Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:43 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1153 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 77  Next
PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 3:31 pm 
Heavyweight

Kevin Durant's favorite NBA player is not on the Warriors

Kevin Durant made a huge decision to sign with the Golden State Warriors this offseason, but the apple of his eye plays for another team.

During Monday's shoot around, Durant admitted his favorite player in the NBA is not on the Warriors' roster. And no, it isn't Russell Westbrook.

“He’s my favorite player in the league,” Durant said of Pacers small forward Paul George, via the Mercury News. “I’ve been saying that for a while. Just so smooth, man. He can do it all: pass, rebound, defend, post up, shoot the ball. He’s my favorite player.” 

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 3:35 pm 
Heavyweight

The two obviously have never played alongside one another in the NBA, but they have been Team USA teammates. George has put up some big numbers against Durant during his career, including a 45-point outburst last season.

Durant holds a 5-3 career edge on George, which doesn't tell the whole story. Durant was an NBA superstar by the time George entered the league in 2010, and his teams have been better for most of their careers.

“It makes the competition even better,” Durant said. “I got nothing but respect for Paul. It’s a mutual respect.”

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 5:18 pm 
Heavyweight

NBA
Scores & Schedule
Today

Heat 82
Hornets 91

Celtics 118
Cavaliers 124

Thunder 80
Grizzlies 114

Raptors 91
Suns 99

76ers 83
Jazz 100

Mavericks 101
Lakers 89

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 5:23 pm 
Heavyweight

LeBron James on Michael Jordan: “Our games are completely different”

By Kurt Helin
Dec 29, 2016

LeBron James is compared to Michael Jordan not because they have similar styles, but because at a certain point the games great players can only be measured against one another — and Michael Jordan is the ultimate bar. He is the GOAT (at least for most people, you can argue it if you want). LeBron wants to be on that tier.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 5:25 pm 
Heavyweight

But LeBron’s and MJ’s games are not the same. LeBron was asked about similarities in their styles at age 32, via Cavs.com:

“No. He was much more of a scorer, at that point did a lot of post work, but our games are just different. His body is different, my body is different than his. You recognize the dominance in someone at that age, but there’s no similarities in our game at all.”

What about the fadeaways?

“Our shots are different. He had much more lift in his fadeaway than mine. That was definitely a go-to move of his, but our games are completely different.”

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 5:25 pm 
Heavyweight

LeBron is correct. Jordan had a more consistent jump shot from an early age and used that as a weapon, plus his footwork made him dangerous in the post much earlier. LeBron is more athletic and can bully his way to the rim against anyone, then uses that insane first step and strength to open up the other areas of his game (like his jumper). MJ was the better scorer, LeBron the more gifted and natural passer.

But game recognize game. These are two of the best the NBA has ever seen.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2016 8:59 am 
Heavyweight

LeBron turns 32 with NBA Cavaliers looking for title repeat

AFP December 30, 2016

Chicago (AFP) - LeBron James celebrated his 32nd birthday Friday with his defending champion Cleveland Cavaliers looking like a strong bet to deliver him a seventh consecutive trip to the NBA Finals.

After a 124-118 home victory Thursday over Boston, the Cavaliers stood 24-7 with the best record in the Eastern Conference and third-best overall behind Golden State (28-5) and San Antonio (26-6).

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2016 9:01 am 
Heavyweight

"Happy Birthday brother @kingjames What a year, what a year. Keep inspiring and being YOU. Enjoy it brother!" Cavaliers guard Kyrie Irving posted on Instagram.

With 27,544 points, "King" James has scored the most of any NBA player before turning 32. And six consecutive NBA Finals appearances, seven overall, are also milestones that eluded retired legend Michael Jordan, the icon whose feats are most closely compared to those of James.

"I haven't (compared myself to Jordan) because our games are so different," James said Thursday. "He was much more of a scorer and did a lot of post work at that time. But our games are just different. My body is different.

"You recognize the dominance that someone had at that age, but there are no similarities in our game at all."

The Cavaliers posted birthday well wishes on Twitter as did English Premier League side Liverpool, of which James is a part owner, and several teammates.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2016 2:04 pm 
Heavyweight

Cavaliers forward Richard Jefferson poked some fun, posting a photo of a cryogenics chamber on Snapchat with the phrase "How the King spends his birthday".

James led the Cavaliers to the 2007 NBA Finals, departed Cleveland for Miami in 2010 and led the Heat to NBA titles in 2012 and 2013 and runner-up showings in 2011 and 2014, opting out of his contract in 2014 to return to the Cavs and lead them to the 2015 finals, which they lost to Golden State.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 8:47 am 
Heavyweight

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 8:50 am 
Heavyweight

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 8:57 am 
Heavyweight

DeMarcus Cousins is about as unstoppable as it gets. Can his Kings stop getting in their own way long enough to get into the postseason? 

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 8:59 am 
Heavyweight

Hey, Kings: give us a reason to watch the throne

Incredibly, if the regular season ended today, Sacramento would be in the playoffs for the first time since Peja Stojakovic was wearing a Kings uniform instead of a suit. Of course, they’re still a sub-.500 team, as has always been the case in the DeMarcus Cousins era, but the top-heavy Western Conference has created what’s developing into an intriguing race for the eighth seed between a Trail Blazers team that’sfallen from grace, a suddenly frisky Nuggets squad seemingly always in this race, and a Kings franchise accustomed to falling on its face.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 9:23 am 
Heavyweight

With another calendar year in the books and the NBA's landscape significantly altered, we take a look at some of the most memorable moments that took place throughout the Association over the past 365 days.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 9:24 am 
Heavyweight

After being dubbed the "greatest to wear the Purple and Gold" by fellow Los Angeles Laker legend Magic Johnson during the emotional pregame ceremony, Kobe Bryant capped off his illustrious career with a performance for the ages. He willed the Lakers to victory one last time, finishing with 60 points — on a career-high 50 shots — in what was the greatest final game of any player in NBA history. By far.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1153 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 77  Next