Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Fri Aug 17, 2018 5:34 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 1:21 pm 
Heavyweight

Palace: Roxas leaving Cabinet a given

Philippine Daily Inquirer

04:37 AM August 2nd, 2015

Interior Secretary Mar Roxas will resign sooner than later to avoid being accused of using his Cabinet job to boost his presidential candidacy, Malacañang said Saturday.

President Benigno Aquino III picked Roxas as his administration’s presidential candidate in next year’s general elections, announcing his choice at a gathering of Liberal Party (LP) members and their allies on Friday.

Deputy presidential spokesperson Abigail Valte said on Saturday that Roxas’ resignation from the Cabinet “is a given.”

“He will not stay in office to be accused of using his position. Certainly, he will not do that,” Valte said on government-run Radyo ng Bayan.

Preparing to go

Valte said Roxas was “actually preparing” for the transition to whoever would succeed him at the Department of the Interior and Local Government (DILG).

Roxas’ critics do not have to ask for his resignation, Valte said.

“[Resigning) is in the plan of Secretary Roxas,” she said.

A replacement for Roxas at the DILG has yet to be found.

“There are names being floated but we don’t have confirmation. When the announcement is made, we of course will let you (the press) know,” Valte said.

Poll ratings

Roxas needs to work hard to improve his poll standing. He is currently running third, behind Vice President Jejomar Binay and junior Sen. Grace Poe in the Social Weather Stations poll and fourth, behind Davao City Mayor Rodrigo Duterte, in the Pulse Asia survey.

LP leaders say, however, that President Aquino’s endorsement will considerably improve Roxas’ poll ratings.

Mr. Aquino has expressed confidence that Roxas is qualified to lead the country despite the latter’s survey numbers.

Read more: http://newsinfo.inquirer.net/709800/pal ... z3hdFVnNVF
Follow us: @inquirerdotnet on Twitter | inquirerdotnet on Facebook

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 1:22 pm 
Heavyweight

Noy to campaign for Mar – Palace
By Aurea Calica (The Philippine Star) | Updated August 2, 2015 - 12:00am

MANILA, Philippines - President Aquino will campaign for his anointed successor, Department of the Interior and Local Government (DILG) Secretary Manuel Roxas II – but without using government resources.

Malacañang gave the assurance yesterday as it emphasized Roxas would definitely resign but declined to confirm whether Liberal Party secretary general Mel Senen Sarmiento would be appointed to take over the DILG.

Deputy presidential spokesperson Abigail Valte said over radio dzRB the President went out of his way to rally support for the administration candidates in 2013.

“The President really helped in pushing for their candidacies. You can expect no less from the President, especially when it comes to the candidacy of Secretary Mar Roxas,” Valte said.

She also expressed belief the Cabinet members were solidly behind the President, judging from the presence of most of them at Club Filipino in Greenhills, San Juan on Friday.

“We must remember that members of the Cabinet… know how professional Secretary Roxas is when it comes to work. So I think their mere presence alone...will tell you that their support is there for the President’s candidate,” Valte said, adding some of them missed the event because of prior commitments.

Valte said there was nothing to worry about resources getting allocated for election purposes because “we know the law and we follow the law.”

According to Valte, the details of the lump sum funds in the budget for 2016 can be accessed by the public on government websites and that the Department of Budget and Management has “disaggregated” the bulk of the amount.

“Some of them – again, by the very nature of the Special Purpose Fund – you cannot really itemize because it takes away the flexibility that Congress has always given to the President in terms of special items,” she said.

“We have already discussed that,” Valte said, adding that such was the case for the Contingency Fund and the Calamity Fund.

Valte also said Roxas’ resignation from the DILG was a given and he cannot be accused of using his position to advance his candidacy.

“Certainly, he will not do that (use his position). It is a given that he will step down. What he is actually preparing for is the transition already to whoever will lead the DILG next,” Valte said.

“So there is no need to ask for that. That is really part of the plan of Secretary Roxas,” she said.

Different ballgame

Valte also said it’s a different ballgame now between Roxas and Vice President Jejomar Binay in the presidential race.

“In my view, a lot has changed since 2010 leading to 2016. And maybe now Vice President Binay is facing more allegations of corruption that they have not yet answered in the Senate,” she said. Roxas lost to Binay in the 2010 vice presidential race. Binay at that time was not yet plagued with corruption issues.

“I think there is big difference between the situation in 2010 and what the situation will be in 2016,” Valte said.

The Vice President resigned from the Aquino Cabinet to become the leader of the opposition.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 1:24 pm 
Heavyweight

‘No LP breakup with choice of Mar’

By Paolo Romero (The Philippine Star) | Updated August 2, 2015 - 12:00am

MANILA, Philippines - There will be no break-up of the ruling Liberal Party after Interior Secretary Mar Roxas was declared as the administration’s presidential candidate in the 2016 elections, LP leaders said yesterday.

LP vice chairman and Speaker Feliciano Belmonte Jr. issued the statement amid persistent rumors that the party is headed for a split over President Aquino’s endorsement of Roxas, who is trailing behind Vice President Jejomar Binay and Sen. Grace Poe in the presidential surveys.

“Now, we don’t have differing opinions, we have only one opinion to rally behind Roxas,” Belmonte said after Roxas accepted Aquino’s endorsement during a gathering at Club Filipino in Greenhills on Friday.

“From the very beginning, there were no talks that LP will not be leading to that (endorsement other than Roxas),” he said.

Reps. Ben Evardone of Eastern Samar and Winston Castelo of Quezon City, both LP stalwarts, said Roxas’ declaration to run for president is expected to boost the morale of LP members and galvanize them to ensure his victory in 2016.

Reps. Christopher Belmonte of Quezon City and Francis Gerald Abaya of Cavite said they expect other parties belonging to the administration coalition, including the National Unity Party (NUP), Nationalist People’s Coalition (NPC) and Nacionalista Party, to keep the alliance intact in support of Roxas.

Cavite Rep. Elpidio Barzaga of the NUP said Roxas has emerged as the man to beat after securing Aquino’s endorsement.

“He is the only one who can continue what P-Noy has started and this is our battle cry – continuity – and this is Mar’s strongest card,” Barzaga said, adding the achievements of the administration – good governance, transparency, accountability and sustained economic growth – would propel Roxas’ presidential bid.

Barzaga said another edge Roxas possesses over his rivals is the established political machinery of the LP and its allies, many of whom are running unopposed in their provinces, districts, cities and municipalities.

“With a machinery like that in place, it will be a lot easier to campaign for a Roxas presidency in the grassroots level where administration allies are entrenched,” he said.

Roxas-Poe tandem

The LP leaders said they would still push for a tandem of Roxas and Poe, who is being urged by NPC leaders to run for president with Sen. Francis Escudero as her running mate.

Belmonte said he thinks the President will still try to convince Poe to be Roxas’ running mate.

Aquino had mentioned his meetings with Roxas, Poe and Escudero in his endorsement speech.

“I think the President will still try to do that (meet)… but if they (Escudero and Poe) are determined (to go on their own) we cannot do anything about it,” the Speaker said.

Budget Secretary Florencio Abad said a Roxas-Poe tandem is something the administration prefers, owing to the senator’s popularity.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 4:35 pm 
Middleweight

Kay Roxas ako.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 11:12 pm 
Heavyweight

Location: The more I see of man, the more I like dogs. ~Mme. de Staël
Dwight este MikeZobel is back!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
May bangag na naman tayong kasama rito. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.
~ Mark Twain

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 11:14 am 
Heavyweight

Mullato wrote:
Dwight este MikeZobel is back!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
May bangag na naman tayong kasama rito. :lol: :lol: :lol:

deadma lang sya pre

maganda rin naidulot ng rehab
:lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 3:26 pm 
Heavyweight

Kris Aquino on PNoy endorsing Mar: silence, then, 'I promised Noy I'll keep quiet'
By: InterAksyon.com | With Hannibal Talete, News5
August 2, 2015 2:37 PM

MANILA - (UPDATE2, 10:28PM) Listen to the words that remain unspoken. This seems to have been the message of presidential sister Kris Aquino on Saturday at the short program marking her mother's sixth death anniversary at the Manila Memorial Park, where she was asked to react to President Benigno Aquino III's endorsement of Secretary Mar Roxas as 2016 standard bearer.

When a reporter asked, "Ma'am your reaction na lang po na si Secretary Mar yung inaasahan pong magtutuloy ng legasiya ng inyo pong mga magulang [Please react to the statement that Secretary Mar is expected to continue the legacy of your parents]?" the usually irrepressible actress-TV host kept quiet for almost five seconds, and then said: "I promised Noy [President Aquino] to keep quiet about that. I mean yung ano, may pinag-usapan kaming magkapatid so sana galangin ko na lang yun at galangin nyo na may pinag-usapan kami and in due time. Thank you [I mean, we sibblings had an agreement, so I will respect that and I hope you respect that we have to abide by our agreement, and in due time...]."

Elaborating on her cryptic remarks at her mother's sixth death anniversary program, Kris Aquino on Sunday morning indicated she was still uncertain about supporting Roxas for the 2016 polls because she kept special ties with the families of two other people who could be his rivals: that of Sen. Grace Poe and Vice President Jejomar Binay.

Kris was interviewed Sunday morning before filing her voting transfer application and undergoing biometric registration at the Quezon City Comelec office, having transferred residence from Makati City.

Asked anew about what she thought of her brother's endorsement of Roxas, the presidential sister more or less repeated her reply at the sidelines of the program at the Manila Memorial Park on Saturday, when she paused for five seconds and said she had promised Mr. Aquino she will keep quiet.

On Sunday morning, the irrepressible TV host-actress said, "Ganito na lang [Let's put it this way]: if I will not support the candidate of my brother, I'll shut up."

Aquino said Sunday she received a request from Roxas for them to meet: "(Secretary) Mar sends a text he asks to have coffee. I said, 'of course I would love to!.' Kinakapatid ko siya [He is my god-brother]. His mother [Judy Araneta-Roxas] is my baptismal godmother."

She quickly added, though: "But (President) Noy knows Tita Susan (Roces-Poe) holds a very special place in my heart. Grace and I are friends."

As for the family of VP Binay, whose friendship with the Aquinos dates back to the Marcos dictatorship, Kris said: "Kami ni Anne (Binay) nag-usap na kami, sinabi namin na [Anne and I have talked to each other, we said] we understand pero siyempre [but of course] when he (referring to VP Binay) attacks my brother, it hurts. And I'm sure when Noy says stuff, they (Binays) get hurt, but I would like to believe that our friendship will survive."

Flowers from Binay

Earlier Saturday, Kris confirmed that the huge wreath of white flowers, which was among the first that arrived Saturday at the Ninoy-Cory grave at Manila Memorial Park, had come from Vice President Jejomar Binay, whose family, she said, remains their friends despite the recent harsh exchanges between the President and some of his Cabinet members, on one hand, and VP Binay and his own aides on the other.

Asked to confirm if the flowers came from Binay, Kris replied, "We're still friends. Anne remains one of my closest friends," referrring to Anne Binay, one of the VP's daughters.

On Saturday, Binay's media chief Joey Salgado said the vice president had sent flowers to the grave of former President Cory Aquino, who appointed him Makati mayor in 1986, and whom he was credited with helping secure in the tense days of standoff during the 4-day EDSA Revolt in 1986 and later, several coup d 'etats against her young presidency.

Salgado said the vice president said a prayer for his former boss.

In an earlier report, the Philippine Daily Inquirer quoted the Aquino sisters as no longer supportive of the vice president - a friend of the family since the Marcos dictatorship - after Binay uttered a scathing denunciation of the "manhid at palpak" [dense and incompetent] brand of governance under the LP-led administration.

Meanwhile, Kris revealed she was changing her voting place to Quezon City. "Tomorrow I'm changing where I'm voting because I no longer live in Makati."

Siblings' exchange

In impromptu remarks after Mass was celebrated Saturday at the Ninoy-Cory grave, Kris said, "we [Aquino siblings] will all make different choices in our lives but at the end of the day, hindi namin kokontrahin ang isa't isa dahil [we won't contradict each other because] we are united as a family. And I think that is what has kept us strong."

Kris thanked Jesuit priest Father Catalino Arevalo, who she said had been their family's spiritual rock for over three decades, since he first said Mass for them in Boston.

Kris took pride in pointing out that, while their family isn't perfect, they [the siblings] never quarrelled after her death, and have taken care of each other, something she said is noteworthy in a society used to tales of famous families fighting.

"I think in the Philippines, sa lahat ng mga kwentong nababasa natin about families who dont get along, the fact that those of us who are in the lime light have managed to stay united since our mom died is a big deal."

She thanked her siblings, especially eldest sister Ballsy, who she noted will turn 60 on August 18. Ballsy had taken care of everyone even when their parents were alive, and Kris described her as "super sharing, super caring, so selfless."

There for each other, always

Kris revealed she and her sisters texted each other, after they learned their brother was not felling well last July 27 when he delivered his final State of the Nation Address (SONA).

She said her sister Pinky texted, "maybe we've been selfish. Baka it's time, let's pray that he finds a real partner in life. Kasi malungkot na mag-isa ka. Nandun 'yun Pink, you said it's sad. It's sad to be alone . . . and sana may mag-alaga sa kanya."

She begged her brother's forgiveness for reading aloud their text exchange from Thursday night. "I told him, I was really praying for you. And when I was reading the Bible this is what i read: From the book of proverbs, Kris said she found this: "He holds victory in store for the upright. He has a shield to those whose walk is blameless for he guards the course of the just and protects the way of the faithful ones.

"Then you'll understand what is right and just and fair, every good path," in other words, Kris said, 'daang matuwid' [the straight and righteous path].

She then read on: "For wisdom will enter your heart and knowledge will be pleasant to your soul. Discretion will protect you and understanding will guard you. He holds victory in store for the upright, he's a shield to those whose walk is blameless. Wisdom will save you from the ways of wicked men, from whose words are pervrse, who leave the straight paths to walk in dark ways, who delight in doing wrong, and rejoice in the perverseness of evil, whose paths are crooked' and who are devious in their ways." The last pertinent verse was verse 20, Kris added: "thus you'll walk in the ways of good men and keep to the paths of the righteous."

Kris then addressed PNoy, and said, "I'm not just your number 1 fan. I'm your sister who loves you so much. And i'm praying so hard to the Holy Spirit that He will continue to guide you. I pray to Mama Mary that she will always protect you. And your choice is part of God's plan for your life.

In response, Kris said the President texted back: "with all the sincerity I can muster, I truly appreciate all the concern and the love."

Kris said she pointed out to her brother how he never "asks" nor "imposes" anything from her. "But when the timing is right and whenever you should need me, I emphasize, for you, I will always be there."
She said their late mother had repeatedly exhorted them to be "there for each other."

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 9:53 pm 
Heavyweight

Location: The more I see of man, the more I like dogs. ~Mme. de Staël
Kris Pokpok natikman sigurado si Kuhol Junjun kaya Binay siya.
Poor talaga lang taste ng pokpok na ito, pati si Herbert at Joey pinatulan. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.
~ Mark Twain

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 1:46 am 
Light Heavyweight

Si Rene Requestas (sumalangit nawa) lang yata ang di tumama ke Kristeta... O hindi nga ba? :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 10:46 am 
Heavyweight

sobra naman kayo mang mullatz.

aba'y parehong artista at politiko ang mga iyan.

kung pumatol sa kamukha ng nasa avatar ni crush ng bayan...............iyon wala ng ka taste-taste iyon.

:biglaugh: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 11:04 am 
Heavyweight

AnTararatan wrote:
Si Rene Requestas (sumalangit nawa) lang yata ang di tumama ke Kristeta... O hindi nga ba? :lol:

baka napinger lang.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 11:46 am 
Heavyweight

Mar invites Grace to be his VP on national TV

By Patricia Lourdes Viray (philstar.com) | Updated August 5, 2015 - 10:12am

MANILA, Philippines — Interior and Local Government Secretary Manuel "Mar" Roxas II on Wednesday morning asked Sen. Grace Poe to be his running mate on national television.

"Bukas ho ang aming partido, bukas po ako at iniimbita ho namin si Senadora Grace Poe na sumama dito sa tandem na ito, sumama dito sa ating movement, sa ating laban ipagpapatuloy, pagpapalawak ng Daang Matuwid," Roxas said in an interview with GMA News' Unang Balita.

President Benigno Aquino III recently endorsed Roxas as the presidential candidate of the ruling Liberal Party for the upcoming 2016 polls.

Roxas clarified that he had asked Poe months ago to run with him as a team prior Aquino's endorsement.

"Ang sagot noong kapanahunang 'yon, pero buwan na ang nakalipas, nasagot naman niya na pinag-iisipan pa niya at so ganun lang," Roxas added.

The Interior Secretary noted that Poe might have thought that the offer to be his running mate was not formal at the time.

Meanwhile, Roxas admitted that he is also considering Camarines Sur Rep. Leni Robredo and Batangas Gov. Vilma Santos to be his running mate.

"Lahat naman sila ay may kanya-kanyang karansan, kakayahan at ipinakitang malasakit sa ating mga kababayan at sa ating bansa. Ang pinakamahalagang katangian dito ay yung talagang nakatutok at to the bones ba na naniniwala dito sa Daang Matuwid," Roxas explained.

Poe vowed to support to support the "Daang Matuwid" or "Straight Path" of President Benigno Aquino III following the president's endorsement of Roxas.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 2:31 pm 
Heavyweight

Secretary of Nutrition na si president sana :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 2:36 pm 
Heavyweight

Nakow, daming magagalit sa hukay na to. Saan na bi sa Mar don robert? Ikaw, saan ka na? :D

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 2:39 pm 
Middleweight

rudge wrote:
Nakow, daming magagalit sa hukay na to. Saan na bi sa Mar don robert? Ikaw, saan ka na? :D

magkasama silang dalawa!! :lol: :lol:.............sa kangkungan!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next