Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:55 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 110 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 1:29 pm 
Heavyweight

Subversive wrote:
The brawl between the Philippine NT and Australia was a disgrace....unfortunately the ugly mentality of Filipinos is now laid bare and exposed to the world.

The truth is, pinoys showed zero class by brawling, instead of trying to prevent a fight, pinoys players joined in the fracas, with fans decided to throw kicks, punches, and throw chairs.

In a civilized country, that is considered assault. Only in Da Pilipins.....it’s a source of national pride:
(Yes, these “proud” pinoys are so happy they took a selfie after the brawl)

Not to mention the “proud” and “patriotic” pinoy politikos who praised this violent, thuggish behavior:

http://politics.com.ph/thug-mentality-f ... h-aussies/

Only in da Pilipins....

Huh? Assault? My countrymen did that?

Watch the tape to find out how it all started and who should be charged you nut job. That could even rise to attempted murder.

Soon as we learn to fly, watch out you damn birds we takin the skies!!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 1:30 pm 
Heavyweight

JoeyInCali wrote:
Dami galit dito.
The people involved apologized already.
Issue over.
Meanwhile, thousands of Pinoys still want to migrate to Australia.

Like you did in the US?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 1:35 pm 
Heavyweight

It was a chippy game, in general. But, what Kickert did to Pogoy is absolutely disgusting. Talking about a 6'10" player blindsiding a 6'2" player with a cheapshot forearm. A normal person could've been injured permanently. That was simply a disgusting act. Aussies absolutely got the reaction they deserved. I don't think any team could have reacted differently in that situation. Didn't matter who started it. At the end of the day, basketball still needs to be played and there is no place for that forearm in that game.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 1:49 pm 
Heavyweight

don robert wrote:

watch this guys.

the demand for an apology from our side is a joke.

Hmmm... That was a good post Roberta

:mrgreen:

The worst sa politics lounge, well dito medyo may konting utak

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 1:52 pm 
Heavyweight

seanee wrote:
It was a chippy game, in general. But, what Kickert did to Pogoy is absolutely disgusting. Talking about a 6'10" player blindsiding a 6'2" player with a cheapshot forearm. A normal person could've been injured permanently. That was simply a disgusting act. Aussies absolutely got the reaction they deserved. I don't think any team could have reacted differently in that situation. Didn't matter who started it. At the end of the day, basketball still needs to be played and there is no place for that forearm in that game.

Exactly... That is pure aggravated assault and could even be raised to attempted murder.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 2:39 pm 
Heavyweight

Duterte Honours Anti-Colonial Hero Lapu-Lapu at a Time When His Critics Adopt The Colonial Mentality
Written by Adam Garrie on 2018-07-04

At a time when Philippine President Rodrigo Duterte himself contrasted his style of government with the dangerous “colonial mentality”, it is all the more important for The Philippines to embrace and cherish both recent and historic anti-colonial figures. Lapu-Lapu is recognised as the 16th century hero who was the first leader throughout The Philippines to stand up to and ultimately defeat Spanish imperialists on the field of battle.

Lapu-Lapu was the ruler of Mactan when Spanish Conquistador Ferdinand Magellan’s forces attempted to subdue Mactan as part of the initial wave of Spanish colonisation of The Philippines. On the 27th of April 1521, Lapu-Lapu led his forces against the invaders and crushed the Spanish, killing the infamous Magellan in the process.

Huwag mag padala nang Colonial Mentality kaya tayo naging Kawawa sa Bansa pa natin mismo
Time to bring back the lapu lapu time :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 2:52 pm 
Heavyweight

JoeyInCali wrote:
don robert wrote:

watch this guys.

Both sides apologized already.

the apology was on why it had to come to what happened. but to apologize because it was our fault, nope.

all these pinoys say that Gilas players lost it, no they did not. we dished out hard or physical plays the same way the Australian team gave our team.

we did not crack. it was Australian no. 12 who could not take the physical play and gave our player the elbow.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 3:00 pm 
Heavyweight

miron_lang wrote:
don robert wrote:

watch this guys.

THANK YOU!!

each will take this depending on how they see their reality.

Its almost IMPOSSIBLE for someone living in the 4 main DIVISION of the BRITISH EMPIRE namely USA, CANADA, AUSTRALIA and NZ to VIEW this as an act of a GROUP or CLASS acting and thinking that they are SUPERIOR over another and thus DO act of transgressions. simply put they are already a part of that particular country.

but for others like me in particular. the fvck this is a clear case of BULLYING....

The AUSTRALIAN Team rip off decals from the court?!! that is CRAZY sh1t..... they have no Respect... period.

its time we see ourselves as equals with our white brothers.

Australians are really known as racists, they are of the same DNA from the people of the UK or Ireland. i know there are people in their society that implores for zero tolerance on racism. they have laws on discrimination, but it needs time to be fully realized by its citizenry. i don;t think it will be completely eradicated, but who knows in a 100 years time it may happen. racism has been part of Australian history.

the Australian team was lucky the crowd did not consume them. if it was in countries like Mexico, they may have been decapitated already.

but we should not only demand equality from them white folks, we also need to demand it from our fellow asians (yellow or brown) like CHINA.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 3:13 pm 
Heavyweight

Duncan wrote:
This is a basketbrawl waiting to happen, and it takes to tango, so shame on both nations. Remember the Pac-Horn robbery and the Aussie nun that’s being deported by our own Pres. – both controversial stories that might have gripped the 2 nations – setting the stage for this epic ending LMAO.

For me, the Aussies are more at fault here. That scene where their players are pulling the ads in our home court even before the game starts was very irresponsible. Even apologies could no longer restrain everyone from playing bad *** game. It’s already brewing. We’re just waiting for the trigger – and an Aussie player pulled it – with a brutal hit on our player’s neck.

Next scenes were ugly and entertaining though (what with those flying kicks LOL). It’s a free for all and it’s just unfortunate that a lone Aussie was gang-mauled by players, fans and an assistant coach. I can understand the players (Romeo et al), and to some extent the fans, but not the team officials who should have exercised restraint and pacifism (kudos to the Kraken and 2 other players).

But it doesn’t mean Romeo is right. The act cannot be justified. Is he trying to say June Mar cannot be relied on as a teammate even off the court when he opted not to punch? I’m also curious about Chot’s instruction during huddles insinuating someone hit some targets. Whether that’s just being part of basketball folklore, the least that we want to see is when somebody gets hurt.

Question is, could we have avoided it? I really don’t know. For much of the West and the Whites being the cradle of democracy, equality, liberty, etc. – but really as impressed by Mod Miron, they have dark secrets, too. The genes of their brutal ancestors got the better of them. Aussies (or the cagers for that matter) need to show some respect. And we didn’t get that the moment they arrived here in our soil. And with all their whispers referring to us as ‘monkeys’ – cute but expect some retribution.

I find it amusing that this fracas get to world headlines even in CNN at the height of FIFA World Cup. Really, we smile every time we watch the chaotic scenes in the Phils’. now infamous arena (that’s still marketing though). The general consensus is – Filipinos will never be bullied in their home court. We stood tall and mighty against aggressors but critics abroad will say we’re just a bunch of sore losers.

That’s where our team will get hurt the most when FIBA reviews and decides the case. We just hope the same penalty is meted to the Aussies, too.

agree on this... 8)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 4:24 pm 
Cruiserweight

Hmm, a confused wannabe-whitey Pinoy on here even went to the extent of making up a word based on a typical predictable whitey misdirection phrase when a non-whitey person brings up the the subject of racism/stereotyping/profiling, i.e. "playing the race card". So he just invented a new phrase based on that: "crab card" because he was in a bind. How original? He always does something stupid when he is in a bind like turning into a grammar police all of sudden hoping to misdirect attention away from his blunder.

Anyway, what the Pinoy player with the ball did was just part of doing business on the court. That happens all the time (call it offensive foul or a charging hip check or whatever...if the referee happens to see it) but it's part of the game. However, the elbow strike from the albino monkey was not part of the game. He wasn't even a party to the "game-related" physicality between those two players. He made a conscious effort to get close to the Pinoy player with the intention to deliver that blow/strike. So technically or rather legally, that was an intentional and a malicious "assault and battery". My question is, why didn't law enforcement come into play here? Perhaps because he's a whitey and that the local law doesn't apply to him? Talking about colonial mentality. Tsk tsk tsk!

Imagine if this happened in Singapore. Remember what happened to the self-entitled whitey American kid that committed vandalism years ago?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 5:59 pm 
Heavyweight

kung sa australia naganap iyan o kaya sa china, argentina.
sasali ang mga kababayan nila sa loob ng stadium para kumuyog

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 6:13 pm 
Heavyweight

Wow, attempted murder?
White privilege by not getting arrested by cops with colonial mentality?
Err, organized sports are self-policing.
Was Jimmy Noblezada arrested for elbowing Jordan?
Was Jawo arrested for throwing a ball intentionally to Cyrus Mann's face?
Was Mon Fernandez arrested for throwing a chair to the Crispa Bench?

The suspension is going to be biased in favor of the Aussies because they are white. Lol
Not really, how many left their benches?
Those who left their bench already realized their mistakes.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 8:13 pm 
Light Heavyweight

Some people here are having inferiority complex vis a vis the white guys. Why be hospitable to a disrespectful visitor? Why be a good sport to a bad one? Let them fight for their rights. If I think I'm right and you transgressed against my rights, I wouldn't have second thoughts in making sure that you learn your lesson the hard way. As someone once said (was it the Bible?): There are no tyrants where there are no slaves. And again: You reap what you sow. Have a colonial mentality and these whites would bully and take advantage of you.

The first one who provokes a fight is always at fault. Any reaction to a provocation is normal to a person who values equality and justice. It's one thing to be patriotic, but the real issue here is RESPECT. If we respect each other, we wouldn't even think of taking advantage or bullying them.

I agree that the refs were at fault here. If the refs were fair, nobody would complain. But these sports officials always favor the rich players or athletes. Remember Onyok Velasco? Even Manny against Horn and Bradley. I always thought that these rich countries have already paid the refs to look the other way when their players play dirty games. If I were rich and shameless and I can buy the refs, I would do the same. That's calling a spade a spade!

But I'm a good guy, fair and just, so I wouldn't do that. What's the use of winning gold medals if I did not deserve them? They're only good on paper with the publicity and all.

Success is measured not by what you have achieved,
but by the degree of satisfaction you derive from it.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 11:09 am 
Heavyweight

Someone here rode the boat but is still lacking.

platinum wrote:

Exactly... That is pure aggravated assault and could even be raised to attempted murder.

That means there's a possibility since some actions fit the description...

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 11:14 am 
Heavyweight

rizalincarnate wrote:
Some people here are having inferiority complex vis a vis the white guys. Why be hospitable to a disrespectful visitor? Why be a good sport to a bad one? Let them fight for their rights. If I think I'm right and you transgressed against my rights, I wouldn't have second thoughts in making sure that you learn your lesson the hard way. As someone once said (was it the Bible?): There are no tyrants where there are no slaves. And again: You reap what you sow. Have a colonial mentality and these whites would bully and take advantage of you.

The first one who provokes a fight is always at fault. Any reaction to a provocation is normal to a person who values equality and justice. It's one thing to be patriotic, but the real issue here is RESPECT. If we respect each other, we wouldn't even think of taking advantage or bullying them.

I agree that the refs were at fault here. If the refs were fair, nobody would complain. But these sports officials always favor the rich players or athletes. Remember Onyok Velasco? Even Manny against Horn and Bradley. I always thought that these rich countries have already paid the refs to look the other way when their players play dirty games. If I were rich and shameless and I can buy the refs, I would do the same. That's calling a spade a spade!

But I'm a good guy, fair and just, so I wouldn't do that. What's the use of winning gold medals if I did not deserve them? They're only good on paper with the publicity and all.

that was good

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 110 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next