Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Tue Jul 23, 2019 6:30 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 122 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: KAWHI IN CLIPPERS
PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 10:09 pm 
Heavyweight

Just my opinion:

Really don’t get it why Kawhi need to leave a team that he had just led to its 1st championship ever, with an entire country embracing him like a folk hero. Though it’s always been about the bucks, he still can’t be faulted coz he really wants to return home and play with the franchise he grew up loving the game. So whatever makes him happy, he just went with it. And thank goodness, it's not the Lakers he settled with.

It appears Kawhi settled for the other LA team coz prolly he wants to establish a lasting legacy of his own and win as many championships as possible without having to play (and be under the shadow) of arguably contending GOAT in Lebron. Not that playing with Lebron is bad in pure basketball sense, but if you’re 2 alphas in a team, one like a rock star and the other so timid and quiet – it won’t add up to Kawhi’s legacy much more than Lebron when they win rings together.

I’m no Lebron hater, but I’m an MJ fanatic. Of course, I wouldn’t want James to win his 4th, 5th and eventually tie MJ’s no. of rings with help from the Klaw. Even if Kawhi be Finals MVP, it will always be Lebron that’s on spotlight (it’s media’s job coz it’s the one that sells) and takes credit (especially when’s he’s on the twilight of his career).

On the other hand, playing in his beloved hometown as a Clipper and trying to reverse an old-age ‘curse’ is but a herculean task and that winning a crown no less is another legacy for Kawhi that even surpasses what he did in Toronto. How about that, from unluckiest franchises (Raps and Clips) to mother of all surprises to getting that most coveted crowns.

It looks cool coz PG is like a reflection of Kawhi – somewhat injury-prone players who both bounced back to reclaim as who they really are – as 2 of the best 2-way players; both steals champs, all-time defensive players who can explode offensively anytime they want. And both are no ‘divas’, just quiet assassins and stoppers. They could be the best duo since MJ-Pip (pardon to TD-Admiral; Shaq-Kobe; Lebron-Wade) if they win 2-3 rings together.

Clips is a very young team. Already the better LA team and a playoff contender, there’s no way but up for this team. And with Kawhi-PG tandem that stunned the whole basketball world, they’re an instant title favorites. The West again is very tough and we might be seeing the 2 LAs collide in conference finals. Philly beats Milwaukee. It could be Clips vs. Philly in 2020 NBA Finals – the former hoisting its 1st ever title with Kawhi earning his 3rd Finals MVP.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 10:19 pm 
Heavyweight

Good point there Duncs.....If Kawhi can help the Clips win their first ever Finals......then more power to him.....sorry Toronto.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 10:39 pm 
Lightweight

Duncan wrote:
Just my opinion:
The West again is very tough and we might be seeing the 2 LAs collide...

If they collide, the opposing teams are:

James/Davis/McGee/Kuzma/Stephenson

versus

Kawhi/George/Zubac/Williams/Harrell

Magiging magkalaban na ang dating paborito kong magkakampi na sina Stephenson at George. Though kahit idol ko si Stephenson dati sa Pacers, hindi ako bilib kay George (hanggang ngayon). Haha..

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 1:35 am 
Heavyweight

The Lakers might be the worst team in the west. Ouch!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 1:52 am 
Heavyweight

I am Laker fan. But this is good for the league it evens the playing field.

Two superstars in each team is good and makes it interesting.

Magic Johnson move to bring Lebron in LA was a disaster no one wants to play with Lebron except Davis.To top it off Lebron is 35.

:lol:

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 2:23 am 
Heavyweight

Numero uno wrote:
I am Laker fan. But this is good for the league it evens the playing field.

Two superstars in each team is good and makes it interesting.

Magic Johnson move to bring Lebron in LA was a disaster no one wants to play with Lebron except Davis.To top it off Lebron is 35.

:lol:

Yeah.....it stinks so bad even a skunk can't stand the smell.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 6:13 am 
Heavyweight

I still think it will be utah jazz vs lakers in wcf

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 11:25 am 
Heavyweight

simimik wrote:
Duncan wrote:
Just my opinion:
The West again is very tough and we might be seeing the 2 LAs collide...

If they collide, the opposing teams are:

James/Davis/McGee/Kuzma/Stephenson

versus

Kawhi/George/Zubac/Williams/Harrell

Magiging magkalaban na ang dating paborito kong magkakampi na sina Stephenson at George. Though kahit idol ko si Stephenson dati sa Pacers, hindi ako bilib kay George (hanggang ngayon). Haha..

Sometimes we just under-rate those who underachieved in playoffs and title-less, even former MVPs like Westbrook, Harden (and before them - Barkley, Malone).......
Ganun din dati ke Lebron. Baka its confidence-building muna. James only had this killer-instinct after pairing with a winner like Wade.........
We like the tandem of PG-Kawhi as 2nd best option (after a KD-Kawhi super-mega pairing failed).........

:whistle:

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 4:16 pm 
Lightweight

Haha..

Kung may unang bibilib kay Paul George.. sigurado.. ako na yun. Sobra akong naging fanatic ng Indiana Pacers sa panahon ng Hibbert-George-Stephenson tandem laban sa Miami Heat nuon. Sa totoo si Hibbert ang tinuturing kong pinakamagaling na center sa loob ng nagdaang sampung taon (pumapangalawa si Duncan at pangatlo si Embiid). Si Stephenson naman ay kasinghusay na bantay ni Kawhi nuon kontra kay James. Ngunit si George mahina. Nang lumipat siya ng Oklahoma (nakatandem niya pa ang isang mahina na si Westbrook) ganun parin.. mahina.

In analysis, I do not underrate or overrate, kasi kailangan ang magaling na analysis sa pagpusta ko. Alam natin na kapag pera ang pinag-uusapan kailangan ang eksaktong persepsyon. Kapag maniniwala kasi tayo sa purong statistics ng isang NBA player mawawalan tayo ng pera (talo sa pusta).

I rank players according to their championship skills. For example, for me the players who have abilities to be champions without superstar partner in the future are:McCollum, Antetokuonmpo, Murray, Embiid, Harden, Oladipo..

While players who I think could not become champions unless become partners with Kawhi, James or Durant: are Davis, George, Lillard, Westbrook, Paul..

All in all, I consider history, trend, and human emotions in analyzing winning individual or teams.

However, though George is not a championship breed, since he is now working in tandem with Kawhi, I believe he would be inspired, like what happened to Siakam :-)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 5:19 pm 
Heavyweight

simimik wrote:
Haha..

Kung may unang bibilib kay Paul George.. sigurado.. ako na yun. Sobra akong naging fanatic ng Indiana Pacers sa panahon ng Hibbert-George-Stephenson tandem laban sa Miami Heat nuon. Sa totoo si Hibbert ang tinuturing kong pinakamagaling na center sa loob ng nagdaang sampung taon (pumapangalawa si Duncan at pangatlo si Embiid). Si Stephenson naman ay kasinghusay na bantay ni Kawhi nuon kontra kay James. Ngunit si George mahina. Nang lumipat siya ng Oklahoma (nakatandem niya pa ang isang mahina na si Westbrook) ganun parin.. mahina.

In analysis, I do not underrate or overrate, kasi kailangan ang magaling na analysis sa pagpusta ko. Alam natin na kapag pera ang pinag-uusapan kailangan ang eksaktong persepsyon. Kapag maniniwala kasi tayo sa purong statistics ng isang NBA player mawawalan tayo ng pera (talo sa pusta).

I rank players according to their championship skills. For example, for me the players who have abilities to be champions without superstar partner in the future are:McCollum, Antetokuonmpo, Murray, Embiid, Harden, Oladipo..

While players who I think could not become champions unless become partners with Kawhi, James or Durant: are Davis, George, Lillard, Westbrook, Paul..

All in all, I consider history, trend, and human emotions in analyzing winning individual or teams.

However, though George is not a championship breed, since he is now working in tandem with Kawhi, I believe he would be inspired, like what happened to Siakam :-)

Bro sa totoo lang hilong hilo na ako kung ano ba talagang team mo at fave players mo........ :lol:
Pro ok lang just enjoy the game........ :whistle:

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 7:30 pm 
Lightweight

Duncan wrote:
simimik wrote:
Haha..

Bro sa totoo lang hilong hilo na ako kung ano ba talagang team mo at fave players mo........ :lol:
Pro ok lang just enjoy the game........ :whistle:

Nakakahilo ba ako? Ahaha...

Bilang mananaya/mampupusta, panig ako sa mananalo. Ayoko kasing matalo ang pera ko sa Instawin (msw.ph).
Ngunit dito sa Pacland, isa lang ang team ko. Yun ay kung nasaan si Kawhi.
Kaya nga nasabi ko dati kung sakaling pumunta si Kawhi sa Lakers, dun ako. Kung sa Toronto, sa Toronto ako.
Ngunit dahil pumunta siya sa Clippers, sa Clippers ang support ko. At siyempre suportado ko rin lahat ng mga manlalaro nito kasama si George. Kahit hindi ako ganun kabilib kay George natural na magchicheer ako sa kanya.

Kung sa Clippers ka din, magkasama tayo.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 7:55 pm 
Light Heavyweight

Fans ni Kahwi si Simimik. Kaya kung saan si Kahwi doon siya. :D

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 11:01 pm 
Lightweight

zuma wrote:
Fans ni Kahwi si Simimik. Kaya kung saan si Kahwi doon siya. :D

Tama ka zuma!

Ewan ko ba dito kay Pareng Duncan dahil kahit siya yung una kong naging kapartner sa pagcheer kay Kawhi sa "Kawhi in Raptors" nalilito pa sa akin. Sa totoo sinabi ko naman sa una kong post sa "Kawhi in Raptors" ang mga salitang, "PS. TS is a Kawhi fan".

Ang iba ngang mga commenter kagaya ni JABEZJ at Mang Romy alam na alam ang stand ko. Ngayon, kung mali ako at nalilito din sila.. may problema siguro ako sa pagsulat. Pasensiya nalang po siguro. :-)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:37 am 

IF

masyado pa maaga pero sabihin ko na din.

I think hindi sure ball na kung sakali manalo eh Finals MVP si Kawhi. Paul George is coming off a career high 28ppg last season. and he seems hungry.

"When a table is normalized, the non-key columns depend on the key, the whole key, and nothing but the key." - a DBA

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 9:23 am 
Heavyweight

It will be an interesting match-up if Lakers and Clippers will meet in WCF...

James-Davis tandem vs. Leonard-George

Depende na lang kung sino ang supporting casts ng dalawang teams...
Coach will also be a big factor...Doc vs Thibs..

Tingin ko, James and Davis will prevail..
And in the process, James will win his 4th ring and his 4th Finals MVP...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 122 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9  Next