Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Wed Aug 22, 2018 1:21 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 224 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15

Are you pro or anti divorce?
1. Pro 88%  88%  [ 14 ]
2. Anti 13%  13%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 16
PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 2:17 am 
Heavyweight

Mark is the same narration as Matthew.
yong Mark lang maiksi version, yong Matthew yong mas clear on the same narration.

yan ang context, ikaw yong pipili ng verse para tumugma sa dogma mo.

so ibaliwala nalang nating yong exception clause sa Matthew?

Papano pala kung yong asawa nambubug, lasingero, tapos babaero.
walang kalayaan yong babae na i divorce yong abusadong lalaki na yan?

Last edited by Admerald on Sat Feb 24, 2018 2:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 2:20 am 
Heavyweight

Paul is for divorce too!

Have you ever heard of a church rule on unbelieving spouse?

But if the husband or wife who isn't a believer insists on leaving, let them go. in such cases the Christian husband or wife* is no longer bound to the other, for God has called you to live in peace.
1 Cor 7:15

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 7:32 pm 
Light Heavyweight

Admerald wrote:
Paul is for divorce too!

Have you ever heard of a church rule on unbelieving spouse?

But if the husband or wife who isn't a believer insists on leaving, let them go. in such cases the Christian husband or wife* is no longer bound to the other, for God has called you to live in peace.
1 Cor 7:15

In earlier verse on the very same chapter, Paul stressed that husband and wife should not divorce. And on the verse you stated, Paul didn't say they should divorce. He said let them go for you are no longer bound to the other. This is the very meaning of annulment. In the philippine law, this is annulment of marriage under the grounds of fraud.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:34 pm 
Heavyweight

Paul was saying, I don't want them to get divorce, I want them to stay. BUT

Here is the exception clause....

If the unbelieving spouse wants out.

Then they are no longer bound ( marriage is what bind them).

There is always an exception!

again nobody answered my question...

what if the husband ay nambobogbog ng asawa tapos babaero pa?
Kelangan ba talaga magdusa ang babae forever?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 11:02 pm 
Light Heavyweight

Admerald wrote:

Yung verse na sinasabi mo dyan na papasok ang annulment. Kung sa panahon ngayon nangyari yan sa pilipinas, papasok sya sa fraud.

Yung pangbababae at pangbubugbog, may mga batas na na din dyan. Back read ka nlng sa thread na to. May magandang sagot dyan si mang Jura.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:42 am 
Heavyweight

Pina ka simple daw at pinaka mabilis ang divorce law na pina plano ni Alvarez....mas lighter ang penalty at iwas pusoy..kaysa sa annulment ...mas magadanda ito sa mga babaera at palakero :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 11:46 am 
Cruiserweight

FearNoEvil wrote:
Admerald wrote:

Yung verse na sinasabi mo dyan na papasok ang annulment. Kung sa panahon ngayon nangyari yan sa pilipinas, papasok sya sa fraud.

Yung pangbababae at pangbubugbog, may mga batas na na din dyan. Back read ka nlng sa thread na to. May magandang sagot dyan si mang Jura.

Si Paul at si Dyesus ay hindi nagkita at hindi nagka-ututan-dila..

so hindi galing kay god ang mga sinasabi nya... ( partida pa eyan. nag assume ako na maygod et christian god pa--lingon sa kanan lingon sa kaliwa)
kung susundan mo ang time line ng mga pangayayari sa baybol....

kahit si mang Epie ay hindi naka-porma dyan sa usapang eyan!!!!....
handi nya mapaikot ang wento...bwahahahahahha

you may say.. divorce ang pinag-uusapan at ang taytol ng thread...
kung magpa-promise laang kayo na magcocooperate ...
I will tell you in maybe 2 or 3 moves... divorce ang powent na patutunguhan ng isteytment ko na eyannnn!!!!....

BWAHAHAHHAHAHAHA + BWAHAHAHAHHAHA - BWAHAHAHAHHAHAHA = BWAHAHAHHAHHAH

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 8:30 pm 
Heavyweight

ang 1 Corinthians 7:15 speaks about the "unbeliever" spouse (it started in verse 12), meaning non-christian.
the 'marriage' is dissolved when the "unbeliever" leaves because there was no marriage to speak of.
but if the couple (man and wife) are "believers", Paul was very clear on this, and I quote:
Quote:
10 To the married, however, I give this instruction (not I, but the Lord): A wife should not separate from her husband 11—and if she does separate she must either remain single or become reconciled to her husband—and a husband should not divorce his wife.

This is also consistent in the gospels of Matthew, Mark and Luke.
Also, it is misinterpretation to take Matthew's words as "exception clause" (per mang Adme) in verse 9 of Chapter 19, as blanket reason for one to get a divorce.
Let us quote the preceding verse and the verse 9:

Matthew 19
Quote:
3 Some Pharisees approached him, and tested him,* saying, “Is it lawful for a man to divorce his wife for any cause whatever?”

Quote:
9 whoever divorces his wife (unless the marriage is unlawful) and marries another commits adultery.”

what these verses say if the marriage was not 'lawful' from the beginning, there is no marriage to divorce (only for this reason). this is consistent to Paul's words in 1 Cor. 7:15 about the "unbeliever".

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 11:21 pm 
Heavyweight

Adme, nasa post mo na ang sagot. :roll: :biglaugh:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 6:27 pm 
Heavyweight

Divorce may soon be legal
INTROSPECTIVE - Tony Katigbak (The Philippine Star) - February 26, 2018 - 12:00am

It appears that divorce may soon be legal in the Philippines. Recently the House committee on population and family approved the consolidation of four pending bills in the chamber for divorce and the dissolution of marriage. The goal is to consolidate these bills in the most efficient and effective way possible to provide a less expensive and legal way for couples to end their marriages.

For many this is something that they feel has been a long time coming. The Philippines is one of the few countries in the world that has not legalized divorce in some form. It’s because we are a predominantly Catholic and religious country and most, if not all, of the opposition is of a religious nature. After all, people believe that marriage means “until death do you part – in sickness and in health, in good times and in bad…” and the whole kit and caboodle.

Personally, I understand that viewpoint. I believe in the forever aspect of marriage. However, times have changed for many over the past few decades and while divorce is definitely not a religious option, it may be time for it to become a legal one. When you look at the age-old separation of church and state argument, marriage – as far as the state is concerned at least – is a contract just like every other contract, and all contracts have a legal way out.

Divorce has been a hot button topic in the Philippines for a long time. And I do see both sides of the coin – especially for the underprivileged. While annulment is an option, it is extremely costly and lengthy and many couples either can’t afford to do it or just opt not to finish the process and go on with their lives. This is a problem because instead of legally resolving their situation they just pretend that separation is the same thing and end up with new partners and new families.

That is actually more of the problem in the Philippines I would think. Multiple partners and families have become so much part of the norm that it’s no longer taboo or surprising for a couple to have parted ways, remain married, but live their lives with someone else. It’s all over mainstream media and every single other new Filipino movie is about the mistress or the second family or the other child or children.

Not to mention, divorce is something that women’s groups in the country are clamoring for as an option to help women who are trapped in abusive relationships with men who either refuse to let them go or “hold them hostage” in terms of supporting them and the children. It’s an understandable concern in a patriarchal society but it’s just one facet. I’m sure there are just as many men who have issues with their wives as well.

Would divorce solve all these marital problems? Or would it create a host of all new ones? There’s no right answer I suppose. I would like to think that, if given the option, people would do the right and legal thing if it were the best choice for everyone. And I don’t think divorce is something that should be taken lightly. It should the last resort and not the first. But do I see a need for this legal option? I think I do – if utilized properly.

According to Surigao del Norte Representative Robert Ace Barbers – who authored one of the consolidated bills – a stipulation of legal divorce will be at least five years proven separation. This is to ensure that people won’t jump to divorce immediately when things get tough but instead – at the very least – give their marriage five years to see if reconciliation is not at all a possibility.

Additionally, the court is looking to appoint counselors or indigent litigants as well as social workers, psychologists, and psychiatrists as needed for families going through the divorce process. Understandably it is the children who will need the most attention when a family is potentially breaking apart, but we have to ask ourselves if it is kinder to be honest with children and show them a mature and open approach to a relationship failing or to lie to them and go behind their backs and pretend that everything is fine when it is not?

I guess in the end we’ll all have to wait and see what will happen with the divorce bill – in terms of limitations, stipulations, and application. Whether or not the country is prepared, it might truly be time.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 7:07 pm 
Heavyweight

pwede naman magmahalan at magsama kahit walang pirmahan ng kontrata.
iyong obligasyon nalang sa mga bata ang dapat tutukan jan sa batas

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:45 pm 
Heavyweight

it will be interesting to review the statistics years later on how many divorced "christians" will re-marry, and re-marry and re-marry and.

tulad nang 'christian' US president na si Trump. he got married. he cheated on his wife, divorced her and married the lady he was cheating his wife with.

aaaah, married christians with the 'exception clause', very lucky 'christians'...

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 8:24 pm 
Light Heavyweight

The problem with society these days is that no one hounors agreement anymore. Marriage is a contract: til death do us part. It doesnt say in the contract that if we agree, we can terminate the contract for any reasons. Divorce is illegal because it terminates a contract that is acknowledged by the law of the land. A contract can only be terminated if there's a malice from the get go (eg anomalous bidding), hence the annulment of contract.

Divorce pokes fun not only on the sanctity of marriage but on the law that is meant to protect it.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:05 pm 
Heavyweight

Ulitin ko lang

Matrimony is a sacrament, wala nang anggulong kailangan pang tignan...

You have the slightest doubt? Don't get married then. 50yrs old na at may duda pa rin? Don't get married... Live together and have good sex but don't get married. Simple

:mrgreen:

Chris Rock on Marriage

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-jaqBRsTQgI

Yaaaan, yan ang katotohonan... Its more than a boracay wedding, public proposal o ano ano pang ek ek na nakikita sa facebook.

Make sure you're ready for that...

Soon as we learn to fly, watch out you damn birds we takin the skies!!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 224 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15