Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Fri May 27, 2022 9:44 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 588 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 40  Next
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 2:32 pm 
Cruiserweight

THE ONLY HOPE FOR THE PHILIPPINES
by Father James Reuter, S.J.

By her own admission, GMA rightfully assessed that
"over the last decades,our republic has become one of
the weakest, steadily left behind by its more
progressive neighbors." Forty years ago, we were only
second to Japan in economic stature, and way ahead of
Singapore,Hongkong,Malaysia, and Thailand. Today, at
our present growth rate, it will take us 30 years to
get to where Thailand is today.

1. A population of 160 Million;

2. Of those, 70 to 90 million (equivalent to our
current population) will live below the poverty line;

3. Our national debt is estimated to be at US$200B
(compared to US$28B when Marcos fled, and US$ 53B today);

4. We will be competing, not against Thailand or even
Vietnam, but against Bangladesh;

5. We will be the most corrupt nation in Asia, if not
in the world (we're already ranked 11th most corrupt
nation by Transparency International).

The signs are clear. Our nation is headed towards an
irreversible path of economic decline and moral
decadence. It is not for lack of effort. We've seen
many men and women of integrity in and out of
government,NGOs,church groups & people's organization
devote themselves to the task of nation-building,
often times against insurmountable odds. But not even
two people's revolutions, bloodless as they may be,
have made a dent in reversing this trend. At best, we
have moved one step forward, but three steps backward.

We need a force far greater than our collective
efforts, as a people, can ever hope to muster. It is
time to move the battle to the spiritual realm. It's
time to claim GOD's promise of healing of the land for
His people.

It's time to gather GOD's people on its knees to pray
for the economic recovery and moral reformation of our nation.

Is prayer really the answer? Before you dismiss this
as just another rambling of a religious fanatic, I'd
like you to consider some lessons we can glean from
history. England's ascendancy to world power was
preceded by the Reformation, a spiritual revival
fuelled by intense prayers. The early American
settlers built the foundation that would make it the
most powerful nation today - a strong faith in GOD and
a disciplined prayer life. Throughout its history,
and especially at its major turning points, waves of
revival and prayer movement swept across the land.

In recent times, we see Korea as a nation experiencing
revival and in the process producing the largest
Christian church in the world today, led by
Rev. Paul Yongi Cho. No wonder it has emerged as a
strong nation when other economies around it are faltering.

Even from a purely secular viewpoint, it makes a lot
of sense. For here there is genuine humbling & seeking
of GOD through prayer, moral reformation necessarily
follows. And this, in turn, will lead to
general prosperity. YES, we believe prayer can make a
difference. It's our only hope.

Today, we launch this email brigade, to inform
Filipinos from all over the world to pray, as a
people, for the economic recovery and moral
reformation of our nation. We do not ask for much.
We only ask for 5 minutes of your time in a day, to
fwd this email to your close friends and relatives.

This is the kind of unity which can make a big
difference. Of course, if you feel strongly, as I do,
about the power of prayer, you can be more involved by
starting your own prayer group or prayer center.

We have tried people power twice; in both cases, it
fell short. Maybe it's time to try prayer power. GOD
never fails.

Is there hope? YES! We can rely on GOD's promise, but
we have to do our part. If we humble ourselves and
pray as a people, GOD will heal our land. By GOD's
grace,we may yet see a better future for our children.
GOD bless and GOD save our country (from stupid and
corrupt politicians)!

"If My people, who are called by My name, will humble
themselves and pray, and seek My face, and turn from
their wicked ways, then will I hear from Heaven, and
will forgive their sins, and will heal their land."
(2 Chronicles 7:14).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 2:47 pm 
Heavyweight

(2 Chronicles 7:14)

Agree!!!

We have to be reconciled with God. Ask God for forgiveness and let Christ rule our hearts.

That's the only key for us to arise from this decadence.

:peace:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 2:54 pm 
Light Heavyweight

mahirap lang magsalita baka ma ASSASINATE ako, pero alam ko ang totoong dahilan kung bakit nagkaganyan tayo.

Here are facts about our Country

1. Philippines is the Richest Country in the whole world.
2. 271 Countries ang may utang sa Philippines including the United States
3. Contrary to popular belief, Philippines largest asset is not deposited at Swiss Bank, our biggest asset is located at KENYA composed of GOLD BARS worth USB251 (Two Hundred Fifty One Billion Dollars) <-- as of early 70's, ngayon mas malaki na yun because of interest.
4. Ferdinand E. Marcos was the man behind the EURO Curreny in Europe, he funded the EUROPEAN UNION.

THINK ABOUT HIS PACLANDERS !!!!

Sabi nila, marami daw tayong utang, lubog ang utang ng PILIPINAS sa IMF (Inernational Monetary Fund) tsaka sa WB (World Bank). Halos TRILLION na ang utang ng PILIPINAS... These are all true, talagang marami tayong ni-loan at pinapa loan naman tayo ng IMF and WB.

Eto naman tanong ko sa inyo, MERON BANG SIRA ULONG BANGKO NA MAGPAPAUTANG SA ISANG BANSA NG HALOS UMABOT NA SA TRILLION NANG WALANG COLLATERAL? NA KAHIT PABAGSAK NG PABAGSAK ANG ECONOMY AY PINAUUTANG PA RIN NG MALAKING HALAGA?

KUNG MERON MAN, BAKIT DI NILA PAUTANGIN ANG MGA TALAGANG MAS MAHIHIRAP PA SA ATIN KAGAYA NG SOMALIA, BANGLADESH, ETC.? BAKIT PILIPINAS MABILIS SILA MAGPAUTANG?

Nakuha nyo ba ang point ko? To tell you guys, We have huge amount of money deposited at Banks everywhere around the world in almost all nation not only at the SWISS BANK.

I have completed papers and documents to prove including the bank details pati yung mga DUMMY account and companies na ginamit ni F.E. Marcos. (kaya lang natatakot me i-post here, baka di ko na makita family ko).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 2:57 pm 
Light Heavyweight

Pedro wrote:
(2 Chronicles 7:14)

Agree!!!

We have to be reconciled with God. Ask God for forgiveness and let Christ rule our hearts.

That's the only key for us to arise from this decadence.

:peace:

I AGREE NASA KANAYA NA LANG ANG PAG-ASA.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 3:43 pm 
Lightweight

i believe so. :) it's never too late. GOD is the answer!Ü

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 3:53 pm 
Lightweight

BoxerShorts wrote:
mahirap lang magsalita baka ma ASSASINATE ako, pero alam ko ang totoong dahilan kung bakit nagkaganyan tayo.

3. Contrary to popular belief, Philippines largest asset is not deposited at Swiss Bank, our biggest asset is located at KENYA composed of GOLD BARS worth USB251 (Two Hundred Fifty One Billion Dollars) <-- as of early 70's, ngayon mas malaki na yun because of interest.
4. Ferdinand E. Marcos was the man behind the EURO Curreny in Europe, he funded the EUROPEAN UNION.

Sabi nila, marami daw tayong utang, lubog ang utang ng PILIPINAS sa IMF (Inernational Monetary Fund) tsaka sa WB (World Bank). Halos TRILLION na ang utang ng PILIPINAS... These are all true, talagang marami tayong ni-loan at pinapa loan naman tayo ng IMF and WB.

Eto naman tanong ko sa inyo, MERON BANG SIRA ULONG BANGKO NA MAGPAPAUTANG SA ISANG BANSA NG HALOS UMABOT NA SA TRILLION NANG WALANG COLLATERAL? NA KAHIT PABAGSAK NG PABAGSAK ANG ECONOMY AY PINAUUTANG PA RIN NG MALAKING HALAGA?

KUNG MERON MAN, BAKIT DI NILA PAUTANGIN ANG MGA TALAGANG MAS MAHIHIRAP PA SA ATIN KAGAYA NG SOMALIA, BANGLADESH, ETC.? BAKIT PILIPINAS MABILIS SILA MAGPAUTANG?

Nakuha nyo ba ang point ko? To tell you guys, We have huge amount of money deposited at Banks everywhere around the world in almost all nation not only at the SWISS BANK.

I have completed papers and documents to prove including the bank details pati yung mga DUMMY account and companies na ginamit ni F.E. Marcos. (kaya lang natatakot me i-post here, baka di ko na makita family ko).

magandang story para isang movie ah :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 4:03 pm 
Light Heavyweight

spayrow wrote:
BoxerShorts wrote:

pare baka totoo yan... baka yan ang reason bakit nag quit ung isang PCGG head... :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 4:06 pm 
Light Heavyweight

yup we just have to Pray.. this gonna go on and on.......

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 4:39 pm 
Light Heavyweight

cris_online wrote:
spayrow wrote:
BoxerShorts wrote:

pare baka totoo yan... baka yan ang reason bakit nag quit ung isang PCGG head... :D

THIS IS INDEED TRUE!!! RIGHT NOW, I AM FEELING TEMPTED TO POST THE AUTHENTICATED DOCUMENTS.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 4:48 pm 
Middleweight

God is the strength of my heart!! Whatever happens God is always in control!!

Thanks bro for your input about this. God Bless!

P.S. Pag pray mong mabuti yan bro, before you decide.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 4:53 pm 
Light Heavyweight

BoxerShorts wrote:

:shock: :?:

Are you serious bro? First time I read something like this. :|

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 5:00 pm 
Middleweight

Send it to our e-mail add then.

:box:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 5:07 pm 
Flyweight

lets jst hope and pray that our country will be as stable as it was during the 50's where 1 Peso is equivalent to a $ . I dont lose hope , i still believe, and pray that someday our country will re established herself, fighting and competing against the world's elite. MABUHAY ang PILIPINAS ang ating Bayang Sinilangan.....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 5:13 pm 
Light Heavyweight

BoxerShorts wrote:

EDDIE GIL? IKAW BA YAN?? :biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 5:20 pm 
Welterweight

probably merong katutuhanan ang theory na kaya tayo pinauutang dahil meron tayong pang-collateral...(baka buong pinas..hehehe).. well did you hear about Deuterium "An isotope of hydrogen which has one neutron (as opposed to zero neutrons in hydrogen)"... according to some study i've read... ito ang magiging replacement ng OIL... in the future. The big deal is Pilipinas ang pinakamalaking may deposit nito somewhere in Mindanao.. Kaya wlang sinabi dito ang Middle East sa deposit nila ng Oil...

Somebody said.. this is impossible... but I'm hoping... a bit true.. and you check this out: http://www.inq7.net/opi/2003/jun/20/opi ... bano-1.htm

Hindi ba kaya hindi matahimik ang Mindanao dahil meron silang hidden treasure...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 588 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 40  Next