Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Fri May 29, 2020 3:03 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 224 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15  Next
 Post subject: (((( MARAWI )))))
PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 8:32 am 

POSITIVE INTENTS to the PEOPLE of MARAWI.

To Paclanders : Imagine how their lives have turned upside down. Kindly have your thoughts and intentions to the immediate resolution of this crisis.

To the Military : Your efforts and sacrifices are appreciated. we long for your safety

To the Maute/Isis : Please seek the answer to the question... Is this really what you want?

---

They might not read these but our thoughts and intentions are the things we can do right now.

If you are able to take action and help out then THANK YOU!

"When a table is normalized, the non-key columns depend on the key, the whole key, and nothing but the key." - a DBA

Post subject: Re: (((( MARAWI )))))
PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 9:03 am 
Heavyweight

I was able to join a meeting yesterday and one of the agenda is the crisis in Marawi.
One resource person, a colonel in the military who is a Muslim said something interesting..
He said, not all Muslims are radicals..in fact they love peace and prosperity..
The only way to resolve the crisis now is to flush out all these terrorists at all costs.
He also asked for the support of civilians to report immediately to the authorities any security-related information.

To the people of Marawi, they are strong and resilient...
I know they will rise again in due time with the help of the government and the whole Filipino nation.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 9:08 am 
Heavyweight

Andyan na talaga yung intent mod kaya mahirap na pigilan. Nasa leader nila yan tulad ng iba pang mga kaguluhan saan man lupalop.

Hindi naman naaagrabyado mga kapatid natin doon dahil madaming tulong ang gobyerno pero kung napupunta lang sa bulsa ng iilang mga malalaking political clans eh wala talagang mangyayari.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 9:12 am 

Thanks mga pre.

me napanood kasi ako video and hits me hard.

I've been trying to downplay this Marawi crisis in the beginning. pero na realize ko yung pamilya na naipit at hindi nakalabas ng city nung mag simula na siege ng government troops.

pano kungme baby ka? an hirap masyado ng sitwasyon nila...yan ay kung hindi ka pa ma dale sa crossfire.

sana ma resolve na.

"When a table is normalized, the non-key columns depend on the key, the whole key, and nothing but the key." - a DBA

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 9:18 am 
Heavyweight

If I have the money and the absolute freedom to do what I want, here are the things that I will do:

I've been to Marawi and as I observed, the city center is not well planned. Since I can do what I want, I will rebuild the city from scratch and implement urban planning. That means, all structures will be demolished and then plan out the city properly. Allocate areas for business center, market, residential, schools, hospitals, religious activity, entertainment, townsquare, etc..
I won't let the residents suffer the burden of having to start from scratch in order to rebuild. So I will build houses for them. Bungalow-style with complete ammenities, with appliances including food which will last for a month. I will also give them amount for capital so they can start their own business/livelihood, etc..

But the residents should make a promise that they will never support terrorists, they will never condone any terroristic acts, they will not hide any terrorists, etc..
They will also promise to be law abiding citizens, will no longer own guns and will shun away rido or clan wars...
Everybody should live at peace with everyone...

Marawi will be Utopia if this will happen and will be a major tourist destination just like Baguio..
Ideal and desirable? YES
Possible and attainable? NO

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 9:22 am 
Middleweight

http://news.abs-cbn.com/focus/multimedi ... 0-evacuees

Mga kasama pwede po tayong tumulong. Direkta sa nangangailangan, hindi dadaan sa mga politiko at for profit orgs.

Volunteer artists/journalists po na sumusuong sa ground zero para magpakain ng mainit na pagkain sa mga apektado.

It started during the Yolanda tragedy when the govt failed to react swiftly to send help.

You can find and contact Mr Alex Baluyut ( highly respected veteran photojournalist ) sa facebook. ALEX BALUYUT https://www.facebook.com/alex.baluyut.127?fref=search

You will know your help was properly used. Sometimes they run on empty po, help is still needed.

Mabuhay po tayong lahat!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 9:34 am 
Heavyweight

JABEZJ wrote:
I was able to join a meeting yesterday and one of the agenda is the crisis in Marawi.
One resource person, a colonel in the military who is a Muslim said something interesting..
The only way to resolve the crisis now is to flush out all these terrorists at all costs.
He also asked for the support of civilians to report immediately to the authorities any security-related information.

I know they will rise again in due time with the help of the government and the whole Filipino nation.

Totoo yan jabz, madaming matino at ayaw ng gulo. Madami din ako kaibigan at barkadang muslim. Ang problema lang minsan yung mga political clans kasi tulad sa ibang parte ng pinas, ginagawa talagang negosyo ang politika. Nagpapatayan dahil lang sa politika.

Isa pang dapat magkaroon ng control yung firearms sa mindanao.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 10:23 am 
Heavyweight

mag abroad nalang dapat ang mga rebelde at mga terorista kesa laban ng laban.
bakit di nalang pamilya nila pagtuunan nila ng pansin.

Lolo ko purong moro at muslim galing mindanao iniwan nya ang lugar na iyan
sa edad na sampu. dahil mainitin daw ang mga ulo at lagi syang ginugulpi at puro gantihan nalang ang nasa isip nila jan.

pumasok doon sa lalagyan ng mga bagahe sa barko di alam kung saan sya mapupunta. at napadpad sa maynila
naging manlilimos naka ipon at bumili ng pang shine ng sapatos at sa banketa natutulog. hanggang inampon ng isang sundalo
at ginawang houseboy pina aral at naging isang sundalo at pumasok sa philppine army. nakabalik nalang jan sa mindanao ng madestino.
pero dina muling bumalik sa mag anak at kapamilya nya jan sa mindanao dahil gusto nya ng tahimik na buhay.

marami pang lugar bukod jan kung gusto nila ng tahimik na buhay

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 11:01 am 
Heavyweight

IceColdBeer wrote:
JABEZJ wrote:

Totoo yan jabz, madaming matino at ayaw ng gulo. Madami din ako kaibigan at barkadang muslim. Ang problema lang minsan yung mga political clans kasi tulad sa ibang parte ng pinas, ginagawa talagang negosyo ang politika. Nagpapatayan dahil lang sa politika.

Sabi nya...

Muslim ako pero lagi kong sinasabi sa mga kapwa ko Muslim na i-report nila sa pulis pag may nakita silang kakaiba kahit kapwa Muslim nila ang involved..
Kasi pag nagkagulo, hindi lang naman sundalo ang magkakaproblema...
Pati sibilyan apektado...

Yup, wala talagang control ang loose firearms sa Mindanao...

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 11:13 am 
Heavyweight

JABEZJ wrote:
IceColdBeer wrote:
JABEZJ wrote:

Sabi nya...

Muslim ako pero lagi kong sinasabi sa mga kapwa ko Muslim na i-report nila sa pulis pag may nakita silang kakaiba kahit kapwa Muslim nila ang involved..
Kasi pag nagkagulo, hindi lang naman sundalo ang magkakaproblema...
Pati sibilyan apektado...

Yup, wala talagang control ang loose firearms sa Mindanao...

Dami nagiikot sa amin mga dalawang pickup ang buntot puro high powered bitbit sa likod. Kapag may kaaway ka baril kaagad ang kaharap mo.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 11:27 am 
Heavyweight

` meron akong experience wd muslims - in business, private emplymnt,.personal level.

Malaki ang agwat ng cultural differences ng mga muslims in mindanao
compared to the non-muslims there, lalu na't very deep ang religious
and traditional beliefs and way of life ng bawat isa.

The war in mindanao now is very different even complicated compared in the
mid 70's/80's wd the mnlf, milf. It has evolve into terrorism wd extreme religious undertones.

It is the land of promise, sadly, it will still be in future generations.

:smoke: ''

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 11:31 am 
Heavyweight

Nakakalungkot talaga ang marawi...

A recognized islamic city of the country where their own islamic people radicalized and terrorized their own by foreign belief...

Idol idong is correct... why allowed foreign belief when our own moro have their own struggles...

BBL might help so that they can live on their customs but they should help themselves as they ruining their land their fighting for...

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 11:31 am 
Cruiserweight

Poodut admin should mandate a no-need-to-prosecute policy for these terrorists, just do the DDS style, BDS (Bonnet Death Squad style) or Police riding in tandem procedures. Shot and kill them on the spot. Becuz if you keep them alive they can still use their money to appeal, and PH couldn't eliminate corrupt justices, so these terrorists would just return back to where they belong as terrorist. Poodut should focus his hatred to their LEADERS and exterminate them at all cost.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 1:10 pm 
Heavyweight

Keep Punching wrote:
Poodut admin should mandate a no-need-to-prosecute policy for these terrorists, just do the DDS style, BDS (Bonnet Death Squad style) or Police riding in tandem procedures. Shot and kill them on the spot. Becuz if you keep them alive they can still use their money to appeal, and PH couldn't eliminate corrupt justices, so these terrorists would just return back to where they belong as terrorist. Poodut should focus his hatred to their LEADERS and exterminate them at all cost.

Blitz maayos naman ang thread ni mod..
Doon ka muna magkalat sa Digong haters thread...

miron_lang wrote:
POSITIVE INTENTS to the PEOPLE of MARAWI.

To Paclanders : Kindly have your thoughts and intentions to the immediate resolution of this crisis.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 6:03 pm 
Cruiserweight

Mindanao a mess despite martial law, analysts say

Black smoke rises from a burning building in a commercial area of Osmena street in Marawi City. Romeo Ranoco, Reuters

MANILA - A month after President Rodrigo Duterte placed Mindanao under martial law and suspended the privilege of the writ of habeas corpus, Mindanao is a mess with no end in sight to its problems with terrorism, analysts said.

Retired police officer Rodolfo "Boogie" Mendoza, who is now the president of the Philippine Institute for Peace, Violence, and Terrorism Research, doesn't see any end soon to the conflict in Marawi City.

"Hindi pa natin nakikita na magkakaroon ng rapid conclusion kasi mag-isang buwan ngayon, 'di pa tapos ang kampanya, so ang effectivity niyan ay masusukat lang natin kung meron talagang broad support ang tao sa Mindanao," he said.

Opposition lawmaker Albay Rep. Edcel Lagman, who has asked the Supreme Court to nullify the martial law declaration in Mindanao, said military rule made things worse.

"There is extreme misery and horrific conditions particularly in Marawi because of the extensive inordinate show of might of the military, the police authorities, which has really displaced tens of thousands of civilians not to mention destruction of private public properties and loss of lives," he said.

Bayan Muna Rep. Carlos Zarate, an administration ally who was part of a recent humanitarian mission to Mindanao, is among those who have called for a congressional investigation on the plight of the evacuees and those displaced by martial law. "There is now a grave humanitarian crisis in Marawi and Lanao del Sur," he said.

Mendoza said the goal of containing terrorism in the area has yet to be achieved.

It's a view Lagman shares. He said the problem of terrorism persists in Mindanao despite martial law. " These terrorist leaders have not been captured or arrested," he said.

Mendoza believes thinks the raging battle in Mindanao has gotten messy.

Lagman said the situation could have been avoided since terrorism by the Maute group could have been addressed without martial law. He said there was no factual basis for military rule, an argument he made before the Supreme Court.

"I cannot understand a policy of destroy and compensate because in the face of all of these destruction, we have the president doling out cash to civilian casualties and displaced people and at the same time the government is expected to appropriate P10 billion to rehabilitate Marawi City," he said.

Political analyst Ranjit Rye said the problems in Mindanao are too complicated to be addressed by martial law. "The discourse has really focused on whether there's factual basis. I don't want to comment on that because the Supreme Court will decide very soon on this very divisive issue. It seems there was basis to use this prerogative and the problem of violent extremism in Mindanao is far more complex than what people like us perceive initially."

Mendoza said one complication is that people in Mindanao are largely related by kinship, including the terrorists. "Iyung Philippine context, kahit sa ibang bansa very, very important iyung sinasabing kinship, clan, they feel iyung effect ng caliphate system ay appropriate sa kanilang interest mahirap alisin 'yun at this period."

Zarate said the elders of Mindanao's different communities want a return to the old ways of resolving disputes which considers the culture of the residents. "They would rather na i-try ng mga elders dahil iba diyan ay mga relatives nila rather than extreme na flattened 'yung kanilang city."

Mendoza, meanwhile, doubts martial law enjoys broad support in Mindanao. "Dapat suriin iyan kung meron talagang broad support ang martial law sa Mindanao kasi ang nakikita ko, nakikita ng aming institute, ay sharply divided ang opinion ng tao sa Mindanao. May pro martial law, may anti martial law."

Palace: Martial law a success
Malacañang on Friday however said the declaration of martial law in Mindanao succeeded in preventing the Islamic State in Iraq and Syria (ISIS) from establishing a base in the Philippines, even as government troops continued to battle the group’s sympathizers in Marawi City.

“We don’t go by ratings, but we do say we actually preempted the establishment of a wilayat (Islamic State province) [in Mindanao],” Presidential spokesperson Ernesto Abella said in a press briefing in Davao City.

Duterte placed the entire Mindanao under a 60-day martial rule on May 23, after the ISIS-linked terror groups Maute and Abu Sayyaf laid siege to the predominantly Muslim City of about 200,000.

In justifying his declaration, Duterte said the terror groups were planning to establish an Islamic State province in Mindanao as part of the international terror group’s caliphate in Southeast Asia.

Brigadier General Gilbert Gapay, deputy commander of the Armed Forces’ Eastern Mindanao Command and the martial law spokesperson, said the military has so far managed to prevent a spillover of violence in Marawi City to other areas in Mindanao.

“The said success is attributed to the aggressive security operations of our units, the tightened security measures being implemented in the area, the active coordination and collaboration of other law enforcement agencies, local government units, and the support of the general public,” he said.

Gapay also stressed that the military was abiding by the rules of engagement and continued to respect human rights amid offensives under martial rule.

“As we enter the second month of implementation, we’d like to assure the public that we shall continue to work for the safety and security of everyone, as mandated to us, with utmost respect [for] human rights and the rule of law,” he said.

Three petitions have been filed before the Supreme Court seeking the nullification of Duterte’s martial law proclamation. The petitioners say the declaration over all of Mindanao was not necessary as the conflict is only confined in Marawi. - with a report from Dharel Placido, ABS-CBN News

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 224 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15  Next