Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Mon Feb 26, 2018 1:18 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1547 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 104  Next
PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 5:39 pm 
Heavyweight

INC expels mother, brother of Executive Minister Eduardo Manalo
By: Aries J. Hegina and Erika Sauler@inquirerdotnet
INQUIRER.net, Philippine Daily Inquirer
02:50 PM July 23rd, 2015

(Update)

THE mother and brother of Eduardo Manalo, executive minister of Iglesia ni Cristo, have been expelled from their church for sowing disunity, an official said on Thursday.

“Masakit man sa loob ng kapatid na Eduardo Manalo ay ipinasya nila na itiwalag yung mga lumilikha ng mga pagkakabaha-bahagi sa Iglesia. Kaya sa mga pagsambang isasagawa ng Iglesia ni Cristo simula sa araw na ito, ipaalam sa lahat ng kapatid ang pasyang yun ng Tagapamahalang Pangkalahatan,” Bienvenido Santiago, general evangelist of Iglesia, said in a press briefing.
ADVERTISEMENT

Felix “Angel” Nathaniel Villanueva Manalo and his mother Cristina “Tenny” Villanueva Manalo were expelled for their video uploaded on YouTube claiming that their lives are in danger and that a minister has been abducted.

Tenny is the widow of the late Executive Minister Eraño “Erdy” Manalo.

Aside from Angel and Tenny, the INC also expelled Marco Eraño Villanueva Manalo, and Lolita Manalo Hemedez.

“Ang basa namin doon sa pinahayag nila kagabi sa YouTube ay ibig lamang nilang makakuha ng mga taong magsisimpatya sa kanila. Para sa ganon ay makuha nila ang talagang gusto nila na mapakialaman ang pamamahala sa Iglesia,” Santiago said.

In a video uploaded on YouTube Thursday morning, Angel Manalo said: “Nananawagan po kami sa inyo dahil nanganganib po ang aming buhay. Sana’y matulungan niyo po kami.”

(We are asking for your help because our lives are in danger. We hope that you can help us.)

His mother Tenny asked church members to help her children Angel and Lottie.

“Ako’y nananawagan sa aming mga kapatid sa Iglesia na tulungan ninyo kami dahil may panganib sa aming buhay. Saklolohan niyo ang aking mga anak, si Angel at Lottie at ang kanilang mga kasama. Tulungan niyo rin ang mga ministro na dinukot at hanggang ngayon ay hindi pa nakikita. Kaawaan natin sila at ang kanilang pamilya,” she said.

(I am appealing to our brethren in the church to help us because there is a threat to our lives. Please help my children, Angel and Lottie and their companions. Let us also help the ministers who were taken and until now have not yet been found.)

Lottie Manalo-Hemedez and Aileen Manalo-Alcantara are Eduardo’s siblings.

Denial

Santiago, who faced members of the media seeking comment on the video, said the allegations were not true.

“Meron pang alegasyon na dinukot na ministro. Ibig na palabasin na may kinalaman ang Iglesia, wala pong katotohanan, hindi po totoo yun,” Santiago said.

He added:”Dapat malaman ng lahat na ang Iglesia ay hindi isang korporasyon na pampamilya. Ito ay isang relihiyon na ang sinusunod ay mga patakaran at aral ng Diyos na nakasulat sa bibliya. Hindi makakapayag ang kapatid na Eduardo Manalo, ang kasalukuyang tagapamahalang pangkalahatan na ang Iglesia ay guluhin ng sinumang tao,” he said.

It was clear that the mother and son were sowing disunity in the church so the rules must be applied to them, Santiago said.

Held hostage

Tenny also conveyed her wish to speak to Angel’s brother and INC’s current leader Eduardo Manalo.

A blog by a certain Antonio Ebangelista said that the current INC leadership has expelled nine ministers from Sorsogon, Cebu and Bulacan. The author also alleged that some are being tortured in police camps and their families prevented from speaking about their expulsion from the said religious group.

The ministers who were allegedly being held hostage include a certain “Bro. Nolan Olarte,” one “Bro. Boyet Menorca,” and one “Bro. Joven Sepilllo.”

Some ministers who were supposedly expelled include a certain “Arnel Tumanan” and and a “Bro. Jerson Samson.”

A copy of the alleged circular ordering the expulsion of Angel, Tenny, Lolita and Marco Eraño Villanueva Manalo has since been released on Facebook.

The circular, allegedly signed by INC Minister of Gospel Radel Cortez on July 23, states: “Mga mahal na kapatid, kalakip nito ang circular na babasahin sa pagsamba kaugnay sa pagtitiwalag kina Cristina Villanueva Manalo, Felix Nathaniel Villanueva Manalo, Marco Eraño Villanueva at Lolita Manalo Hernandez.”

The circular should be read by the minister of the local district during the end of each worship service starting Thursday, July 23 to Saturday, July 25.

The controversy came days before the INC will celebrate its 101st anniversary on Monday, July 27.

Read more: http://newsinfo.inquirer.net/707147/inc ... z3ghpRSInJ
Follow us: @inquirerdotnet on Twitter | inquirerdotnet on Facebook

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 5:40 pm 
Heavyweight

‘Where are the missing ministers?’
By: Marc Jayson Cayabyab@MJcayabyabINQ
INQUIRER.net 05:27 PM July 23rd, 2015

A SIGN posted at the window of a building inside the complex in Tandang Sora, Quezon City, which is supposedly home to the Manalos of the Iglesia Ni Cristo, begs an answer to this question: “Where are the missing ministers?”

This developed amid reports that some family members of Executive Minister Eduardo Manalo and at least 10 ministers have been held hostage to keep them from exposing the alleged corrupt practices in the INC.

A woman outside the building screamed: “Abuloy namin ginawa nyong kulungan!”
ADVERTISEMENT

“Huwag niyo ipagkait sa’men. Sinumite namin buhay sa Iglesia Ka Eduardo. Hindi kami nagkulang!” she wailed.

On Thursday afternoon, INC confirmed that the mother and brother of Eduardo Manalo, executive minister of Iglesia ni Cristo, have been expelled from their church for sowing disunity.

“Masakit man sa loob ng kapatid na Eduardo Manalo ay ipinasya nila na itiwalag yung mga lumilikha ng mga pagkakabaha-bahagi sa Iglesia. Kaya sa mga pagsambang isasagawa ng Iglesia ni Cristo simula sa araw na ito, ipaalam sa lahat ng kapatid ang pasyang yun ng Tagapamahalang Pangkalahatan (Painful as it is to our brother Eduardo Manalo, they have decided to expel those who have been causing division within the Church. That is why in future church services of the Church of Christ, from this day, the Overall Leadership will let this be known by all of our brothers),” Bienvenido Santiago, general evangelist of Iglesia, said in a press briefing.

Angel Manalo and his mother Tenny were expelled for their video uploaded on YouTube Wednesday night claiming that their lives have been placed in danger and that some ministers have been abducted.

“My brethren, of the Church of Christ, we are appealing to you because our lives are in danger. We hope that you can help us. I hope that you also listen to the appeal of my mother, Sister Tenny Manalo,” Angel said in Filipino.

Tenny, widow of Eraño Manalo who was executive minister of Iglesia for 46 years, did not appear on the video. In a voice over, she said, “I am appealing to our brethren in the church to help us because there is a threat to our lives. Please help my children, Angel and Lottie and their companions. Let us also help the ministers who were taken and until now have not yet been found.” Santiago, who faced members of the media seeking comment on the video, said the allegations were not true.

“Meron pang alegasyon na dinukot na ministro. Ibig na palabasin na may kinalaman ang Iglesia. Wala pong katotohanan, hindi po totoo yun (There is even an allegation that a minister was abducted. They want to make it appear that the Iglesia has something to do with it. There is no truth to that claim. That is not true),” Santiago said.

“Ang basa namin doon sa pinahayag nila kagabi sa YouTube ay ibig lamang nilang makakuha ng mga taong magsisimpatya sa kanila. Para sa ganon ay makuha nila ang talagang gusto nila na mapakialaman ang pamamahala sa Iglesia (Our reading of their statement on You Tube is they want to get people to sympathize with them. This so they could get to interfere in the management of the Iglesia),” Santiago said.

“Dapat malaman ng lahat na ang Iglesia ay hindi isang korporasyon na pampamilya. Ito ay isang relihiyon na ang sinusunod ay mga patakaran at aral ng Diyos na nakasulat sa bibliya. Hindi makakapayag ang kapatid na Eduardo Manalo, ang kasalukuyang tagapamahalang pangkalahatan na ang Iglesia ay guluhin ng sinumang tao (Everybody must know that the Iglesia is not a family corporation. This is a religion that follows the rules and teachings of God that are written in the bible. Brother Eduardo Manalo and the present overall leadership cannot allow anybody to sow trouble in the Iglesia),” he said.

It was clear that the mother and son were sowing disunity in the church so the rules must be applied to them, Santiago said. With a report from Erika Sauler, Philippine Daily Inquirer

Read more: http://newsinfo.inquirer.net/707189/whe ... z3ghplm0RP

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 5:41 pm 
Heavyweight

Who are the Manalo’s of the Iglesia?
By: Nestor Corrales@NCorralesINQ
INQUIRER.net 05:37 PM July 23rd, 2015

The powerful and influential Iglesia ni Cristo continues to rise in the Philippines and in other parts of the world a century after it was founded by Brother Felix Manalo on July 27, 1914.

Manalo became the first executive minister of the church. Manalo was the child of Mariano Ysagun and Bonifacia Manalo.

Though raised as a Catholic then became a Protestant preacher, Manalo established his own religion and proclaimed himself as the last messenger of God.

Despite persecution during its early years calling Iglesia a “cult,” the Iglesia ni Cristo continued to grow, resulting in millions of membership worldwide.

When its founder Brother Felix died on April 12, 1963 at the age of 76, many non-members predicted the fall of Iglesia. But this did not happen as their membership continued to grow worldwide in countries such as Canada, Hawaii, Australia, and Greece.

Erano Manalo, the fifth son of Felix, assumed the duty of executive minister on April 23, 1963 and became the head of the Iglesia ni Cristo.

The family remained close with each other despite the death of their father and continued to preach his teachings.

Erano became instrumental in the expansion of the church worldwide. His first worship was held on July 27, 1968 in Honolulu, Hawaii.

He was married to Cristina Villanueva with whom he has six children, namely: Eduardo, Lolita, Erlinda, Liberty, Felix Nathaniel II, and Marco Eraño.

In 2009, Erano Manalo died and was succeeded by his eldest son Eduardo.

Eduardo became the church’s executive minister on September 7, 2009 up to the present.

Eduardo continued to spread the preachings of the church and initiated developments for the church.

On July 21, 2014, the Iglesia ni Cristo inaugurated the Ciudad de Victoria or the Philippine Arena, a 55,000-seater structure in Bocaue, Bulacan.

Members of Iglesia ni Cristo have been known for their obedience in following strict teachings and rules of their church.

Iglesia believes that its members are the only ones qualified for salvation. Members of the powerful church are also only allowed to marry Iglesia members.

Iglesia has been known for its discipline and political power with their million followers.

Moreover, the Manalo clan has been known for their tight family relations but has faced controversy which has rocked the clan.

On Thursday, the mother and brother of Eduardo have been expelled from the church.

A 1 minute and 54 seconds video also circulated online after Angel Manalo, Eduardo’ sister, appealed to the public to help her, his mother, and his siblings since their lives are in danger.

Eduardo, however, has denied this, saying they only want to get sympathy from the public.

As of posting, reports on the family feud remain sketchy.

Read more: http://newsinfo.inquirer.net/707186/who ... z3ghq5BKA2

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 5:42 pm 
Heavyweight

what timing for this to happen...

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 5:43 pm 
Heavyweight

malalim ang ugat ng hidwaan na yan, sa ngayon espekulasyon lang lahat kung pakikinggan mo ang magkabilang panig parang totoo lahat sinasabi nila, spectator lang muna tayo dito :shock:

-The Vice President

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 5:49 pm 
Heavyweight

Durian Peña wrote:
malalim ang ugat ng hidwaan na yan, sa ngayon espekulasyon lang lahat kung pakikinggan mo ang magkabilang panig parang totoo lahat sinasabi nila, spectator lang muna tayo dito :shock:

away pamilya Manalo...

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 5:49 pm 
Heavyweight

Iglesia Ni Cristo Angel and Tenny Manalo Call for Help

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 5:52 pm 
Heavyweight

I do believe maraming alam si ka tenny...

she is with her husband leading the church for almost 5 decades...

the best person na maraming alam na sikreto ay ang iyong asawa...

partner mo ito... ito ang labasan mo ng problema...

most of the time, madalas kayong mag usap ng mga problema bago matulog...

else, they living separately...

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 5:55 pm 
Heavyweight

sino ang magbibigay ng proteksyon sa buhay ng mga yan?
manghihimasok kaya ang gobyerno at kapulisan?

-The Vice President

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 6:02 pm 
Heavyweight

Durian Peña wrote:

I think valid issue yan... bakit naman tatangalin yan sa membership kung minor offense lang...

a wife who serves along with her husband for 50years then suddenly ititiwalag?

usually sa ibang sekta, people are going out quietly because they know that it may cause stir and disunity on their church...

but ka lenny is just asking help for the fear of their life?

bakit ganun? bakit panrag may patayan?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 6:19 pm 
Heavyweight

Durian Peña wrote:

Sabi ng PNP, basta meron daw formal complaint. Yan ay patungkol sa mga allegedly na kidnapped ministers.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 6:39 pm 
Heavyweight

Official response of the Iglesia Ni Cristo regarding controversial video

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 6:50 pm 
Heavyweight

govt should act on this...

and INC should show up Ka Tenny and Ka Angel that they are fine...

else, who would believe that the youtube is not true when this person is nowhere to be found...

else lalabas na kidnapping yan if they held the person on their freewill...

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 6:51 pm 
Heavyweight

Sign outside INC building: 'Tulong, hostage kami'
This comes as the INC head's mother and brother, in a Youtube video, said their lives 'are in danger'
Rappler.com
Published 1:51 PM, July 23, 2015
Updated 1:51 PM, Jul 23, 2015

CRY FOR HELP. An unidentified person flashes this sign in a building owned by the Iglesia ni Cristo in Tandang Sora, Quezon City. Photo by Mark Saludes/Rappler

MANILA, Philippines – While the Iglesia ni Cristo (INC) announced the expulsion of its leader's mother and brother, a cry for help came from a building owned by the powerful church in Tandang Sora, Quezon City.

On Thursday, July 23, an unidentified person flashed a sign outside an INC building in 36 Tandang Sora, Quezon City: "Tulong, hostage kami." (Help, we're held hostage.)

The person flashed the sign at least two times between 11 am and 12 nn on Thursday. (READ: What you should know about INC)

See more photos below.

IGLESIA BUILDING. Reporters see these signs in the Iglesia ni Cristo building in Tandang Sora, Quezon City. Photo by Mark Saludes/Rappler

INITIAL MESSAGE. Before the message that says 'tulong, hostage kami,' an unidentified person flashes this 'tulong' message in the Iglesia ni Cristo building. Photo by Mark Saludes/Rappler

IGLESIA STRONGHOLD. Tandang Sora, Quezon City, where this building is located, is also the site of the Iglesia ni Cristo's central office. Photo by Mark Saludes/Rappler

ON STAKEOUT. Reporters stay outside this building in Tandang Sora, Quezon City, for latest developments on the Iglesia ni Cristo controversy. Photo by Mark Saludes/Rappler

MOVEMENT. This vehicle is seen near the Iglesia ni Cristo building in Tandang Sora on July 23, 2015. Photo by Mark Saludes/Rappler

'PERSECUTION.' An unidentified person warns against a personality or personalities aboard a certain vehicle. Photo by Mark Saludes/Rappler

WARNING. The unidentified person warns bystanders about 'armed' personalities near the building. Photo by Mark Saludes/Rappler

Reporters from Rappler, ABS-CBN, GMA-7, TV5, and CNN Philippines had been staking out there.

This comes as the INC's executive minister, Eduardo Manalo, expelled his brother and mother.

His brother Felix Nathaniel "Angel" Manalo, and his mother, Tenny, said in a Youtube video that their lives "are in danger." (READ: The rise of INC)

Tenny also said in the Youtube video: "Tulungan niyo rin ang mga ministro na dinukot at hanggang ngayon ay hindi pa nakikita. Kaawaan natin sila at ang kanilang pamilya." (Let us also help the ministers who were taken and until now, have not yet been found. Let us show mercy to them and their families.) – Mark Saludes/Rappler.com

http://www.rappler.com/nation/100237-iglesia-cristo-help-hostage-sign

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 6:53 pm 
Heavyweight

Ito na pala yung balita.
Makikitsismis lang.

KUPAL ANG KOKONTRA SA AKIN!
PUTANGINA NYO!

BOYCOTT CHINA

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1547 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 104  Next