Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Fri Feb 22, 2019 8:03 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1693 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 109, 110, 111, 112, 113  Next
 Post subject: Re: Jejomar Binay Thread
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 2:11 pm 
bigatooth wrote:
PeluBoy wrote:
5. patay na sana si Trillanes

:celebrate:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

wag naman baka maging martyr at santo si tonyo nyan :lol: :lol:

wahahahahaha baka pati si San Pedro magprotesta pag nangyari yan brad :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 2:13 pm 
boxing_the_no1_sport wrote:
PeluBoy wrote:
san kaya tatakbo si Junjun niyan :?

balik vice mayor

parang nadaig pa siya ni Cong. Luis Campos of 1st District of Makati, asawa ni Abby :shock:

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 10:38 am 
Heavyweight

Binay sibling rivalry stirs up Makati polls
By: Dexter Cabalza - Reporter / @dexcabalzaINQ Philippine Daily Inquirer / 07:16 AM October 13, 2018

Unless one of the two siblings concedes to the other, a Binay versus Binay fight for Makati City’s top post in the May 2019 elections is already set in stone.

Mayor Abby Binay confirmed to the Inquirer on Friday that she would be running for reelection under the United Nationalist Alliance (UNA) alongside her father, former Vice President Jejomar Binay, who would run for Makati first district representative.

Abby said she was “ready for anything,” even going head-to-head with her younger brother, former Mayor Junjun Binay. “I will run, regardless of who else is running for mayor. It’s a categorical statement that I am running.”

Father’s blessings

In a separate interview on Thursday, Junjun announced he was “really inclined to run for mayor because of the strong clamor for me to go back.”

While both siblings said they would wait for their parents to return home today to discuss and finally settle the issue, Abby was certain it was she who would get their father’s blessings.

“As far as I’m concerned, there is no longer room for discussion,” she said, showing a certification of nomination and acceptance (Cona) signed by their father on Sept. 27, the day their parents flew to Italy for a pilgrimage.

“This means that I am the party candidate for mayor of Makati of UNA as signed by the chairman. Does he (Junjun) have his Cona yet?,” she said.

Abby just laughed when asked what she would do if their father retracted his decision and supported her brother. “I think it’s a little too late for my dad to do that because he signed [the Cona] under oath. Unless he issues another one, in which case we will be both candidates of UNA,” she said.

Family agreement

Under election rules, if a political party nominates more than one candidate for the same position, all the nominations for that post “shall be denied by the Commission on Elections (Comelec) and they shall all be declared independent.”

But Junjun said he would wait for his father’s return “and he may be enlightened when he learns that I have the numbers.”

The younger Binay appealed to his sister to “give way this time, just as I gave way for her last election.”

According to Junjun, there was a family “agreement” that Abby would only serve one term as mayor.

Abby was surprised, saying that it was her first time to hear about it.

“It is news to me. I don’t remember anything … no one even reminded me of that. Even my dad doesn’t even say that,” she said.

“If I only knew that I would serve as a bench warmer or just a dummy, I would not have run at all,” Abby added.

On Tuesday, 13 out of the 18 councilors, as well as the officials of 21 out of the 33 barangays in the city announced their withdrawal of support for the mayor, and called on Junjun to reclaim the position from his sister.

In a statement, the officials called Abby “heartless” and “insensitive” to the needs of the city’s marginalized sectors, including the senior citizens and street vendors.

‘Binay brand’

“The councilors asked me to listen to the feel on the ground because there was dissatisfaction,” Junjun said, adding that Makati residents “really miss the Binay brand of leadership” that he and his father espoused.

For Junjun, a Binay leader is one who “interacts with people on the street, goes around even in a T-shirt and slippers, embraces ordinary folks and is easy to approach any time of the day.”

“These have never been done by my sister. She has not done what I and our father did that we are so loved by the people of Makati,” he said, noting how he was able to get 83 percent of the total votes when he ran in 2013 against Kid Peña. (Abby won again against Peña in the 2016 polls with 52 percent of the votes.)

Junjun told his sister: “You are not merely running the City Hall.”

The mayor shot back: “How can I have projects if I do not know what the Makati residents want? I cannot do that without going down [to] the people.”

She said it was during her term that City Hall services were extended to the barangays through satellite offices and village caravans.

“If the people were not able to feel me, I hope that the service is felt. It is not my physical presence that is important. What is important is the service,” Abby added.

If she did not show enough of the “Binay brand” of service, it would be their father who should be complaining to her, she said. “But why is our father the one supporting me [in the elections]?”

Questions have been raised on whether Junjun could even run again for public office in view of the corruption charges still pending against him in connection with the construction of the Makati City Hall parking building.

Former Comelec Chair Sixto Brillantes, his legal counsel, on Friday said that there was no ground to disqualify him from running in the midterm polls since no court has rendered a final judgment perpetually barring the former mayor from seeking public office.

No disqualification
“The rule is, even in Comelec’s Question [No.] 22, the judgment should be final and executory. In his case, it’s not yet final so there’s no disqualification to speak of,” Brillantes said.

Under Question 22 on the certificate of candidacy, aspirants are asked whether they were ever found liable for an offense carrying a penalty of perpetual disqualification that was final and executory.

Two years ago, the Office of the Ombudsman barred Junjun from running for public office due to his alleged role in the overpriced P2.3-billion Makati City Hall Parking Building II. However, in May this year, the Court of Appeals reversed the decision, citing the condonation doctrine.

At the Comelec office where he accompanied his eldest sister, Sen. Nancy Binay, who filed her candidacy papers for reelection, Junjun said he hasn’t seen Abby since July.

“The last time we spoke was during my birthday, July 12,” he said.

Junjun said he accompanied Senator Binay because there was no one in the family available to go with her.

Hope for peaceful resolution

He said he was hopeful that when their parents return “we would be able to talk about what direction the family will take,” referring to his dispute with Abby.

“Of course my dad isn’t here, so it would be difficult to make a move without again talking,” he said.

Both siblings wanted to peacefully resolve their conflict.

Junjun said it would all be better if Abby just left City Hall. “Her style is more for Congress and not for mayor,” he said.

That was unacceptable to Abby. “Why is he telling me what I can and cannot do? That’s unfair,” she said.

Asked if it was possible for one of them to run as the other’s vice mayor, Abby said that was unpalatable.

“I find it unappealing that two siblings will be sitting at the topmost posts at the City Hall. It leaves a bad taste in the mouth,” she said.

Abby believes she will win against anyone. “I don’t want to be overconfident, but we always base on data. Our surveys say I will overwhelmingly win, regardless of scenario,” she said.

According to a commissioned survey by pollster Pulse Asia in August, she would win 69 percent of the votes if she ran against Junjun. She would still win with 67 percent of the votes against Ricky Yabut, son of former Makati Mayor Nemesio Yabut, and by 65 percent against former acting Mayor Kid Peña. —WITH REPORTS FROM JOVIC YEE AND FAYE ORELLANA

Read more: https://newsinfo.inquirer.net/1042361/b ... z5Tm60TaA0
Follow us: @inquirerdotnet on Twitter | inquirerdotnet on Facebook

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 4:44 pm 
nagandahan ako kay Abby before :)

pero yun sa local network interview niya lately (in hidef :lol: ) kita pala yun mga ugat sa cheeks niya :shock:

...................mas pretty na si Sen. Nancy tuloy para sa akin :lol:

go go go Nancy-Junjun tandem hihihih

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 1:09 pm 
Heavyweight

Ex-VP Binay: Makati people, not me, will decide if they want Abby or Junjun as mayor
(philstar.com) - October 15, 2018 - 12:14pm

MANILA, Philippines — Former vice president and family patriarch Jejomar Binay said he would let the people of Makati decide who is more worthy to lead their city.

Two of his children, incumbent Makati Mayor Abigail “Abby” Binay-Campos and youngest Jejomar “Junjun” Binay Jr., are locked in a public spat for the mayoral seat in Makati, the clan’s bailiwick.

Related Stories
Abby Binay and Junjun Binay to clash in Makati?
Binay vs Binay: Junjun ready to run against sister; Abby has Jejomar's support
Abby Binay: 'I have my father’s support'
Junjun Binay can run for mayor – ComelecLast week, it was said that the former vice president would step in and discuss the matter within their family.

On Monday, the elder Binay said in Filipino: “I am respecting their decision to run for the mayoral seat of Makati. I did not decide on who between them is worthy of becoming the mayor.”

“The people of Makati will decide on that,” he added in a statement.

The family patriarch also said that both of his children “proved that they have the capacity and experience to serve the government.”

He added that the camps of his children have arrived on an agreement to practice civility and sobriety and to focus on their platforms for the people of Makati while campaigning.

Abby is running under the United Nationalist Alliance, her father’s political party, while Junjun is a candidate of his local party, Una ang Makati.

Abby tells Junjun: Let me have my chance

Abby turned emotional when asked to give a message to Junjun in an interview on ANC’s “Headstart” on Monday morning. She recalled that she has been with Junjun “through all the joy and sorrow... in all crises he has been through, personally and politically.”

“I was standing up for him. I’m the elder sister. I wish he would give me a chance,” Abby said while her tears welled up.

“He had his turn it doesn’t make sense that when he was mayor, that I want to run for mayor. It’s [inconceivable] for us to clash,” the incumbent Makati mayor said in a mix of English and Filipino.

Junjun said last Friday that his elder sister has destroyed their family’s brand of public service. He also said that 13 councilors “bolted away” from Abby when she took over as Makati mayor in 2016.

Abby, meanwhile, refuted Junjun’s statement that there was an agreement that she would serve as Makati mayor for one term only.

She said that she would not have “worked this hard, put in so many projects” if she would not run for another term.

Their spat, Abby said, would “divide” their family even after elections.

She said that she only wants her brother to give her a chance. “That is all,” she added.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 1:15 pm 
Heavyweight

Junjun Binay vies for Makati mayor seat, challenges sister Abby
(philstar.com) - October 16, 2018 - 12:22pm

MANILA, Philippines — Former Makati City Mayor Jejomar “Junjun” Binay Jr. on Tuesday formalized his bid to challenge his sister, Abigail, on the leadership of Makati.

News5 reported that Junjun has filed his certificate of candidacy on Tuesday, with his running mate Monsour del Rosario and others who will run as councilors under their tandem.

#BilangPilipino2019 | Kasama ni dating mayor Junjun Binay na naghain ng kandidatura ang running mate na si Monsour del Rosario at mga kandidato para sa councilor. | via @dqdevera pic.twitter.com/3uAyVkfi5P

— News5 AKSYON (@News5AKSYON) October 16, 2018
Junjun was accompanied by his sister, Sen. Nancy Binay, who is also seeking a new term in the Senate.

Incumbent Makati Mayor Abby appealed on Monday that his brother should give her a chance.

She told ANC’s “Headstart” that she has been with Junjun through hard and happy times. “I was standing up for him. I’m the elder sister. I wish he would give me a chance,” she added.

The Binay patriarch, former Vice President Jejomar Binay, was expected to intervene in the public tug-of-war between Junjun and Abby. He instead distanced himself and said that he will not choose between the two on who should run for mayoral seat in Makati City, their clan’s bailiwick.

“The people of Makati will decide on that,” the former vice president said in a statement on Monday.

Junjun served as Makati mayor from 2010 until 2015, when he was dismissed by the Office of the Ombudsman.

The ombudsman found the then-Makati mayor guilty of grave misconduct and serious dishonesty over his involvement in the alleged overpriced construction of the Makati City Science High School building.

The Court of Appeals, in May this year, reversed the ombudsman’s dismissal.

Meanwhile, the family patriarch is gunning for a seat at the House of Representatives for the First District of Makati City.

The eldest daughter, Nancy, was accompanied by Junjun when she filed her COC for a Senate seat last Friday. — Kristine Joy Patag

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 1:44 pm 
my take on this internal family squabble

......VP Jojo sided with Abby not only because she is the incumbent, but also because his true desire is for Junjun to win back the mayoralty post of Makati......there is a real threat to the Binays' long-time rule in their bailiwick of Makati, and that is the spectre of Abby's husband taking over the turf.......unlike Nancy's husband who hasn't dabbled in politics (yet), Campos is already a Makati congressman, and even if Abby is still a Binay, the fact that her hubby has shown a penchant for politics and an independent political will..........threatens the elder Binay's hold on Makati

by siding with Abby, Jojo ensured "friendly" relations between the Binays and Camposes should Abby win.....and if Junjun wins, that's what he really wanted in the first place........

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2018 1:12 pm 
Heavyweight

sabi ni VP binay " I think BBM won the VP race" :shock: :shock:

- one news interview

::: LAKERS LOYALIST #24 ::: ::::: WAGONERSSS S@CK :::::

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2018 5:44 pm 
Cruiserweight

bigatooth wrote:
sabi ni VP binay " I think BBM won the VP race" :shock: :shock:

- one news interview

:lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:51 am 
Heavyweight

Tama naman...hindi talaga political dynasty ang pamilya Binay...

________

Nancy Binay on 'political dynasty' tag: Parang mali

Kaufman, Karl

--
Senator Nancy Binay on Thursday said she does not agree that her family deserves the "political dynasty" tag as the term "dynasty" connotes that power is handed down from a relative to another.

"Para sa akin, parang mali yung term na dynasty,” Binay said during her interview on Dobol B sa News TV’s Ikaw Na Ba? series of senatorial interviews.

"Unang-una, ang definition ng political dynasty, nililipat ito by birth right sa isang tao. Kami naman ho, 'yung pamilya ko, lahat naman kami dumadaan sa isang proseso. We subject ourselves to the will of the people,” she added.

Binay said under the Philippine system, government positions cannot be transferred directly to a family member. She noted the chance that a member of political family can always lose in an election.

"In fact, tignan ho natin yung ibang political families, hindi ho automatic mananalo yung anak o asawa. Kumbaga kinikilatis pa rin po kami ng mga botante,” Binay said.

Binay's father, former Vice President Jejomar Binay, is seeking a congressional seat in the May elections, while her brother and sister, Junjun and Abby, are running for mayor of Makati City.

Abby is the incumbent mayor of Makati City, a post formerly held by Junjun, Jejomar and the family matriarch, Elenita.

“At the end of the day, ang mga tao ang mamimili. Hindi ito pasa-pasa,” Senator Binay said.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:37 pm 
Heavyweight

Hindi pa ba nakukulong?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 3:23 pm 
Heavyweight

Retz wrote:
Hindi pa ba nakukulong?

di pa, sinira lang ni tonyo, until now wala paring nakukulong nang dahil sa chika nya :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 3:26 pm 
Middleweight

malakas yata sa sarbey si Madam Nancy.................... :shock:

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 3:39 pm 
Heavyweight

The.Equalizer wrote:

May nagawa ba sya sa senado?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 4:37 pm 
Heavyweight

JABEZJ wrote:
The.Equalizer wrote:

May nagawa ba sya sa senado?

meron naman, trending parati mga attire ni madam nancy 8)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1693 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 109, 110, 111, 112, 113  Next