Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Thu Sep 20, 2018 7:30 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2005 3:46 am 
Welterweight

Sa tingin nyo sa mga players ngayon sa PBA or in the whole PI in general sino kaya ang kayang makapaglaro sa NBA? Miller, Alapag i dont know!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2005 3:58 am 
Heavyweight

waxxxi wrote:
Sa tingin nyo sa mga players ngayon sa PBA or in the whole PI in general sino kaya ang kayang makapaglaro sa NBA? Miller, Alapag i dont know!

EJ Feihl

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2005 4:13 am 
Welterweight

rbm115 wrote:
waxxxi wrote:

EJ Feihl

baka maglaro ng text sa court? Nothing, sa height pag tumangkad ang pinoy bumabagal. 6'9" here is like an average 5'9" kung kumilos sa PINAS. How we can compete. Maybe in the guard position, if we are grooming our six footers to be in the guard category.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2005 4:24 am 
Heavyweight

hamed wrote:
rbm115 wrote:
waxxxi wrote:

EJ Feihl

baka maglaro ng text sa court? Nothing, sa height pag tumangkad ang pinoy bumabagal. 6'9" here is like an average 5'9" kung kumilos sa PINAS. How we can compete. Maybe in the guard position, if we are grooming our six footers to be in the guard category.

definitely correct.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2005 4:41 am 
Heavyweight

The only positions that a Pinoy could make it thru the NBA is on the PG and SG position. Of course, they have to excel in their playing roles more than their taller counterparts as if their skill if the same, the players who have a more sought-after body type gets the job.

For me, only Johnny Abarrientos as a point guard and Allan Caidic as a pure shooter had the chance for the NBA.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2005 5:45 am 
Lightweight

Shark_Attack wrote:
The only positions that a Pinoy could make it thru the NBA is on the PG and SG position. Of course, they have to excel in their playing roles more than their taller counterparts as if their skill if the same, the players who have a more sought-after body type gets the job.

For me, only Johnny Abarrientos as a point guard and Allan Caidic as a pure shooter had the chance for the NBA.
This is true pare. But, right now wala akong nakikita na uubra sa NBA from the Phil., I frequent MSG for the games kung ikukumpara ang players sa'tin Slow mo ang kilos and the conditioning ng NBA players matindi walang senorito dito di gaya ng PBA me nagpapirma lang ng autograph lumaki na ulo.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2005 5:51 am 
Cruiserweight

Location: Under the blood red sky, a cloud gathered in Black and white
With the right training and practice. Im sure we can Excel in the NBA. Just give them the right exposure. There's alot of Filipinos that were born here that I play with in the Park in Jersey City and Most of them are good. Then they just have to also go to a college and stuff like that. I personally think kaya natin.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2005 5:54 am 
Middleweight

Si kerby reymundo sa tingin ko may pagaasa, kahit imports ang nakabantay sa kanya ay kaya nyang iskoran, yung nga lang di ko sgurado makapagdominate sa nba ito, mas malalaki kasi players dun eh.

si duremdes gusto ko rin king nagpapadala lang sa ang pba regularly ng payers abroad di sana marami na tayung mga players na nadiscobre...

i like willie miller too maliit pero magaling tlaga sa tingin ko kaya nitong mag ala allen iverson, si iverson naman mga 5'10 lang nagpapatangkad lang...

Some other good PBA players whom i think can play in the nba are

Tony Dela Cruz
Jun Limpot
johny A
young Meneses
olsen racela
mark telan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2005 7:08 am 
Heavyweight

IN MY OPINION, IT WOULD BE TRULY DIFFICULT FOR PINOYS TO ENTER THE NBA. THE NBA HAS TALLER, FASTER, AND STRONGER PLAYERS. NOT TO MENTION THAT THEIR TALENTS ARE +10.

THE ONLY POSITIONS THAT WE MAY HAVE THE CHANCE ON WOULD BE POINT GUARDS AND SHOOTING GUARDS. OF THE TWO POSITIONS THOUGH, IT WOULD BE HARDER TO COME IN AND PLAY AS A POINT GUARD AS A LOT OF PRESSURE WOULD BE PUT ON YOUR SHOULDERS. JUDGING PINOY POINT GUARDS THOUGH, I THINK RIGHT NOW NO ONE IS CAPABLE TO PLAY IN THE NBA IN THIS POSITION... AND THIS WOULD BE BECAUSE MOST OF OUR POINT GUARDS MAKE A LOT OF BAD DECISIONS ON COURT OR OFF-COURT.

I REMEMBER READING AN ARTICLE ONCE DURING THE TIME THE CHARLOTTE HORNETS WERE EYEING UP JOHNNY ABARIENTOS. THE SCOUT HAD A LOT OF GOOD REMARKS WHEN HE SAW JOHNNY ABARIENTOS PLAY FOR ALASKA.

HOWEVER THE DEAL REALLY DIDN'T PUSH THROUGH. I WONDERED WHY. THEN A FEW WEEKS LATER, I HAVE READ IN ANOTHER ARTICLE THAT COACH TIM CONE IS QUITE DISAPPOINTED WITH JOHNNY ABARIENTOS AS HE WAS NOT GOING TO PRACTICE ON TIME OR WAS FREQUENTLY ABSENT. THE MAIN REASON THE ARTICLE SAID THAT JOHNNY WAS BUSY TAKING CARE OF HIS "PANSABONG NA MGA MANOK." AND SO MAYBE, THE SCOUT HAVE HEARD THAT JOHNNY HAS THIS UNPROFESSIONAL ATTITUDE KAYA THE DEAL NEVER PUSHED THROUGH. ANTAGAL NA NUNG TIME NA INIISCOUT PA NG CHARLOTTE SI JOHNNY. ONLY HE HAD THE CHANCE TO MAKE IT BIG.

IF I REMEMBER IT RIGHT, I THINK TWO FILIPINO PLAYERS ARE PLAYING IN THE USBL LEAGUE. SI VINCE HIZON TSAKA SI BONG ALVAREZ ATA... BUT THEY DON'T ACT AS POINT GUARDS, MORE OF LIKE SHOOTING GUARDS OR CATCH AND SHOOT GUYS. OR TAGA KUHA NG FREE THROW. HEHE

Post subject: kaya natin...
PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 4:38 pm 
Bantamweight

kaya natin pero kailangan galingan ng mga players natin, lalo na kapag olympics, asian games at sea games, kasi doon mae-expose mga players natin, kung magaling mapapansin ng nba, hindi naman pwedeng imbitahin natin officials ng isang team?

o maglaro ang lakers dito sa pinas vs. all-star players natin. treat yun sa atin!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 4:08 pm 
Welterweight

kayang kaya, nakapasok nga si yuta tabushi ng japan, e may mas magaling pa dun na pinoy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 4:09 pm 
Welterweight

kayang kaya, nakapasok nga si yuta tabushi ng japan, e may mas magaling pa dun na pinoy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 8:59 pm 
Lightweight

JAMBO BOLADO!

:drinking: :drinking: :drinking: :drinking: :drinking:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 9:10 pm 
Heavyweight

fredie abuda... wakokokokokoko

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 9:24 pm 
Bantamweight

I think John Arigo in PG position and Danny Siegle in SG position will do on the NBA. :)