Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Fri Jul 10, 2020 12:14 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 662 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40 ... 45  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2020 8:34 am 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 01, 2003 9:08 am
Posts: 15362
Location: Terra; Gaia ; Ar-i-du
tiyanak2 wrote:
34th EDSA People Power commemoration ‘expects smaller crowd’ amid coronavirus threat
By CNN Philippines Staff

Published Feb 25, 2020 12:21:15 AM




Metro Manila (CNN Philippines, February 24) — Due to the threat of the novel coronavirus, the National Historical Commission of the Philippines is expecting a smaller crowd at the commemoration of this year’s People Power anniversary.

NHCP and EDSA People Power Commission Chairman Rene Escalante said fewer people are expected at Tuesday's program to mark the 1986 peaceful revolt that led to the downfall of then strongman Ferdinand Marcos due to the Department of Health's advisory.

"Our commemoration this year is a little bit downgraded because of the DOH advisory, restricting the gathering of a big number of people," he said.

The said DOH advisory currently urges the public to “avoid attending, participating in, and organizing events that would draw a huge number of attendees” to further minimize the risk of contracting the virus that causes the COVID-19 disease.

Tuesday’s program will carry the traditional flag raising ceremony at 8 a.m. at the People Power Monument, to be followed by a mass at EDSA Shrine.

This year’s theme is EDSA 2020:Kapayapaan ng Bayan, Simbulo ng Kalayaang lpinaglaban. The flag raising and wreath laying ceremonies will be led by Commissioner Joey Concepcion.

Escalante added that the celebration of the People Power Revolution remains relevant to the younger generation at this time.

“I think EDSA should always be commemorated. One is the value of pagkakaisa (unity) that we should always support together as a nation and also the fact that EDSA is an example of a revolution that was bloodless,” he said.

Escalante added that these two elements of EDSA should be remembered by the next generation.

Due to the program that will take place at the People Power monument, the Metropolitan Manila Development Authority arranged a traffic management plan for the celebration. Motorists are therefore advised to take alternate routes.



https://www.cnnphilippines.com/news/202 ... crowd.html



naka advance na pala ang EXCUSE hahaha.


wish ko lang manalo si Sarah para mas me chance mabuwag tong "Channel 2" .....


sobra na, tama na, palitan na!
:D

_________________
“You create your own universe as you go along.” ― Winston Churchill

"When a table is normalized, the non-key columns depend on the key, the whole key, and nothing but the key." - a DBA


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2020 8:56 am 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2016 8:50 am
Posts: 6648
Location: Little Boy in Hiroshima
miron_lang wrote:
tiyanak2 wrote:
34th EDSA People Power commemoration ‘expects smaller crowd’ amid coronavirus threat
By CNN Philippines Staff

Published Feb 25, 2020 12:21:15 AM




Metro Manila (CNN Philippines, February 24) — Due to the threat of the novel coronavirus, the National Historical Commission of the Philippines is expecting a smaller crowd at the commemoration of this year’s People Power anniversary.

NHCP and EDSA People Power Commission Chairman Rene Escalante said fewer people are expected at Tuesday's program to mark the 1986 peaceful revolt that led to the downfall of then strongman Ferdinand Marcos due to the Department of Health's advisory.

"Our commemoration this year is a little bit downgraded because of the DOH advisory, restricting the gathering of a big number of people," he said.

The said DOH advisory currently urges the public to “avoid attending, participating in, and organizing events that would draw a huge number of attendees” to further minimize the risk of contracting the virus that causes the COVID-19 disease.

Tuesday’s program will carry the traditional flag raising ceremony at 8 a.m. at the People Power Monument, to be followed by a mass at EDSA Shrine.

This year’s theme is EDSA 2020:Kapayapaan ng Bayan, Simbulo ng Kalayaang lpinaglaban. The flag raising and wreath laying ceremonies will be led by Commissioner Joey Concepcion.

Escalante added that the celebration of the People Power Revolution remains relevant to the younger generation at this time.

“I think EDSA should always be commemorated. One is the value of pagkakaisa (unity) that we should always support together as a nation and also the fact that EDSA is an example of a revolution that was bloodless,” he said.

Escalante added that these two elements of EDSA should be remembered by the next generation.

Due to the program that will take place at the People Power monument, the Metropolitan Manila Development Authority arranged a traffic management plan for the celebration. Motorists are therefore advised to take alternate routes.



https://www.cnnphilippines.com/news/202 ... crowd.html



naka advance na pala ang EXCUSE hahaha.


wish ko lang manalo si Sarah para mas me chance mabuwag tong "Channel 2" .....


sobra na, tama na, palitan na!
:D


mod sa tingin ko ngayon na ang tamang pagkakataon para mahinto yung arrogance and power-play machinations ng Lopezes

once they are able to get their franchise extension now, mahirap na mabawasan ang influence nila

_________________
Fat Man in Nagasaki


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2020 8:57 am 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 27, 2010 11:38 am
Posts: 30006
Location: Southeast Asia
Thank you Corona for saving us from disgrace...

Imagine this, kahit may Corona outbreak, naka 1000 persons kami..
How much more kung wala?

Bawi lang tayo sa May 1 during labor day celebration.
For sure aabot tayo ng milyon-milyon...

_________________
“YESTERDAY IS HISTORY, TOMORROW A MYSTERY, AND TODAY
A GIFT…THAT’S WHY IT IS CALLED THE PRESENT “.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2020 9:05 am 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2004 2:10 pm
Posts: 24027
Location: Cbo.LP.HK
JABEZJ wrote:
Thank you Corona for saving us from disgrace...

Imagine this, kahit may Corona outbreak, naka 1000 persons kami..
How much more kung wala?

Bawi lang tayo sa May 1 during labor day celebration.
For sure aabot tayo ng milyon-milyon...

Baka minion minion manay. :lol:

_________________
"Here’s to a long life and a merry one, A quick death and an easy one, A pretty girl and a true one, A cold beer and another one." - Lewis Henry


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2020 9:06 am 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2004 2:10 pm
Posts: 24027
Location: Cbo.LP.HK
The.Equalizer wrote:
miron_lang wrote:
tiyanak2 wrote:
34th EDSA People Power commemoration ‘expects smaller crowd’ amid coronavirus threat
By CNN Philippines Staff

Published Feb 25, 2020 12:21:15 AM




Metro Manila (CNN Philippines, February 24) — Due to the threat of the novel coronavirus, the National Historical Commission of the Philippines is expecting a smaller crowd at the commemoration of this year’s People Power anniversary.

NHCP and EDSA People Power Commission Chairman Rene Escalante said fewer people are expected at Tuesday's program to mark the 1986 peaceful revolt that led to the downfall of then strongman Ferdinand Marcos due to the Department of Health's advisory.

"Our commemoration this year is a little bit downgraded because of the DOH advisory, restricting the gathering of a big number of people," he said.

The said DOH advisory currently urges the public to “avoid attending, participating in, and organizing events that would draw a huge number of attendees” to further minimize the risk of contracting the virus that causes the COVID-19 disease.

Tuesday’s program will carry the traditional flag raising ceremony at 8 a.m. at the People Power Monument, to be followed by a mass at EDSA Shrine.

This year’s theme is EDSA 2020:Kapayapaan ng Bayan, Simbulo ng Kalayaang lpinaglaban. The flag raising and wreath laying ceremonies will be led by Commissioner Joey Concepcion.

Escalante added that the celebration of the People Power Revolution remains relevant to the younger generation at this time.

“I think EDSA should always be commemorated. One is the value of pagkakaisa (unity) that we should always support together as a nation and also the fact that EDSA is an example of a revolution that was bloodless,” he said.

Escalante added that these two elements of EDSA should be remembered by the next generation.

Due to the program that will take place at the People Power monument, the Metropolitan Manila Development Authority arranged a traffic management plan for the celebration. Motorists are therefore advised to take alternate routes.



https://www.cnnphilippines.com/news/202 ... crowd.html



naka advance na pala ang EXCUSE hahaha.


wish ko lang manalo si Sarah para mas me chance mabuwag tong "Channel 2" .....


sobra na, tama na, palitan na!
:D


mod sa tingin ko ngayon na ang tamang pagkakataon para mahinto yung arrogance and power-play machinations ng Lopezes

once they are able to get their franchise extension now, mahirap na mabawasan ang influence nila

Now is the time. Tama ka brad. Ngayon lang din uli umakyat sa leeg yagbols ng mga Lopezes. :biglaugh:

_________________
"Here’s to a long life and a merry one, A quick death and an easy one, A pretty girl and a true one, A cold beer and another one." - Lewis Henry


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2020 9:11 am 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 27, 2010 11:38 am
Posts: 30006
Location: Southeast Asia
IceColdBeer wrote:
JABEZJ wrote:
Thank you Corona for saving us from disgrace...

Imagine this, kahit may Corona outbreak, naka 1000 persons kami..
How much more kung wala?

Bawi lang tayo sa May 1 during labor day celebration.
For sure aabot tayo ng milyon-milyon...

Baka minion minion manay. :lol:


Trust me..
We can come up with millions of protesters...
Wait lang sa tamang panahon...

_________________
“YESTERDAY IS HISTORY, TOMORROW A MYSTERY, AND TODAY
A GIFT…THAT’S WHY IT IS CALLED THE PRESENT “.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2020 9:13 am 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2016 8:50 am
Posts: 6648
Location: Little Boy in Hiroshima
IceColdBeer wrote:
Now is the time. Tama ka brad. Ngayon lang din uli umakyat sa leeg yagbols ng mga Lopezes. :biglaugh:
oo nga brad, saka yung apology ni Katigbak hindi naman bukal :?


nag apologize sabay sabing wala naman silang political agenda :shock:

at walang malisya ang pag-e-ere ng pinipiling political ads :(



hindi nila puwedeng sabihin sa Marines as in tell that to the Marines :lol: yang mga palusot nila, baka sa NPA puwede mas madaling mauto mga yun :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

_________________
Fat Man in Nagasaki


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2020 9:15 am 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 01, 2003 9:08 am
Posts: 15362
Location: Terra; Gaia ; Ar-i-du
JABEZJ wrote:
Thank you Corona for saving us from disgrace...

Imagine this, kahit may Corona outbreak, naka 1000 persons kami..
How much more kung wala?

Bawi lang tayo sa May 1 during labor day celebration.
For sure aabot tayo ng milyon-milyon...



naka 1K pa pala hehe

naloko din ako nyan dati.


nung panahong pumupunta pa ko circa 1987 to 1990. andaming tao.. mula Cubao hangang Ortigas puno yun... as in sa bandang Ortigas siksikan talaga na paramg MRT ... lol

tapos unti unti pakonti ng pakonti.. tapos palala din ng palala ang sitwasyon sa governance.

obyus na obyus yung mga policy and decisions pabor sa oligarch tapos etong mga representative dapat, open naman sa nakawan kaya sempre hindi na papalag yan. masisilip sila pag binanga nila mga nasa pwestong mayayaman.

naramdaman ko nung napansin ko ang laki ng tax tapos ala namang bumabalik tapos bawat galaw gagatasan ka ng gubyerno. langya me mali ah...... back track natin mula nung una kong nag kaisip.. aba... na brain wash pala kami ng abs-cbn sa tulong ni Cardinal Sin at Fidel Ramos na mga tuta ng mga globalist. si Cory lumalabas pawn lang dahil popular.


panahon na para mag esep esep tayo mga kakosa. labanan natin ang sarili nating emosyon. esep esep.

:D

_________________
“You create your own universe as you go along.” ― Winston Churchill

"When a table is normalized, the non-key columns depend on the key, the whole key, and nothing but the key." - a DBA


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2020 9:21 am 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2004 2:10 pm
Posts: 24027
Location: Cbo.LP.HK
The.Equalizer wrote:
IceColdBeer wrote:
Now is the time. Tama ka brad. Ngayon lang din uli umakyat sa leeg yagbols ng mga Lopezes. :biglaugh:
oo nga brad, saka yung apology ni Katigbak hindi naman bukal :?


nag apologize sabay sabing wala naman silang political agenda :shock:

at walang malisya ang pag-e-ere ng pinipiling political ads :(



hindi nila puwedeng sabihin sa Marines as in tell that to the Marines :lol: yang mga palusot nila, baka sa NPA puwede mas madaling mauto mga yun :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Walang political agenda pero tinanggihan ng GMA yung ad ni Trillanes. Tapos bakit nila tinanggap ang bayad in advance sabay idadahilan na wala ng slot. :roll: :biglaugh:

_________________
"Here’s to a long life and a merry one, A quick death and an easy one, A pretty girl and a true one, A cold beer and another one." - Lewis Henry


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2020 9:21 am 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2004 2:10 pm
Posts: 24027
Location: Cbo.LP.HK
miron_lang wrote:
JABEZJ wrote:
Thank you Corona for saving us from disgrace...

Imagine this, kahit may Corona outbreak, naka 1000 persons kami..
How much more kung wala?

Bawi lang tayo sa May 1 during labor day celebration.
For sure aabot tayo ng milyon-milyon...



naka 1K pa pala hehe

naloko din ako nyan dati.


nung panahong pumupunta pa ko circa 1987 to 1990. andaming tao.. mula Cubao hangang Ortigas puno yun... as in sa bandang Ortigas siksikan talaga na paramg MRT ... lol

tapos unti unti pakonti ng pakonti.. tapos palala din ng palala ang sitwasyon sa governance.

obyus na obyus yung mga policy and decisions pabor sa oligarch tapos etong mga representative dapat, open naman sa nakawan kaya sempre hindi na papalag yan. masisilip sila pag binanga nila mga nasa pwestong mayayaman.

naramdaman ko nung napansin ko ang laki ng tax tapos ala namang bumabalik tapos bawat galaw gagatasan ka ng gubyerno. langya me mali ah...... back track natin mula nung una kong nag kaisip.. aba... na brain wash pala kami ng abs-cbn sa tulong ni Cardinal Sin at Fidel Ramos na mga tuta ng mga globalist. si Cory lumalabas pawn lang dahil popular.


panahon na para mag esep esep tayo mga kakosa. labanan natin ang sarili nating emosyon. esep esep.

:D

Agree mod.

_________________
"Here’s to a long life and a merry one, A quick death and an easy one, A pretty girl and a true one, A cold beer and another one." - Lewis Henry


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2020 9:26 am 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 27, 2010 11:38 am
Posts: 30006
Location: Southeast Asia
miron_lang wrote:
JABEZJ wrote:
Thank you Corona for saving us from disgrace...

Imagine this, kahit may Corona outbreak, naka 1000 persons kami..
How much more kung wala?

Bawi lang tayo sa May 1 during labor day celebration.
For sure aabot tayo ng milyon-milyon...



naka 1K pa pala hehe

naloko din ako nyan dati.


nung panahong pumupunta pa ko circa 1987 to 1990. andaming tao.. mula Cubao hangang Ortigas puno yun... as in sa bandang Ortigas siksikan talaga na paramg MRT ... lol

tapos unti unti pakonti ng pakonti.. tapos palala din ng palala ang sitwasyon sa governance.

obyus na obyus yung mga policy and decisions pabor sa oligarch tapos etong mga representative dapat, open naman sa nakawan kaya sempre hindi na papalag yan. masisilip sila pag binanga nila mga nasa pwestong mayayaman.

naramdaman ko nung napansin ko ang laki ng tax tapos ala namang bumabalik tapos bawat galaw gagatasan ka ng gubyerno. langya me mali ah...... back track natin mula nung una kong nag kaisip.. aba... na brain wash pala kami ng abs-cbn sa tulong ni Cardinal Sin at Fidel Ramos na mga tuta ng mga globalist. si Cory lumalabas pawn lang dahil popular.


panahon na para mag esep esep tayo mga kakosa. labanan natin ang sarili nating emosyon. esep esep.

:D


May Corona outbreak kasi kaya 1k katao lang ang nabayaran na convince na pumunta...

Sana mod, isapuso pa rin natin ang diwa ng EDSA...
Sayang ang nagawa ng mga ninuno natin 34 years ago....
Kantahin mo ulit mod ang kantang ito para manariwa ang diwa ng mapayapang rebolusyon...


Handog ng Pilipino sa Mundo
Composed by Jim Paredes



‘Di na ‘ko papayag mawala ka muli.
‘Di na ‘ko papayag na muli mabawi,
Ating kalayaan kay tagal natin mithi.
‘Di na papayagang mabawi muli.

Magkakapit-bisig libo-libong tao.
Kay sarap palang maging Pilipino.
Sama-sama iisa ang adhikain.
Kelan man ‘di na paalipin.

Handog ng Pilipino sa mundo,
Mapayapang paraang pagbabago.
Katotohanan, kalayaan, katarungan
Ay kayang makamit na walang dahas.
Basta’t magkaisa tayong lahat.

Masdan ang nagaganap sa aming bayan.
Nagkasama ng mahirap at mayaman.
Kapit-bisig madre, pari, at sundalo.
Naging Langit itong bahagi ng mundo.

Huwag muling payagang umiral ang dilim.
Tinig ng bawat tao’y bigyan ng pansin.
Magkakapatid lahat sa Panginoon.
Ito’y lagi nating tatandaan.

_________________
“YESTERDAY IS HISTORY, TOMORROW A MYSTERY, AND TODAY
A GIFT…THAT’S WHY IT IS CALLED THE PRESENT “.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2020 9:27 am 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2004 2:10 pm
Posts: 24027
Location: Cbo.LP.HK
:shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:

_________________
"Here’s to a long life and a merry one, A quick death and an easy one, A pretty girl and a true one, A cold beer and another one." - Lewis Henry


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2020 9:28 am 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2016 8:50 am
Posts: 6648
Location: Little Boy in Hiroshima
sa lahat ng puwedeng kanta...




yung kay Jim "Koltiks" Paredes pa :shock:















:lol:

_________________
Fat Man in Nagasaki


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2020 9:31 am 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 27, 2010 11:38 am
Posts: 30006
Location: Southeast Asia
The.Equalizer wrote:
sa lahat ng puwedeng kanta...


yung kay Jim "Koltiks" Paredes pa :shock:



:lol:


Pinakanta sa amin yan nung elementary pa kami...
Naiyak kaming lahat sa ganda ng kanta...

_________________
“YESTERDAY IS HISTORY, TOMORROW A MYSTERY, AND TODAY
A GIFT…THAT’S WHY IT IS CALLED THE PRESENT “.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2020 9:34 am 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2004 2:10 pm
Posts: 24027
Location: Cbo.LP.HK
JABEZJ wrote:
The.Equalizer wrote:
sa lahat ng puwedeng kanta...


yung kay Jim "Koltiks" Paredes pa :shock:



:lol:


Pinakanta sa amin yan nung elementary pa kami...
Naiyak kaming lahat sa ganda ng kanta...

:lol: :lol: :lol:

_________________
"Here’s to a long life and a merry one, A quick death and an easy one, A pretty girl and a true one, A cold beer and another one." - Lewis Henry


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 662 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40 ... 45  Next

All times are UTC + 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

philboxing.com | pinoygreats.com
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group