Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:27 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:18 am 
Offline
Cruiserweight
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2004 11:34 pm
Posts: 2606
Location: General Aviation Area (PB-0999)
Why? Here is why?

1. No defensive adjustment, Gilas didn't even tried pressing SKor.
2. Early in the 3rd qtr, Chot reyes decided to pull out the best line-up against south Korea to magnify the massacre.
3. Dribble penetration of guards (Romeo / Castro) were working but decided to abandon the strategy midway 3rd quarter.
4. The opponents are willing to commit fouls but they didn't take advantage (see no. 3)
5. Didn't control Japeth Aguilar who showed terrible body language which discourages the team.

It's ok to loss to a great opponent but not this way (massacre). It is an unmotivated effort specially from the coaching staff.

Kudos to South Korea for excellent ball control and shooting.

_________________
"You may be a cunning linguist, but I'm a master debater!"
-Sir Augustine Danger Powers, KBE


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:48 pm 
Offline
Cruiserweight
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 01, 2013 11:44 am
Posts: 2229
Location: Ringside
psi wrote:
Why? Here is why?

1. No defensive adjustment, Gilas didn't even tried pressing SKor.
2. Early in the 3rd qtr, Chot reyes decided to pull out the best line-up against south Korea to magnify the massacre.
3. Dribble penetration of guards (Romeo / Castro) were working but decided to abandon the strategy midway 3rd quarter.
4. The opponents are willing to commit fouls but they didn't take advantage (see no. 3)
5. Didn't control Japeth Aguilar who showed terrible body language which discourages the team.

It's ok to loss to a great opponent but not this way (massacre). It is an unmotivated effort specially from the coaching staff.

Kudos to South Korea for excellent ball control and shooting.


And why not put Cone on that job?

Anyway, Chot is now working tv5 as a manager?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:59 pm 
Offline
Welterweight
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2008 11:06 am
Posts: 326
imho, hire new coaching staff from outside the PBA to bring in fresh ideas.
we already know that PBA/NBA style basketball doesn't work well in international competition.
focus should be on defense, movement without the ball, and shooting.

_________________
~ What we do in life echoes in eternity.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:00 pm 
Offline
Welterweight

Joined: Tue Feb 14, 2017 1:19 pm
Posts: 440
nang nanalo sa China halos halikan nyo pwet nya.. :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 4:46 am 
Offline
Light Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 19, 2006 12:44 am
Posts: 1076
Give him a break. The blame should be on the PBA and their clubs. 2 weeks of preparation, not releasing players for national cause. I honestly did not expect much from this team.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:53 am 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 03, 2008 10:06 am
Posts: 24496
Location: neverland
The only way for gilas to win the fiba tournament is to get lebron or durant as naturalized player

_________________
"Work is the greatest thing in the world... so I always save most of it for tomorrow.." - Juan Tamad


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:25 am 
Offline
Welterweight
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 06, 2013 10:56 am
Posts: 225
The impeccable shooting of SOKOR killed us. I don't blame Chot for this. Basketball has something to do with the size! and it does! Plus the agility of SOKOR players they were so fast and the discipline was really stellar. I think it's time to build a TQM approach in our Gilas Team. Total Quality Management in all aspects from the food they eat, their commitment, the support of our Government, etc.
Just my opinion. :D


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:29 am 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 29, 2005 8:52 pm
Posts: 43671
Location: Philippines
Bench_070 wrote:
imho, hire new coaching staff from outside the PBA to bring in fresh ideas.
we already know that PBA/NBA style basketball doesn't work well in international competition.
focus should be on defense, movement without the ball, and shooting.


nagawa na yan dati. "Rajko Toroman and Tab Baldwin"... olats pa rin... :( :( :(

_________________
- It is easier to write an incorrect program than understand a correct one.
- Finding good players is easy. Getting them to play as a team is another story.
- Defense wins games. Excellent defense wins championships.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:42 am 
Offline
Cruiserweight
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2004 11:34 pm
Posts: 2606
Location: General Aviation Area (PB-0999)
whinz wrote:
Bench_070 wrote:
imho, hire new coaching staff from outside the PBA to bring in fresh ideas.
we already know that PBA/NBA style basketball doesn't work well in international competition.
focus should be on defense, movement without the ball, and shooting.


nagawa na yan dati. "Rajko Toroman and Tab Baldwin"... olats pa rin... :( :( :(

Comparing between the three, Chot is responsible for letting the Philippine team to have the worst beating from a close fierce rival (S. Korea) for the last 3 decades.

_________________
"You may be a cunning linguist, but I'm a master debater!"
-Sir Augustine Danger Powers, KBE


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 10:56 am 
Offline
Heavyweight

Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2005 8:12 am
Posts: 15320
blaming games... ang bottom-line lang nyan... we need an import in the level of blatche to compete.

_________________
"If I believe in God and life after death and you do not and if there is no God, we both lose when we die. However, if there is a God, you still lose and I gain everything." - Blaise Pascal


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 11:11 am 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 09, 2008 10:46 am
Posts: 11429
Location: KSA
In fairness to chot, the team were able to sweep their group with 3-0. Masyado lang mabilis ang korea na hindi nila kayang sabayan, mataas ang confidence tumira ng three points. They should apply with the way Australia played against Sokor 8) 8)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 11:24 am 
Offline
Lightweight

Joined: Sun Jun 08, 2014 11:41 am
Posts: 178
Navy Blue wrote:
psi wrote:
Why? Here is why?

1. No defensive adjustment, Gilas didn't even tried pressing SKor.
2. Early in the 3rd qtr, Chot reyes decided to pull out the best line-up against south Korea to magnify the massacre.
3. Dribble penetration of guards (Romeo / Castro) were working but decided to abandon the strategy midway 3rd quarter.
4. The opponents are willing to commit fouls but they didn't take advantage (see no. 3)
5. Didn't control Japeth Aguilar who showed terrible body language which discourages the team.

It's ok to loss to a great opponent but not this way (massacre). It is an unmotivated effort specially from the coaching staff.

Kudos to South Korea for excellent ball control and shooting.


And why not put Cone on that job?

Anyway, Chot is now working tv5 as a manager?


lol Hindi uubra ang triangle ser sa international mas fit ang DDO na namaster ni chot. alaska fan ako ng 90's pa pero kahit kanino po itanong na analyst ano ang mas fit sa international ddo or triangle 99 percent of the time ddo isasagot sayo. kailangan ng mas mahabang panahon ni cone if mag aadjust siya sa international style of play ngayon unlike nung 1998 asia lang focus nya. ok na yung DDO sa gilas malilit ang players naten. kailangan din naten ng skill set ng kagaya ni blatche as naturalize kita na sa laro against korea e alam na indi natira ang 4 and 5 naten ng tres kaya zone sila ng zone pag may blatche mahihirapan sila natira ng tres un pwersado lumabas ang center.. kaya kinaen naten ng buo iran e. center laro ni blatche lalabas si haddadi e hindi makakasabay un haha si sahakian ilalagay nila napakaliit kahit sa fiba world cup match up nightmare si blatche e


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 11:24 am 
Offline
Lightweight

Joined: Sun Jun 08, 2014 11:41 am
Posts: 178
Navy Blue wrote:
psi wrote:
Why? Here is why?

1. No defensive adjustment, Gilas didn't even tried pressing SKor.
2. Early in the 3rd qtr, Chot reyes decided to pull out the best line-up against south Korea to magnify the massacre.
3. Dribble penetration of guards (Romeo / Castro) were working but decided to abandon the strategy midway 3rd quarter.
4. The opponents are willing to commit fouls but they didn't take advantage (see no. 3)
5. Didn't control Japeth Aguilar who showed terrible body language which discourages the team.

It's ok to loss to a great opponent but not this way (massacre). It is an unmotivated effort specially from the coaching staff.

Kudos to South Korea for excellent ball control and shooting.


And why not put Cone on that job?

Anyway, Chot is now working tv5 as a manager?


lol Hindi uubra ang triangle ser sa international mas fit ang DDO na namaster ni chot. alaska fan ako ng 90's pa pero kahit kanino po itanong na analyst ano ang mas fit sa international ddo or triangle 99 percent of the time ddo isasagot sayo. kailangan ng mas mahabang panahon ni cone if mag aadjust siya sa international style of play ngayon unlike nung 1998 asia lang focus nya. ok na yung DDO sa gilas malilit ang players naten. kailangan din naten ng skill set ng kagaya ni blatche as naturalize kita na sa laro against korea e alam na indi natira ang 4 and 5 naten ng tres kaya zone sila ng zone pag may blatche mahihirapan sila natira ng tres un pwersado lumabas ang center.. kaya kinaen naten ng buo iran e. center laro ni blatche lalabas si haddadi e hindi makakasabay un haha si sahakian ilalagay nila napakaliit kahit sa fiba world cup match up nightmare si blatche e


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 12:01 pm 
Offline
Middleweight

Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2010 7:18 am
Posts: 599
Sorry, people should NOT be fired because of an off-night and an opponent playing a near perfect game.

A lot of people still believe in Coach Chot. With more preparation time, changes in player personnel, and better defensive system, our Gilas can bounce back.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 12:32 pm 
Offline
Light Heavyweight

Joined: Wed Mar 25, 2015 10:08 am
Posts: 1785
Gilas major blow with the Sokor is a reminder of the PH basketball harsh reality of its mediocrity.

_________________
Netizens: "Paano ba makakaahon ang Pinas kung ang pangulo ay walang paninindigan, duwag, traydor, inutil, sinungaling, sakitin, sira ulo, kriminal at magnanakaw?"
Duterpwe: “sinabi ko na sa inyo na wag nyo ako iboto."
Dutertards: nganga


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC + 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

philboxing.com | pinoygreats.com
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group