Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Sun Dec 08, 2019 1:04 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 53077 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3432, 3433, 3434, 3435, 3436, 3437, 3438 ... 3539  Next
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 11:19 am 
Heavyweight

Mukhang credible ang mga info ni Bobby Tiglao...
Hindi based on emotion...

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 12:08 pm 
Heavyweight

Tiglao reporting was base on fact, unlike Rezza was base on Dilawan money and tsismis, Maria Rezza was credibol when she was anchoring CNN but now she see that Journalism is Business ...pera pera lang :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 12:24 pm 
Heavyweight

When Rappler Lied
Written by Adam Garrie on 2019-02-14
More in poetry:

When Rappler decided to tell lies about me
Was that a sign that the press was free?
Did they celebrate when the punished the words
That contained false allegations most absurd?

Did they realise they were endangering my life
At the hands of gangsters with poisons, guns and knives?
Did they ever seek some to quietly atone
For the lies they examined, published and owned?

When Mr. Keng’s good name was dragged through the dirt
Did they expect him to conceal his hurt?
Although CJ Corona is no longer here
Is not his reputation’s valour crystal clear?

And what about those who take up Rappler’s cause
Who ignore or spit on the great Julian Assange?
Wikileaks exposed the truthful horror of war
But Ressa is the one the liberals adore.

I had no intention to be the enemy
Of people I assumed never heard of me
But when they attacked this humble man
A quest for justice I began.

I support the freedom of the press
But Rappler doesn’t support mine.
I also support the Philippine justice system
In its duty to punish every sort of crime.

When I was lied about on Rappler’s cyber-pages
CNN wasn’t convulsing in fits of rages
But When Ressa is jailed and later bailed
They ignore the facts that her charges entailed.

This isn’t about the DDS
It’s about a law for whose support Noynoy once expressed
But when it is enforced with equality
They say that the press somehow is not free.

Ressa got a long free ride
When someone challenged her, she’d always hide,
But when she decided to lie about me
I demanded justice and equity.

Rappler isn’t about freedom of speech
It’s about putting the debate out of reach
Of ordinary people who support PRRD
Because that’s not what Rappler thinks freedom ought to be.

But the numbers cannot lie
Duterte’s approval rating is sky high
And somehow Yellows wonder why
The people no longer believe their lies.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 12:54 pm 
Cruiserweight

dan44 wrote:
When Rappler Lied
Written by Adam Garrie on 2019-02-14
More in poetry:

When Rappler decided to tell lies about me
Was that a sign that the press was free?
Did they celebrate when the punished the words
That contained false allegations most absurd?

Did they realise they were endangering my life
At the hands of gangsters with poisons, guns and knives?
Did they ever seek some to quietly atone
For the lies they examined, published and owned?

When Mr. Keng’s good name was dragged through the dirt
Did they expect him to conceal his hurt?
Although CJ Corona is no longer here
Is not his reputation’s valour crystal clear?

And what about those who take up Rappler’s cause
Who ignore or spit on the great Julian Assange?
Wikileaks exposed the truthful horror of war
But Ressa is the one the liberals adore.

I had no intention to be the enemy
Of people I assumed never heard of me
But when they attacked this humble man
A quest for justice I began.

I support the freedom of the press
But Rappler doesn’t support mine.
I also support the Philippine justice system
In its duty to punish every sort of crime.

When I was lied about on Rappler’s cyber-pages
CNN wasn’t convulsing in fits of rages
But When Ressa is jailed and later bailed
They ignore the facts that her charges entailed.

This isn’t about the DDS
It’s about a law for whose support Noynoy once expressed
But when it is enforced with equality
They say that the press somehow is not free.

Ressa got a long free ride
When someone challenged her, she’d always hide,
But when she decided to lie about me
I demanded justice and equity.

Rappler isn’t about freedom of speech
It’s about putting the debate out of reach
Of ordinary people who support PRRD
Because that’s not what Rappler thinks freedom ought to be.

But the numbers cannot lie
Duterte’s approval rating is sky high
And somehow Yellows wonder why
The people no longer believe their lies.

:shock:

ang galing ng poem na to a :D

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 1:19 pm 
Heavyweight

Sino naman yang si Adam Garrie?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 1:30 pm 
Cruiserweight

JABEZJ wrote:
Mukhang credible ang mga info ni Bobby Tiglao...
Hindi based on emotion...

dan44 wrote:
Tiglao reporting was base on fact, unlike Rezza was base on Dilawan money and tsismis, Maria Rezza was credibol when she was anchoring CNN but now she see that Journalism is Business ...pera pera lang :lol:

I don't know if I have already come across Tiglao's article referencing P40M for CRappler but ngayon ko lang nabasa yung recent article niya...

and speaking of Tiglao, we all know that he is very, very closely associated with GMA....and because of this the Delawan Coalition has always tried to discredit him by labeling him as a GMA loudspeaker.....which is understandable, and by all accounts, true.......but it does not always mean that just because Tiglao is a hard-core Arroyo supporter, that everything he writes is false, not worth reading, and should be plainly dismissed without a second thought......

he may give his own "slants" to what he writes, slants favoring Arroyo....but not everything that he writes should be dismissed outright........kagaya ng mga sinulat niya about CRappler, he makes a lot of valid points

.......but because he has been identified and labeled as hard-core pro-GMA, the easily swayed among the masses tend not to give much weight to his writings, even if he makes a lot of sensible points......in fact, Tiglao is in a perfect position to make these arguments.....he is championing Arroyo, who has fallen from the EDSA Delawan Coalition's "good graces" ever since she crossed Cory early in her first term :shock: kumbaga labas kasi siya sa widespread conspiracy of the dominant elite clique in our country, wala siyang pakialam if he rocks the boat, the so-called status quo in this country.....

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 1:32 pm 
Heavyweight

Eto pala ang news na pinag-ugatan ng kaso ni madam Ressa...
Check the date of pasok ba sa cyber libel law...

CJ using SUVs of 'controversial' businessmen

Reynaldo Santos Jr
@reysantosjr

Published 7:39 AM, May 29, 2012

Updated 5:42 PM, February 19, 2014

MANILA, Philippines - Even as the Corona impeachment trial comes to a close Tuesday, May 29, controversy continues to hound the Chief Justice. He appears to have a penchant for using vehicles registered under the names of controversial personalities.

His black Chevrolet Suburban, a sports utility vehicle he used to travel to and from the Senate – when he appeared on May 22 and 25 before the impeachment court – is being linked to questionable transactions and persons.

Another black suburban he used in January 2011 was registered under the name of a wealthy businessman.

Between 2010 to 2011, a Newsbreak investigation (prompted by a tip that a litigant with a case pending before the Supreme Court was allowing him use of an expensive vehicle) found that plate number ZWK 111 was registered under the name of Wilfredo Keng, a Filipino-Chinese businessman dubbed by Forbes Magazine as one of the richest Filipinos in 2010. The investigation was also part of research for Marites Dañguilan-Vitug's upcoming book on the High Tribunal.

It was different from the ZEE 868 plate attached to the black Suburban photographed in the Senate basement last week. The black Suburban with the ZWK 111 plate was photographed in the basement of the Supreme Court building in 2011.

Land Transportation Office (LTO) papers showed that ZWK 111 was issued to "Wilfredo Dy Keng" of Carriedo Street in Quiapo, Manila.

In a Monday, May 28 phone interview with Keng, who said he was in China, the businessman admitted owning a suburban with plate number ZWK 111. He insisted, contrary to LTO documents, that his vehicle was not the one found to be used by Corona in 2011. Neither does he own the black Suburban used by Corona in the Senate last week.

Supreme Court sources said they had seen Corona regularly use the black Suburban owned by Keng in both official and non-official functions in 2011.

It is unclear how a plate number under Keng's name ended up being used by Corona. The luxury vehicle is not the one assigned to him by the Supreme Court as his service car. His assigned vehicle is a beige 1996 Toyota Camry with plate SEJ 953.

This is not the first time that the Chief Justice has been found using a car with a plate number belonging to another person. When he appeared before the Senate impeachment court, the vehicle he used -- coincidentally also a black Chevrolet suburban -- bore a plate number registered to a different type of vehicle, a Mitsubishi L300.

Supreme Court spokesman Midas Marquez said Corona was not aware of the circumstances surrounding the vehicle and the plate numbers.

Shady past?

At the time we were tracing the registered owner of the Chevrolet in early 2011, we got hold of an intelligence report that detailed Keng's past. Prepared in 2002, it described Keng as a "naturalized Filipino citizen" whose exact birthdate is unknown. In the report, he was also identified as bearing the alias "Willy," using a surname also spelled as "Kheng."

The report stated that Keng had been under surveillance by the National Security Council for alleged involvement in illegal activities, namely "human trafficking and drug smuggling." He is supposedly close to lawmakers and had contacts with the US embassy at the time.

The document also said Keng was involved in a murder case for which he was "never jailed." It could be referring to the death of Manila Councilor Chika Go in 2002 where Keng had been identified as a mastermind. Go was also the architect of Keng's Reina Regente condominium residence in Binondo, Manila.

According to a 2002 Philippine Star report, Keng was also accused of smuggling fake cigarettes and granting special investors residence visas to Chinese nationals for a fee. Keng has denied his involvement in this illegal transaction, saying it's easy to get visas to the Philippines.

In less than 10 years after the release of these reports, Keng has reinvented himself as one of the more reputable businessmen in the country. He was listed by Forbes as the 32nd richest Filipino in 2010 with a net worth of US$100 million.

He is the president of a mining company, Century Peak Metals Holdings Corp, and Century Hua Guang Smelting Inc. Keng is also the president of Colony Investors Inc, Good Earth Plaza, U-Need Shopping Center, Carriedo Plaza, and Balikbayan Shopping Mall. He likewise has business interests in China, including Fil-China (Tianjin) Textile Inc, Colony Real Property Development (Weifang) Inc, and Wuzhou Long (Quanzhou) Automotive Mfg Co Ltd.

One of his companies got involved in a courtroom battle, though.

Century Peak Corp, which is represented by Rapid City Realty and Development Corp, got the mining rights in the Surigao del Norte reservation after winning in 2009 a case filed in the Court of Appeals. Petitioner Corazon Liwat-Moya claimed to originally own the mining rights, but the court said that she had lost her rights for not heeding requirements.

Smuggling and tax evasion

On Friday, May 25, a certain Bonifacio Gomez Jr lodged a complaint with the Land Transportation Office (LTO), saying that the plate number of his vehicle, ZEE 868, is the same plate number attached to Corona’s black SUV which the latter used during his Senate testimony.

LTO registration papers show that the plate is registered to the Cebu-based company Nutripharm Inc, owned by Gomez.

Corona’s lawyers said he does not own the black suburban he used in the Senate and that he merely rented it.

Defense lawyer Judd Roy said Corona rented the “bullet-proof” vehicle from AutoTrend on Timog Avenue for “security reasons.” He described AutoTrend as one of the better companies for rentals of this vehicle type. A certain Reynaldo Pazcoguin owns AutoTrend.

The shop has been dragged in a smuggling issue, though. In 2007, authorities confiscated luxury vehicles found in the shop that were reportedly missing from the Subic port. The vehicles were said to be stolen from legitimate importers by two Korean nationals, and then brought to the shop to be sold.

Defense lawyer Tranquil Salvador III told reporters during a press conference Friday, May 25, that he did not know the details of the arrangement for Corona's suburban, except that it was rented. The discussion about plate numbers should be directed to whoever rented out the vehicle, and not the Chief Justice, Salvador said.

Latest developments from the Highway Patrol Group (HPG) of the Philippine National Police (PNP) reveal that the owner of the black suburban with plate number ZEE 868 is a certain Mark Anthony Lopez of Viking Haulers Inc, who claimed that the vehicle was imported from California in 2009.

Logie Santos, managing partner of Viking Haulers Inc, admitted to investigators on Saturday, May 26, that the vehicle is not registered. He added that they leased out the vehicle to the SC for P12,000 a day.

Pazcoguin of Auto Trend is also identified as president of Viking Haulers Inc. Reports reveal that he was slapped with smuggling and tax evasion cases last year for undervalued luxury cars in this shop.

The transfer of license plates from one vehicle to another is illegal as it violates the car registration law. The offense is punishable by a fine of P5,000 or imprisonment of 6 months, or both, depending on the court's discretion. - With reports from Aries Rufo/Rappler.com

https://www.rappler.com/newsbreak/6061- ... usinessmen

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 1:44 pm 
Heavyweight

Did DU30 get a new kidney?

By FRANCISCO S. TATAD

February 11, 2019

TWO complementary sources, neither of which wants to be named, have claimed that on Wednesday morning, Jan. 29, 2019, President Rodrigo Duterte underwent a successful kidney transplant surgery amid rumors that he had fallen seriously ill.

The first source said a team led by Dr. Rose Marie Rosete-Liquete, the nation’s first woman kidney transplant doctor and executive director of the National Kidney and Transplant Institute (NKTI), performed the procedure at the Cardinal Santos Medical Center in San Juan, Metro Manila. The second source said the same doctor performed the same procedure on the same patient on the same day, but in Davao.

Cardinal Santos or Davao?

According to the first source, DU30 checked in at Cardinal Santos on Tuesday evening, after attending the premier presentation of former PNP chief and senatorial candidate Bato de la Rosa’s biopic at SM Mega Mall, Ortigas Center. The next day he underwent his surgical procedure. He reportedly spent the next couple of days recuperating in a medically furnished luxury suite at Ortigas Center before he flew to Davao.

The second source tried to add a personal testimonial by saying that he himself had a kidney transplant late last year, and that he and the President now shared the same transplant doctor. His operation was virtually painless, he said, and he was back on his feet less than a day after the operation. He said the latest protocol on kidney transplants allows the doctor to attach a third kidney, which takes the place of the old pair, without touching them, unless they cause problems such as high blood pressure or infection.

This was what the doctor did to him, he said, and this was likely what the doctor did to the President as well. But he insisted it happened at a medical facility in Davao, not in San Juan. Upon hearing this, I went back to my first source to ask them if there wasn’t any chance they could have confused Cardinal Santos for Davao. They stood firm on their original claim, pointing out the great inconvenience of doing it in Davao. Indeed, if DU30 was in Manila on Tuesday and was going to undergo a major surgery the next day, it made no sense to fly to Davao the evening before, when he could have rested in Manila on Tuesday evening to prepare for the surgery the next morning.

https://www.manilatimes.net/did-du30-ge ... ey/509829/

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 2:16 pm 
Cruiserweight

ang argument for cyber libel daw, since online ang article, continuing crime ito so while the publishing date predates the cyber libel law, the availability of the article online since its first publication makes it covered by this law....

in-edit pa nila last 2014, so in effect re-publishing it after the cyber libel law is enacted and thus falling under its aegis :shock:
TIMELINE: Rappler's cyber libel case

"CRappler wrote:
MANILA, Philippines – Rappler CEO Maria Ressa was arrested early Wednesday evening, February 13, in relation to a cyber libel charge.

The case stemmed from a 7-year-old story that was published before the cybercrime law took effect. Several groups slammed the arrest as an attack against the press amid seeping threats to democratic institutions in the Philippines.

What happened to this case? Here’s a rundown of events leading up to Ressa’s arrest.

May 29, 2012

The article in question is published. The story says that former chief justice Renato Corona used a vehicle registered under the name of businessman Wilfredo Keng, who, based on previously published stories and intelligence reports, had alleged links to illegal drugs and human trafficking.

September 2012

Republic Act (RA) No. 10175 or the Cybercrime Prevention Act of 2012 is signed into law. Lawyers and media organizations decry its ambiguities and the power it affords the justice department. It gives the department the power to shut down a website on the basis of prima facie evidence. A temporary restraining order is issued against it after a total of 15 petitions are filed questioning the law's constitutionality, among other things.

February 18, 2014

Two years later, the SC upholds as constitutional most of the provisions of RA 10175, including cyber libel, but only in cases where it covers persons other than the original author. It also strikes down a provision that allows the justice department to take down online content without a court warrant.

October 2017

Keng files a libel complaint with the National Bureau of Investigation's (NBI) cybercrime division. He claims that “the article was published by Rappler without observing the ethical standards of journalism. It contained malicious imputations of crimes, with bad intentions, purposely to malign, dishonor and discredit my character and good reputation.” (READ: What’s inside Keng’s cyber libel complaint vs Rappler)

February 1, 2018

Ressa and Santos file counter-affidavits to Keng’s complaint. The counter-affidavits argue that no cyber libel took place as the investigative report was published four months before the enactment of RA 10175. No criminal law is retroactive.

The counter-affidavits also argue that online libel “is not a new crime” and is the same as the old crime of libel in the 1930 Revised Penal Code (RPC). Article 90 of the RPC extinguishes criminal liability within one year.

February 22, 2018

The NBI junks the cyber libel complaint filed against Rappler. NBI cybercrime division chief Manuel Antonio Eduarte says that the NBI evaluation found that the one-year prescriptive period for libel has already lapsed, affirming what Ressa and Santos’ counter-affidavits said.

February 28, 2018

Keng, according to an Inquirer report, files a supplemental affidavit saying "the prescriptive period for crimes falling under Section 4(c) (4) [of the Cybercrime Prevention Act of 2012] is 15 years" and not one year.

March 2, 2018

The NBI recommends to the Department of Justice that Rappler be prosecuted for cyber libel, reversing its earlier dismissal of the complaint. It argues that the earlier dismissal was “prematurely disclosed.”

NBI chief Dante Gierran denies that there was a reversal, saying, “I discovered recently that the interview with the chief of the Cybercrime Division was only a casual giving of information on a matter that was not yet terminated. It was not yet finished.” (READ: Rappler to NBI: Why revive case you already dismissed?)

Eduarte backtracks on an earlier statement that the theory of continuing crime did not stand. He says in a letter quoted by the Inquirer that a “libelous article written and published by the subjects, is indubitably considered as a continuing crime until and unless the libelous article is removed or taken down.”

April 25, 2018

Ressa submits a counter-affidavit to the justice department, saying that the allegations against her were “baffling and unfounded.” The counter-affidavit is filed through her lawyers, as she is in South Korea for a Reporters Without Borders (RSF) report on the state of global press freedom. Santos also submits his counter-affidavit.

January 10, 2019

The justice department recommends the filing of cyber libel charges against Ressa and Santos. (READ: Despite NBI flip-flop, DOJ to indict Rappler for cyber libel)

Rappler’s counsel, JJ Disini, says the resolution is dangerous for the media and bloggers.

"If the theory is that if a libelous article is published in the past, and continues to be accessible today, and that constitutes libel today, then no one is safe. Anyone that has a libelous article that continues to be accessible may be charged with libel, and, moving forward, this affects everyone, not just media, even bloggers," according to Disini.

February 12, 2019

The warrant of arrest against Ressa is issued by Presiding Judge Rainelda Estacio Montesa of Manila Regional Trial Court (RTC) Branch 46.

February 13, 2019

Agents and lawyers from the NBI cybercrime division descend on the Rappler headquarters to serve Ressa the arrest warrant. Several groups slam the arrest as an affront to press freedom.

Rappler, in a statement, says, “If this is another of several attempts to intimidate us, it will not succeed, as past attempts have shown. Maria Ressa and Rappler will continue to do our jobs as journalists. We will continue to tell the truth and report what we see and hear. We are first and foremost journalists, we are truthtellers.”

Ressa is detained at the NBI for the night after an effort to post bail is refused by Pasay Metropolitan Trial Court Executive Judge Allan Ariola, on the basis of jurisdiction concerns.

February 14, 2019

Manila RTC Branch 46 issues a release order for Ressa after bail of P100,000 is posted past noon. – with a report from Jodesz Gavilan/Rappler.com

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 2:19 pm 
Cruiserweight

pahiram nga daw ng asawa Mr. Tatad :lol: :lol: :lol:

JABEZJ wrote:
Did DU30 get a new kidney?

By FRANCISCO S. TATAD

February 11, 2019

TWO complementary sources, neither of which wants to be named, have claimed that on Wednesday morning, Jan. 29, 2019, President Rodrigo Duterte underwent a successful kidney transplant surgery amid rumors that he had fallen seriously ill.

The first source said a team led by Dr. Rose Marie Rosete-Liquete, the nation’s first woman kidney transplant doctor and executive director of the National Kidney and Transplant Institute (NKTI), performed the procedure at the Cardinal Santos Medical Center in San Juan, Metro Manila. The second source said the same doctor performed the same procedure on the same patient on the same day, but in Davao.

Cardinal Santos or Davao?

According to the first source, DU30 checked in at Cardinal Santos on Tuesday evening, after attending the premier presentation of former PNP chief and senatorial candidate Bato de la Rosa’s biopic at SM Mega Mall, Ortigas Center. The next day he underwent his surgical procedure. He reportedly spent the next couple of days recuperating in a medically furnished luxury suite at Ortigas Center before he flew to Davao.

The second source tried to add a personal testimonial by saying that he himself had a kidney transplant late last year, and that he and the President now shared the same transplant doctor. His operation was virtually painless, he said, and he was back on his feet less than a day after the operation. He said the latest protocol on kidney transplants allows the doctor to attach a third kidney, which takes the place of the old pair, without touching them, unless they cause problems such as high blood pressure or infection.

This was what the doctor did to him, he said, and this was likely what the doctor did to the President as well. But he insisted it happened at a medical facility in Davao, not in San Juan. Upon hearing this, I went back to my first source to ask them if there wasn’t any chance they could have confused Cardinal Santos for Davao. They stood firm on their original claim, pointing out the great inconvenience of doing it in Davao. Indeed, if DU30 was in Manila on Tuesday and was going to undergo a major surgery the next day, it made no sense to fly to Davao the evening before, when he could have rested in Manila on Tuesday evening to prepare for the surgery the next morning.

https://www.manilatimes.net/did-du30-ge ... ey/509829/

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 3:59 pm 
Heavyweight

Our legal system will be tested once trial will start...

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 3:57 am 
Light Heavyweight

Libel is defamatory in any medium or form. If you tell lie against anyone that ruins his/her reputation, then you must be charged. I agree that it should be a criminal offense. Libel is more life wrecking than other crimes, eg robbery. At aleast the lost possession might be recovered but a maligned reputation will forever be turnished. And why the hell there's time limit in filling a case? Will the crime be undone as years pass by? 12-year and even 20-year time limit is a joke. Crime done should remain a crime until justice is served.

Maria Ressa, should not be questioning the technically of the case against her, but it's merit. Truth will set you free, ika nga. Pero kung kasinungalingan nga ang mga sinusulat mo, eh dapat ka ngang managot. Pen is more dangerous than sword, kaya maging responsible ang may hawak nito. Marami pa namang mga utu-utot dito :biglaugh:

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 9:25 am 
Heavyweight

Ok na sana kaso nagbuhat na naman ng sariling bangko sa bandang huli. :?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 2:39 pm 
Heavyweight

JABEZJ wrote:
Our legal system will be tested once trial will start...

yung kay maria ba yan jabs? :lol: :lol:

::: LAKERS LOYALIST #24 ::: ::::: WAGONERSSS S@CK :::::

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 4:38 pm 
Cruiserweight

IceColdBeer wrote:
Ok na sana kaso nagbuhat na naman ng sariling bangko sa bandang huli. :?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 53077 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3432, 3433, 3434, 3435, 3436, 3437, 3438 ... 3539  Next