Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Tue Dec 12, 2017 6:56 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 11:09 pm 
Heavyweight

Numero uno wrote:
I posted on the LAKER forum that Lonzo should play Shooting guard.

I'm not sure if you're being sarcastic, bro.

Anyway, how do you convert him to shooting guard if he can't shoot? He is shooting below 30 percent. I'd say keep him at point guard for now - 6.9 assists per game is actually quite good.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 11:30 pm 
Heavyweight

In an era where pace, shooting, and spacing are emphasized, Ball just really lacks that one major asset: consistent outside shot. Heck, even centers are shooting threes now on a regular basis.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 11:53 pm 
Heavyweight

parang mabagal
naiiwan ng mga point guard na binabantayan niya
kinawawa ni beverly at irving

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 4:03 am 
Heavyweight

theDon wrote:
Numero uno wrote:
I posted on the LAKER forum that Lonzo should play Shooting guard.

I'm not sure if you're being sarcastic, bro.

Anyway, how do you convert him to shooting guard if he can't shoot? He is shooting below 30 percent. I'd say keep him at point guard for now - 6.9 assists per game is actually quite good.

Because i know the game of basketball more than you do.

He played off the ball in half court situation in UCLA.

The sooner LUKE WALDO realizes this the better.

Get him to run off a curl or cut baseline for an easy alley oop.

If he was moving and hit the ball with movement he is already in attack mode and is winding up for a lay up or blow by defenders

Because he isn't hitting the tray maybe get him shots going to the basket.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 12:12 pm 
Lightweight

Youngest player in the history of NBA (used to be Lebron) to log triple double, 19 pts, 12 rebounds, 13 assists, 3 steals, 3 blocks. Lonzo is a complete player, wait till he gets his rhythm. Pure scorers just score because they lack one essential thing -- stamina. Great players have stamina that's why they can both score, rebound, steal, and defend, besides the skill sets needed. The initial bad shooting is just in his head, due to the pressure from Lavar's sales talk, plus the opposing player's putting extra defense on him, but once he got used to this he'll be fine. Also, unlike his teammates where he gives them scoring pass/assist he seldom get's assist from his teammates in return. He is tall for a point guard, but still has the body of a teenager, once his body matures he'll be able to drive strong to the basket more often.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:16 am 
Light Heavyweight

Lonzo still hasn't shown anything that would make one of the real greats soon.
Maybe to the class of Jason Kidd or Nash at best...
Hands up on his assist ability but his rebounding is still a question... Most of it are defensive.
Has struggled in most games with good defenders.
NBA will continue to build him up though... They need a name to carry the game.

Maybe I'm just expecting too much from him... But it's because of his dad
:lol: :lol: 8)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:05 am 
Heavyweight

Pinoy758 wrote:
Hands up on his assist ability but his rebounding is still a question... Most of it are defensive.

Nash was one of my fave players. In a way, he played a lot like Curry - excellent shooter, unbelievable drives to the basket, high scoring team, and just overall fun to watch. He was a 2-time MVP and 5-time leader in assists.

It was just too bad he failed to make the NBA finals - his only real blemish on his resume. Otherwise, I think he's one of the all-time greats.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:08 am 
Light Heavyweight

^^
Nash is great to watch if you like high scoring games....
He's benefited much on D'Antoni's offensive system.
His defense though good is not great as those all-time greats like Magic and Mike (guards)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:20 pm 
Middleweight

Big bust ball

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 6:09 am 
Heavyweight

Update after 16 games:

Lonzo still hasn't shown anything that says ALL STAR. In fact, it's quite the opposite. A lot of times, he looked lost and out of his league, like he doesn't even belong in the NBA.

His upside is that he is a good rebounder and passer, but the thing is, he doesn't really set the pace and initiate the offense. And he can't shoot, can't drive, and can't connect on his free throws. You can't be an efficient point guard if you're not an offensive threat.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:41 am 
Light Heavyweight

theDon wrote:
Pinoy758 wrote:

Nash was one of my fave players. In a way, he played a lot like Curry - excellent shooter, unbelievable drives to the basket, high scoring team, and just overall fun to watch. He was a 2-time MVP and 5-time leader in assists.

It was just too bad he failed to make the NBA finals - his only real blemish on his resume. Otherwise, I think he's one of the all-time greats.

Lonzo just turned 20. Give the kid a break. Nash is the worst NBA MVP in history.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:36 pm 
Lightweight

Lonzo made it again, another triple double: 11 points, 16 rebounds, 11 assists, 2 blocks. The only Lakers rookie player to have multiple triple double besides Magic Johnson. The scoring/shooting will follow, but he already shows complete game. Everybody can score but few players can both score and defend, and rebound, and assist. He was plus 29 in the Denver game, meaning the Lakers are winning when he is around, whether he scores or not due to the intangible things he does. Like his pass leads to another pass that led to a score, or his defense leads to a deflection, there was no block but the opponent did not score, or his screen led to another score by a teammate.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:11 am 
Cruiserweight

B.Simmons over Lonzo for ROY. But both of them will be stars in the making. Magic had 8 triple Ds in his rookie year. And with already 2 triple Ds in just 17 games, Lonzo is bound to beat Magic's record

____
Cowards hide behind anonymity
Live Responsibly!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:59 am 
Heavyweight

Kamatis wrote:
B.Simmons over Lonzo for ROY. But both of them will be stars in the making. Magic had 8 triple Ds in his rookie year. And with already 2 triple Ds in just 17 games, Lonzo is bound to beat Magic's record

I'm definitely seeing something from Lonzo. If only he was this aggressive every night.

On the ROY, I think Simmons only needs to stay healthy, and he should get the award. He is the most consistent rookie so far.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:59 am 
Cruiserweight

yung tatay ni lonzo at nagkakalat, he said sa media that his son's stealing is not a big deal..sumagot si trump dapat iniwan ko na lang yan s china..
theDon wrote:
Post all updates on Lonzo Ball here.

Tirahin na yan baka tirahin ba ng iba.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next