Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Sun Nov 18, 2018 9:46 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:01 am 
Heavyweight

JABEZJ wrote:
miron_lang wrote:
JABEZJ wrote:

Simmons averaged 15.8 points, 8.2 assists, 8.1 rebounds and 1.7 steals

MABANGIS na din yaan....

Yes mod, malupit..sana maging future MVP (hopefully within the ext 10 years)...

If he develops his jump shot and 3 point shooting, mas magiging malupit to...
With Embid, Saric, Fultz and other young guns of Philly, they will contend for championship in 3 to 5 years..
Philly and Boston will be fun to watch... :D
miron_lang wrote:

magandang start.. umabot sa 2nd round... ROY pa.

yung JUMPSHOT nga hehehe

yan pinakamadaling pag aralan sa totoo lang hehe..

palaki ng palaki yung mga multi dimensional player 6'10 to di ba.. before him Lebron of course pero yung mga

nauna like Fat Lever and Alvin Robertson both 6'4

I hope Ben's accomplishment be more of like Lebron rather than these 2

Kahit na jumpshot na ala Kobe or Mcgrady lang mod ok na ako dun..haha
If ma maintain nya ang bilis at liksi nya while bulking up, mas lalong ok..
Bulk up lang ala Lebron para may lakas panlaban sa mga bumabangga sa kanya..
Sana lang injury-free like Lebron....

At saka wag lumaki ang ulo... :D

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:37 am 
Heavyweight

2nd game pa lang of the season, may triple-double na kaagad si Simmons.

He had 13pts, 13rebs and 11 assists against Chicago.. :D

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:38 am 
Heavyweight

Yesterday against Boston, he had 19pts, 15rebs and 8assists...

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 12:03 pm 
Featherweight

He is already 95% Lebron in action and gameness. The 5% difference is the character. In my opnion, Simmons would never be a next Lebron since I see him the character of Kawhi o Duncan. A very agile, blessed with basketball ability but silent (not so agreessive) type. That means he might overtake the greatness and consistency of Kawhi and Duncan but not the record of Lebron. Please don't get me wrong, LeBron has the record but for Simmons to be compared with the legend Duncan is extraordinary. And to overtake him is so special.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 1:02 pm 
Cruiserweight

simimik wrote:
He is already 95% Lebron in action and gameness. The 5% difference is the character. In my opnion, Simmons would never be a next Lebron since I see him the character of Kawhi o Duncan. A very agile, blessed with basketball ability but silent (not so agreessive) type. That means he might overtake the greatness and consistency of Kawhi and Duncan but not the record of Lebron. Please don't get me wrong, LeBron has the record but for Simmons to be compared with the legend Duncan is extraordinary. And to overtake him is so special.

what u smokin? overtaking Kawhi and Duncan??? not even the great Kobe could match Duncan's record...the only record that Simmons is breaking, is AI's or Iggy's

____
Cowards hide behind anonymity
Live Responsibly!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 11:01 am 
Featherweight

Kamatis wrote:
simimik wrote:

what u smokin? overtaking Kawhi and Duncan??? not even the great Kobe could match Duncan's record...the only record that Simmons is breaking, is AI's or Iggy's

Haha.. I know I tried to smoke Marlboro before but it only lasted as "try".

Kidding aside, what I was comparing above is the overall performance (ending) when they all get retired. I did not say that he "would" overtake Duncan, but I was not discounting the fact that he "might be as good" or "might overtake" the Legend Duncan and the Great Kawhi at the end of fhe day. Every player can write his own greatness in sports and that is what I believe with Ben Simmons when I just saw him played once with Lakers last day.

Now if someone would comment about the 95% statement, it's about the gameness. He's almost as game as LeBron when he played. Again, not yet as great as LeBron.

For me, I can just classify two kinds of modern greats in NBA. One is an aggressive type like Jordan, LeBron, and Kobe, and the other is a silent type like Duncan and Kawhi. I imagine Simmons to be the latter type. That's why he could not become a next LeBron since he is not an aggressive type in my eyes.

***By the way, I became a fan of Kawhi because he became a mentee of the Legend Duncan (my most favorite NBA player).

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6