Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Tue Jul 23, 2019 6:30 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 122 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: KAWHI IN CLIPPERS
PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 10:09 pm 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 1:40 pm
Posts: 13034
Location: Batang Quezon
Just my opinion:

Really don’t get it why Kawhi need to leave a team that he had just led to its 1st championship ever, with an entire country embracing him like a folk hero. Though it’s always been about the bucks, he still can’t be faulted coz he really wants to return home and play with the franchise he grew up loving the game. So whatever makes him happy, he just went with it. And thank goodness, it's not the Lakers he settled with.

It appears Kawhi settled for the other LA team coz prolly he wants to establish a lasting legacy of his own and win as many championships as possible without having to play (and be under the shadow) of arguably contending GOAT in Lebron. Not that playing with Lebron is bad in pure basketball sense, but if you’re 2 alphas in a team, one like a rock star and the other so timid and quiet – it won’t add up to Kawhi’s legacy much more than Lebron when they win rings together.

I’m no Lebron hater, but I’m an MJ fanatic. Of course, I wouldn’t want James to win his 4th, 5th and eventually tie MJ’s no. of rings with help from the Klaw. Even if Kawhi be Finals MVP, it will always be Lebron that’s on spotlight (it’s media’s job coz it’s the one that sells) and takes credit (especially when’s he’s on the twilight of his career).

On the other hand, playing in his beloved hometown as a Clipper and trying to reverse an old-age ‘curse’ is but a herculean task and that winning a crown no less is another legacy for Kawhi that even surpasses what he did in Toronto. How about that, from unluckiest franchises (Raps and Clips) to mother of all surprises to getting that most coveted crowns.

It looks cool coz PG is like a reflection of Kawhi – somewhat injury-prone players who both bounced back to reclaim as who they really are – as 2 of the best 2-way players; both steals champs, all-time defensive players who can explode offensively anytime they want. And both are no ‘divas’, just quiet assassins and stoppers. They could be the best duo since MJ-Pip (pardon to TD-Admiral; Shaq-Kobe; Lebron-Wade) if they win 2-3 rings together.

Clips is a very young team. Already the better LA team and a playoff contender, there’s no way but up for this team. And with Kawhi-PG tandem that stunned the whole basketball world, they’re an instant title favorites. The West again is very tough and we might be seeing the 2 LAs collide in conference finals. Philly beats Milwaukee. It could be Clips vs. Philly in 2020 NBA Finals – the former hoisting its 1st ever title with Kawhi earning his 3rd Finals MVP.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: KAWHI IN CLIPPERS
PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 10:19 pm 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 16, 2010 8:59 am
Posts: 20244
Good point there Duncs.....If Kawhi can help the Clips win their first ever Finals......then more power to him.....sorry Toronto.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: KAWHI IN CLIPPERS
PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 10:39 pm 
Offline
Lightweight
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 02, 2015 3:41 am
Posts: 166
Duncan wrote:
Just my opinion:
...
The West again is very tough and we might be seeing the 2 LAs collide...


If they collide, the opposing teams are:

James/Davis/McGee/Kuzma/Stephenson

versus

Kawhi/George/Zubac/Williams/Harrell

Magiging magkalaban na ang dating paborito kong magkakampi na sina Stephenson at George. Though kahit idol ko si Stephenson dati sa Pacers, hindi ako bilib kay George (hanggang ngayon). Haha..


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: KAWHI IN CLIPPERS
PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 1:35 am 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 10, 2005 10:56 am
Posts: 22750
Location: Paradise
The Lakers might be the worst team in the west. Ouch!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: KAWHI IN CLIPPERS
PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 1:52 am 
Offline
Heavyweight

Joined: Wed Aug 09, 2006 4:21 am
Posts: 4185
I am Laker fan. But this is good for the league it evens the playing field.

Two superstars in each team is good and makes it interesting.

Magic Johnson move to bring Lebron in LA was a disaster no one wants to play with Lebron except Davis.To top it off Lebron is 35.

:lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: KAWHI IN CLIPPERS
PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 2:23 am 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 16, 2010 8:59 am
Posts: 20244
Numero uno wrote:
I am Laker fan. But this is good for the league it evens the playing field.

Two superstars in each team is good and makes it interesting.

Magic Johnson move to bring Lebron in LA was a disaster no one wants to play with Lebron except Davis.To top it off Lebron is 35.

:lol:

Yeah.....it stinks so bad even a skunk can't stand the smell.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: KAWHI IN CLIPPERS
PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 6:13 am 
Online
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 03, 2008 10:06 am
Posts: 27397
Location: neverland
I still think it will be utah jazz vs lakers in wcf

_________________
why suffer to buy expensive stuffs when the best things in life are done naked?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: KAWHI IN CLIPPERS
PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 11:25 am 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 1:40 pm
Posts: 13034
Location: Batang Quezon
simimik wrote:
Duncan wrote:
Just my opinion:
...
The West again is very tough and we might be seeing the 2 LAs collide...


If they collide, the opposing teams are:

James/Davis/McGee/Kuzma/Stephenson

versus

Kawhi/George/Zubac/Williams/Harrell

Magiging magkalaban na ang dating paborito kong magkakampi na sina Stephenson at George. Though kahit idol ko si Stephenson dati sa Pacers, hindi ako bilib kay George (hanggang ngayon). Haha..


Sometimes we just under-rate those who underachieved in playoffs and title-less, even former MVPs like Westbrook, Harden (and before them - Barkley, Malone).......
Ganun din dati ke Lebron. Baka its confidence-building muna. James only had this killer-instinct after pairing with a winner like Wade.........
We like the tandem of PG-Kawhi as 2nd best option (after a KD-Kawhi super-mega pairing failed).........

:whistle:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: KAWHI IN CLIPPERS
PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 4:16 pm 
Offline
Lightweight
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 02, 2015 3:41 am
Posts: 166
Haha..

Kung may unang bibilib kay Paul George.. sigurado.. ako na yun. Sobra akong naging fanatic ng Indiana Pacers sa panahon ng Hibbert-George-Stephenson tandem laban sa Miami Heat nuon. Sa totoo si Hibbert ang tinuturing kong pinakamagaling na center sa loob ng nagdaang sampung taon (pumapangalawa si Duncan at pangatlo si Embiid). Si Stephenson naman ay kasinghusay na bantay ni Kawhi nuon kontra kay James. Ngunit si George mahina. Nang lumipat siya ng Oklahoma (nakatandem niya pa ang isang mahina na si Westbrook) ganun parin.. mahina.

In analysis, I do not underrate or overrate, kasi kailangan ang magaling na analysis sa pagpusta ko. Alam natin na kapag pera ang pinag-uusapan kailangan ang eksaktong persepsyon. Kapag maniniwala kasi tayo sa purong statistics ng isang NBA player mawawalan tayo ng pera (talo sa pusta).

I rank players according to their championship skills. For example, for me the players who have abilities to be champions without superstar partner in the future are:McCollum, Antetokuonmpo, Murray, Embiid, Harden, Oladipo..

While players who I think could not become champions unless become partners with Kawhi, James or Durant: are Davis, George, Lillard, Westbrook, Paul..

All in all, I consider history, trend, and human emotions in analyzing winning individual or teams.

However, though George is not a championship breed, since he is now working in tandem with Kawhi, I believe he would be inspired, like what happened to Siakam :-)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: KAWHI IN CLIPPERS
PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 5:19 pm 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 1:40 pm
Posts: 13034
Location: Batang Quezon
simimik wrote:
Haha..

Kung may unang bibilib kay Paul George.. sigurado.. ako na yun. Sobra akong naging fanatic ng Indiana Pacers sa panahon ng Hibbert-George-Stephenson tandem laban sa Miami Heat nuon. Sa totoo si Hibbert ang tinuturing kong pinakamagaling na center sa loob ng nagdaang sampung taon (pumapangalawa si Duncan at pangatlo si Embiid). Si Stephenson naman ay kasinghusay na bantay ni Kawhi nuon kontra kay James. Ngunit si George mahina. Nang lumipat siya ng Oklahoma (nakatandem niya pa ang isang mahina na si Westbrook) ganun parin.. mahina.

In analysis, I do not underrate or overrate, kasi kailangan ang magaling na analysis sa pagpusta ko. Alam natin na kapag pera ang pinag-uusapan kailangan ang eksaktong persepsyon. Kapag maniniwala kasi tayo sa purong statistics ng isang NBA player mawawalan tayo ng pera (talo sa pusta).

I rank players according to their championship skills. For example, for me the players who have abilities to be champions without superstar partner in the future are:McCollum, Antetokuonmpo, Murray, Embiid, Harden, Oladipo..

While players who I think could not become champions unless become partners with Kawhi, James or Durant: are Davis, George, Lillard, Westbrook, Paul..

All in all, I consider history, trend, and human emotions in analyzing winning individual or teams.

However, though George is not a championship breed, since he is now working in tandem with Kawhi, I believe he would be inspired, like what happened to Siakam :-)


Bro sa totoo lang hilong hilo na ako kung ano ba talagang team mo at fave players mo........ :lol:
Pro ok lang just enjoy the game........ :whistle:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: KAWHI IN CLIPPERS
PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 7:30 pm 
Offline
Lightweight
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 02, 2015 3:41 am
Posts: 166
Duncan wrote:
simimik wrote:
Haha..

Kung may unang bibilib kay Paul George.. sigurado.. ako na yun. Sobra akong naging fanatic ng Indiana Pacers sa panahon ng Hibbert-George-Stephenson tandem laban sa Miami Heat nuon. Sa totoo si Hibbert ang tinuturing kong pinakamagaling na center sa loob ng nagdaang sampung taon (pumapangalawa si Duncan at pangatlo si Embiid). Si Stephenson naman ay kasinghusay na bantay ni Kawhi nuon kontra kay James. Ngunit si George mahina. Nang lumipat siya ng Oklahoma (nakatandem niya pa ang isang mahina na si Westbrook) ganun parin.. mahina.

In analysis, I do not underrate or overrate, kasi kailangan ang magaling na analysis sa pagpusta ko. Alam natin na kapag pera ang pinag-uusapan kailangan ang eksaktong persepsyon. Kapag maniniwala kasi tayo sa purong statistics ng isang NBA player mawawalan tayo ng pera (talo sa pusta).

I rank players according to their championship skills. For example, for me the players who have abilities to be champions without superstar partner in the future are:McCollum, Antetokuonmpo, Murray, Embiid, Harden, Oladipo..

While players who I think could not become champions unless become partners with Kawhi, James or Durant: are Davis, George, Lillard, Westbrook, Paul..

All in all, I consider history, trend, and human emotions in analyzing winning individual or teams.

However, though George is not a championship breed, since he is now working in tandem with Kawhi, I believe he would be inspired, like what happened to Siakam :-)


Bro sa totoo lang hilong hilo na ako kung ano ba talagang team mo at fave players mo........ :lol:
Pro ok lang just enjoy the game........ :whistle:


Nakakahilo ba ako? Ahaha...

Bilang mananaya/mampupusta, panig ako sa mananalo. Ayoko kasing matalo ang pera ko sa Instawin (msw.ph).
Ngunit dito sa Pacland, isa lang ang team ko. Yun ay kung nasaan si Kawhi.
Kaya nga nasabi ko dati kung sakaling pumunta si Kawhi sa Lakers, dun ako. Kung sa Toronto, sa Toronto ako.
Ngunit dahil pumunta siya sa Clippers, sa Clippers ang support ko. At siyempre suportado ko rin lahat ng mga manlalaro nito kasama si George. Kahit hindi ako ganun kabilib kay George natural na magchicheer ako sa kanya.

Kung sa Clippers ka din, magkasama tayo.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: KAWHI IN CLIPPERS
PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 7:55 pm 
Offline
Light Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 21, 2005 10:43 pm
Posts: 1229
Location: Lawang Bato
Fans ni Kahwi si Simimik. Kaya kung saan si Kahwi doon siya. :D

_________________
Boss....san ba C.R. dito???


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: KAWHI IN CLIPPERS
PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 11:01 pm 
Offline
Lightweight
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 02, 2015 3:41 am
Posts: 166
zuma wrote:
Fans ni Kahwi si Simimik. Kaya kung saan si Kahwi doon siya. :D


Tama ka zuma!

Ewan ko ba dito kay Pareng Duncan dahil kahit siya yung una kong naging kapartner sa pagcheer kay Kawhi sa "Kawhi in Raptors" nalilito pa sa akin. Sa totoo sinabi ko naman sa una kong post sa "Kawhi in Raptors" ang mga salitang, "PS. TS is a Kawhi fan".

Ang iba ngang mga commenter kagaya ni JABEZJ at Mang Romy alam na alam ang stand ko. Ngayon, kung mali ako at nalilito din sila.. may problema siguro ako sa pagsulat. Pasensiya nalang po siguro. :-)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: KAWHI IN CLIPPERS
PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:37 am 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 01, 2003 9:08 am
Posts: 14912
Location: Terra; Gaia ; Ar-i-du
IF

masyado pa maaga pero sabihin ko na din.

I think hindi sure ball na kung sakali manalo eh Finals MVP si Kawhi. Paul George is coming off a career high 28ppg last season. and he seems hungry.

_________________
“You create your own universe as you go along.” ― Winston Churchill

"When a table is normalized, the non-key columns depend on the key, the whole key, and nothing but the key." - a DBA


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: KAWHI IN CLIPPERS
PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 9:23 am 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 27, 2010 11:38 am
Posts: 27715
Location: Southeast Asia
It will be an interesting match-up if Lakers and Clippers will meet in WCF...

James-Davis tandem vs. Leonard-George

Depende na lang kung sino ang supporting casts ng dalawang teams...
Coach will also be a big factor...Doc vs Thibs..

Tingin ko, James and Davis will prevail..
And in the process, James will win his 4th ring and his 4th Finals MVP...

_________________
“YESTERDAY IS HISTORY, TOMORROW A MYSTERY, AND TODAY
A GIFT…THAT’S WHY IT IS CALLED THE PRESENT “.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 122 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9  Next

All times are UTC + 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Romy Nabas and 5 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

philboxing.com | pinoygreats.com
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group