Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2019 10:32 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1153 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 77  Next
PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 8:25 am 
Heavyweight

NBA ROUNDUP | Spurs fete Tim Duncan in emotional retirement ceremony; Wizards top Clippers

http://www.interaksyon.com/interaktv/nb ... p-clippers

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 8:36 am 
Heavyweight

Report: New NBA CBA Bans Players From Using Hoverboards, Trampolines, Guns

http://deadspin.com/report-new-nba-cba- ... 1790296020

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 8:37 am 
Heavyweight

Other areas in the deal include health insurance and an increased pension for retired players, prohibited activities (now including fireworks, firearms, jet skiing, hoverboards, trampoline jumping, etc.) and a comprehensive policy for domestic violence incidents.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 8:38 am 
Heavyweight

Accordingly, the Player agrees that he will not, without the written consent of the Team, engage in any activity that a reasonable person would recognize as involving or exposing the participant to a substantial risk of bodily injury including, but not limited to: (i) sky-diving, hang gliding, snow skiing, rock or mountain climbing (as distinguished from hiking), rappelling, and bungee jumping; (ii) any fighting, boxing, or wrestling; (iii) driving or riding on a motorcycle or moped; (iv) riding in or on any motorized vehicle in any kind of race or racing contest; (v) operating an aircraft of any kind ... (vii) participating in any game or exhibition of basketball, football, baseball, hockey, lacrosse, or other team sport or competition.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 9:02 am 
Heavyweight

PBA STANDINGS

San Miguel Beermen 4- 1
GlobalPort Batang Pier 3-1
Alaska Aces 3-2
Blackwater Elite 3-2
TNT Ka Tropa 3-2
Rain or Shine Elasto Painters 3-2
Star Hotshots 3-2
Meralco Bolts 2-2
Barangay Ginebra San Miguel 2-3
Phoenix Petroleum Fuel Masters 2-3
NLEX Road Warriors1-4
Mahindra Enforcers 0-5

Read more: http://pba.inquirer.net/standings#ixzz4TKrrmldv 
Follow us: @inquirerdotnet on Twitter | inquirerdotnet on Facebook

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 9:34 pm 
Heavyweight

Clippers’ Blake Griffin to have knee surgery

http://www.interaksyon.com/interaktv/cl ... ee-surgery

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 9:39 pm 
Heavyweight

NBA ROUNDUP | LeBron, Cavs humble Knicks; Warriors dominant vs Clippers

http://www.interaksyon.com/interaktv/nb ... s-clippers

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 7:06 am 
Heavyweight

From humble beginnings, basketball celebrates 125th birthday

A game drawn up to occupy some bored boys as winter approached at a Massachusetts gymnasium celebrates its 125th anniversary on Wednesday and basketball’s status as the world’s second most popular sport.

Basketball began on Dec 21, 1891 at the Young Men’s Christian Association (YMCA) gym in Springfield with rules made up by Canadian physical education instructor James Naismith.

Last year more than one billion people watched National Basketball Association programming, said NBA Deputy Commissioner Mark Tatum, who helps preside over the world’s preeminent ‘hoops’ league.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 7:07 am 
Heavyweight

On Wednesday, Springfield’s Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame marks the anniversary with celebrations including a Birthday of Basketball college doubleheader featuring Auburn, Boston College, Fairfield and Oklahoma at Mohegan Sun Arena in Connecticut.

Naismith recalled the sport’s primitive beginnings in a New York radio interview in 1939.

“I called the boys to the gym, divided them up into teams of nine and gave them a little soccer ball,” he said.

“I showed them two peach baskets I’d nailed up at each end of the gym (about 10 feet above the floor), and I told them the idea was to throw the ball into the opposing team’s peach basket.

“I blew the whistle, and the first game of basketball began.”

Running with the ball was not allowed, only passing or directing it with the hand toward a team mate or the basket. Dribbling and other developments came over time.

The new game quickly caught on after Naismith’s 13 initial rules were spread by the YMCA’s newsletter. By 1894 basketball was being played in France, China, India and more than a dozen other countries.

It became a favorite in schools, college campuses and playgrounds, and at the Olympics and in professional leagues across the globe.

The NBA includes international players from 41 countries and territories – a contingent making up more than 25 percent of the league.

“Basketball is appealing because it can be played by both boys and girls, indoors and outdoors, in rural communities and cities, and without a lot of built-in infrastructure,” said NBA Deputy Commissioner Mark Tatum.

Tatum said technology and social media had helped boost the massive growth of the sport.

“NBA games and programming can be seen in 215 countries and territories in 49 languages, and last year more than 1 billion people watched NBA programming,” he said.

Old fashioned technology showed its value when an alumnus of the University of Kansas, where Naismith in 1898 became its first basketball coach, paid $4.3 million at auction for the two pages of typewritten rules that launched the sport.

Kansas built a $21.7 million facility that connects to the Allen Fieldhouse to house the original two-page document and a student center.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2016 6:53 am 
Heavyweight

Rain or Shine stumps former coach Yeng Guiao’s NLEX in big comeback win

The Rain or Shine Elasto Painters showed up their former coach, Yeng Guiao, as they came back from a 12-point deficit to defeat the NLEX Road Warriors, 107-97, in a big Oppo PBA Philippine Cup win on Friday at the Philsports Arena.

http://www.interaksyon.com/interaktv/ra ... meback-win

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2016 11:49 pm 
Heavyweight

Kyrie Irving again delivers dagger as Cavs top Warriors on Christmas Day

Kyrie Irving’s turnaround jump shot over Klay Thompson with 3.4 seconds left lifted the NBA champion Cleveland Cavaliers to a 109-108 Christmas Day triumph over the Golden State Warriors on Sunday.

The rematch of last June’s NBA Finals highlighted the league’s holiday slate, and didn’t disappoint.

The Cavaliers — who rallied from 3-1 down in the championship series last season to deny the Warriors a second straight title — trailed most of the game and were down by as many as 14 earlier in the fourth quarter.

LeBron James’s rim-rattling dunk with 1:43 to play put Cleveland up 105-103 — their first lead since early in the first quarter — and Irving capped the comeback with a clutch shot that recalled his championship-winning three-pointer in the final minute of game seven last June.

“He’s just a killer on the court,” Cleveland coach Tyronn Lue said.

A beaming Irving said it was the perfect holiday treat.

“A lot of great players on the floor at once, it’s just great competition, great basketball,” he said.

“It’s nothing like the playoffs,” Irving added, “but the intensity was up there. This is what you want to be a part of as a professional.”

Irving finished with 25 points, while James had 31 points and 13 rebounds. Kevin Love had 20 points and six rebounds for the Cavs.

Kevin Durant, who arrived at Golden State as a free agent in the off-season, was superb in his first appearance in the Warriors-Cavs rivalry.

Durant scored 36 points and pulled down 15 rebounds. But after Irving’s key basket he was unable to get off a potentially game-winning shot, getting tangled with Richard Jefferson and hitting the floor. No foul was called and time ran out.

“I was trying to make a move. I didn’t fall on my own,” Durant said.

But Jefferson didn’t think he fouled Durant.

“He was trying to regain his balance and as soon as I saw him start to stumble, I ran off so it wasn’t like I was trying to pressure him more.”

Thompson scored 24 points and Draymond Green added 16 despite foul trouble.

NBA Most Valuable Player Stephen Curry scored 15 points but connected on just four of 11 from the floor. It was a modest showing for the prolific Curry, but his three-pointer with 1:14 to play put Golden State up 108-105.

Curry gestured to the Cleveland crowd in celebration, but it proved to be too soon.

“We had a chance to put them away,” Golden State coach Steve Kerr said. “We had several bad possessions in a row. We had too many turnovers. We had control of the game and we did not execute at all in the fourth quarter.”

James had scored 15 points in the third quarter to keep the Cavaliers in touch and Irving added 14 in the fourth.

It was the 18th meeting in the last 24 months between these two heavyweights, who have battled in the past to championship series.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2016 11:52 pm 
Heavyweight

Aldridge leads Spurs

The contest headlined the NBA’s five-game Christmas Day slate.

The Boston Celtics opened the action with a 119-114 victory over the New York Knicks at Madison Square Garden, where Marcus Smart’s tie-breaking three-pointer with 47.8 seconds to play helped the visitors thwart the Knicks’ comeback bid.

In San Antonio, LaMarcus Aldridge hit his first 11 shots from the floor en route to a season-high 33 points in the Spurs’ 119-100 victory over the Chicago Bulls.

Kawhi Leonard added 25 points and a game-high 10 rebounds for the Spurs, who won for the first time on Christmas since 2008.

The Spurs built a 20-point first-quarter lead but had slipped behind midway through the third quarter before again roaring past the Bulls in the final 16 minutes.

Tony Parker contributed 13 points for the Spurs and Pau Gasol chipped in 12.

The Bulls were led by Dwayne Wade’s 24 points but dropped their third straight decision.

Russell Westbrook scored 31 points and handed out 15 assists to lead the Thunder to a 112-100 victory over the Minnesota Timberwolves in Oklahoma City.

Westbrook also pulled down seven rebounds for the Thunder, who had 22 points from center Steven Adams of New Zealand and 20 from Turkey’s Enes Kanter.

In the Timberwolves’ first appearance in a Christmas Day game, the young Minnesota team shot 55 percent in taking a 27-23 first-quarter lead.

But they couldn’t keep up the pace and the Thunder, led by the relentless Westbrook, pulled away for a third straight victory.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2016 11:05 pm 
Heavyweight

Phoenix completes miracle 4Q comeback from 26 down to stun GlobalPort

The Phoenix Fuel Masters fell into a huge hole but dug themselves out just in time as they completed a miracle comeback from 26 points down in the fourth quarter to notch a 101-99 victory over the GlobalPort Batang Pier on Wednesday at the Cuneta Astrodome.

http://www.interaksyon.com/interaktv/ph ... globalport

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2016 11:10 pm 
Heavyweight

NBA ROUNDUP | Another Westbrook triple-double lifts Thunder; Rockets bury Mavs in ill-tempered match

The seemingly unstoppable Russell Westbrook produced his 15th triple-double of the season Tuesday to propel the Oklahoma City Thunder to a 106-94 NBA victory over the Heat in Miami.

Westbrook’s 52nd career triple-double was his 30th of 2016 — a total spanning the latter part of last season.

He joined Oscar Robertson as the only players to notch 30 triple-doubles in a calendar year — furthering his chances of matching Robertson’s 1961-62 feat of averaging a triple-double over an entire season.

http://www.interaksyon.com/interaktv/nb ... ered-match

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 6:31 am 
Heavyweight

NBA STANDINGS
Eastern Conference

1 Cavaliers 23-7
2 Raptors 22-8
3 Celtics 19-13
4 Hornets 17-14
5 Knicks 16-14
6 Hawks 15-16
7 Bulls 15-16
8 Bucks 14-15

9 Pacers 15-17
10 Wizards 14-16
11 Pistons 15-18
12 Magic 15-18
13 Heat 10-22
14 Nets 8-22
15 76ers 7-23

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1153 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 77  Next