Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:11 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 545 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 37  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: PBA's Monster games
PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 7:00 pm 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 23, 2006 2:25 pm
Posts: 30890
Location: YOUR SHADOW...
assists--eugene quilban holds the record (28)

_________________
KOBE >>YOUR FAVE PLAYER
LAKERS >>YOUR FAVE TEAM
-----------------------------


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: PBA's Monster games
PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 11:46 pm 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 2:25 pm
Posts: 25267
a 5'11 carlos briggs of ginebra has a monster game during his stint with Anejo Rhum (Ginebra) averaging 62.1 points in 24 games...

October 15 Formula Shell 135-132 (W) scored 81 pts
November 5 Presto Tivoli 144-143 OT (W) scored 71 pts
November 7 Purefoods 146-158 (L) scored 77 pts
November 16 San Miguel Beer 133-142 (L) scored 89 pts
November 21 Purefoods 135-134 (W) scored 75 pts
November 30 San Miguel Beer 134-140 (L) scored Game 2 Finals 84 pts
December 7 San Miguel Beer 138-134 (W) scored Game 3 Finals 71 pts


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: PBA's Monster games
PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 11:59 pm 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 2:25 pm
Posts: 25267
Jaworski played the entire game that needed two extra overtime periods to beat Manila Beer 145-135, thereby taking a commanding 3-1 lead. Jaworski was 40 years old at that time and yet became a PBA record holder for being the local who played the longest in one game. Jaworski's wedding godson, Zandro "Jun" Limpot eventually would break that record while playing for the Sta. Lucia Realtors as a rookie in 1993 by playing 60 minutes in a triple OT victory against SMB. Paradoxically, Jaworski owns the PBA record for playing the shortest time in a PBA game, at one second. In a game against the Alaska Milkmen in 1996 and behind by two points with one second in that game, the Big J fielded himself to handle the inbound. While the inbound was successful, the team failed to convert this into a basket and lost the game.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Jaworski


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: PBA's Monster games
PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 12:44 am 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2007 8:03 am
Posts: 5054
Location: Pilipinas,Toronto
Eto gallng sa sariling records ko (Sobrang adik ako sa PBA noon. Nililista ko stats ng mga Player of the Game)

Nic Belasco

SMB vs Redbull
Dec 25, 2004
27 Points
22 rebs
-------------
Danny Seigle

Jan 21, 2005
SMB vs Ginebra
39 Points (career high)
11 rebs
11/12 FTs

March 17, 2005
SMB vs Sta.Lucia (2OT)
43 Points (new career high)
14 rebs
2 asts
3 steals
16/29 FGs

-------------
San Miguel Beermen vs FedEx
May 27. 2005
SMB scored 42 points in a quarter (3rd)

-------------
Renren Ritualo (FedEx)
27 of 36 points scored in a quarter (4th) - tied the record with 8 consecutive 3pt shots

-------------

tinatamad na ako magtype. more stats next time :lol:

_________________
It's a pity there isn't any vaccination against stupidity.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: PBA's Monster games
PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 3:36 am 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 23, 2006 2:25 pm
Posts: 30890
Location: YOUR SHADOW...
bugoyparin wrote:
Jaworski played the entire game that needed two extra overtime periods to beat Manila Beer 145-135, thereby taking a commanding 3-1 lead. Jaworski was 40 years old at that time and yet became a PBA record holder for being the local who played the longest in one game. Jaworski's wedding godson, Zandro "Jun" Limpot eventually would break that record while playing for the Sta. Lucia Realtors as a rookie in 1993 by playing 60 minutes in a triple OT victory against SMB. Paradoxically, Jaworski owns the PBA record for playing the shortest time in a PBA game, at one second. In a game against the Alaska Milkmen in 1996 and behind by two points with one second in that game, the Big J fielded himself to handle the inbound. While the inbound was successful, the team failed to convert this into a basket and lost the game.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Jaworski


pati yata yung kay limpot na break na din..si kerby yata ang may hawak with 61 minutes

_________________
KOBE >>YOUR FAVE PLAYER
LAKERS >>YOUR FAVE TEAM
-----------------------------


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: PBA's Monster games
PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 7:06 am 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 28, 2008 2:12 pm
Posts: 26720
Location: LAKERLANDIA
eto mod galing kay HENRY LIAO..

It’s truly unbelievable that Fernandez (first), Patrimonio (third) and Jaworski (ninth) never registered a 50-point game during their remarkable PBA careers, even if all three continue to rank among the top 10 on the league’s all-time scoring charts until now.
*
That being said, herewith are some of the greatest “homegrown” Filipino players who broke the 50-point barrier.
*
Five - Allan Caidic (The Triggerman), Paul Alvarez (Mr Excitement), William Adornado (Bogs), Danilo Florencio and Abe King – actually reached the 60-point plateau.
*
Caidic hit that many on two occasions – a 79 and a 68.* Alvarez once scored 71 points; Adornado, 64; and King, 60.


:D

_________________
last name EVER... first name GREATEST...
RED? BLACK? GREEN? nahh.. PURPLE and GOLD baby!
MELINDA.. MELINDA.. MELINDA..


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: PBA's Monster games
PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 8:03 am 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 01, 2003 9:08 am
Posts: 14881
Location: Terra; Gaia ; Ar-i-du
SieteSuerte wrote:
Eto gallng sa sariling records ko (Sobrang adik ako sa PBA noon. Nililista ko stats ng mga Player of the Game)

Nic Belasco

SMB vs Redbull
Dec 25, 2004
27 Points
22 rebs
-------------
Danny Seigle

Jan 21, 2005
SMB vs Ginebra
39 Points (career high)
11 rebs
11/12 FTs

March 17, 2005
SMB vs Sta.Lucia (2OT)
43 Points (new career high)
14 rebs
2 asts
3 steals
16/29 FGs

-------------
San Miguel Beermen vs FedEx
May 27. 2005
SMB scored 42 points in a quarter (3rd)

-------------
Renren Ritualo (FedEx)
27 of 36 points scored in a quarter (4th) - tied the record with 8 consecutive 3pt shots

-------------

tinatamad na ako magtype. more stats next time :lol:


Ayus! type mo pa yung iba next time :D

_________________
“You create your own universe as you go along.” ― Winston Churchill

"When a table is normalized, the non-key columns depend on the key, the whole key, and nothing but the key." - a DBA


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: PBA's Monster games
PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 8:06 am 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 01, 2003 9:08 am
Posts: 14881
Location: Terra; Gaia ; Ar-i-du
enolrahc wrote:
Presto vs. Purefoods 1990 All-Filipino Championship Game 7

Arnie Tuadles' monster game against the Purefoods stars Patrimonio, Codinera, Pumaren, etc...

di ko lang alam yung stats nya....


Yang mga stats na ganyan ang hinahanap ko.

yung Halimaw game talaga. kaso parang hindi pa online yung karamihan




Retz wrote:
may naging halimaw game ba si jawo? :D


Hindi masyado in numbers yung 1985 heroic game nya. pero nung 1978 cgurado maraming halimaw games si Jawo. sa mga lumang magazines na lang siguro makikita at hindi pa na encode online.

_________________
“You create your own universe as you go along.” ― Winston Churchill

"When a table is normalized, the non-key columns depend on the key, the whole key, and nothing but the key." - a DBA


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: PBA's Monster games
PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 8:08 am 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 01, 2003 9:08 am
Posts: 14881
Location: Terra; Gaia ; Ar-i-du
Philip Cesar The Scholar

Yung almost quadruple nya sa GTC nung 1987 hindi ko makita kita pero nakita ko na yun somewhere



approximately 20pts 14Rebs 10Assist at 7 blocks. Sana makita nyo yung exact stats.

_________________
“You create your own universe as you go along.” ― Winston Churchill

"When a table is normalized, the non-key columns depend on the key, the whole key, and nothing but the key." - a DBA


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: PBA's Monster games
PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 8:22 am 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2011 10:11 pm
Posts: 24870
Justin Williams ung kalaban BGK

20+ points 20+ rebs 8 blks :D

import nga lang :)

_________________
there is ONLY ONE NORA AUNOR !


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: PBA's Monster games
PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 8:44 am 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 01, 2003 9:08 am
Posts: 14881
Location: Terra; Gaia ; Ar-i-du
rocky boy wrote:
Justin Williams ung kalaban BGK

20+ points 20+ rebs 8 blks :D

import nga lang :)


Monster game na yan?

average ni Norman Black againts unlimited size imports

47pts 18Rebs 3blks

average yan huh :D

Pag imports ang monster game 50+pts 25+ rebs at 10+Assists

:D

_________________
“You create your own universe as you go along.” ― Winston Churchill

"When a table is normalized, the non-key columns depend on the key, the whole key, and nothing but the key." - a DBA


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: PBA's Monster games
PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 8:51 am 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2011 10:11 pm
Posts: 24870
miron_lang wrote:
rocky boy wrote:
Justin Williams ung kalaban BGK

20+ points 20+ rebs 8 blks :D

import nga lang :)


Monster game na yan?

average ni Norman Black againts unlimited size imports

47pts 18Rebs 3blks

average yan huh :D

Pag imports ang monster game 50+pts 25+ rebs at 10+Assists

:D


modern day na kasi mod eh :lol:

nung nakaraan yung kamuka ni kevin durant na import ng meralco

57 points :D

_________________
there is ONLY ONE NORA AUNOR !


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: PBA's Monster games
PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 8:53 am 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 28, 2008 2:12 pm
Posts: 26720
Location: LAKERLANDIA
on NOV 30, 1989 PBA Reinforced Conference Finals game 2

San Miguel Beermen 140, Añejo Rum 65ers 134
(San Miguel leads series, 2-0)

* carlos briggs scored 84 pts. in that fight marred, coin throwing mad house (ULTRA).


- Google :biglaugh:

_________________
last name EVER... first name GREATEST...
RED? BLACK? GREEN? nahh.. PURPLE and GOLD baby!
MELINDA.. MELINDA.. MELINDA..


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: PBA's Monster games
PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 10:44 am 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 01, 2003 9:08 am
Posts: 14881
Location: Terra; Gaia ; Ar-i-du
February 7, 1999

On his very 1st game. Asi Taulava had 32pts and 20Rebs in a 90-64 Mobiline victory over Tanduay.

Tanduay had their triumvirate of Bigmen 6'7 Sonny Alvarado and Mark Telan and 6'6 Erick Menk plus 6'5 Chris Cantonjos.

_________________
“You create your own universe as you go along.” ― Winston Churchill

"When a table is normalized, the non-key columns depend on the key, the whole key, and nothing but the key." - a DBA


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: PBA's Monster games
PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:29 am 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2006 11:25 pm
Posts: 4199
Location: Rizal
Si Yoyoy Villamin when he was playing for the Uytengsu Franchise eh naka score yan ng 44 pts . late 80's na yun walang available info sa google.

_________________
NO TO GARBAGE POST IN PACLAND !


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 545 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 37  Next

All times are UTC + 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

philboxing.com | pinoygreats.com
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group