Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Fri Mar 24, 2017 11:48 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 511 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 35  Next
PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 6:05 pm 
Heavyweight

Jeron Teng scores! 15.1 left in the game, DLSU with the lead, 66-65! #UAAPFinals

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 6:06 pm 
Heavyweight

Montalbo misses first FT, hits second. DLSU up 67-65 with 3.3 to play, no timeouts for Ateneo

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 6:07 pm 
Heavyweight

Congrats La Salle Green Archers for winning Game 1!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 6:15 pm 
Heavyweight

La Salle squeaks past gutsy Ateneo in heart-stopping Game 1, moves closer to UAAP 79 title

The De La Salle Green Archers needed to play until the final possession before they could finally put away their hard-fighting rivals Ateneo but got the job done, 67-65, to claim Game One of the UAAP Season 79 Finals on Saturday at the Mall of Asia Arena.

Despite La Salle jumping out to a huge first quarter lead, Ateneo was able to take the lead in the final minute but Jeron Teng made the go-ahead basket with 15 seconds.

Ben Mbala scored 20 points to lead the Green Archers while Teng scored 10 markers, including the clutch layup that put La Salle in the lead, alongside four rebounds and three assists.

DLSU now leads the series, 1-0, and is one game away from winning the championship.

La Salle opened the game with a vengeance, flaunting their depth as they jumped out to a 16-2 lead even without Mbala scoring a single point. Teng scored six points in the opening period, matching the output of the entire Ateneo team.

But the Blue Eagles finally broke out of their slumber in the second period behind the exploits of Aaron Black.

He opened the quarter with a three-pointer, 19-9, and later scored back-to-back baskets on a tough floating finish and a fastbreak and-one for five consecutive points as Ateneo came back to within four points, 26-22.

But Mbala started to impose his will on the interior as he scored five points in a 9-2 La Salle run that pushed the difference back up to double-digits, 35-24.

The Green Archers led 36-26 at the halftime break, with Mbala leading the way with seven points and five rebounds. Black led Ateneo with eight markers.

La Salle was able to push their lead back up to 13 points after a quick start to the third, but relentless Ateneo charged back again.

They got the Green Archers into penalty and chipped away from the free throw line but also got some outside shooting from Adrian Wong and Black, whose triple at the 4:07 mark brought the Blue Eagles back to within two points after a 14-3 run.

Some aggressive play from Thirdy Ravena and Raffy Verano, as well as free throws from Matt Nieto, allowed Ateneo to come all the way back and tie the game at 52-all heading into the fourth quarter.

The Green Archers again surged ahead thanks to the shooting of Aljun Melecio in the fourth but Mike Nieto made some big plays and Chibueze Ikeh scored three crucial baskets inside as the Blue Eagles again threatened the La Salle lead, 64-63.

Teng made a clutch shot at the end of their shot clock but it was waved off after an officials’ review.

Matt Nieto then came up huge with a spin move and bank shot to give Ateneo the lead, 65-64, plus a a free throw with 34 seconds remaining.

Niteo missed the charity and though Ateneo grabbed the offensive rebound, Ravena turned the ball over and Teng swung the balance as he sliced through the lane for a layup, 66-65.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 7:40 pm 
Heavyweight

NBA RESULTS

Pistons 121
Hawks 85

Bulls 111
Cavaliers 105

Clippers 114
Pelicans 96

Spurs 107
Wizards 105

Rockets 128
Nuggets 110

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 7:48 pm 
Heavyweight

Meralco backcourt leads big 4Q breakaway in win over NLEX

http://www.interaksyon.com/interaktv/me ... -over-nlex

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 6:50 am 
Heavyweight

Report: Dirk out indefinitely

The Dallas Mavs veteran star Dirk Nowitzki is dealing with a lingering Achilles strain and has been courtside since November 27. 

At 38 years old, any sort of significant injury will bring a player's basketball mortality into question. Like any player in the twilight of his career, Nowitzki has seen a dip in production this year, averaging 12.2 points and 6.4 rebounds per game in five contests this season.

However, having scored more than 29,000 points during a 19-year career, Nowitzki is the greatest player in Mavericks history and one of the best international imports the NBA has ever seen. 

http://www.sportingnews.com/au/nba-au/n ... 810mbc4w2h

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 7:24 am 
Heavyweight

Report: NBA will start its season earlier in October in an attempt to eliminate back-to-back games

Isn’t this a wonderful thing. The NBA is working to make back-to-back games and four-games-in-five nights schedule quirks a thing of the past. The league’s new collective bargaining agreement discussions, according to one report from ESPN, will include language that will help the league schedule its opening games more than a week earlier than they’ve been pitched in years past.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/report-nba ... 50933.html

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 10:00 am 
Heavyweight

Nets 103
Bucks 112
Final Score

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 10:21 am 
Heavyweight

Former Batangas vice-governor Mark Leviste tried to confront Ateneo assistant coach Gabby Severino who he said flashed a dirty finger to some of the Green Archers. Leviste rushed behind Ateneo’s bench and called out head coach Tab Baldwin’s lieutenant who ignored the agitated supporter wearing a DLSU No. 1  jersey. 

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 10:54 am 
Heavyweight

Ateneo–La Salle rivalry

History (Basketball)

1st Meeting (NCAA) 1924

Last Meeting (UAAP) December 3, 2016
(UAAP Finals Game 1)

Next Meeting (UAAP) December 7, 2016
(UAAP Finals Game 2)

Rivalry Series (UAAP) 45–34 (.576) Ateneo
*7 La Salle wins from the 2003-05 seasons were forfeited due to fielding of ineligible players during that period.
Largest Margin of Victory 80–55 Ateneo
(September 14, 1996)

Post Season Basketball History
Championship Meetings (Basketball) Tied 4-4

1939 NCAA Basketball Championship
La Salle won 27–23

1958 NCAA Basketball Championship
Ateneo won 105–103

1974 NCAA Basketball Championship
La Salle won 90–80

1988 UAAP Basketball Championship
Ateneo won 76–70

2001 UAAP Basketball Championship
La Salle won 93-88

2002 UAAP Basketball ChampionshipAteneo won 77-702008 UAAP Basketball Championship
Ateneo won 62-51

2008 Philippine Collegiate Championship
La Salle won 71-62

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 5:49 pm 
Heavyweight

NBA RESULTS

Mavericks 107
Bulls 82

Jazz 105
Nuggets 98

Trail Blazers 99
Heat 92

Warriors 138
Suns 109

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 11:20 pm 
Heavyweight

JC Intal and Matthew Wright waxed hot from downtown to propel the Phoenix Fuel Masters to a 114-104 victory over the lowly Mahindra Floodbuster in the Oppo PBA Philippine Cup Sunday at Mall of Asia Arena.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 11:23 pm 
Heavyweight

James Yap finally made his much-anticipated debut for the Rain or Shine Elasto Painters who put on an epic shooting display, pouring in a total of 18 three-pointers to drown the hapless Mahindra Floodbuster, 105-83, in the Oppo PBA Philippine Cup Wednesday at Ynares Center in Antipolo.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 5:23 am 
Heavyweight

Draymond Green kicks opponent in second consecutive game

Draymond Green was whistled for a flagrant foul in double-overtime Thursday against the Rockets when he flailed his leg after attempting a shot from underneath the basket, catching James Harden's face. Green, of course, was suspended during the Finals last season and fined for kicking Steven Adams a few weeks earlier.

http://www.foxsports.com/nba/story/gold ... yer-120416

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 511 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 35  Next