Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 6:14 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1065 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 71  Next
PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 9:05 pm 
Heavyweight

Ginebra downs Rain or Shine with big 11-0 4th quarter run to pick up 1st win

http://www.interaksyon.com/interaktv/gi ... up-1st-win

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 9:44 pm 
Heavyweight

NBA ROUNDUP | Bulls hand Spurs first road loss of season; Sixers, Warriors win.

http://www.interaksyon.com/interaktv/nb ... rriors-win

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 9:03 am 
Heavyweight

PBA STANDINGS

Rain or Shine Elasto Painters 3-1 0.75
Phoenix Petroleum Fuel Masters 2-1 0.67
Meralco Bolts 2-1 0.67
San Miguel Beermen 2-1 0.67
GlobalPort Batang Pier 2-1 0.67
TNT Ka Tropa 2-2 0.50
Blackwater Elite 2-2 0.50
Barangay Ginebra San Miguel 1-1 0.50
Alaska Aces 1-2 0.33
NLEX Road Warriors 1-2 0.33
Star Hotshots 1-2 0.33
Mahindra Enforcers 0-3 0.00

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2016 9:47 pm 
Heavyweight

NBA ROUNDUP | LeBron James scores 44 points, hits 7k assist milestone in Cavs win

LeBron James became the first frontcourt player to reach the 7,000 assist milestone as he scored a season-high 44 points to lead the Cleveland Cavaliers to a 116-105 win over the Charlotte Hornets.

James hit the magic number Saturday in front of a crowd of 20,500 at the Quicken Loans Arena by skipping a nifty pass to teammate Tristan Thompson who was driving to the basket.

“The last couple years this is the best I’ve felt. I’ve put a lot of work into my body, into my craft,” James said.

The 44 points was his best outing since returning to Cleveland and equaled the 44 points he scored in a game one overtime loss against the Golden State Warriors in the 2015 NBA finals.

The Cavaliers delivered two home wins this weekend, and besides eclipsing 7,000 career assists, James also moved into ninth place on the all-time scoring list during the victories over the Miami Heat and the Hornets.

James is not showing any signs of slowing down. He says he is taking better care of his body and the results are evident on the court.

“I’ve re-arranged a little bit with my diet and things of that nature and it’s worked to my benefit,” he said. “And for me to have back-to-back nights like this after coming off a long road trip, just shows that everything is working in the right direction.”

This was James’ first 40-point game during the regular season since February 26, 2015 when he scored 42 in a home win against the Golden State Warriors.

“I didn’t want to play Bron this many minutes,” Cavaliers coach Tyronn Lue said. “But he came to me and said, ‘Man, coach, I’m fine. Kyrie (Irving) doesn’t have it tonight.’ I was like, ‘No.’ He was like, ‘Man, I’m telling you. I’m fine.’

“And then he started raining threes. They made a comeback but he was playing with great pace and we had to ride him tonight.”

Kemba Walker scored 24 points and Cody Zeller had 17 points and nine rebounds for the Hornets, who had their three-game winning streak snapped.

“He was phenomenal,” Hornets coach Steve Clifton said of James. “He made three or four threes that he’s going to make. You can’t block them. You can’t contest them.

“When he’s shooting the ball like that, there’s nothing you can do, other than blitz, and that’s what he wants you to do, and then he really makes you look bad.”

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2016 9:50 pm 
Heavyweight

In Memphis, the host Grizzlies shocked the Golden State Warriors 110-89 for its sixth straight win, holding the Warriors to a season low for points.

It was only the second time this season that the Warriors failed to score 100 points.

Their previous low for points this season was 97 in a 20-point setback to the Los Angeles Lakers on November 4.

Center Marc Gasol finished with 19 points, eight rebounds, six assists, two blocks and a steal for Memphis, who scored 30 points off 23 Warrior turnovers.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2016 9:57 pm 
Heavyweight

June Mar Fajardo drops 28 and 15 as SMB adds to winless Mahindra’s woes

InterAksyon.com · Sunday, December 11, 2016 · 6:52 pm

PBA Media Bureau

San Miguel’s June Mar Fajardo put together another dominating performance but that didn’t mean his Beermen had it easy against a tough Mahindra team, 94-91, in an Oppo PBA Philippine Clash on Sunday at the SMART-Araneta Coliseum.

‘The Kraken’ scored 28 points, making 12 of his 13 of his field goal attempts as well as all four of his free throws. He also threw his weight around on the boards, grabbing 15 rebounds – eight of those on the offensive end.

http://www.interaksyon.com/interaktv/ju ... ndras-woes

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2016 10:01 pm 
Heavyweight

Terrence Romeo erupts for 35 points as GlobalPort downs Barangay Ginebra

Terrence Romeo scored 35 points – 21 of those after halftime – as he led GlobalPort past Barangay Ginebra, 91-84, in the Oppo PBA Philippine Cup on Sunday at the SMART-Araneta Coliseum.

Romeo shot 12-for-24 (50-percent) from the field and 5-for-9 (55-percent) from beyond the arc in a sizzling shooting performance for the Batang Pier, who moved up to 3-1, grabbing a share of the lead in the standings.

http://www.interaksyon.com/interaktv/te ... ay-ginebra

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 9:32 pm 
Heavyweight

SMB’s Arwind Santos hits career milestones but still wants to achieve more: ‘Kailangan hindi mahinto yan’

San Miguel forward Arwind Santos achieved several career milestones in the Beermen’s win over Mahindra on Sunday.

Santos played his 500th career game – a 94-91 victory – and picked up several other honors along the way.

He became the latest player to join the league’s 3,000-defensive rebound club. There are only 14 names on that list, including legends like Ramon Fernandez, Abet Guidaben, Alvin Patrimonio, Jerry Codinera, Benje Paras and Philip Cezar, among others. Santos and Asi Taulava are the only active players on the list.

Santos also registered six blocks in the game, allowing him to overtake old Mariwasa import Billy Robinson for 10th all-time in career blocks. The veteran Santos has 631 blocks in his career.

For the SMB star, his latest accomplishments were a testament to the hard work he has put in on the defensive end.

http://www.interaksyon.com/interaktv/sm ... ahinto-yan

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 9:37 pm 
Heavyweight

NBA ROUNDUP | Russell Westbrook’s triple-double streak ends at 7; Warriors rebound

Russell Westbrook had his streak of triple-double scoring snapped but he still scored a game high 37 points to power the Oklahoma City Thunder to a 99-96 victory over the Boston Celtics on Sunday.

Westbrook saw his streak of consecutive games with triple-doubles end at seven as he shot 14-of-26 and tallied 12 rebounds and six assists in front of a crowd of 18,400 at Chesapeake Energy Arena.

“We have got to be able to close the door,” Westbrook said. “We are not going to be able to blow teams out like we used to. We have got to grind it out.”

Steven Adams added 16 points and eight rebounds for the Thunder who improved to 15-9. Enes Kanter came off the bench to score 14 points.

Al Horford led Boston with 19 points and six rebounds. Jae Crowder and Avery Bradley each finished with 18 points as Boston dropped to 13-11.

Westbrook, who leads the NBA in fourth quarter scoring, had 13 in the quarter.

“I’ll say this about the triple-doubles, because I always find this interesting,” Thunder coach Billy Donovan said.

“On a night like tonight, does it make it any less special if he had a couple of more assists. He did a lot of different things that impacted the game at a high level.”

With 3:20 left in the fourth, Oklahoma City’s Adams completed a three-point play to cut the deficit to 90-89. Bradley responded with a jumper on the other end.

Westbrook then sank a three-pointer to tie the game. But once again Bradley answered with a basket off a missed shot.

Westbrook tied the game with 1:20 remaining in the fourth. Boston gave the ball to Horford, but he had his shot blocked by Adams.

The Thunder got the ball with 39 seconds left and Westbrook carried down the lane to the front of the rim for a layup and Oklahoma City grabbed a 96-94 lead.

Westbrook won a tip ball and tapped it ahead to Anthony Morrow. He pushed it to Jerami Grant for an impressive two-handed dunk with 14 seconds left in the game.

The Celtics were able to cut the lead down to two, but Westbrook nailed one-of-two free throws. Marcus Smart had a chance to tie, but his three-point attempt missed.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 9:40 pm 
Heavyweight

In Minneapolis, the Golden State Warriors rebounded from a road loss to beat the rebuilding Minnesota Timberwolves 116-108 and extend their NBA-record streak of not losing back-to-back games.

The Warriors delivered in the fourth quarter to fend off the Timberwolves and make sure their 111-game streak of not losing consecutive regular season games continued.

“It’s really one of the most impressive streaks that I’ve ever seen,” said Warriors coach Steve Kerr. “That’s a lot of games.”

One night after a road loss to the Memphis Grizzlies, Golden State trailed by 10 after three quarters but outscored Minnesota 38-20 in the fourth to pull away for the win.

Golden State began the fourth quarter with a 25-4 surge. Warriors guard Klay Thompson scored 12 of his 30 points during that fourth-quarter run.

Kevin Durant added 22 points and eight rebounds, Stephen Curry had 22 points and nine assists, and Draymond Green scored 18 for the Warriors, who improved to 21-4.

Minnesota’s Karl-Anthony Towns tallied his 15th double-double of the season with 25 points and 18 rebounds.

In Detroit, TJ McConnell had 12 points and 10 rebounds and finished one assist shy of a triple-double as the Philadelphia 76ers defeated the Detroit Pistons 97-79.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 9:56 pm 
Heavyweight

NBA RESULTS

76ers 97
Pistons 79

Celtics 96
Thunder 99

Warriors 116
Timberwolves 108

Pelicans 120
Suns 119 OT

Knicks 118
Lakers 112

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 5:11 am 
Heavyweight

NBA Standings
Eastern Conference

1. Cavaliers 17-5 .773
2. Raptors 16-7 .696
3. Hornets 14-10 .583
4. Knicks 14-10 .583
5. Bulls 13-10 .565
6. Celtics 13-11 .542
7. Pistons 13-13 .500
8. Hawks 12-12 .500
9. Bucks 11-11 .500
10. Pacers 12-12 .500
11. Wizards 9-13 .409
12. Magic 10-15 .400
13. Heat 7-17 .292
14. Nets 6-16 .273
15. 76ers 6-18 .250

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 5:24 am 
Heavyweight

NBA Standings
Western Conference

1. Warriors 21-4 .840
2. Spurs 19-5 .792
3. Clippers 17-7 .708
4. Rockets 17-7 .708
5. Grizzlies 17-8 .680
6. Thunder 15-9 .625
7. Jazz 15-10 .600
8. Trail Blazers 12-13 .480
9. Lakers 10-16 .385
10. Nuggets 9-15 .375
11. Kings 8-15 .348
12. Pelicans 8-17 .320
13. Suns 7-17 .292
14. Timberwolves 6-18 .250
15. Mavericks 5-18 .217

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 5:30 am 
Heavyweight

NBA Development League to tinker with 4- and 5-person crews
AP
Dec 12, 2016 at 3:59p ET

MIAMI (AP) The NBA is going to take a look at having more officials on the court.

The league said Monday that nine upcoming NBA Development League games will feature four- and five-person crews instead of the customary three, in an effort to collect data and see if having additional officials involved affects the game.

All nine games will be hosted by the Long Island Nets at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn, home of the NBA's Nets.

The first of the trial games is Dec. 26.

''We are confident in how our three-person system works and are constantly thinking of ways to improve our game,'' said Bob Delaney, the NBA's Vice President for Referee Operations and Director of Officials. ''The four- and five-referee initiative is a prime example of that focus and will help the NBA with research and development.''

It's not the first time the D-League has been a laboratory of sorts for the NBA. The D-League has been a testing ground in the past for possible rules changes, along with changes in technology and equipment. This season, some of the innovations being brought to the D-League include a coach's challenge, a reset timeout and a 3-minute overtime period.

The experimental crews will have three different configurations.

There's a four-person crew with two officials in lead spots, and two others split between slot and trail positions. Another four-person test will have two officials in the slot, with the others in the trail and lead. And the five-person crew will feature the existing three-person system, but with two other officials in stationary lead positions on opposite ends of the court.

The NBA said five games will be devoted to the four-person tests, with the five-person tests being phased in starting Jan. 12. In all, 10 of the D-League's teams will be exposed to the larger crews.

The NBA went from two-person crews to three-person crews for the 1988-89 season. There's been talk of larger crews for years, and a four-person crew was studied during summer league play at Salt Lake City back in July.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 6:30 pm 
Heavyweight

‘A DIFFERENT BREED’ | GlobalPort’s Terrence Romeo ‘evolving’ into all-around player

PBA Media Bureau

For the first few games of the Oppo PBA Philippine Cup, GlobalPort guard Terrence Romeo has made an effort to get his teammates involved in the offense.

Prior to the Batang Pier’s game against Barangay Ginebra on Sunday, the explosive scoring guard had been averaging over 24 points per game but also six assists per game.

But against the league’s most popular team, Romeo flaunted his scoring ability, finishing with a season-best 35 points while leading GlobalPort to a 91-84 triumph and a share of the lead in the standings alongside Rain or Shine and San Miguel.

GlobalPort coach Franz Pumaren raved about Romeo’s performance during the post-game press conference.

“Terrence is a different breed. He’s really talented. But if you look at the way he plays, he’s really playing aggressive defense. He’s moving the ball around,” Pumaren told sportswriters.

According to the coach, he and Romeo had a talk prior to the start of the season, regarding the team’s direction.

“I sat down with him. He’s slowly evolving to an all-around player, which will benefit him down the road. He’s no longer the Terrence Romeo that lives to entertain the crowd. It’s a new Terrence Romeo who can change the game. He’s making his teammates look good and playing good defense,” said Pumaren.

Romeo said that the players’ acceptance to their roles under Pumaren plays a big factor in the team’s early success.

“Ang masasabi kong maganda sa team ngayon. Unti-unti nalalaman na yung role nila,” Romeo said.

“Bawat isa after nung game namin sa Alaska, alam namin yung mga mistakes namin and nag-adjust kami going to this game.”

http://www.interaksyon.com/interaktv/a- ... und-player

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1065 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 71  Next