Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Wed Nov 14, 2018 7:05 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1137 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 72, 73, 74, 75, 76
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 7:53 am 
Heavyweight

Some executives and coaches around the league have wondered how the Lakers and Walton, who is entering his third season as a head coach, will make all the pieces fit.

Pelinka said Walton will be helped by his championship pedigree, which he developed while playing under Phil Jackson in Los Angeles and serving as an assistant under Steve Kerr with theGolden State Warriors.

"I think Luke is perfectly positioned because he understands the modern player," said Pelinka, who said he also is excited about the depth the Lakers have amassed this offseason. "He's young, he's played at a high level, won championships, has a great way of communicating with people, has a genuine air and keeping guys engaged. We think our roster and its strengths actually lines up perfectly with our coach and his strengths."

After helping lead the Warriors to a 39-4 start as interim coach while he was an assistant under Kerr during the 2015-16 season, Walton was hired as Lakers coach before the 2016-17 season and before Johnson and Pelinka were hired in February 2017 to replace the previous regime of Jim Buss and Mitch Kupchak.

Walton won 26 games his first season before improving the Lakers to 35-47 last season. Now he has veterans in James and Rondo to help lead the team while trying to figure out the best ways to make all the new pieces fit.

Johnson said Walton will figure out the best way to utilize the roster, but emphasized that the Lakers will look to run often.

"We're excited for Luke and his coaching staff. I think that Luke has been working very hard to figure out how to utilize all the pieces," Johnson added. "Luke's a winner. He's been a winner as a player, he's a winner up at Golden State. He'll be a winner here too. People think it's a problem when you have a lot of talent. No, we want a lot of talent. I think a coach wants a lot of talent. He'll know how to put them in a winning position."

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 5:00 pm 
Heavyweight

Location: Bacoor, Cavite or M.M. PACMAN Believer #160 (PB-0160)
Bro Box pag isang news lang & same topic huwag mo na paghimay-himayin ... post mo lang as one post. :)

The Lord has shown you what is good.
He has told you what he requires of you.
You must act with justice.
You must love to show mercy.
And you must be humble as you live in the sight of your God.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 2:33 pm 
Heavyweight

or better bigay na lang ng link :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 4:33 pm 
Heavyweight

NBA GM Survey shows a league expecting more of the same, LeBron James to dominate, and Ben Simmons with a ways to go

LeBron James is the favourite to win the league’s MVP award, according to the NBA’s general managers.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/basketball ... 23dc558b61

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 5:01 pm 
Heavyweight

5 bold predictions for the 2018-19 NBA season

As has become the norm in recent years, the 2018 NBA off-season was pure madness.

MVP candidates switched teams, superstars demanded trades and the Golden State Warriors somehow became even scarier.

https://www.sportsnet.ca/basketball/nba ... akers-mvp/

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 6:26 pm 
Heavyweight

If the Philippines qualifies for the FIBA World Cup next year, then national head coach Yeng Guiao can see Jordan Clarkson playing for the team again.

"There's a really good chance that he can play," said Guiao in an interview on "Game Time" on Wednesday.

https://news.abs-cbn.com/sports/10/04/1 ... ines-again

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2018 7:05 am 
Heavyweight

Ranking the 8 best cities for NBA expansion

The topic of NBA expansion as been floated around the past couple years to the point that it seems likely to happen under commissioner Adam Silver — even if the league sends mixed signals about the matter.

On Friday, the NBA will be back in Seattle for the Golden State Warriors’ preseason game against the Sacramento Kings. For Kevin Durant, it will be an opportunity to return to the city where he started his NBA career. For Seattle, it will be an opportunity to revisit the nostalgia of its NBA days and strengthen the call for the league’s permanent return to the Emerald City.

But why should the league stop there? There are plenty of cities that deserve NBA teams. If the NBA is ever serious about expansion, these eight cities should be at the top of the list.

https://ftw.usatoday.com/2018/10/nba-ex ... ant-sonics

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:49 pm 
Heavyweight

NBA preseason: Kevin Durant returns to Seattle; Trae Young nutmegs defender; Paul George goes off in first gameBy Colin Ward-Henninger
KD puts on a show in Seattle

Kevin Durant is one of two remaining NBA players who once suited up for the Seattle SuperSonics (Jeff Green is the other), so he received more than a warm welcome when he took the court to play in the Warriors' game against the Kings on Friday night. Durant played up to the crowd as well, rocking a vintage Shawn Kemp jersey during pregame introductions and while he addressed the fans from center court.

"NBA is back in Seattle for tonight, but hopefully it's back forever soon."
—@KDTrey5pic.twitter.com/0GegToEeUG

— ESPN (@espn) October 6, 2018

Durant clearly wanted to put on a show, and succeeded, putting up 26 points, seven assists and six rebounds in 25 minutes.

Kevin Durant tallies 26 PTS, 7 ASTS, & 6 REBS in his #NBAPreseason game in Seattle. pic.twitter.com/p6DAIcbgFY

— NBA (@NBA) October 6, 2018

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 10:00 pm 
Heavyweight

Welcome back, Paul George

Paul George made his preseason debut for the Thunder on Friday, and he didn't miss a beat. He scored 23 points in 26 minutes as the focal point of the offense with Russell Westbrook still recovering from knee surgery.

In his #NBAPreseason debut, Paul George tallies 23 PTS, 5 REBS, & 4 ASTS.@okcthunder tops@Timberwolves, 113-101.pic.twitter.com/6GcUgR5mhE

— NBA (@NBA) October 6, 2018

With defensive stopper Andre Robersonsuffering a setback and being ruled out for at least two months, George will be tasked with guarding some of the league's best perimeter players. He'll also have to maintain his usual high level of scoring, which is going to put quite a strain on the All-Star forward.

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/nba- ... irst-game/

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 11:38 pm 
Heavyweight

Lakers Finish Preseason With W over Warriors

Mike Trudell
Oct 13, 2018 3:37 AM ET
After opening the preseason 1-3 using various new line ups with the starters playing limited minutes, the Lakers beat the Warriors on Wednesday in Vegas, and again on Friday in San Jose, to wrap things up at 3-3 in advance of the regular season opener at Portland on Thursday, Oct. 18.

In the 119-105 finale, L.A. outscored Golden State 65-38 in the second half, riding much of their second and third stringers down the stretch as Svi Mykhailuk, Issac Bonga, Johnathan Williams, Travis Wear and Ivica Zubac entertained the Lakers regulars that enjoyed the show from the bench.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nba.co ... r-warriors

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 12:15 am 
Heavyweight

Takeaways from Warriors’ loss to Lakers in pre-season finale

SAN JOSE – For two teams that have overwhelming star power, the Warriors and Lakers suddenly had fewer.

In the Warriors’ 119-105 loss against the Los Angeles Lakers in their pre-season finale on Friday, both teams used the game more to rest their star players.

The Lakers sat LeBron James and Rajon Rondo for rest purposes. They also sat some young players that had minor ailments, including third-year forward Brandon Ingram (quad), second-year guard Josh Hart (left hamstring tightness) and second-year guard Alex Caruso (right hip strain).

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.mercur ... inale/amp/

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 12:18 am 
Heavyweight

Warriors collapse amid a third quarter meltdown

Throw the whole bench away

By Jannelle Moore on October 13, 2018 2:52 am

Stephen Curry’s spectacular hot shooting first half was ruined by his own sickness and the sickness of an anemic bench as the Los Angeles Lakers erased a 13 point deficit at the half to roll on to a 119-105 victory over the Golden State Warriors in Friday night’s preseason finale.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.golden ... r-meltdown

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1137 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 72, 73, 74, 75, 76