Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Wed Sep 18, 2019 8:05 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1153 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 73, 74, 75, 76, 77
PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2018 10:45 pm 
Heavyweight

The Golden State Warriors said star Stephen Curry wasn't injured after two drivers hit his car on a rain-slicked freeway on Friday. Curry was driving a black Porsche on State Route 24 in Oakland when the driver of a Lexus lost control and struck his car, the California Highway Patrol said. Curry stopped in the center median, and as he waited for officers to arrive, another sedan lost control and rear-ended his Porsche, CHP Officer Herman Baza said. Baza said no one was injured or arrested and that rain was a factor in the crash.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2018 10:48 pm 
Heavyweight

The Warriors are currently without superstar Stephen Curry as he continues to work his way back from a groin injury. In addition, Draymond Green has also been dealing with a toe injury that kept him out on Friday as well, but Klay Thompson and Kevin Durant led the way as the Warriors put an end to their four-game losing streak.

Golden State Warriors 125 Portland Trail Blazers 97

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2018 10:51 pm 
Heavyweight

NBA scores for Friday, Nov. 23

Minnesota Timberwolves 112, Brooklyn Nets 102
Los Angeles Clippers 112, Grizzlies 107 -- OT
Detroit Pistons 116, Houston Rockets 111 -- OT
Cleveland Cavaliers 121, Philadelphia 76ers 112
Boston Celtics 114, Atlanta Hawks 96
New York Knicks 114, New Orleans Pelicans 109
Toronto Raptors 125, Washington Wizards 107
Miami Heat 103, Chicago Bulls 96
Oklahoma City Thunder 109, Charlotte Hornets 104
Phoenix Suns 116, Milwaukee Bucks 114
Los Angeles Lakers 90, Utah Jazz 83
Golden State Warriors 125 Portland Trail Blazers 97

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2018 11:01 pm 
Heavyweight

The Suns have been one of the worst teams in the NBA, and the Bucks have been one of the best -- guess this is why they play the games. Jamal Crawford sealed the Phoenix upset with a game-winning jumper with less than a second remaining in the fourth quarter.

Phoenix Suns 116, Milwaukee Bucks 114 

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2018 7:15 pm 
Heavyweight

The Philadelphia 76ers may have won six of their last seven games, but Ben Simmons has warned the rest of the NBA: "We're just getting better!"

The Sixers are up to third in the East, although still three games back from the rampant Toronto Raptors, having enjoyed an extended run of form since the arrival of Jimmy Butler from the Minnesota Timberwolves.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2018 7:20 pm 
Heavyweight

Now, six weeks into his debut season with the Lakers, not only is LeBron James serving as the team’s lead facilitator, he is ignoring coach Luke Walton’s offensive direction, according to ESPN’s Brian Windhorst:

The scouts also have noticed that when James is running the point, he rarely looks toward the bench to receive play calls from coach Luke Walton. Even when he has seen them, the scouts say, he ignores them and runs the play he prefers. Walton has adjusted, and now when James is running the show, Walton will typically just let him call the game. This probably shouldn’t be considered a slight — it’s just James being James.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2018 7:26 pm 
Heavyweight

NBA news: Klay Thompson trade warning fired to Lakers with Kawhi Leonard blow

LOS ANGELES LAKERS have no chance of signing Klay Thompson, according to NBA expert Colin Cowherd.

By MIKAEL MCKENZIE

Cowherd also claims Kawhi Leonard will snub the Lakers at the end of a season for cross-city rivals LA Clippers.

The Lakers will have enough manoeuvre in their budget next year to bring in at least one blockbuster signing.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.expres ... umours/amp

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 6:49 am 
Heavyweight

Dwyane Wade never thought he would play 1,000 games. And he's unsure what the milestone will mean. Wade is in line to become the 15th active player to appear in 1,000 regular-season games, the milestone he'll hit assuming he plays Saturday night when the Miami Heat visit the Los Angeles Clippers (10:30 ET, NBA League Pass). "I don't even know the significance of 1,000 games," Wade said. "I don't know if it's a big deal. I think it's just another number."

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 6:50 am 
Heavyweight

Toronto Raptors guard Fred VanVleet expects to be an NBA starter ‘very, very’ soon

“I’m embracing my role and trying to be the best I can be in that,” VanVleet told NBA.com. “But I’m going to be a starter in this league very, very soon."

“Right now, my role is to come off the bench, be a backup point guard and lead the team and try to be a spark and make big plays.”

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 6:57 am 
Heavyweight

"My No. 1 priority is always an open shot rather than a particular type of shot," Steve Kerr said. "I don't care (about how many 3s we take). What I care about is great shots. I want to get really good, open shots. It doesn't matter if they're from 3 or they're from 2. I want them to be good ones and in rhythm. I'm not convinced math is everything. I'd rather go 6-for-12 from 2 and have the other team take the ball out of the net six times than 4-for-12 from 3 and have to deal with eight fast breaks."

So perhaps it would be fair to expect that the team with the two greatest 3-point shooters of all time -- the team that has shaped today's NBA more than any other -- was about to get a lesson in what the future of the NBA would look like with the league's newest innovative team.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 6:59 am 
Heavyweight

The Milwaukee Bucks have completely reinvented themselves this season under new head coach Mike Budenholzer; where last season the Bucks ranked 25th in the NBA in 3-point attempts, taking only 24.7 per game, this year they are putting up more than 40 per game, second only to the Rockets. The Bucks surrounded their transcendent and impossible-to-guard talent, Giannis Antetokounmpo, with shooters, and told them to let it fly. It's resulted in one of the biggest surprises of the NBA season, with the Bucks leading the NBA in net rating and battling the Toronto Raptorsand Philadelphia 76ers for supremacy at the top of the Eastern Conference.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2018 8:08 am 
Heavyweight

The Golden State Warriors continued their slide on Thursday as the Portland Trail Blazers outlasted them in overtime. Damian Lillard knocked down the game-winning 3-pointer with 6.3 seconds remaining in overtime to give the Trail Blazers the victory. Portland outscored Golden State 8-7 in the extra period.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2018 8:08 am 
Heavyweight

Meanwhile, the Los Angeles Lakers were without LeBron James for the first time this season as they took on the Kings. James, who suffered a left groin strain on Christmas Day against Golden State and expected to miss several games, could only watch as his team drop a tough one to Sacramento, 117-116.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1153 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 73, 74, 75, 76, 77