Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Tue Oct 23, 2018 12:46 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 10:43 am 

ilan na ba nagpunta dun?

bilanging natin

Jafhet -- Binangko, bumalik nag PBA
Ray Parks - Binangko, bumalik nag MPBL
Kobe Paras - Binangko, bumalik nag UAAP

sino pa ba?

malaking kamalian yan pag pinadala sa US si Kai un less mala Hakeem Olajuwon na level nya.

WangZhi Zhi di naman nag college sa US nakapag NBA.

"When a table is normalized, the non-key columns depend on the key, the whole key, and nothing but the key." - a DBA

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 11:10 am 
Heavyweight

Tama yung sinabi ni Don Ramon..
Aanhin mo ang US kung hindi ka naman naglalaro...

Hopefully, Kai will stay in the Philippines then join lang sya pag may mga summer camps and amateur leagues kung saan pwede nya ipakita ang galing nya...

Example natin si Junemar...
Maraming Manila-based school ang interested sa kanya..
But he stayed in Cebu to mature and further develop his game..
Look at him now...he became great kahit hindi nag NCAA or UAAP...

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 12:18 am 
Cruiserweight

I agree, he should not come to the US if he doesn't think he can compete....

If he's got the talent, and the will to work hard and improve, well, what better place to hone your game?....

Japeth, Parks Jr, Kobe P were not good enough to even be stars in high D1 US college competition....

Blaming "politics"? LOL.....if you're good enough, trust me, you'll play....

Coming to the US would separate the wheat from the chaff...mawawala hype kaagad, kung hindi nga siya maka compete...

I'm hoping that it'll be the other way, that he'll find out he has the skills and wherewithal to eventually be the first Pinoy to make it in the NBA...full blooded, I mean...

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 12:48 am 
Light Heavyweight

flipgolfer wrote:
I agree, he should not come to the US if he doesn't think he can compete....

If he's got the talent, and the will to work hard and improve, well, what better place to hone your game?....

Japeth, Parks Jr, Kobe P were not good enough to even be stars in high D1 US college competition....

Blaming "politics"? LOL.....if you're good enough, trust me, you'll play....

Coming to the US would separate the wheat from the chaff...mawawala hype kaagad, kung hindi nga siya maka compete...

I'm hoping that it'll be the other way, that he'll find out he has the skills and wherewithal to eventually be the first Pinoy to make it in the NBA...full blooded, I mean...

Japeth does not have the bball IQ to compete not even to the local AAU meets. Parks almost made it but needs to be a better shooter with such height...

For Kobe, malas to the max. If you've followed him in SoCal bball before entering UCLA, he's one very hot commodity. Minalas sa politics of UCLA then bad fit on Creighton (maybe no other choice at that point).

The problem with Kai's staying in Manila is the competition. Unless somebody would shoulder the expenses on bringing competition for him in Manila, going here possibly is better. May need to go to area or state with schools that really need bigs (SoCal won't be his destination).

:lol:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 8:31 am 

competition is a problem?

super hype na talaga ah lol

1 uaap jrs title at 1 finals mvp.

ano ba average nya sa Juniors full season?

hinay hinay lang... hintayin natin magpakita pa yung bata.

ngayon kung ni re recruit sya eh nasa kanya yan... basta importante maka laro sya at hindi naka upo lang.

"When a table is normalized, the non-key columns depend on the key, the whole key, and nothing but the key." - a DBA

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 9:57 am 
Light Heavyweight

Yes, competition is a problem. Without good competition, it would be hard to push the kid to his potential.

Not about the hype mod... Young ballers are more about potentials and ceilings...
He's weak and slow... Mabagal at yung postura medyo delikado pero kung mga kalaro nya ay mga future UAAP players instead of future US NCCA players, magiging mas matibay ba?

Just don't go to the basketball bigs teams, normally the Div Is with good football programs cause those will be filled with good talents... Less playing time.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 10:02 am 
Heavyweight

nasa kanya yun...Kahit saan niya gusto....

kung makapasok siya sa NBA kapalaran na niya yan......sabi nga ni Pnoy it is my Distiny, and so with Duterte.

sabi nga ni Pacman ill do my best and god take the rest..

congrats to CGMA destiny mo talaga maging Prime Minister..este house speaker :biglaugh:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 10:34 am 
Heavyweight

Follow nalang nya tung blueprint nina Yao, Wang, Yi at Haddadi. 8) :beer:

Dominate the Asia and then big chance makapasok sa NBA... Go Kai Sotto... :celebrate:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 11:02 am 

Pinoy758 wrote:
Yes, competition is a problem. Without good competition, it would be hard to push the kid to his potential.

Not about the hype mod... Young ballers are more about potentials and ceilings...
He's weak and slow... Mabagal at yung postura medyo delikado pero kung mga kalaro nya ay mga future UAAP players instead of future US NCCA players, magiging mas matibay ba?

Just don't go to the basketball bigs teams, normally the Div Is with good football programs cause those will be filled with good talents... Less playing time.

If the objective is to be able to play in the NBA.. going to the US and play for a college is totally wrong statistically speaking.

we have our narratives influenced by the media.

but if we look at the data.

100% of asians that played in the NBA did not go to NCAA US college. They were noticed while playing in asia.

*Ma Jian played for Univ. of Utah but was cut before the start of the season...

100% of pure filipinos who aspired to go the NBA that played in US colleges did not make it.

that is zero opinion and 100% data.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 1:03 pm 
Heavyweight

What NBA scouts look for in basketball players 20 and younger?

" First, I focus on skill level. I watch to see where a player’s skill set is in proportion to other athletes the same age. I also look for athleticism. By athleticism, I not only mean their physical size but also what they are able to accomplish with that size. Athleticism is speed, quickness, strength, as well as potential. Another key factor I look for is basketball IQ--I want to know if they really understand the game." - Ryan Carr, NBC Basketball Camps

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 3:45 pm 
Light Heavyweight

miron_lang wrote:

If the objective is to be able to play in the NBA.. going to the US and play for a college is totally wrong statistically speaking.

we have our narratives influenced by the media.

but if we look at the data.

100% of asians that played in the NBA did not go to NCAA US college. They were noticed while playing in asia.

*Ma Jian played for Univ. of Utah but was cut before the start of the season...

100% of pure filipinos who aspired to go the NBA that played in US colleges did not make it.

that is zero opinion and 100% data.

Mod, your data maybe true but who were the Asians that went big in the NBA aside from Yao Ming?
Kung ang purpose is just to get into the league then get exposed later, then siguro nga mas maganda stay sa Pinas.
Ang issue with players going US NCAA is that they get exposed earlier... Prior to their NBA try...
(Pero syempre andyan din politics and discrimination against Asians... Yung mas mataas na requirement sa Asian in many cases... But this is more of a general issue at di specific sa basketball)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 4:25 pm 

time will tell.

If Kai is really that good then it doesnt really matter.

makukuha yan if he really deserve it. dahil nasa 7'2 na ata ngayon at me talent naman.

HOPING na sana sana he makes it :D

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 2:24 am 
Cruiserweight

miron_lang wrote:
time will tell.

If Kai is really that good then it doesnt really matter.

makukuha yan if he really deserve it. dahil nasa 7'2 na ata ngayon at me talent naman.

HOPING na sana sana he makes it :D

That's what I'm saying...let him play tough comp...he'll get noticed much earlier...if he bombs out, then he can go back to Asia, and try to make it that way.....

US hoops is TRULY DARWINIAN....if you got it, you'll make it...otherwise, you'll be exposed.....

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 8:36 am 

flipgolfer wrote:
That's what I'm saying...let him play tough comp...he'll get noticed much earlier...if he bombs out, then he can go back to Asia, and try to make it that way.....

US hoops is TRULY DARWINIAN....if you got it, you'll make it...otherwise, you'll be exposed.....

The key there is the word play.

if he goes to the US. its not a guarantee that he will play. in fact 100% of our cager get 'bangko-ed' in the US.

That is 100% chance off the data :?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 9:25 am 
Light Heavyweight

^^
100% but with only a few data (players). Not enough to put good conclusion.
For Kobe, during his recruitment days, he's thought to be a potential one and done, though on a lower-tier having played with Compton Magic and several good camps in SoCal... and played good.

But then again, politics prevailed in UCLA. It's a good talent that was mishandled.