Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:28 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1137 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76  Next
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 8:13 am 
Heavyweight

The All-Star forward signed a new four-year, $120 million contract with the Cavaliers, who are beginning anew following LeBron James’ departure.

Love signed the extension Tuesday and immediately posted a photo on Instagram showing himself surrounded by construction workers inside Quicken Loans Arena, the Cavaliers’ downtown home, which is undergoing a renovation similar to the one taking place with the four-time defending Eastern Conference champions.

“When I first came to Cleveland, I came with a long-term mindset,” said Love, who joined the team in 2014 after six seasons in Minnesota.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 10:38 am 
Heavyweight

“I came here to win. We developed a culture here that reflects that. I’m super excited and I couldn’t be happier. It’s a big commitment for me and it’s a big commitment from the Cavaliers, so I want to thank (owner) Dan Gilbert, (general manager) Koby Altman and the entire organisation.

“I enjoy playing here, I’m excited about the team that we have and look forward to our future together. Cleveland fans have been special from day one and I’m also looking forward to continuing to be a part of this great community.”

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 10:39 am 
Heavyweight

Love will make $24.1 million next season before the extension begins, making the whole package worth $145 million over five years. Love waived his option for 2019-20 and there are no other options or trade clauses within the new deal.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 10:40 am 
Heavyweight

He will be paid $28.9 million in 2019-20, $31.3 million in 2020-21 and 2021-22, and $28.8 million in 2022-23.

Love, who will turn 30 in September, just completed his fourth season with Cleveland, which was swept by Golden State in the NBA Finals. That loss was followed by James leaving in free agency — for the second time in his career — to sign with the Los Angeles Lakers.

Heavyweight

Love has been mentioned in trade speculation since arriving in Cleveland, but the 6-foot-10 big man with a guard’s shooting range now becomes the centrepiece of the franchise. Love averaged 17.6 points and 9.3 rebounds last season when he made his fifth All-Star team.

Heavyweight

Last season, Love revealed he has battled anxiety throughout his life. Altman is charged with trying to keep the Cavaliers competitive without James, and hopes signing Love is a step toward that goal.

“This quickly became a partnership the second we began these discussions,” Altman said.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 10:41 am 
Heavyweight

“Collaboration and winning matter greatly to Kevin and that was reflected in this extension. Kevin’s talent and character are both at a very high level and he has earned his role at the centre of what we want to do moving forward. As a five-time All-Star and NBA champion, Kevin has a special understanding of exactly what success and winning require.”

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 7:23 am 
Heavyweight

Lakers News: LeBron James listed as favorite to win MVP next season

The Lakers are going to be relying on LeBron James quite a bit. Are oddsmakers taking this into account when they say he’s the favorite to win NBA MVP?

By AnthonyIrwinLA@AnthonyIrwinLA

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 7:24 am 
Heavyweight

In just about any season, LeBron Jamesshould probably be seen as one of the favorites to win the NBA’s Most Valuable Player award. He’s won MVP four times thus far in his illustrious career (and, frankly, should probably have won it a couple other times) and, according to MyBookie, is listed as the odds-on favorite to come away with the award in his first season with the Los Angeles Lakers.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 7:24 am 
Heavyweight

Here’s how the list of favorites goes as of late Tuesday night, according tooddshark.com.

King James (+250) leads the pack atMyBookie followed by Anthony Davis(+330), reigning MVP James Harden(+400), Giannis “Greek Freek” Antentokounmpo (+400), Kevin Durant(+650), Kawhi Leonard (+800), Stephen Curry (+1200), Kyrie Irving (+1600), Joel Embiid (+1600), and Russell Westbrook(+1600) to round out the top 10 on the oddsboard.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 7:25 am 
Heavyweight

As with all odds having to do with the Lakers, you have to take into account how public a team they are. All Lakers fans and their siblings are going to rush to anyone willing to take a bet (legally, of course ) to put money down on the biggest free agent signing their favorite team has made since Shaquille O’Neal.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 7:25 am 
Heavyweight

Still, it’s worth wondering if there’s value to be had here.

James is going to be the driving force of a team that should increase its win total by double-digits fairly easily. If he gets them there, the Lakers will be a playoff team for the first time in half a decade. James isn’t surrounded by stars to take credit away from him in discussions of value to the team.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 7:26 am 
Heavyweight

If he plays to expectations and the Lakers make the playoffs, it’s altogether possible that James could take home the award. Voters are also far enough removed from the last time James won the award that they might’ve moved off of any potential fatigue, and they usally love a good narrative about a player putting an illustrious franchise back on time.

Now, it’s also worth considering the other guys listed. Davis is extraordinarily talented and should garner plenty of attention on a team missing another superstar. Hardencould replicate last season’s success. Giannis and his endless limbs could take another quantum leap forward. All kinds of things are possible given how talented the league currently is.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 7:26 am 
Heavyweight

Still, I can’t help but agree with the oddsmakers here. If James lifts the Lakers back to the heights their fans expect, he’ll drive much of the conversation across the NBA next season, which is a good chunk of the battle. Here’s hoping the oddsmakers have this right.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 1:40 pm 
Heavyweight

Philippines coach had hoped Clarkson could join team Sunday

Philippines national coach Yeng Guiao and the Samahang Basketbol ng Pilipinas (SBP) took a risk by including Cleveland Cavaliers guard Jordan Clarkson on the team's 12-man Asian Games roster, but it appears that risk did not pay off as an NBA source tells ESPN that Clarkson will not play in the upcoming tournament.

http://tv5.espn.com/basketball/story/_/ ... sian-games

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1137 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76  Next