Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Tue Jun 25, 2019 3:17 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 169 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 12  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 10:39 am 
Offline
Light Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 25, 2010 2:15 pm
Posts: 1234
mandopacman wrote:
theDon wrote:
Barring any injuries, Junmar has the youth and the tools to make it happen. Beat the record, Junmar. Go for 5.



Barring injury and FatherTime, Kiefer Ravena will be a 5x MVP. and surely will belong to HOF.
go Kiefer!!!



Hindi nga maka Champion ng wala si Slaughter eh, MVP pa!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 4:27 pm 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 29, 2005 8:52 pm
Posts: 44975
Location: Philippines
basta mag MVP this season, malaking posibilidad mag 5 times... :) :D

_________________
- It is easier to write an incorrect program than understand a correct one.
- Finding good players is easy. Getting them to play as a team is another story.
- Defense wins games. Excellent defense wins championships.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 8:52 am 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 27, 2010 11:38 am
Posts: 27605
Location: Southeast Asia
On course na for his 3rd MVP at age 27... :shock:

_________

Can anyone deny June Mar Fajardo a record third straight MVP award?
From: Spin.ph staff August 29, 2016, 07:12 pm 99733

Image
June Mar Fajardo is the favorite but Calvin Abueva, Terrence Romeo, Jayson Castro, and Stanley Pringle are out to deny the SMB big man a third successive MVP award.
CAN anyone deny June Mar Fajardo a third successive MVP award?

That's the burning question entering the final stretch of the PBA's 41st season as far as individual awards are concerned, with the familiar sight of the 6-foot-10 big man once again standing tall against a host of contenders for the league's highest honor.

Unless some other player comes up with an extraordinary performance in the season-ending Governors Cup, expect the mild-mannered San Miguel slotman from Pinamungahan, Cebu to walk away with his third MVP award before he turns 27 on November 17.

No other player in the league - not even four-time MVPs Mon Fernandez and Alvin Patrimonio - has won the award three successive seasons. An MVP at the end of this campaign will bolster Fajardo's growing reputation as one of the finest big men the league has ever seen.

At this point, it's hard to bet against Fajardo winning the top individual honor.

The Gilas Pilipinas mainstay is an automatic candidate for the MVP by virtue of his Best Player of the Conference award in the Philippine Cup. The championship the Beermen won in the all-Filipino conference can only serve to validate his claim on the honor.

Fajardo is also not sitting around waiting for the MVP trophy to land on his lap. He currently leads all locals in rebounding in the Governors Cup with a 12.143 per game average through seven games and is second only to GlobalPort's Terrence Romeo in scoring with a 21.6 clip.


http://www.spin.ph/basketball/pba/speci ... -mvp-award

_________________
“YESTERDAY IS HISTORY, TOMORROW A MYSTERY, AND TODAY
A GIFT…THAT’S WHY IT IS CALLED THE PRESENT “.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 12:02 pm 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 29, 2005 8:52 pm
Posts: 44975
Location: Philippines
JABEZJ wrote:
On course na for his 3rd MVP at age 27... :shock:

_________

Can anyone deny June Mar Fajardo a record third straight MVP award?
From: Spin.ph staff August 29, 2016, 07:12 pm 99733

Image
June Mar Fajardo is the favorite but Calvin Abueva, Terrence Romeo, Jayson Castro, and Stanley Pringle are out to deny the SMB big man a third successive MVP award.
CAN anyone deny June Mar Fajardo a third successive MVP award?

That's the burning question entering the final stretch of the PBA's 41st season as far as individual awards are concerned, with the familiar sight of the 6-foot-10 big man once again standing tall against a host of contenders for the league's highest honor.

Unless some other player comes up with an extraordinary performance in the season-ending Governors Cup, expect the mild-mannered San Miguel slotman from Pinamungahan, Cebu to walk away with his third MVP award before he turns 27 on November 17.

No other player in the league - not even four-time MVPs Mon Fernandez and Alvin Patrimonio - has won the award three successive seasons. An MVP at the end of this campaign will bolster Fajardo's growing reputation as one of the finest big men the league has ever seen.

At this point, it's hard to bet against Fajardo winning the top individual honor.

The Gilas Pilipinas mainstay is an automatic candidate for the MVP by virtue of his Best Player of the Conference award in the Philippine Cup. The championship the Beermen won in the all-Filipino conference can only serve to validate his claim on the honor.

Fajardo is also not sitting around waiting for the MVP trophy to land on his lap. He currently leads all locals in rebounding in the Governors Cup with a 12.143 per game average through seven games and is second only to GlobalPort's Terrence Romeo in scoring with a 21.6 clip.


http://www.spin.ph/basketball/pba/speci ... -mvp-award


kung makapasok sa semis ang SMB, palagay ko in the bag na ang 3rd MVP ni JuneMar... :) :D

_________________
- It is easier to write an incorrect program than understand a correct one.
- Finding good players is easy. Getting them to play as a team is another story.
- Defense wins games. Excellent defense wins championships.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 9:14 am 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 29, 2005 8:52 pm
Posts: 44975
Location: Philippines
Mukhang sure na ang MVP award ni JuneMar... Si Jayson Castro lang yata pinakamatindi nyang kalaban sa award.
nakapasok sa semis ang SMB tapos monster games pa pinapakita ni JuneMar. Mas lalo pang magiging sure kung papasok sila ng Finals.

(For now: SMB - Champion in All-Filipino [JuneMar BPC awardee]; SMB - Semifinalist in Commissioner's Cup [top 1 in the standings after the elimination]; SMB - currently nasa semis in Governor's Cup, posible pa makapasok sa Finals at mag champion. [top 2 in the standings after the elimination])
(For now: TNT - Quarterfinalist in All-Filipino; TNT - Quarterfinalist in Commissioner's Cup; TNT - currently nasa semis in Governor's Cup, posible pa makapasok sa Finals at mag champion. [top 1 in the standings after the elimination])

Malaking possibility:
Governor's Cup Best Player Award: Jayson Castro
Season MVP: JuneMar Fajardo

_________________
- It is easier to write an incorrect program than understand a correct one.
- Finding good players is easy. Getting them to play as a team is another story.
- Defense wins games. Excellent defense wins championships.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 11:40 pm 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:33 pm
Posts: 10177
sure na sa mvp si junemar.

_________________
the problem with the world is, intelligent people are full of doubts, while stupid people are full of confidence.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 5:17 pm 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 29, 2005 8:52 pm
Posts: 44975
Location: Philippines
hightimes wrote:
sure na sa mvp si junemar.


Tingin ko rin, sure na. Kahit di makapasok sa Finals, laglag na rin ang TNT eh. :) :D
Baka nga siya pa mag BPC kung sila ang papasok sa Finals... 8) :beer:

_________________
- It is easier to write an incorrect program than understand a correct one.
- Finding good players is easy. Getting them to play as a team is another story.
- Defense wins games. Excellent defense wins championships.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2016 11:45 am 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 29, 2005 8:52 pm
Posts: 44975
Location: Philippines
3 down, 2 more to go para maka 5 MVPs... :) :celebrate:

_________________
- It is easier to write an incorrect program than understand a correct one.
- Finding good players is easy. Getting them to play as a team is another story.
- Defense wins games. Excellent defense wins championships.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2016 1:59 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 01, 2003 9:08 am
Posts: 14897
Location: Terra; Gaia ; Ar-i-du
sana si Jayson Castro naman :lol:

_________________
“You create your own universe as you go along.” ― Winston Churchill

"When a table is normalized, the non-key columns depend on the key, the whole key, and nothing but the key." - a DBA


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2016 5:06 pm 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 29, 2005 8:52 pm
Posts: 44975
Location: Philippines
miron_lang wrote:
sana si Jayson Castro naman :lol:


Pwede mod miron, basta ba maraming monster games si Castro and makapag champion ang TNT in All-Filipino with Jayson bagging another BPC award... :) :D

_________________
- It is easier to write an incorrect program than understand a correct one.
- Finding good players is easy. Getting them to play as a team is another story.
- Defense wins games. Excellent defense wins championships.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2016 5:20 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 01, 2003 9:08 am
Posts: 14897
Location: Terra; Gaia ; Ar-i-du
studstar wrote:

kaya siguro, remember si alvin didnt become an mvp until year 4, eh si junemar yr 2 and 3 mvp na. last mvp ni alvin yr10 nya (4 mvps in 7 years).




Angat na angat si Junmar if we really think about it.


in terms of size + skillz. there's no one comparable.

sana nag sabay na lang sila ni Asi para mas na motivate si Asi.


no contest really.

_________________
“You create your own universe as you go along.” ― Winston Churchill

"When a table is normalized, the non-key columns depend on the key, the whole key, and nothing but the key." - a DBA


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2016 5:48 pm 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 29, 2005 8:52 pm
Posts: 44975
Location: Philippines
miron_lang wrote:
studstar wrote:

kaya siguro, remember si alvin didnt become an mvp until year 4, eh si junemar yr 2 and 3 mvp na. last mvp ni alvin yr10 nya (4 mvps in 7 years).




Angat na angat si Junmar if we really think about it.


in terms of size + skillz. there's no one comparable.

sana nag sabay na lang sila ni Asi para mas na motivate si Asi.


no contest really.


sino kaya mahigpit na makakalaban ni JuneMar sa MVP race next year? Pwede na kaya si Gregzilla or si idol Japeth? :?: :?:

gumaganda na rin ang takbo ng career ni idol Japeth ah. (2nd Mythical team member at Defensive team member) this year. posible pa masamahan ng Governor's Cup championship trophy... 8) :)

_________________
- It is easier to write an incorrect program than understand a correct one.
- Finding good players is easy. Getting them to play as a team is another story.
- Defense wins games. Excellent defense wins championships.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 5:12 pm 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2005 10:16 am
Posts: 9507
si greg can but he has to be as dominant and the team as successful. i doubt japeth gets mvp, unless greg gets traded.

_________________
http://www.kingsofchaos.com/recruit.php?uniqid=cjp598mh


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 2:51 pm 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 29, 2005 8:52 pm
Posts: 44975
Location: Philippines
studstar wrote:
si greg can but he has to be as dominant and the team as successful. i doubt japeth gets mvp, unless greg gets traded.


baka mas may chance pa mag MVP si Castro compared to Greg and idol Japeth.
But who knows, baka mas mag improve pa lalo ang laro nina Greg at idol Japeth, lalo na ngayon na may championship trophy na. sana mas lalong ganahan.
pero mukhang sa basketball IQ talaga kailangan mag improve ni idol Japeth, muntikan na naman kagabi dahil sa malamyang pasa. :( :lol:

_________________
- It is easier to write an incorrect program than understand a correct one.
- Finding good players is easy. Getting them to play as a team is another story.
- Defense wins games. Excellent defense wins championships.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 11:34 pm 
Offline
Light Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 31, 2009 12:35 pm
Posts: 1955
Location: South Pole – Aitken basin
So far, very right on track...

_________________
- "Never Gone Just Out Of Sight"
- If I have 1 question to God, I would ask; who makes it in your top-100 best fighter of all time?


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 169 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 12  Next

All times are UTC + 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

philboxing.com | pinoygreats.com
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group