Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Sun Jul 21, 2019 10:05 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1837 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 119, 120, 121, 122, 123
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:30 am 
Heavyweight

PeluBoy wrote:
next year baka maungusan na si Kobe

KAYA YAN!
8)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2018 6:35 pm 
Bantamweight

PeluBoy wrote:
next year baka maungusan na si Kobe

Before he turns 38 siguro baka siya na ang all time leading scorer in NBA History. LeBron is a physical specimen baka maging effective player din siya sa NBA in his 40's kagaya ni Asi Taulava ng PBA who was a Mythical 5 member at age 43 and 44.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2018 8:23 am 
Heavyweight

LeBron James scored a season-high 51 points, hitting 19-of-31 from the field, when the Los Angeles Lakers defeated the Miami Heat, 113-97, at the American Airlines Arena, the biggest points ever scored by a Lakers player against the Heat. 

James started scoring immediately with 19 points in the first quarter. It was his 12th 50-point game of his career. James so far became the first Lakers player to score 40 or more points more than once since Kobe Bryant retired in 2016. He also went into the record books as the fifth player in NBA history to score a 50-point game for three different teams.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2018 11:17 am 
Heavyweight

Lloyd: As Cavs prepare for LeBron James’ return game, JR Smith says team is tanking and reiterates he wants out
(EDITOR’S NOTE: The Cavaliers and JR Smith have separated following the publication of this article. Smith will remain away from the team while the Cavs attempt to trade him.)

DETROIT — When the Lakers’ charter jet touches down Tuesday afternoon at Hopkins, LeBron James will briefly step back into his old life again for only a moment. James has moved on and is presumably happy with his new life in Los Angeles. Those left behind are still sorting through the rubble and emotions that always seem to accompany his exits.

Larry Nance Jr. remains thrilled with how everything has worked out. He bought a house in his hometown even before signing a lucrative extension over the summer and has lunch with his parents multiple times a week. Just a kid from Akron who is happy to be home.

George Hill remains grateful for the opportunity to play in the Finals for the first time in his career while acknowledging his future here is uncertain and could be ending by...

https://theathletic.com/665181/2018/11/ ... wants-out/

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2018 2:41 pm 
Heavyweight

Lebron just declared himself as the GOAT!!! :shock:

_________

" That one right there made me the greatest player of all time. That’s what I felt. I was super, super ecstatic to win one for Cleveland because of the 52-year drought. Like, I was ecstatic. That day, the first wave of emotion was, everyone saw me crying, that was all for 52 years of everything sports that have gone on in Cleveland. And after I stopped, I was like ‘That one right there made you the greatest player of all time.’ Everybody was talking about how they were the greatest team of all time. Like, they were the greatest team ever assembled, and for us to come back, the way we came back in that fashion, I was like ‘You did something special.’ That was, like, one of the only times in my career I felt like ‘Oh s—, you did something special.’ I haven’t really had time to really sit back and think, but that, that was a moment."

http://sports.yahoo.com/lebron-james-cr ... 17507.html

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2018 2:45 pm 
Heavyweight

So, clearly, James has identified his win over the 73-9 Warriors in the 2016 NBA finals as the moment that will define his legacy, and obviously for good reason. Averaging 29.7 points, 11.3 rebounds and 8.9 assists per game while leading a shocking comeback over the most successful regular season team of all time to end a half-century title drought for the most beleaguered sports city in the country will do that.

James doesn’t mention Jordan at all while using his lone Finals win over the Warriors in four tries with the Cavaliers as the moment that elevated him to GOAT-status, but that’s clearly the subtext.

We probably don’t need to fully rehash Jordan vs. LeBron debate here. One side is going to say count the rings, respect the dominance of the 90s Chicago Bulls and politely note the contributions of Dwyane Wade and Kyrie Irving, among others, to certain titles. The other side will say contributions across the box score should outweigh sheer scoring, eight consecutive NBA Finals appearances is very impressive and that today’s game is harder to dominate in. Both sides have their supporters, and plenty of them are probably sick of talking about it.

James’ comment is just the latest volley in the debate, and probably not the last as he expands his growing media footprint.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2018 4:13 pm 
Cruiserweight

Lebron James celebrating the birthday! watch this

https://powcastsports.com/lebron-james- ... -and-more/

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1837 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 119, 120, 121, 122, 123