Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum
http://forum.philboxing.com/

Vincent Chot Reyes should be fired
http://forum.philboxing.com/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=284760
Page 1 of 2

Author:  psi [ Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:18 am ]
Post subject:  Vincent Chot Reyes should be fired

Why? Here is why?

1. No defensive adjustment, Gilas didn't even tried pressing SKor.
2. Early in the 3rd qtr, Chot reyes decided to pull out the best line-up against south Korea to magnify the massacre.
3. Dribble penetration of guards (Romeo / Castro) were working but decided to abandon the strategy midway 3rd quarter.
4. The opponents are willing to commit fouls but they didn't take advantage (see no. 3)
5. Didn't control Japeth Aguilar who showed terrible body language which discourages the team.

It's ok to loss to a great opponent but not this way (massacre). It is an unmotivated effort specially from the coaching staff.

Kudos to South Korea for excellent ball control and shooting.

Author:  Navy Blue [ Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:48 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Vincent Chot Reyes should be fired

psi wrote:
Why? Here is why?

1. No defensive adjustment, Gilas didn't even tried pressing SKor.
2. Early in the 3rd qtr, Chot reyes decided to pull out the best line-up against south Korea to magnify the massacre.
3. Dribble penetration of guards (Romeo / Castro) were working but decided to abandon the strategy midway 3rd quarter.
4. The opponents are willing to commit fouls but they didn't take advantage (see no. 3)
5. Didn't control Japeth Aguilar who showed terrible body language which discourages the team.

It's ok to loss to a great opponent but not this way (massacre). It is an unmotivated effort specially from the coaching staff.

Kudos to South Korea for excellent ball control and shooting.


And why not put Cone on that job?

Anyway, Chot is now working tv5 as a manager?

Author:  Bench_070 [ Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:59 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Vincent Chot Reyes should be fired

imho, hire new coaching staff from outside the PBA to bring in fresh ideas.
we already know that PBA/NBA style basketball doesn't work well in international competition.
focus should be on defense, movement without the ball, and shooting.

Author:  Hubag [ Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:00 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Vincent Chot Reyes should be fired

nang nanalo sa China halos halikan nyo pwet nya.. :lol:

Author:  destroyer_pacman_champ [ Fri Aug 18, 2017 4:46 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Vincent Chot Reyes should be fired

Give him a break. The blame should be on the PBA and their clubs. 2 weeks of preparation, not releasing players for national cause. I honestly did not expect much from this team.

Author:  Romy Nabas [ Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:53 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Vincent Chot Reyes should be fired

The only way for gilas to win the fiba tournament is to get lebron or durant as naturalized player

Author:  riarence [ Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:25 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Vincent Chot Reyes should be fired

The impeccable shooting of SOKOR killed us. I don't blame Chot for this. Basketball has something to do with the size! and it does! Plus the agility of SOKOR players they were so fast and the discipline was really stellar. I think it's time to build a TQM approach in our Gilas Team. Total Quality Management in all aspects from the food they eat, their commitment, the support of our Government, etc.
Just my opinion. :D

Author:  whinz [ Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:29 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Vincent Chot Reyes should be fired

Bench_070 wrote:
imho, hire new coaching staff from outside the PBA to bring in fresh ideas.
we already know that PBA/NBA style basketball doesn't work well in international competition.
focus should be on defense, movement without the ball, and shooting.


nagawa na yan dati. "Rajko Toroman and Tab Baldwin"... olats pa rin... :( :( :(

Author:  psi [ Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:42 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Vincent Chot Reyes should be fired

whinz wrote:
Bench_070 wrote:
imho, hire new coaching staff from outside the PBA to bring in fresh ideas.
we already know that PBA/NBA style basketball doesn't work well in international competition.
focus should be on defense, movement without the ball, and shooting.


nagawa na yan dati. "Rajko Toroman and Tab Baldwin"... olats pa rin... :( :( :(

Comparing between the three, Chot is responsible for letting the Philippine team to have the worst beating from a close fierce rival (S. Korea) for the last 3 decades.

Author:  mhaylove [ Fri Aug 18, 2017 10:56 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Vincent Chot Reyes should be fired

blaming games... ang bottom-line lang nyan... we need an import in the level of blatche to compete.

Author:  pilyo2bay [ Fri Aug 18, 2017 11:11 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Vincent Chot Reyes should be fired

In fairness to chot, the team were able to sweep their group with 3-0. Masyado lang mabilis ang korea na hindi nila kayang sabayan, mataas ang confidence tumira ng three points. They should apply with the way Australia played against Sokor 8) 8)

Author:  wesley_sy [ Fri Aug 18, 2017 11:24 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Vincent Chot Reyes should be fired

Navy Blue wrote:
psi wrote:
Why? Here is why?

1. No defensive adjustment, Gilas didn't even tried pressing SKor.
2. Early in the 3rd qtr, Chot reyes decided to pull out the best line-up against south Korea to magnify the massacre.
3. Dribble penetration of guards (Romeo / Castro) were working but decided to abandon the strategy midway 3rd quarter.
4. The opponents are willing to commit fouls but they didn't take advantage (see no. 3)
5. Didn't control Japeth Aguilar who showed terrible body language which discourages the team.

It's ok to loss to a great opponent but not this way (massacre). It is an unmotivated effort specially from the coaching staff.

Kudos to South Korea for excellent ball control and shooting.


And why not put Cone on that job?

Anyway, Chot is now working tv5 as a manager?


lol Hindi uubra ang triangle ser sa international mas fit ang DDO na namaster ni chot. alaska fan ako ng 90's pa pero kahit kanino po itanong na analyst ano ang mas fit sa international ddo or triangle 99 percent of the time ddo isasagot sayo. kailangan ng mas mahabang panahon ni cone if mag aadjust siya sa international style of play ngayon unlike nung 1998 asia lang focus nya. ok na yung DDO sa gilas malilit ang players naten. kailangan din naten ng skill set ng kagaya ni blatche as naturalize kita na sa laro against korea e alam na indi natira ang 4 and 5 naten ng tres kaya zone sila ng zone pag may blatche mahihirapan sila natira ng tres un pwersado lumabas ang center.. kaya kinaen naten ng buo iran e. center laro ni blatche lalabas si haddadi e hindi makakasabay un haha si sahakian ilalagay nila napakaliit kahit sa fiba world cup match up nightmare si blatche e

Author:  wesley_sy [ Fri Aug 18, 2017 11:24 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Vincent Chot Reyes should be fired

Navy Blue wrote:
psi wrote:
Why? Here is why?

1. No defensive adjustment, Gilas didn't even tried pressing SKor.
2. Early in the 3rd qtr, Chot reyes decided to pull out the best line-up against south Korea to magnify the massacre.
3. Dribble penetration of guards (Romeo / Castro) were working but decided to abandon the strategy midway 3rd quarter.
4. The opponents are willing to commit fouls but they didn't take advantage (see no. 3)
5. Didn't control Japeth Aguilar who showed terrible body language which discourages the team.

It's ok to loss to a great opponent but not this way (massacre). It is an unmotivated effort specially from the coaching staff.

Kudos to South Korea for excellent ball control and shooting.


And why not put Cone on that job?

Anyway, Chot is now working tv5 as a manager?


lol Hindi uubra ang triangle ser sa international mas fit ang DDO na namaster ni chot. alaska fan ako ng 90's pa pero kahit kanino po itanong na analyst ano ang mas fit sa international ddo or triangle 99 percent of the time ddo isasagot sayo. kailangan ng mas mahabang panahon ni cone if mag aadjust siya sa international style of play ngayon unlike nung 1998 asia lang focus nya. ok na yung DDO sa gilas malilit ang players naten. kailangan din naten ng skill set ng kagaya ni blatche as naturalize kita na sa laro against korea e alam na indi natira ang 4 and 5 naten ng tres kaya zone sila ng zone pag may blatche mahihirapan sila natira ng tres un pwersado lumabas ang center.. kaya kinaen naten ng buo iran e. center laro ni blatche lalabas si haddadi e hindi makakasabay un haha si sahakian ilalagay nila napakaliit kahit sa fiba world cup match up nightmare si blatche e

Author:  manila_hits [ Fri Aug 18, 2017 12:01 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Vincent Chot Reyes should be fired

Sorry, people should NOT be fired because of an off-night and an opponent playing a near perfect game.

A lot of people still believe in Coach Chot. With more preparation time, changes in player personnel, and better defensive system, our Gilas can bounce back.

Author:  Keep Punching [ Fri Aug 18, 2017 12:32 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Vincent Chot Reyes should be fired

Gilas major blow with the Sokor is a reminder of the PH basketball harsh reality of its mediocrity.

Page 1 of 2 All times are UTC + 8 hours
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
https://www.phpbb.com/