Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Fri Jun 22, 2018 1:41 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 217 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15  Next
PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 11:38 am 
Heavyweight

Sure win na si Manny.

Kaya as early as now, let's track his performance as an Honorable Senator of the Philippines...

Post natin dito ang mga updates, news, etc. about him.

OK game na... :D

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 11:38 am 
Light Heavyweight

Ano ang unang agenda natin dito :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 11:39 am 
Heavyweight

Pacquiao slugs his way to No. 3 in senatorial poll

Philippine Daily Inquirer

02:05 AM April 26th, 2016

SARANGANI Rep. Manny Pacquiao, fresh from his demolition of American Timothy Bradley, has slugged his way up in the senatorial race.

The 37-year-old Pacquiao has moved up to third behind front-runners, Senators Franklin Drilon and Vicente Sotto III, according to the results of the latest Social Weather Stations (SWS) survey.

Of the 1,800 registered voters interviewed for the survey, 37 percent indicated preference for the Filipino boxing icon.

Read more: http://newsinfo.inquirer.net/781663/pac ... z46tszHaSK
Follow us: @inquirerdotnet on Twitter | inquirerdotnet on Facebook

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 11:40 am 
Heavyweight

I think Pacquiao is much better than Revilla, Lapid and Noynoy in the Senate...

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 11:42 am 
Heavyweight

Comment of a certain pranzer sa PDI...
Di kaya siya din ang pranzer na Paclander?

pranzer •20 minutes ago

What is wrong with a Pacquiao in the senate? In the past you have voted for Lapid, Revilla, and who else. Senators represent the people, Pacquiao represent the great majority of poor people and poorly educated masa. It is only right that they be represented.

You don't like him because he has no formal schooling. You don't like him because you like him to remain simply as a boxer. You don't like him because he does not understand or does not have a profound understanding od national issues. You want to vote for people who are lawyers, businessmen, traditional politicians who have been there for as long as one can remember yet have not done enough to champion the people's cause. We are still beset by corruption by the same people you elected. We have laws but they are designed to favor the rich and influential, and laws that are not being implemented because they do not care. Our judicial and electoral system is corrupt, the police and military is corrupt and the bureaucracy is corrupt and inept, callous to the people's sentiments.

I will vote for Pacquiao because what he has done has never been done by any Filipino dead or alive: he has brought the country pride and honor to the world. He has shown compassion for the poor even when he was only a fledgling boxer. He was charitable and humble.

My only wish for him is to improve his attendance. Now that he is retired, he will have a near perfect attendance. If he fight Mayweather again in the future I would understand if he absents again for anyway he is serving his country that way by that means.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 11:48 am 
Heavyweight

No.1 Absentee sa Congress..

kaya No.1 Absentee din sa Senado..

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 11:48 am 
Heavyweight

senyorito wrote:

Now that he's retired, tingin ko 100% na ang attendance nyan sa Senado...

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 11:50 am 
Heavyweight

From a Pachater...

________

Let us save Manny Pacquiao from himself

by Andrew James Masigan
April 24, 2016

The latest SWS and Pulse Asia surveys show Manny Pacquiao being well within the magic 12 of senatorial bets. With his recent victory against Tim Bradley, analysts foresee a further boost to his ratings, perhaps even reaching the top six. At this point, it seems a seat in the Senate is his to lose.

I have nothing but respect for Manny Pacquiao. He is a sportsman with world class talent with the discipline to match. His dedication to his sport is something every budding athlete should emulate. Throughout his boxing career, he has brought honor to the country over and over again. For this, I am grateful.

Manny Pacquiao is arguably the best athlete this country has ever produced…. and here lies the problem. He is an athlete, not a lawyer, not a legislator.

I have too much respect for Manny Pacquiao to subject him to the Senate where his incompetence in the law will be displayed to full view. This is why I am not voting for him. Like a rookie swimmer taking-on the Chicago Bulls in a game of basketball, he will surely fumble and fall in the Senate just as Bong Revilla did. He will be the national laughing stock and the butt of all jokes. The adulation we all have for him will turn to mockery, The respect, into resentment. It will spell the demise of this Filipino icon.

Well-meaning friends have warned him about the perils of playing a game he does not understand – yet he remains belligerent. We should do him (and ourselves) a favor by preventing him from going down this road.

If saving Manny Pacquiao from himself is not reason enough not to vote for him, perhaps these reasons will.

Academic ineptitude leads to puppetry

Being a Senator calls for authoring laws and vetting proposed pieces of legislation written by fellow lawmakers. It requires knowledge in the law, economics, finance, humanities and a whole spectrum of disciplines that affect the nation. Manny Pacquiao does not have the academic faculties to participate in this forum. Sure, he has a high school diploma belatedly conferred to him by the DepEd and has enrolled for a business course at the Notre Dame University of Dadiangas – but this, unfortunately, falls desperately short of what is needed at the Upper House.

True, no one can be a master of all things, not even the most brilliant of Senators. That is why many of them rely on their advisers – as Manny Pacquiao will, if elected. The difference between them is that seasoned legislators can discern good counsel from bad ones on the back of their stock knowledge and experience. Pacquiao’s limited knowledge, outside the field of sports, will consign him to being a puppet of his advisors and party mates, most of whom are traditional politicians of the most despicable kind. He will likely be a victim of manipulation and abuse.

To vote for Manny Pacquiao will give these traditional politician a voice in the Senate.

Legislation is a chore

Why hire (or elect) a man who does not even show up for work? I examined his attendance record in congress and discovered that during his first term, from 2010 to 2013, the man was absent for 70 out of 168 days. During the 16th Congress in 2014, he was present for a grand total of 4 days.

It is said that if you love your work, not only will you find ways to be physically present in the workplace, you will also thrive in it. Pacquiao is a fish out of water within the halls of the legislature which is why being there is a chore and a sacrifice. No surprise that none of the bills he has filed has passed – not even in the committee level. Neither his bill to create a boxing commission nor the bill that requires every barangay in Sarangani to have a community health center has seen the light of day. It is really quite pathetic.

By not voting for him, we liberate the man from the “chore” of reporting for work.

A Sense of entitlement

I am certain Manny Pacquiao is fully aware of his academic limitations (if he is not aware of it, than he is more naive than we think). The fact that he thinks he can “wing it” and cruise through his term at the Upper House reeks of self entitlement. His unwillingness to relegate the Senate seat to someone more qualified tells me that he is in it for himself and not the Filipino people. He is drawn to the Senate not for the opportunity to institute legislative reforms but by the gravitas and power it wields. From where I sit, Pacquiao’s senate run is motivated by vanity and self indulgence – all at the public’s expense.

Religious agenda

Based on Pacquiao’s tweeter feeds and rare commentaries on current events, it seems the man’s convictions are centered not on economic, political or social matters but on the religious ones. He maintains a conservative religious point of view.

That said, the Senate is the wrong forum for him. He should join the clergy. Problem is, the clergy is too severe an environment for him what with the vow of poverty, chastity and obedience a prerequisite.

Unknowingly, Manny Pacquiao has expressed how he really feels about the LGBT community. For those unaware, he referred to copulating homosexuals as being more despicable than animals.

In his myopic mind, he believes that adultery is a lesser evil than homosexuality. He forgets the catholic dogma that there is no distinction between sins. As the Bible says in James 2:10, “For whoever shall keep the whole law and yet stumble in one point, he is guilty of all”.

Manny Pacquiao’s has shown his predilection to discriminate certain sectors of society. This is a cause for concern because a senator must be a defender of all, especially those that are already discriminated and marginalized. The last thing we want to have shades bigotry reflected in our laws.

Communication skills

This next point is often overlooked. The Senate is a forum for debate where each legislator must articulate his/her views with clarity. Hence, Senators must have a command of both English and Tagalog and the skills to harness it in a public forum.

If a member of the Senate is incapable of intelligent debate, it renders the entire Upper House incompetent. After all, the whole is made up of the sum of its parts. Senator Bong Revilla and Lito Lapid were train wrecks in this aspect and the Senate paid dearly for it in terms of credibility.

Tax evader?

A senator must also be a model citizen and beyond reproach in as far as their compliance with the laws is concerned

BIR records show that Pacquiao misdeclared his revenues in his income tax returns of 2009 and 2010, conveniently excluding incomes derived from two boxing matches in the United States. This has lead to the garnishment of his assets.

Our senators write the laws of the land. We do not need a senator who expects everyone to comply, yet, readily defies them whenever it is inconvenient.

In summary

Like I said, we should all be grateful to Manny Pacquiao for the honor he has brought the country. This, however, does not mean we are eternally indebted to him. It is enough that he has fame, fortune and our admiration. It is enough that the Filipino people treat him like a demigod. It is enough that he has become one of the country’s top product endorsers. It is enough that we have learned to forgive him for his chronic absenteeism in Congress.

But for him to ask for our vote for the Senate is like asking us to stake the future of our children on him – all for the sake of gratitude. It is presumptuous and an abuse of our kindness. We should refuse.

Manny Pacquiao is the hero of the Filipinos in the boxing ring. Let’s leave it at that. By not voting for him, not only are we saving ourselves from unqualified legislator but we are saving Manny himself from self-destruction. Because believe me, in the Senate, he is bound to self-destruct.

Andrew is an economist, political analyst and businessman. He is a 20-year veteran in the hospitality and tourism industry. For comments and reactions, e-mail andrew_rs6@yahoo.com. More of his business updates are available via his Facebook page (Andrew J. Masigan). Follow Andrew on Twitter @aj_masigan.

Read more at http://www.mb.com.ph/let-us-save-manny- ... 2S4SzfY.99

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 11:52 am 
Heavyweight

Simula na ng sarswela...

Ilan kaya magiging absent ni manny?

Sarap siguro kapag may ka-debate syang beterano, libreng stand up comedy show

Sasali din kaya sya sa committee on silence with sen lapid?

Mag-champion kaya ang mahindra?

Baka kapag madalas syang mapahiya sa debate at interpolation, eh biglang sumugod si mommy D. para mag-iskandalo

Highest rated sitcom ito pag nagkataon

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 11:53 am 
Heavyweight

From Timothy Bradley:

"I read something the other day where someone said Manny Pacquiao, in order to win his campaign, to do what he has to do, that he has to win this fight," Bradley said. "I think that is baloney. I think that is garbage. I don't think the fight has anything to do with what this man has shown for the Filipino people, where he's from. To lose a fight or whatever happens and not get what is rightfully deserved, for him to win [the Senate seat] ... If he hasn't shown everybody what he is made of with everything he has done for the Philippines and the Filipino people.

"He is truly, truly to me the only one out there who is going to do right by the Filipino people. ... He's shown over and over that he is for the people and by the people and that he's a man of his word. He's always shown that character and that integrity and I think he's the right man for the job."

"Good luck in your campaign," Bradley said to Pacquiao. "I wish nothing but the best for you, man. I hope you truly, truly win. I really do."

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 12:06 pm 
Heavyweight

Marinig kaya uli natin ang mga katagang: "It depends on my promoter bob arum"?

Pero since retired boxer na sya, yung variant statement na lang: "It depends on my adviser chavit singson"?

Mag-ahit na kaya sya para kahit papano ay maging senatoriable namang tingnan at hindi yung yagit version ni iron man?

Maraming tanong na kailangang sagutin, hindi katulad nang one question na two questions thread pala ni antats

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 12:19 pm 
Heavyweight

JABEZJ wrote:
senyorito wrote:

pwede bro, kung ang Senado lang ang priority nya...

May PBA pa, etc.....

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 12:25 pm 
Heavyweight

Kapag nabagot si manny sa dakdakan sa senado eh baka maghanap na naman yan ng mga bagong pagkaka-abalahan...

"Time management lang yan" --- Sen. Pacquaio

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 1:04 pm 
Heavyweight

senyorito wrote:
JABEZJ wrote:
senyorito wrote:

pwede bro, kung ang Senado lang ang priority nya...

May PBA pa, etc.....

Ganun din naman ang ibang senators..
Sotto nasa Eat Bulaga pa rin, Bong nasa Kap's Amazing Stories, etc..
Let's see...

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 1:15 pm 
Heavyweight

I like what you're doing manay jabeza :lol: :lol: :lol:

-The Vice President

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 217 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15  Next