Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Sat Jul 20, 2019 12:06 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 100 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:34 am 
Heavyweight

The.Equalizer wrote:
which environment would be able to prepare and develop Kai as a big man better?

is it the US NCAA Div 1 or the Euro league :shock:

also worth considering is the long term development, not just focusing on the short term.......I think for big men the fundamentals should be developed and reinforced at the early stages of the career...moreso compared to other positions

If we are looking for fundamentals, much better siguro ang Euroleague...

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 8:38 pm 
Light Heavyweight

Much better kung sa EURO League, Look at Luca Doncic. Minamani mani lang ang NBA, and he's only 19. Ano na kaya laro nyan pag mga 25 na? 8)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2019 3:47 pm 
Heavyweight

Silence emphasizes obvious: Europe-bound Kai Sotto has played last game for Ateneo
by RANDOLPH B. LEONGSON
2 HOURS AGO

HAS Kai Sotto played his final game for Ateneo?

That obviously was the case after the Blue Eaglets bowed out of the 2019 Chooks-to-Go NBTC League National Finals, falling to FilAm Sports USA, 90-67, in the Supreme 16 round on Wednesday at Mall of Asia Arena.

The 7-foot-2 prodigy finished with 24 points and eight rebounds in the losing effort but got on the wrong end of a highlight reel when he was posterized by Filipino-American high-flyer Jalen Green in the second quarter.

Even the team appeared to acknowledge that possibility, with the Blue Eaglets giving the gangling Sotto a warm embrace when he trooped to the bench with the outcome beyond doubt.

Sotto is at the crossroads, with European teams intent on securing his services. The wunderkind said he wanted to make a decision once his NBTC obligations ended even before the start of the national high school basketball championship.

That situation, though, changed after the Blue Eaglets emerged from the dugout following the loss. Sotto kept silent, telling the media about his father Ervin's directive to refrain from issuing any more statements.

Pregnant silence.

With Sotto opting to keep mum, the wait continues on his next move. But judging from the 16-year-old's demeanor and word coming out of campus, the answer to the question couldn't be any more obvious.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 5:42 pm 
Heavyweight

Enjoy Euroleague Sotto!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2019 1:44 pm 
Heavyweight

Kai Sotto announces he’s leaving Philippines to pursue NBA dream
by RANDOLPH B. LEONGSON
JUST NOW

The 7-foot-2 Sotto announced his decision to leave Ateneo and go overseas in a lengthy Instagram post on Monday.

"Nakapag-decide na po ako at ang pamilya ko. I'll be leaving soon to start training full-time. I want to devote the next two to three years to single-mindedly focus on my goal of joining the NBA by 2021 or 2022," he wrote.

Sotto has been a dominant force in the local high school basketball scene this past year, winning the UAAP Season 81 Juniors MVP award and leading the Blue Eaglets to a runner-up finish in his third year.

He has yet to lay out a detailed plan on what he will do to get to the NBA, though European clubs including Real Madrid and Barcelona are bent on securing the 16-year-old's services.

Sotto said that he and his family have taken everything in consideration with regards to his future.

"After a lot of effort by me and my dad to assess all the opportunities presented to me, I strongly feel, with his advice and the advice of other experienced mentors, that leaving immediately to start training and getting the right exposure will go a long way to help me realize my dream," he said.

"Pinagisipan ko po ito ng mabuti. I will train very hard and sacrifice and focus in the next few years so that one day soon, you will be very proud of me. Gagawin ko po lahat ng makakaya ko, with the guidance of my dad and mom, to be the very best that I can be."

"Para po ito sa future ko, ng pamilya ko, at especially po, para sa Batang Gilas, Gilas Pilipinas, at higit sa lahat, para sa bayan!," he said. "Sana po all of you will support me and pray for me. I will strive very hard and never let you down."

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2019 2:06 pm 
Heavyweight

Nice! Enjoy your journey towards NBA!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2019 2:12 pm 
Light Heavyweight

Go Kai!

I'm proud to have a Filipino blood.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2019 2:17 pm 
Heavyweight

Seven Sigma wrote:
Go Kai!

I'm proud to have a Filipino blood.

Half Filipino?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2019 2:58 pm 
Cruiserweight

...and half-Filipina :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2019 3:29 pm 
Heavyweight

The.Equalizer wrote:

Hintayin sana natin sagot eh... Kung sasagot ng 1/4, 3/4 Pinay sya... :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2019 3:32 pm 
Cruiserweight

thedarkdragon11 wrote:
The.Equalizer wrote:

Hintayin sana natin sagot eh... Kung sasagot ng 1/4, 3/4 Pinay sya... :lol: :lol: :lol:

:shock:

ambisyosa pa pala ang mahaderang hamog :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2019 3:57 pm 
Heavyweight

The.Equalizer wrote:
thedarkdragon11 wrote:
The.Equalizer wrote:

:shock:

ambisyosa pa pala ang mahaderang hamog :lol: :lol: :lol:

1/100 Pinoy, 60/100 Pinay, 39/100 Pacland handols... :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2019 4:21 pm 
Light Heavyweight

I'm not interested in all your feelings towards me. I'm in a relationship. And I don't like gays. Nothing I say is trumped-up. I will always support Kai in all that he do for the country like I've said I am at least part-Filipino.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2019 7:31 pm 
Heavyweight

Gerald: half Filipino-half American
Pia: half Filipino-half German
Phil: half Filipino-half Brit
Ethan: half Filipino-half Aussie
John: half Filipino-half Filipina
Gloria: half
Blitzky: half empty

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2019 7:49 pm 
Heavyweight

SBP vows full support as Kai Sotto assures availability for PH team
by GERRY RAMOS
1 HOUR AGO

THE Samahang Basketbol ng Pilipinas (SBP) lauded young Kai Sotto for thinking of the welfare of the national team in his decision to take his act overseas.

Sotto on Monday announced that he’ll be leaving for the U.S. soon to undergo full-time training over the next three years in his desire to become the first homegrown Filipino player to make the NBA by 2021 or 2022.

At the same time, he also said the move is aimed not only for his personal growth but likewise, for the future of the national team.

The 7-foot-2 big man out of Ateneo has been named to the 23-man Philippine team training pool for the 2023 FIBA World Cup to be hosted by the country.

SBP President Al Panlilio said the association appreciated the 17-year-old's gesture.

“We commend Kai for his commitment to play for Batang Gilas in the World Cup in Greece, and in future international competitions of the men’s national team, Gilas Pilipinas, including the FIBA World Cup here in 2023,” said Panlilio.

In return, Panlilio said the SBP will help Sotto with whatever he needs in his training abroad.

“The SBP is closely coordinating with the management of Kai to ensure that all his needs are addressed and his stay in the US will be worthwhile and fruitful,” the SBP chief said.

“We are praying together with the rest of our country that the elusive dream of each and every one of us to have a natural-born Filipino to play in the NBA will become a reality.”

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 100 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next