Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:14 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 110 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 5:57 am 
Heavyweight

Dami galit dito.
The people involved apologized already.
Issue over.
Meanwhile, thousands of Pinoys still want to migrate to Australia.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 6:59 am 
Middleweight

kulukuy wrote:
Well, I'm disappointed with the Pinoy's ineffectiveness in exacting an unforgettable lesson to these arrogant whitey monkeys with superiority complex. The only effective and meaningful strike was the elbow by that albino monkey. I think Pinoy basketball players should include fight sports cross-training as part of their fitness program (specifically focus pads/punch mitts/kick pads and punch/elbow strike/kick/knee strike training on heavy bags). Pinoys should have gone "Beatles" on these self-important whiteys like they did back in 1966. :biglaugh:

So the next time you run into whitey on the street or anywhere else for that matter and showing you disdain or giving you an attitude, then attitude him back. In fact, do it to them first preemptively before they could get off. I have and they usually couldn't follow through with their bluff and are mostly cowards in my opinion which is based on my personal experiences. Two can play the game, you know. The best defense is a good offense, right? Whiteys rely on acknowledgement by non-whiteys of their presumed superiority (which they have imposed on the world for centuries) to intimidate and establish their false sense of supremacy over non-whiteys in a situation or encounter. So don't feed it. Cut them off at the knees before they do it to you. Wean yourself off of that colonial mentality. I think the president should ban the sale of whitening creams in the country. That would go a long way in salvaging the country's identity and away from the whitey mentality. :biglaugh:

+ 1GB

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 7:00 am 
Middleweight

JoeyInCali wrote:
Dami galit dito.
The people involved apologized already.
Issue over.
Meanwhile, thousands of Pinoys still want to migrate to Australia.

Exactly
Let's all move on

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 8:08 am 
Cruiserweight

Apology is the most abused/overused word nowadays. It is often used as a cop-out or to dodge consequences of one's malicious/intentional actions after the fact...after the damage has been done. If you still believe in it, then I have a bridge to sell you. Let's just all intentionally do harm/damage then apologize right after the deed has been done. All will be good then because we apologized. Dammit! I'm entitled to apologize. So there! :biglaugh:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 8:28 am 

kulukuy wrote:
Apology is the most abused/overused word nowadays. It is often used as a cop-out or to dodge consequences of one's malicious/intentional actions after the fact...after the damage has been done. If you still believe in it, then I have a bridge to sell you. Let's just all intentionally do harm/damage then apologize right after the deed has been done. All will be good then because we apologized. Dammit! I'm entitled to apologize. So there! :biglaugh:

"When a table is normalized, the non-key columns depend on the key, the whole key, and nothing but the key." - a DBA

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 10:38 am 
Heavyweight

kulukuy wrote:

Or you can do what Pinoys are known for.
Magdahilan, don't accept responsibility, pass the blame and play the victim card.
Which one is worse?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 11:09 am 
Cruiserweight

All kinds of people in this world do that kinda sh!t. To declare that only Pinoys have such trait is ignorant and crab-ish. And it has nothing to do with my point which was totally missed. I was talking about apology becoming a very cheap word or set of words nowadays.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 11:15 am 
Middleweight

buti na lang sa canada kami nag migrate.. mas maganda lang ang weather dun

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 11:17 am 
Middleweight

JoeyInCali wrote:
Wait till England loses in the world cup.
This won't even be a memory.

im rooting forBrazil

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 11:20 am 
Heavyweight

Oh, here come the crab card.
Apologies are cheap?
Actually, magdahilan, pass the blame and play the victim card is a lot cheaper .
You know like almost all politicians and govt officials who are caught in a scandal ?
In other countries, they'd apologize and admit fault and be ashamed of themselves .

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 11:32 am 
Heavyweight

watch this guys.

the demand for an apology from our side is a joke.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 11:41 am 
Heavyweight

don robert wrote:

watch this guys.

Both sides apologized already.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 12:13 pm 
Light Heavyweight

All lip service. I mean the apologies.

Let it die down to its natural cycle, half-hearted apologies or non-apologies be dammed. That way, everybody learns according to how it should be in the mechanistic natural world.

Guru-ism notwithstanding, all things happen for a reason. Smart-alecky self-loathing gob over the webz is nothing but elevator fart.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 12:57 pm 
Heavyweight

This is a basketbrawl waiting to happen, and it takes to tango, so shame on both nations. Remember the Pac-Horn robbery and the Aussie nun that’s being deported by our own Pres. – both controversial stories that might have gripped the 2 nations – setting the stage for this epic ending LMAO.

For me, the Aussies are more at fault here. That scene where their players are pulling the ads in our home court even before the game starts was very irresponsible. Even apologies could no longer restrain everyone from playing bad *** game. It’s already brewing. We’re just waiting for the trigger – and an Aussie player pulled it – with a brutal hit on our player’s neck.

Next scenes were ugly and entertaining though (what with those flying kicks LOL). It’s a free for all and it’s just unfortunate that a lone Aussie was gang-mauled by players, fans and an assistant coach. I can understand the players (Romeo et al), and to some extent the fans, but not the team officials who should have exercised restraint and pacifism (kudos to the Kraken and 2 other players).

But it doesn’t mean Romeo is right. The act cannot be justified. Is he trying to say June Mar cannot be relied on as a teammate even off the court when he opted not to punch? I’m also curious about Chot’s instruction during huddles insinuating someone hit some targets. Whether that’s just being part of basketball folklore, the least that we want to see is when somebody gets hurt.

Question is, could we have avoided it? I really don’t know. For much of the West and the Whites being the cradle of democracy, equality, liberty, etc. – but really as impressed by Mod Miron, they have dark secrets, too. The genes of their brutal ancestors got the better of them. Aussies (or the cagers for that matter) need to show some respect. And we didn’t get that the moment they arrived here in our soil. And with all their whispers referring to us as ‘monkeys’ – cute but expect some retribution.

I find it amusing that this fracas get to world headlines even in CNN at the height of FIFA World Cup. Really, we smile every time we watch the chaotic scenes in the Phils’. now infamous arena (that’s still marketing though). The general consensus is – Filipinos will never be bullied in their home court. We stood tall and mighty against aggressors but critics abroad will say we’re just a bunch of sore losers.

That’s where our team will get hurt the most when FIBA reviews and decides the case. We just hope the same penalty is meted to the Aussies, too.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 1:14 pm 

don robert wrote:

watch this guys.

THANK YOU!!

each will take this depending on how they see their reality.

Its almost IMPOSSIBLE for someone living in the 4 main DIVISION of the BRITISH EMPIRE namely USA, CANADA, AUSTRALIA and NZ to VIEW this as an act of a GROUP or CLASS acting and thinking that they are SUPERIOR over another and thus DO act of transgressions. simply put they are already a part of that particular country.

but for others like me in particular. the fvck this is a clear case of BULLYING....

The AUSTRALIAN Team rip off decals from the court?!! that is CRAZY sh1t..... they have no Respect... period.

its time we see ourselves as equals with our white brothers.

"When a table is normalized, the non-key columns depend on the key, the whole key, and nothing but the key." - a DBA

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 110 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next