Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Sat May 30, 2020 9:28 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 42389 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 2826  Next
 Post subject: Re: SPURS-92, ROCKETS 84
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 5:03 pm 
Heavyweight

boholano wrote:
HOUSTON (AP) - Tim Duncan had 19 points and 15 rebounds as the San Antonio Spurs rallied from 19 points down in the third quarter to beat the Houston Rockets 92-84 on Tuesday night.

Manu Ginobili scored 13 of his 19 points in the second half as the Spurs beat the Rockets for the seventh straight time.

Francisco Elson scored 12 and Robert Horry added 10 for San Antonio, which has won its first four road games for the first time in franchise history.

Tracy McGrady scored 26 for the Rockets, but he had only five in the second half. Yao Ming , who had topped 30 points in his last two games, scored 20 and was just 7-for-21 from the field.

The Rockets led 74-55 after a 3-pointer by Rafer Alston with 4:57 left in the third quarter. They missed 13 consecutive shots after that and went 2-of-17 in the fourth.

The Spurs outscored Houston 21-9 in the final quarter.

Thanks for the update man!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 5:10 pm 
Heavyweight

Spurs Overcome Late Deficit, Down Rockets

HOUSTON, Nov. 14 (AP) -- San Antonio's reserves bailed out the stars on Tuesday night and sparked a comeback victory over the Houston Rockets.

Tim Duncan had 19 points and 15 rebounds, but the game began to turn when he was on the bench and the Spurs rallied from 19 points down to win 92-84.

Gregg Popovich benched Tony Parker along with Duncan and the rest of the starters after Houston built a 74-55 lead in the third quarter.

With the two All-Stars out, the Spurs mounted a 20-1 spurt, holding Houston without a field goal for eight minutes. Beno Udrih sank two 3-pointers and turned a steal into a breakaway layup to cut the Rockets' lead to 75-71 heading to the fourth.

``Our bench did one heck of a job to get us back in it,'' Duncan said. ``Pop took us out because we were turning the ball over and not making shots. But our bench came in and they were the difference.''

Francisco Elson had 12, Udrih added 11 and Robert Horry had 10 off the bench to propel the Spurs to their seventh straight win over the Rockets.

Reserves Michael Finley and Horry scored early in the fourth to cap the run and tie the game.

source: http://www.nba.com/games/20061114/SASHOU/recap.html

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 11:20 am 
Welterweight

spurs are trailing the whipping boys this season in overtime, AT HOME. sheeks, thats ugly

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 12:11 pm 
Heavyweight

a rookie outshines the spurs on this night. what an upset, good nihgt for vega$

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 1:23 pm 
Heavyweight

BOBCATS SHOCK SPURS IN OT

SAN ANTONIO, Nov. 15 (AP) -- Adam Morrison decided to relax a little bit after putting too much pressure on himself in the first few games of his career.

The idea paid off as Morrison scored 27 points, surpassing his career high from one night earlier, and the Charlotte Bobcats beat the San Antonio Spurs 95-92 in overtime Wednesday night.

``The coaches were telling me I was putting too much pressure on myself,'' Morrison said. ``Everyone was expecting so much out of me, especially at the pick I went (third overall).''

Morrison started the season shooting 32 percent, including 10-of-43 (23 percent) through five straight games before Tuesday. But he has gone 21-for-41 the past two nights in Oklahoma City and San Antonio.

``This is a big win for us,'' Morrison said. ``We've been in all those games we lost, so to finally get one is exciting.''

Emeka Okafor added 19 points for Charlotte (2-6), which had lost four straight. It was the first victory over the Spurs in Bobcats franchise history after four previous tries.

Tony Parker scored 25 points and Tim Duncan added 24 and 13 rebounds for the Spurs (6-2), who had won five straight games...

source: http://www.nba.com/games/20061115/CHASAS/recap.html

Deym, another sorry home lost for the SPURS... :banghead:

Last edited by Mojazz on Thu Nov 16, 2006 1:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 1:34 pm 
Cruiserweight

Mojazz wrote:
BOBCATS SHOCK SPURS IN OT

SAN ANTONIO, Nov. 15 (AP) -- Adam Morrison decided to relax a little bit after putting too much pressure on himself in the first few games of his career.

The idea paid off as Morrison scored 27 points, surpassing his career high from one night earlier, and the Charlotte Bobcats beat the San Antonio Spurs 95-92 in overtime Wednesday night.

``The coaches were telling me I was putting too much pressure on myself,'' Morrison said. ``Everyone was expecting so much out of me, especially at the pick I went (third overall).''

Morrison started the season shooting 32 percent, including 10-of-43 (23 percent) through five straight games before Tuesday. But he has gone 21-for-41 the past two nights in Oklahoma City and San Antonio.

``This is a big win for us,'' Morrison said. ``We've been in all those games we lost, so to finally get one is exciting.''

Emeka Okafor added 19 points for Charlotte (2-6), which had lost four straight. It was the first victory over the Spurs in Bobcats franchise history after four previous tries.

Tony Parker scored 25 points and Tim Duncan added 24 and 13 rebounds for the Spurs (6-2), who had won five straight games...

source: http://www.nba.com/games/20061115/CHASAS/recap.html

Deym, another sorry home lost for the SPURS...

yup. i was at the game. those kind of games will haunt us if dallas or houston will give us a tight race for the division title which i expect...i thought pop should have given the bench players more time in the 4th quarter when the spurs tied it at the 9 minute mark he pulled out udrih and elson and then finley (who had the hot hands) when they had the momentum going....tsk.tsk..turnovers killed us too....anyway, the baby bulls are coming to town on friday...

...I look at the stonecutter hammering away at his rock,perhaps a hundred times without as much as a crack showing in it.Yet at the hundred and first blow it will split in two,and i know it was not that blow that did it, but all that had gone before...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 1:38 pm 
Cruiserweight

Don't despair my friend, Note that both of their losses are the tail-end of back to back games. Our Spurs are not in top shape yet, and yet we are running second in the Midwest standings.

Before it's all over, we'll win the West again and claim the 4th championship in 9 years!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 1:38 pm 
Heavyweight

boholano wrote:
yup. i was at the game. those kind of games will haunt us if dallas or houston will give us a tight race for the division title which i expect...i thought pop should have given the bench players more time in the 4th quarter when the spurs tied it at the 9 minute mark he pulled out udrih and elson and then finley (who had the hot hands) when they had the momentum going....tsk.tsk..turnovers killed us too....anyway, the baby bulls are coming to town on friday...

This is a very disappointing day so far... first, bobpac got overweight, now, SPURS lost on Bobcats!!! Hmmm, Bob's are haunting me today!!! :biglaugh:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 1:52 pm 
Cruiserweight

hands_of_stone wrote:
Don't despair my friend, Note that both of their losses are the tail-end of back to back games. Our Spurs are not in top shape yet, and yet we are running second in the Midwest standings.

Before it's all over, we'll win the West again and claim the 4th championship in 9 years!

AMEN!..THAT MEANS MY BRAND NEW LEATHER JACKET THAT HAS "3-TIME NBA CHAMPIONS " in the back will be obsolete next year.. huh..AMEN..

...I look at the stonecutter hammering away at his rock,perhaps a hundred times without as much as a crack showing in it.Yet at the hundred and first blow it will split in two,and i know it was not that blow that did it, but all that had gone before...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 2:25 pm 
Welterweight

adam morrison burned bruce bowen for 27 points, the rook scored aplenty on the man who prides himself on defense. will this ever happen again? is bowen aging fast? or was he intimidated by the warning given to him by the NBA to watch where he plants his foot when he guards jumpshooters? :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 11:13 pm 
Light Heavyweight

It's all good my brutha's. It happens to the best of them, you win some you lose some.

Post subject: SPURS 100, BULLS 83
PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 12:32 pm 
Cruiserweight

SAN ANTONIO -- Tim Duncan had 21 points and 11 rebounds to lead the San Antonio Spurs to a 100-83 victory over the Chicago Bulls on Friday night.

Brent Barry added 14 points for the Spurs and Tony Parker had 13 points and eight assists. Reserve Beno Udrih had nine assists.

The Spurs (7-2) have won six of their last seven, while the Bulls (3-6) have dropped four of five.

That includes a three-game losing streak in Texas. The Dallas Mavericks and Houston Rockets combined with San Antonio to give the Bulls three losses in the past four nights.

Ben Gordon, coming off the bench for the third straight game after starting the first six, led the Bulls with 21 points in 25 minutes.

But Gordon came out of the game with 3:13 to go after slipping and injuring his left wrist or hand when he tried to break his fall while driving to the basket against the Spurs' Bruce Bowen.

The Spurs had their largest lead of 19 points with 6:41 left to play.

The Bulls erased a six-point Spurs lead with less than a minute remaining in the first quarter with three straight baskets by Gordon, including a 3-pointer, in 41 seconds. His 11-footer less than a minute into the second quarter gave Chicago a 29-28 lead.

But the Bulls started turning the ball over, committing 12 turnovers in the second quarter.

After edging into the lead by one point, Chicago gave the ball up four times during the next three minutes and fell behind 39-31.

The Bulls had a chance to cut the lead to three points with less than three minutes before halftime. But they committed four turnovers before the break and fell behind again by eight points.

Notes
The game began with a flurry of missed shots from Argentine players -- the Bulls' Andres Nocioni started 0-for-3, the Spurs' Manu Ginobili was 0-for-2 and Fabricio Oberto 0-for-1 before any other player missed. ... Nocioni went 0-for-9 until hitting a jumper with 5:47 left in the game. ... Parker, who was assessed a technical foul Wednesday against Charlotte for arguing a call, got a brief scolding from coach Gregg Popovich when he began arguing a call in the first quarter with referee.

--------------------------
GREAT WIN! ONCE AGAIN THE SPURS BENCH WERE VERY PRODUCTIVE by scoring 48 points out of the total 100 points..They widen the SPURS lead from a mere 10 points at the end of three quarters to as many as 19 points that made POPOVICH keep most of his starters(manu,TP and oberto) in the bench in the entire 4th quarter. NEWCOMER MATT BONNER hit timely 3 point bombs to keep the game close when popovich was forced to go 11 man deep due to foul troubles of elson and oberto in the 1st half. BONNER made 3 out of five three pointers in the 1st half that would probably make popovich decide to give him more minutes and maybe lessen robert horry's minutes this early of the season. Booner is groomed to be robert horry's succesor in the spurs rotation with his same height and good three point range while another spurs newcomer james white-6'7" is tagged as the probable succesor for bruce bowen....GO SPURS GO!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 12:50 pm 
Heavyweight

Thanks for the update bro... i'll edit your post once i get some pics!!!

Nice home win for the SPURS!!!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 7:34 pm 
Cruiserweight

Duncan, Spurs get workmanlike victory over Bulls

Team Stat Comparison
CHICAGO SAN ANTONIO
Points 83 100

FG Made-Attempted 33-72 (.458) 37-72 (.514)
3P Made-Attempted 5-9 (.556) 11-25 (.440)
FT Made-Attempted 12-21 (.571) 15-19 (.789)
Rebounds (Offensive-Total) 9-39 7-40
Assists 18 30
Turnovers 22 23
Steals 9 13
Blocks 4 7
Fast Break Points 8 19
Fouls (Tech/Flagrant) 18 (1/0) 19 (0/0)
Largest Lead 2 18
Top Performers
CHICAGO SAN ANTONIO
B. Gordon
Reb: 3
Ast: 2
Stl: 0
Blk: 0
T. Duncan
Reb: 11
Ast: 0
Stl: 1
Blk: 3

Game Leaders
CHICAGO SAN ANTONIO
Points B. Gordon 21 T. Duncan 21
Rebounds B. Wallace 10 T. Duncan 11
Assists K. Hinrich 6 B. Udrih 9
Steals A. Nocioni 4 M. Ginobili 4
Blocks B. Wallace 4 T. Duncan 3
· Team stats: Chicago | San Antonio
2006-07 Season
San Antonio leads 1-0
>Nov 17, 2006 @SA 100, CHI 83 Recap | Box Score
Jan 15, 2007 SA @ CHI 2:00 PM ET

Next 5 Games
SAN ANTONIO (ET)

11/19 @SAC 9:00pm
11/20 @POR 10:00pm
11/22 MIA 7:30pm
11/24 DAL 8:00pm
11/26 @SEA 9:00pm

SAN ANTONIO (AP) -- The Chicago Bulls are glad to be done with Texas.

Tim Duncan had 21 points and 11 rebounds to lead the San Antonio Spurs to a 100-83 victory over Chicago on Friday night, the Bulls' third loss in four nights in the Lone Star state.

Chicago opened its swing with a loss at Dallas, then fell at Houston on Thursday.

"They're on that run where they play all three Texas teams and they were in a back-to-back situation," Spurs coach Gregg Popovich said. "They just ran out of juice. It was fortunate for us."

The Spurs (7-2) have won six of their last seven, while the Bulls (3-6) have dropped four of five.

It could have been worse for the Bulls. After leading the team with 21 points in 25 minutes, Ben Gordon came out of the game with 3:13 to go after slipping and injuring his left wrist when he tried to break his fall while driving to the basket against the Spurs' Bruce Bowen.

"They think it's a sprain," Gordon said after viewing X-rays with physicians. He also said he does not expect to miss any time with the injury.

The Bulls are off until Sunday, when they play the Lakers in Los Angeles.

Gordon's slip was just a hint of how sloppy the game was. The teams combined for 47 turnovers.

San Antonio actually turned the ball over more, 24-23. But the Spurs shot 51 percent from the floor and hit six more 3-point shots.

Brent Barry added 14 points for the Spurs and Tony Parker had 13 points and eight assists. Reserve Beno Udrih had a career-high nine assists, part of San Antonio's 30 as a team.

"Our defense was very suspect tonight," Bulls coach Scott Skiles said. "We let Parker and Udrih penetrate at will."

The Bulls shot 46 percent from the floor, but were 12-of-21 from the free throw line.

Duncan benefited most from Parker and Udrih. He was 10-of-15 from the floor.

"Still, we had a lot of turnovers," Duncan said. "But, all in all, defensively we were solid and we put a pretty good game together."

The Bulls erased a six-point Spurs lead with less than a minute remaining in the first quarter with three straight baskets by Gordon, including a 3-pointer, in 41 seconds. His 11-footer less than a minute into the second quarter gave Chicago a 29-28 lead.

But that's when the Bulls started turning the ball over with regularity, committing 12 turnovers in the second quarter.

After edging into the lead by one point, Chicago gave the ball up four times during the next three minutes and fell behind 39-31.

The Bulls had a chance to cut the lead to three points with less than three minutes before halftime. But they committed four turnovers before the break and fell behind again by eight points.< ^Notes:@The game began with a flurry of missed shots from Argentine players -- the Bulls' Andres Nocioni started 0-for-3, the Spurs' Manu Ginobili was 0-for-2 and Fabricio Oberto 0-for-1 before any other player missed. ... Nocioni went 0-for-9 until hitting a jumper with 5:47 left in the game. ... Parker, who was assessed a technical foul Wednesday against Charlotte for arguing a call, got a brief scolding from Popovich when he began arguing a call in the first quarter with referee Bill Kennedy.

Post subject: Re: SPURS 100, BULLS 83
PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 10:13 am 
Heavyweight

boholano wrote:
Spurs Top Bulls

SAN ANTONIO -- Tim Duncan had 21 points and 11 rebounds to lead the San Antonio Spurs to a 100-83 victory over the Chicago Bulls on Friday night.

Brent Barry added 14 points for the Spurs and Tony Parker had 13 points and eight assists. Reserve Beno Udrih had nine assists.

That includes a three-game losing streak in Texas. The Dallas Mavericks and Houston Rockets combined with San Antonio to give the Bulls three losses in the past four nights.

Ben Gordon, coming off the bench for the third straight game after starting the first six, led the Bulls with 21 points in 25 minutes.

But Gordon came out of the game with 3:13 to go after slipping and injuring his left wrist or hand when he tried to break his fall while driving to the basket against the Spurs' Bruce Bowen.

But the Bulls started turning the ball over, committing 12 turnovers in the second quarter.

The Bulls had a chance to cut the lead to three points with less than three minutes before halftime. But they committed four turnovers before the break and fell behind again by eight points.

Notes
The game began with a flurry of missed shots from Argentine players -- the Bulls' Andres Nocioni started 0-for-3, the Spurs' Manu Ginobili was 0-for-2 and Fabricio Oberto 0-for-1 before any other player missed. ... Nocioni went 0-for-9 until hitting a jumper with 5:47 left in the game. ... Parker, who was assessed a technical foul Wednesday against Charlotte for arguing a call, got a brief scolding from coach Gregg Popovich when he began arguing a call in the first quarter with referee.

--------------------------
GREAT WIN! ONCE AGAIN THE SPURS BENCH WERE VERY PRODUCTIVE by scoring 48 points out of the total 100 points..They widen the SPURS lead from a mere 10 points at the end of three quarters to as many as 19 points that made POPOVICH keep most of his starters(manu,TP and oberto) in the bench in the entire 4th quarter. NEWCOMER MATT BONNER hit timely 3 point bombs to keep the game close when popovich was forced to go 11 man deep due to foul troubles of elson and oberto in the 1st half. BONNER made 3 out of five three pointers in the 1st half that would probably make popovich decide to give him more minutes and maybe lessen robert horry's minutes this early of the season. Booner is groomed to be robert horry's succesor in the spurs rotation with his same height and good three point range while another spurs newcomer james white-6'7" is tagged as the probable succesor for bruce bowen....GO SPURS GO!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 42389 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 2826  Next