Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Sat Jul 20, 2019 6:11 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 2:14 am 
Heavyweight

I think Tamayo should train in America. I think he could improve his handles, passing, and foot work.

This kid showed potential.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 7:20 am 

ayus Tinalo China.

Talagang malaki na improvement ng mga bata natin.

i remember even sa ASIA u19. TAMBAKERS tayo lagi sa China.

now Fiba WORLD U19 pa. sila naman ang tambak .... at yung sa NZ panalo pa sana pero good job pa din..

Congrats U19 Team!!

:D

"When a table is normalized, the non-key columns depend on the key, the whole key, and nothing but the key." - a DBA

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2019 7:40 pm 
Heavyweight

Future core of Gilas should look like this :

Kai Sotto
Kobe Paras
AJ Edu
Carl Tamayo
Dave Idefonso
Dalph Panopio
Renz Abando
James Spencer

Pls no more players below 6 feet in height :biglaugh:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 4:25 am 
Heavyweight

bryant wrote:

Pls no more players below 6 feet in height :biglaugh:

I know where you're coming from with your comment, but I beg to disagree.

Think Jimmy Alapag. He was the shortest guy in the Gilas World Cup lineup. But he made the biggest plays that gave us our only win.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:17 am 

oh hah!

Tambak CHina!!!

Di ko akalain in my lifetime makapanood ako ng ganito! Salamat sa inyo mga bata!! 2019 U19 Philippine team!!

Di nyo lang alam kung gano ka- satispaying to para sakin.. Fiba world U19 to mga kosa.

"When a table is normalized, the non-key columns depend on the key, the whole key, and nothing but the key." - a DBA

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:29 am 
Heavyweight

miron_lang wrote:
oh hah!

Tambak CHina!!!

Di ko akalain in my lifetime makapanood ako ng ganito! Salamat sa inyo mga bata!! 2019 U19 Philippine team!!

Di nyo lang alam kung gano ka- satispaying to para sakin.. Fiba world U19 to mga kosa.

Agree with mod on this...
May NBA prospects ang under 19 ng China pero tinalo ng Pinas kahit wala si Edu...
If that's the case, in 5~10 years magiging atin ulit ang gold medal sa FIBA Asia pati sa Asian Games... :D

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:57 am 

JABEZJ wrote:
in 5~10 years magiging atin ulit ang gold medal sa FIBA Asia pati sa Asian Games... :D

sana sana

This is the 2nd greatest win in my lifetime. the 1st is the win against Senegal in FIba World 2014 when gilas finish ahead of 3 teams.

young people of today does not even realize the position or standing that we are in right now... Of course it varies from tournament to tournament but basically .. The Philippines has been in the most competitive state basketball wise since 1975.

of course we have dominated asia in the 50's, 60's and maybe early 70's but since the PBA was formed. With the exception of NCC and the 1982 youth, China and South Korea have been mopping the asian floor with the RP national team jerseys....

They take pleasure in stabbing our hearts...Gilas program lang talaga nagbalik sa atin.

so ngayong panahon na to ang pinakamalakas na team ang na po produce natin since 1975. and we should be 'REALISTIC' on the things we want to achieve......

participating in FIBA World or hopefully the Olympics should be the ultimate goals

winning in asia is also a good target..

ok na yan..... me Bronze medal na tayo sa FIba World... wala na ibang asian team makakagawa nyan :D

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:28 am 

miron_lang wrote:
JABEZJ wrote:
in 5~10 years magiging atin ulit ang gold medal sa FIBA Asia pati sa Asian Games... :D

sana sana

This is the 2nd greatest win in my lifetime. the 1st is the win against Senegal in FIba World 2014 when gilas finish ahead of 3 teams.

young people of today does not even realize the position or standing that we are in right now... Of course it varies from tournament to tournament but basically .. The Philippines has been in the most competitive state basketball wise since 1975.

of course we have dominated asia in the 50's, 60's and maybe early 70's but since the PBA was formed. With the exception of NCC and the 1982 youth, China and South Korea have been mopping the asian floor with the RP national team jerseys....

They take pleasure in stabbing our hearts...Gilas program lang talaga nagbalik sa atin.

so ngayong panahon na to ang pinakamalakas na team ang na po produce natin since 1975. and we should be 'REALISTIC' on the things we want to achieve......

participating in FIBA World or hopefully the Olympics should be the ultimate goals

winning in asia is also a good target..

ok na yan..... me Bronze medal na tayo sa FIba World... wala na ibang asian team makakagawa nyan :D

Pareng Miron how are you! Haha...let's start talking basketball again..especially that the World Cup is coming this August..

Yeah, our boys most of them are full of potential. The thing is in my honest opinion this U-19 squad should have less accountability to the country...(different to the massive pressure applied on the shoulders of our senior team) kasi nga mga bata pa ito where the development of their knowledge and skills to the game of basketball lies more from their coaches and to the whole program of the SBP. I can't blame much the solitary victory of the team in this latest tournament on Sotto, Panopio, Tamayo and the rest..i can't even think of who is to cut at this time. My point is simple, the coaches are the ones to blame for the dismal single victory. In my cautious and objective view, we could have salvaged at least 3 victories..on China as registered but also on New Zealand and Greece we should have won only if we had better and or effective coaches. Youth basketball does not only teaches team basketball and its system, but also one-to-one and or heart-to-heart personal training for each player.

Remember the fabled Philippine youth team in 1982 featuring Hector Calma, the late Alfie Almario, Tonichi Yturri, Jong Uichico and the rest that clobbered the mighty Chinese squad which reigned the Asian youth basketball for at least 3 stagings (6 years).

Before that 1982 squad was formed, China was viewed as unbeatable. Until Ron Jacobs came and taught basic basketball to our young players who all became effective players in the PBA. We beat China that year because these young Filipino players were properly guided and taught well how to play the game not only of the system of the team but also of their individual roles, tendencies and instincts.

There seems to be a wrong mindset from our basketball leaders in setting up our youth basketball program. Para sakin dahil mga bata yan ibigay natin ang isa sa pinakamagaling nating coaches sa bansa. Kung ang ibibigay nating coaches ay kulang din sa exposure hindi ma ilalabas ang dapat ibuga ng mga batang yan sa youth level. Since mga bata yan mas lalong dapat top coaches ang gumabay sa kanila.

Tab Baldwin was mentioned by PBA coaching legend Tommy Manotoc as an ideal coach for our youth team. I am inclined to agree as look at how Ateneo played well in that international tournament where these young players (Ravena and co.,) went up against players and gained respect by playing just at par with them.

Nice talking basketball again!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2019 8:43 pm 
Heavyweight

JABEZJ wrote:
miron_lang wrote:
oh hah!

Tambak CHina!!!

Agree with mod on this...
May NBA prospects ang under 19 ng China pero tinalo ng Pinas kahit wala si Edu...
If that's the case, in 5~10 years magiging atin ulit ang gold medal sa FIBA Asia pati sa Asian Games... :D

Mahirap yan. Take note kasama na natin Australia at NZ ngayon. Asian games, maybe.

It takes forever to know everything.