Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Wed Dec 11, 2019 2:02 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 264 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 18  Next
PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2019 2:25 am 
Heavyweight

Langyang #puso yan

Kelan kaya papalitan ng galis este gilas yan na #utak naman

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2019 2:31 am 
Heavyweight

zuma wrote:
Baka sa Serbia 100 na itambak sa Gilas.

8)

Baka di paiskorin ang galis

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2019 2:39 am 
Welterweight

Duncan wrote:
Basta hwag lang magchamp US, masaya na ako........ :biglaugh:

Sa tingin ko Serbia ang magchachampion sa FIBA World Cup 2019.

Pareho magaling ang Serbia at US. Kaya lang mas mababa ang mga player ng US.
Kaya mananalo ang Serbia. :-)

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2019 7:34 am 
Heavyweight

Gilas looked lost and disorganized. You can't really blame the players and coaching staff. Blame the PBA for this debacle. They should shorten the conferences to make way for proper preparation.

Although I don't blame CYG, I just think that Tab Baldwin has the international experience to make a big difference.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2019 8:20 am 
Heavyweight

chitotwothousandseven wrote:
Duncan wrote:

They will be bro duncs and pop will get the credit :D :D

If they lose kasi C players kasi, if they win becoz they have goat coach. Safe si pop.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2019 10:26 am 
Heavyweight

theDon wrote:
Gilas looked lost and disorganized. You can't really blame the players and coaching staff. Blame the PBA for this debacle. They should shorten the conferences to make way for proper preparation.

Although I don't blame CYG, I just think that Tab Baldwin has the international experience to make a big difference.

The PBA has to make sacrifices. Their gate attendance lately has not been as good. If they help out Gilas more, and if Gilas does better even at just the Asian level, there will be more fan interest in the PBA. I think PBA has the longest season of any basketball league in the world.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2019 10:49 am 
Heavyweight

Sargo wrote:
theDon wrote:

The PBA has to make sacrifices. Their gate attendance lately has not been as good. If they help out Gilas more, and if Gilas does better even at just the Asian level, there will be more fan interest in the PBA. [b]I think PBA has the longest season of any basketball league in the world[/b].

do you count the NBA there? 82 games? :D

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2019 10:50 am 
Heavyweight

Sargo wrote:
theDon wrote:

The PBA has to make sacrifices. Their gate attendance lately has not been as good. If they help out Gilas more, and if Gilas does better even at just the Asian level, there will be more fan interest in the PBA. I think PBA has the longest season of any basketball league in the world.

Way back in 2013 when Gilas won over Korea and in 2014 where they were competitive against top World Cup teams, the PBA had a surge in attendance (don't ask me for proof, just my observation).

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2019 10:52 am 
Heavyweight

mhaylove wrote:
Duncan wrote:

They will be bro duncs and pop will get the credit :D :D

If they lose kasi C players kasi, if they win becoz they have goat coach. Safe si pop.

yup. mas ok panoorin ang FIBA WORLD pag ganyan, competitive pa rin, pag A players kasi from USA, alam na agad :D

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2019 10:53 am 
Heavyweight

theDon wrote:
Sargo wrote:
theDon wrote:

Way back in 2013 when Gilas won over Korea and in 2014 where they were competitive against top World Cup teams, the PBA had a surge in attendance (don't ask me for proof, just my observation).

huh? kelan nangyare ito... he he he

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2019 1:10 pm 
Heavyweight

tadaaaaaaah, i'm back.

smart galis were BUMS, are still BUMS, and forever will be BUMS

asa pa mga pandak.
ginawa na lahat, dagdag ng negro,arabo,chekwa,naturalized penoy, pekeng penoy, pati fermented penoy
wala pa rin yan.
BUMS pa rin ang pinoy sa beskeytbol na larong ginawa ng higante para sa mga higante.
mag protesta kayo sa beskeytbol associations na dapat gawing 6feet lang ang taas ng ring para may laban bwahaha
e di mas lalong walang kapagod-pagod panalo ng mga chekwa,arabo sa inyo. di na nila kailangan tumalon.
bwahahaha

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2019 1:18 pm 
Featherweight

Sargo wrote:
theDon wrote:

The PBA has to make sacrifices. Their gate attendance lately has not been as good. If they help out Gilas more, and if Gilas does better even at just the Asian level, there will be more fan interest in the PBA. [b]I think PBA has the longest season of any basketball league in the world[/b].

do you count the NBA there? 82 games? :D

Yes, there’s an 82 games for NBA but looked for the schedule against the PBA. NBA usually starts its pre-season from late September or early October, then regular season from November up to June of next year =9 months; whereas the PBA and based from 2018 season, Philippine Cup: Dec. 17, 2017 – April 06, 2018; Commissioners Cup: April 22, – Aug 8, 2018; Governors Cup: Aug 17 – Dec 19, 2018….then Jan 2019 starts again for the all Filipino cup… so if you can see those mentioned PBA schedules against NBA, PBA has the most hectic schedule compare to the former. Yes, there are more games in NBA but how many NBA teams compare to the PBA? I believe this is one of the main problems for Philippine Men’s basketball team lack of preparation. And since the representative for FIBA games are coming from the PBA… Philippine basketball government agencies should have a proper program with the PBA that will make them a win-win situation to solve the problem. I am not saying that if we will do this we can have the FIBA World Cup Trophy, No; it’s about competitiveness, because it’s already given that we cannot match the might of the developed countries against this kind of sport. For me qualifying in a World Cup is already equivalent for a championship trophy and winning a game in a world cup game is an added bonus. I think better yet, to consider that Philippine Men’s basketball team is already magaling, first re-capture again the basketball supremacy in ASIA, which mahirap na sa ngayon lalo pa’t kasama na ang Australia at New Zealand sa FIBA Asia, not to mentioned the rise from the middle east Asian countries..siguro top 3 na lang sa ASIA…

Opinion lang po and God Bless.. 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2019 2:14 pm 
Lightweight

Philippines will never ever be a FIBA champion.... Its participation will always just for the spirit of international sport of basketball.. Period.

If there is basketball league that can create divisions according to height, say Division for only 6ft flat players, and so on, maybe Philippines will have a damn chance. :D :lol:

If boxing have divisions why not basketball too .. if boxing have lower to higher weight divisions..
Why is it that basketball can not have shorter to taller heights divisions ?

Just my st#p1d idea for those hopeless teams which could never ever get a championship trophy. :lol: :D

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2019 2:26 pm 
Featherweight

Rizi_man wrote:
Philippines will never ever be a FIBA champion.... Its participation will always just for the spirit of international sport of basketball.. Period.

If there is basketball league that can create divisions according to height, say Division for only 6ft flat players, and so on, maybe Philippines will have a damn chance. :D :lol:

If boxing have divisions why not basketball too .. if boxing have lower to higher weight divisions..
Why is it that basketball can not have shorter to taller heights divisions ?

Just my st#p1d idea for those hopeless teams which could never ever get a championship trophy. :lol: :D

FIBA World Cup – agree.....FIBA Asia – maybe :-)

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2019 7:23 pm 
Heavyweight

All's not lost when it comes to Phil. basketball. Our performance in 2014 FIBA World Cup alone made it a point. Only if JC made it to Gilas lineup in this China tourney could make a difference. Honestly hindi ako bilib ke Blatche ever since. We could do away on naturalization of foreign player and we still could compete at least in FIBA Asia. Basketball is still our national pastime no matter what. Filipino youths are growing, there are courts everywhere, young bloods will fill the gap for sure and they'll be talented as ever.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 264 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 18  Next