Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Sun Nov 18, 2018 1:31 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 142 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 4:05 pm 
Heavyweight

pubringjuandelacruz wrote:
don robert wrote:
zuma wrote:
Ayos tatakbo na ulit si MR PALENGKE.

IINOM NA NAMAN SA PLATO YAN AT KAKAIN SA BASO.

TAPOS MAGMOMOTOR SABAY SE SEMPLANG!

ANG SAYA TALAGA NG POLITIKA SA PINAS!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

maraming panukala na naisabatas yan. nakatulong din sa BPO industry at iba pa...

Roxas even penned the pardon papers of Erap... that's the day after Erap got convicted of Plunder.

:banghead:

can you confirm this? i thought it was the firm of Carpio who were involved with this. di naman abogado si Roxas.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 9:09 pm 
Heavyweight

don robert wrote:
zuma wrote:

maraming panukala na naisabatas yan. nakatulong din sa BPO industry at iba pa...

Roxas even penned the pardon papers of Erap... that's the day after Erap got convicted of Plunder.

don robert wrote:
can you confirm this? i thought it was the firm of Carpio who were involved with this. di naman abogado si Roxas.

it's in the government's Gazette...

the BPO thingy, it was not Roxas who "helped" to make it flourish... let's give credit where credit is due...

credit goes to Fidel "tobacco" Ramos, remember his Philippines 2000 campaign?

credit also goes to PGMA... the three years (after EDSA 2) she was focused on the BPO industry... the next 6 years though her husband was focused on corruption.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:19 pm 
Heavyweight

don robert wrote:
zuma wrote:

don robert wrote:

it's in the government's Gazette...

the BPO thingy, it was not Roxas who "helped" to make it flourish... let's give credit where credit is due...

credit goes to Fidel "tobacco" Ramos, remember his Philippines 2000 campaign?

credit also goes to PGMA... the three years (after EDSA 2) she was focused on the BPO industry... the next 6 years though her husband was focused on corruption.

hmnnnnn, the pardon came from the DoJ. when Erap was pardoned, Roxas was a Senator already and together with PNoy, had severed ties with Gloria (due to the hello garci issue). as i know he filed a resolution in the senate urging Gloria to pardon Erap. but for you to say he "penned" the pardon on Erap, grabeng fake news yan. :lol:

Ramos was president until 1998, i hope you still remember. the BPO industry started to sprout in the 2000s na. during Ramos time, ang kinakampanya nya ay ang mga technopark (economic zones) like those in cavite and laguna, some in cebu. although it started sa time ni Cory, pinalaki ni Ramos ito nung time nya kasi quick way to solve employment. kaya mainit ang IT job nuon. pero later on, maraming nagsara nung si Erap na ang naka upo, dala na rin ng economic downturn, kasi nag contract ang economy dulot ng "globalization". ang globalization, sinakyan ni Ramos yun, pero programa ng mga kano ito (started with NAFTA, a brainchild of the republicans na sinakyan ni Bill Clinton). dwa sa nag open ang market c/o globalization lumaki ang economy ng China (umalis later on ang Fedex at Intel sa pinas when China became attractive).

ang credit ni Roxas was he saw the potential of BPO while he was with DTI as its head, during Erap's time and Gloria. He nurtured this while a senator. you read this 2006 article:

Quote:
Dec 29, 2006, 09:00am
Dial Manila
By Suzanne Nam

Six years ago the call-center industry in the Philippines was virtually nonexistent. A handful of companies were handling domestic calls, but no one had yet tapped into the growing international demand for outsourced business services.

For online travel company Expedia , PeopleSupport had to fly 20 Filipino employees to the U.S., setting them up in temporary apartments while they proved themselves at the St. Louis call center for a few weeks.

"To convince our existing clients in the U.S. to even test us out in the Philippines was tough. At that point it wasn't about selling PeopleSupport--I had to sell the whole country," says Borja, whose nickname, Bong, is a common one in his native land.

He found a champion in Manuel Roxas, then Philippine secretary of trade and industry, who helped create tax incentives for BPOs. Roxas, now a senator, even went to client meetings for PeopleSupport and other BPOs in the country.

https://www.forbes.com/global/2007/0108/024a.html#463552b0631a

i hope after reading the article in the link, you will follow your advise on "giving credit where credit is due". :lol:

si Gloria maraming pinangako na mag focus. nahirapan naman sya mag succeed dahil sa rampang corruption. isa sa mga pangako nya nuon ay ang pag wala ng budget deficit at mabalanse ito by 2009. hindi nangyari yun.

we have discussed these issues extensively here in Politics forum. I can't remember you joining the discussion. Or may be i forgot.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:15 pm 
Heavyweight

pag itong si Mar nanalo sa 2019 :shock:

bilib na ko :)

..........................................pero malabo talaga wahahahahahaha kawawa :bounce1:

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:18 pm 
Heavyweight

PeluBoy wrote:
pag itong si Mar nanalo sa 2019 :shock:

bilib na ko :)

..........................................pero malabo talaga wahahahahahaha kawawa :bounce1:

Totoo bang independent siya brad? :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:22 pm 
Heavyweight

sa tingin ko brad kasing tutoo ng pagiging traffic aide at kargador niyang bugok na yan wahahahahaha :lol: :lol: :lol:

.................................ayaw lang niya siguro matatakan ng sumpang "Delawan" sa 2019 elections :bounce1:

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:28 pm 
Heavyweight

heto na naman yung laging sablay... kahit simpleng chestbump sablay pa din...

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 12:26 pm 
Heavyweight

tiyanak2 wrote:
heto na naman yung laging sablay... kahit simpleng chestbump sablay pa din...

pano pag mamake up siguro inaasikaso ng mokong na yan kaya ayun badoy na badoy :lol: :lol:

::: LAKERS LOYALIST #24 ::: ::::: WAGONERSSS S@CK :::::

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 3:05 pm 
Heavyweight

I am betting on mar sa eleksyon

Papasok yan sa magic 12

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 4:29 pm 
Heavyweight

Go MAR! :biglaugh: :biglaugh:

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 4:40 pm 
Heavyweight

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 11:35 pm 
Light Heavyweight

Mar is one of the very few good choices for the Senate this election.
He's not running for VP or the presidency now so siguro naman tototohanin nyang di magmix sa LP.
He was a hard-working man until he joined PNoy's team... Still hard-working but full of politics.

:)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:47 pm 
Heavyweight

Pinoy758 wrote:
Mar is one of the very few good choices for the Senate this election.
He's not running for VP or the presidency now so siguro naman tototohanin nyang di magmix sa LP.
He was a hard-working man until he joined PNoy's team... Still hard-working but full of politics.

:)

The Liberal party has always been the party of a Roxas. It was formed by a Roxas.
LP's color is tri-color (red, yellow, blue) but during the 90s until 2009 it was predominantly blue.
It only became predominantly yellow when it included PNoy as presidential candidate back in 2009.

And LP was sort of resurrected by Mar Roxas (and Franklin Drilon) when Gerry Roxas died.
LP was split in two during the Gloria Arroyo administration: one was with Drilon/Roxas LP the other was the Atienza party.
The Supreme Court ruled that the Atienza party was illegal and that the Drilon/Roxas LP was the legal Liberal Party.

I appreciate your confidence in Roxas but with regards to the LP party claim, you are misinformed.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:55 am 
Light Heavyweight

^^
The LP of the old was long gone... The revived version was full of people with no real agenda but to stay in power then it was made worst the PNoy takeover. Wala pa naman nagbago since PNoy stepped down as president, same people controlling it with Mar on the sideline.

Once a promising presidentiable... That was before he agreed to become PNoy's VP. Sayang.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 10:16 am 
Heavyweight

Pinoy758 wrote:
^^
The LP of the old was long gone... The revived version was full of people with no real agenda but to stay in power then it was made worst the PNoy takeover. Wala pa naman nagbago since PNoy stepped down as president, same people controlling it with Mar on the sideline.

Once a promising presidentiable... That was before he agreed to become PNoy's VP. Sayang.

I was terribly disappointed that Mar slid as VP to PNoy. I considered Manny Villar as president. Although I campaigned for PNoy, I had Villar as close second option. Had Villar stuck to his strengths (ex. strong knowledge on economy, laws, etc) instead of trying hard to endear himself to the masa, I would have voted for him. But when that guy from Cavite (Remulla?) started to take the lead of his campaign, I drifted from the possibility of voting Villar.

And no, LP became what it is now because of Mar Roxas and Franklin Drilon. As a solid core with loyal members, they were just second to NPC in number. There are already changes since it is Leni Robredo now leading the party. I do not understand why you say there is no real agenda when during the PNoy administration, the economy was the agenda. Hindi mo ba nakikita andaming infrastructure ngayon? karamihan ay dahil yan sa PNoy admin.

Kaya mas stable ang economy nung under PNoy admin kasi nag prioritize sila na mga local businesses ang mag invest sa maraming projects. Opposite naman ngayon sa current admin na sa kanilang gusto na mapadali ang mga infrastructure eh they want external money (foreign investors) to come in.

I have no problem with that, kasi it is a matter of political style of running the country. Pero whatever problems (like right now inflation) they should know how to remedy it. It is a given the inflation will go up with the kind of setup they want (ex. higher taxes due to TRAIN). We should ready ourselves with more high inflation with all these foreign investments coming in. Tataas pa lalo dollar nyan and there goes our foreign debt, lalong lalaki ang halaga.

Again, it is a matter of political style. Kung ikaw OK lang sa iyo ang high inflation para magkaron ng say tren duon sa Mindanao while sa lugar mo wala naman nangyayari, it is up to you. Ako, mas gusto ko ang dating style, mababa inflation, everybody happy pag namili. Infrastructure a bit slow lang, iyan ang downside. But I am not in a hurry anway, kung matatagalan ang pagkatapos ng tren sa Mindanao pero at the same time mababa naman ang inflation, mas gusto ko ito kesa sa ngayong nangyayari.

Also, ambagal pa rin ng infrastructure kahit na with so much promises. Two years na nakaupo si Duterte.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 142 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next