Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 7:23 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:20 am 
Heavyweight

Average numbers as of All-Star break:

PPG: 12
RPG: 6.6
APG: 2.5
SPG: 0.9
BPG: 1.0
FGP: 0.507

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 9:36 am 
Heavyweight

Playoff debut stats:

12 points
5 rebounds
4 assists

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 4:47 pm 
Heavyweight

Antetokounmpo's fourth triple-double in 11 games leads BucksBy BRIAN MAHONEY (AP Basketball Writer)
4 hours ago

NEW YORK (AP) -- Giannis Antetokounmpo bolted from foul line to foul line in just a few dribbles, and after setting up teammates so frequently, this time it was his turn.

He faked a pass and leaped from just inside the line for a dunk so powerful that it may have been the reason photographers had to fix a camera mounted to the backboard at halftime.

''There's only a couple people in the world that probably can make that play, and he's one of them,'' Bucks teammate Greg Monroe said.

Antetokounmpo had 28 points, 14 assists and 11 rebounds, nearly getting his fourth triple-double in the last 11 games by halftime, and Milwaukee beat the Brooklyn Nets 109-100 on Sunday night.

Antetokounmpo already had 12 points, nine assists and eight rebounds by the half on his way to becoming the first Bucks player with four triple-doubles in a season. All of them have come since Feb. 22.

''Sometimes it doesn't look like he's sweating, or breathing hard,'' Bucks coach Jason Kidd said, ''and that just shows how talented he is.''

Jabari Parker added 23 points, and Khris Middleton had 19 points to help the Bucks win their third straight game. Playing for the second straight night and delayed getting into Brooklyn by plane trouble, they got off to a strong start thanks to Antetokounmpo's seven assists in the first quarter.

''That's what I was trying to do,'' he said. ''I was trying to make the right plays and find the open guy, but doing that you've got to stay aggressive.''

Brook Lopez scored 20 points for the Nets, who dropped their fourth in a row. Sean Kilpatrick tied his career high with 19 in his first home game with the Nets after they returned from a franchise-record, nine-game trip.

The Nets committed 12 turnovers that led to 17 points in the fourth quarter of their first home game since Feb. 22 as Milwaukee seized control after trailing 79-78 through three.

''The Achilles heel with this team so far this year is late games and the crunch time, and they haven't been able to deliver part of the plays,'' Nets interim coach Tony Brown said.

Antetokounmpo set up Miles Plumlee's dunk that put Milwaukee ahead for good at 99-98 with 3:21 to play. The Bucks kept expanding it from there on a finishing 12-2 run, helped repeatedly by the Nets' turnovers that sent Antetokounmpo leading a fast break in the other direction.

Thaddeus Young had 17 points and 10 rebounds and was one of the Nets who couldn't stop Antetokounmpo, who shot 12 for 16 from the field.

''He puts a lot of pressure on you,'' Young said. ''He's very aggressive and has the green light.''

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 6:46 am 
Light Heavyweight

the real deal

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 12:29 pm 
Light Heavyweight

he's currently playing as point forward due to injury of carter-williams kaya dumami assist nya...

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 12:40 pm 
Heavyweight

magaling pala tong si Atenkopung singsing :)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 10:25 am 
Heavyweight

Giannis Makes Noise in Franchise Record Books with Wednesday's Effort
Bleacher Report Milestones
March 23, 2017

Milwaukee Bucks superstar Giannis Antetokounmpo ended Wednesday's tilt against the Sacramento Kings with 32 points, 13 rebounds, six assists, two steals and one block. The effort made him the first Bucks player since 1979 to record 30-plus points and 10-plus rebounds seven different times in a season, per NBA.com.

The versatile 6'11" forward has averaged 23 points, 8.5 rebounds, 5.4 assists, 1.9 blocks and 1.7 steals over 70 games so far this season, leading the Bucks in each of the five biggest categories. The outstanding season earned Giannis his first All-Star selection, where he started in the frontcourt for the Eastern Conference.

Antetokounmpo—still just 22 years old—is only in his fourth NBA season. The Greek Freak has improved his stats in each of those campaigns, but the biggest jump occurred between last season and this season. He's averaging approximately six more points, almost a full rebound and over one more assist per contest in 2016-17 despite seeing his playing time plateau at just over 35 minutes per game.

Milwaukee inked Giannis to a four-year extension last September, guaranteeing he will stay with the franchise through at least the 2020-21 season. His new deal—which kicks in next season—will net him a massive pay bump from the approximately $3 million he's earning this season. In the first year of The Greek Freak's new contract, he will take home nearly $22.5 million.

While it's still too early in his career to draw any conclusions, Giannis has the early makings of becoming a superstar in the association.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:54 am 
Heavyweight

"Look at Giannis. Giannis Antetokounmpo, this guy is scary. He's more athletic than I am. He's longer than me. He's faster. He's going to be stronger than I am.

"... A lot of people told me he looked up to me, and I didn't know that, but a lot of people said that. We played in Milwaukee one time and I was working out before the game and I just saw him staring at me, just watching me the whole time. I was like it feels good that I can influence a young guy like that."

-Kevin Durant -

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:54 am 
Heavyweight

In just his fourth NBA season, Antetokounmpo took the NBA by storm and became the first player since Kevin Garnett (2002-03) to average at least 20 points, eight rebounds, five assists and 1.5 blocks per game.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 2:00 pm 
Heavyweight

First 3 games...

44 (career high)

Excited for this kid to win his first MVP this season... :D