Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 12:22 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

which one do you pick?
Michael Jordan A 50%  50%  [ 5 ]
Michael Jordan B 50%  50%  [ 5 ]
Total votes : 10
Author Message
PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 10:51 am 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 27, 2010 11:38 am
Posts: 23421
Location: Southeast Asia
miron_lang wrote:
This is a hypothetical question so there should be no wrong answer. its just a matter of how you absorb or perceive.

Lets have the two Jordan's

Michael Jordan A : Official career resume of Michael Jordan..

Michael Jordan B : This is the one we re create :

This Jordan have the exact accomplishment that Jordan A had except for 3 seasons :

1984-85 = Instead of being eliminated in the 1st round by the Bucks This Jordan led the Bull's with guys like Orlando Woolridge and Quintin Dailey all the way to the finals against the Lakers losing 2-4

1986-87 = With John Paxson, Charles Oakley and Brad Sellers this Jordan was not blanked by Boston in the 1st round 0-3 but again managed to reach the Finals againts The Lakers bowing again 2-4.

1986-88 = This time this Jordan went the full 7 games before losing to the Lakers

==



now which Michael Jordan had the better career ? or who is greater?


Jordan B mod..
B had 3 more Eastern Conference championships..
Being undefeated doesn't mean you're that good compared with others..

_________________
“YESTERDAY IS HISTORY, TOMORROW A MYSTERY, AND TODAY
A GIFT…THAT’S WHY IT IS CALLED THE PRESENT “.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 11:12 am 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 2:25 pm
Posts: 25267
Its not always on the number of rings and finals...

Robert Horry can be stipulated as greater than jordan A and B...


Ahihihihihihihihi

It is how they achieved it...

And jordanA was epitome of an athlete learned and became better of himself year after year until he reached his very potential and became unbeatable on his only 6 final appearance...

Every year he is raising the bar... always a step forward...

His success rate is upward which an ideal measurement for a great athlete...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 12:07 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 01, 2003 9:08 am
Posts: 14642
Location: Terra; Gaia ; Ar-i-du
JCOOL2329 wrote:
Here's another scenario..... Can the '93 Bulls beat the '94&'95 Houston Rockets ?

8)



of course they can.

they split their 4 meetings during this period 2-2.


in fact from the 1st title in 1991 up to the 1998 season they have split their 16 meetings 8-8

_________________
“You create your own universe as you go along.” ― Winston Churchill

"When a table is normalized, the non-key columns depend on the key, the whole key, and nothing but the key." - a DBA


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 12:09 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 01, 2003 9:08 am
Posts: 14642
Location: Terra; Gaia ; Ar-i-du
bugoyparin wrote:
Its not always on the number of rings and finals...

Robert Horry can be stipulated as greater than jordan A and B...


Ahihihihihihihihi

It is how they achieved it...

And jordanA was epitome of an athlete learned and became better of himself year after year until he reached his very potential and became unbeatable on his only 6 final appearance...

Every year he is raising the bar... always a step forward...

His success rate is upward which an ideal measurement for a great athlete...


Mang Bugoy,

base po dun sa opening post. meron din po lahat nyan si Jordan B. lahat po ng meron si Jordan A meron si Jordan B. bale yun po yung technicality dun.

_________________
“You create your own universe as you go along.” ― Winston Churchill

"When a table is normalized, the non-key columns depend on the key, the whole key, and nothing but the key." - a DBA


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 12:31 pm 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 2:25 pm
Posts: 25267
miron_lang wrote:
bugoyparin wrote:
Its not always on the number of rings and finals...

Robert Horry can be stipulated as greater than jordan A and B...


Ahihihihihihihihi

It is how they achieved it...

And jordanA was epitome of an athlete learned and became better of himself year after year until he reached his very potential and became unbeatable on his only 6 final appearance...

Every year he is raising the bar... always a step forward...

His success rate is upward which an ideal measurement for a great athlete...


Mang Bugoy,

base po dun sa opening post. meron din po lahat nyan si Jordan B. lahat po ng meron si Jordan A meron si Jordan B. bale yun po yung technicality dun.

In jordanB The first 3 finals appearance of which in between of non-appearance in the finals only showed that his performance somewhat UP and DOWN..

He became very good on the year when he reached the finals but eventually lost and perform slower the following year...

Therefore he might not pushing himself to perform better than last year...


Look at jordanA
86-87 lost to boston 3-0 round 1
87-88 lost to piston 4-1 round 2
88-89 lost to piston 4-2 east finals
89-90 lost to piston 4-3 east finals
90-91 beat piston won nba finals
91-92 beat cavs won nba finals
92-93 won nba finals...

This include progression of their win lost record and consistently on ppg...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 2:10 pm 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 16, 2010 8:59 am
Posts: 19999
Location: So Cal
bugoyparin wrote:
miron_lang wrote:
bugoyparin wrote:
Its not always on the number of rings and finals...

Robert Horry can be stipulated as greater than jordan A and B...


Ahihihihihihihihi

It is how they achieved it...

And jordanA was epitome of an athlete learned and became better of himself year after year until he reached his very potential and became unbeatable on his only 6 final appearance...

Every year he is raising the bar... always a step forward...

His success rate is upward which an ideal measurement for a great athlete...


Mang Bugoy,

base po dun sa opening post. meron din po lahat nyan si Jordan B. lahat po ng meron si Jordan A meron si Jordan B. bale yun po yung technicality dun.

In jordanB The first 3 finals appearance of which in between of non-appearance in the finals only showed that his performance somewhat UP and DOWN..

He became very good on the year when he reached the finals but eventually lost and perform slower the following year...

Therefore he might not pushing himself to perform better than last year...


Look at jordanA
86-87 lost to boston 3-0 round 1
87-88 lost to piston 4-1 round 2
88-89 lost to piston 4-2 east finals
89-90 lost to piston 4-3 east finals
90-91 beat piston won nba finals
91-92 beat cavs won nba finals
92-93 won nba finals...

This include progression of their win lost record and consistently on ppg...

Their rise to the top......although they may have lost some regular season games in '93 but their playoff performance proved their greatness....and they never went game 7 in all 6 Finals appearance.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 3:01 pm 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 2:25 pm
Posts: 25267
JordanA took 7 years to reach the finals but this first seven years is like a step ladder...

He make a step upward and didnt allow himself to backdown...

Steps that when he reach the top...

All of NBA is looking up on him...

And the only way for him to stepdown is to retire...

Twice...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 4:03 pm 
Offline
Lightweight

Joined: Mon Nov 25, 2013 4:29 pm
Posts: 143
Location: BE COOL MAN
Jordan B


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 4:23 pm 
Offline
Heavyweight

Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2005 8:12 am
Posts: 15320
the survey says it all... fanaticism over a simple logic of what is greater. :lol:

_________________
"If I believe in God and life after death and you do not and if there is no God, we both lose when we die. However, if there is a God, you still lose and I gain everything." - Blaise Pascal


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 5:18 pm 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 24, 2008 10:23 pm
Posts: 4466
bugoyparin wrote:
miron_lang wrote:
bugoyparin wrote:
Its not always on the number of rings and finals...

Robert Horry can be stipulated as greater than jordan A and B...


Ahihihihihihihihi

It is how they achieved it...

And jordanA was epitome of an athlete learned and became better of himself year after year until he reached his very potential and became unbeatable on his only 6 final appearance...

Every year he is raising the bar... always a step forward...

His success rate is upward which an ideal measurement for a great athlete...


Mang Bugoy,

base po dun sa opening post. meron din po lahat nyan si Jordan B. lahat po ng meron si Jordan A meron si Jordan B. bale yun po yung technicality dun.

In jordanB The first 3 finals appearance of which in between of non-appearance in the finals only showed that his performance somewhat UP and DOWN..

He became very good on the year when he reached the finals but eventually lost and perform slower the following year...

Therefore he might not pushing himself to perform better than last year...


Look at jordanA
86-87 lost to boston 3-0 round 1
87-88 lost to piston 4-1 round 2
88-89 lost to piston 4-2 east finals
89-90 lost to piston 4-3 east finals
90-91 beat piston won nba finals
91-92 beat cavs won nba finals
92-93 won nba finals...

This include progression of their win lost record and consistently on ppg...
JCOOL2329 wrote:
Their rise to the top......although they may have lost some regular season games in '93 but their playoff performance proved their greatness....and they never went game 7 in all 6 Finals appearance.


this says it all... not by just Jordan but the entire team... although who can beat them after they got their first 3 rings??? that's still the question will forever be left unanswered

_________________
God(x) + Science(y) = Faith(x + y)


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

All times are UTC + 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

philboxing.com | pinoygreats.com
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group