Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:23 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 158 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 11  Next
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 5:06 pm 
Heavyweight

Bong Revilla Jr., former senator and current chairman of the Lakas-Christian Muslim Democrats (Lakas-CMD) party, will run for senator in 2019, party president Martin Romualdez announces Friday.

"His passion and dedication to serve the people will bring positive change and help improve the country's good governance, policies, and lawmaking process. His experience as a two-term senator has helped him gain an understanding about the complexities of various problems besetting the nation. Senator Bong's integrity and honesty will make him a strong candidate for the Senate," Romualdez says in a statement.

The Sandiganbayan anti-graft court in August ended Revilla's trial for plunder over his alleged misuse of P244 million in his Priority Development Assistance Fund.

The case is up for resolution.

:vomit2: :vomit2: :vomit2:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 5:07 pm 
Heavyweight

The Liberal Party officially announces the first three candidates it will be fielding in the 2019 senatorial elections.

The opposition party says Sen. Paolo Benigno "Bam" Aquino IV, Lorenzo "Erin" Tanada III and Jose Manuel "Chel" Diokno will lead the LP slate.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 6:13 pm 
Heavyweight

‘Jesus Christ’ seeks Senate seat, says no to death penalty
Jimenez, Raffy

Tina Panganiban-Perez Meet Jesus Christ who filed his certificate of Candidacy for senator at the Comelec office in Intramuros, Manila on Monday, October 15, 2018. He says “Jesus Christ is the only one who can solve our problems.” Tina Panganiban-Perez

A certain Charlie “Jesus Christ” Talledo filed his certificate of candidacy in the 2019 Senate race on Monday, saying that he won’t allow death penalty to be restored.

“Ako si Jesus Christ tapos may death penalty? Sa akin? ‘Di ko matatanggap ‘yang death penalty. Siguro si Satanas siguro may batas na death penalty…kay Lucifer,” Talledo told reporters.

“I am Jesus Christ tapos gagawa tayo ng death penalty? What kind of a government are we?” Talledo added.

Talledo also claimed that he filed his COC at President Rodrigo Duterte’s request.

“Sabi ni President Duterte pumunta ako rito. Magkaibigan kami, may pinagsamahan,” he said.

“Pagbibigyan kita, Mr. Duterte, sa gusto mong mangyari,” he added.

The restoration of death penalty for drug related crimes is a priority measure of the Duterte administration. It has been approved in the House but it has been gathering dust in the Senate. — RSJ, GMA News

https://www.msn.com/en-ph/news/world/%E ... ocid=wispr

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 6:14 pm 
Heavyweight

:biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:00 pm 
Heavyweight

Pulot lang...

:lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 1:24 am 
Heavyweight

Updated my list:
---------------
1. Bam Aquino
2. Erin Tanada
3. Chel Diokno
4. Florin Hilbay
5. Samira Gutoc
6. Mar Roxas

more or less, six more to go...

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:19 am 
Heavyweight

May special treatment???

______

Comelec: 'Adjustments' made for Go's special supporters

Rosette Adel (philstar.com) - October 15, 2018 - 7:16pm

MANILA, Philippines — The Commission on Elections on Monday defended letting supporters of presidential aide Christopher "Bong" Go into an area where only four companions are usually allowed.

Among Go's supporters when he filed his certificate of candidacy after months of denying he would run were President Rodrigo Duterte and other Cabinet officials.

Former Foreign Affairs Secretary Alan Peter Cayetano, former Justice Secretary Vitaliano Aguirre were also present to support Go, who was Duterte's aide even while mayor of Davao City.

In a press briefing after Go filed his COC for senator, Comelec spokesperson James Jimenez explained that they just relaxed the rules for Go's companions just to maintain order.

He said that was done in the "interest of orderly proceedings to just continue with the process." He said that "it would not [have been] orderly to stop proceedings just to get them out."

'The president's safety is paramount'

Jimenez said that the president's presence was also another factor. He said that Duterte had to be accompanied by his security detail.

"The safety of the president is paramount. Allowances have to be made," the Comelec official said.

The Comelec spokesman said the commission would investigate the matter as they have to find out how Go's other companions got through and how many of them there were.

"I suspect it is because of the commotion of the moment that some rules might have been relaxed," he said.

The Comelec made the clarification after some members of the media questioned the seemingly special treatment for Go.

Seats for the media were vacated ahead of Go's COC filing as requested by the Comelec and by the Presidential Security Group.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:20 am 
Heavyweight

No government resources for admin bets – Duterte
Alexis Romero (The Philippine Star) - October 16, 2018 - 12:00am

• Honest 2019 polls vowed
• AFP ordered to stay out of politics

MANILA, Philippines — No candidate would be allowed to use state resources during the campaign period, President Duterte said yesterday, as he ordered security forces to remain non-partisan and to work for honest elections.

“Nobody but nobody can use government resources. Not even Bong,” Duterte said, referring to former presidential aide Christopher Go by his nickname. “I will not allow it.”

At the Army change of command ceremony at Fort Bonifacio, Duterte told the troops, “Let us make a deal here. Promise – you make a commitment to the Filipino people: this election, we will all be strictly neutral. The Armed Forces, the police and the uniformed personnel of government – I am asking you not to indulge in partisan politics. We won’t support anyone.”

Go, who served as Duterte’s top aide for more than two decades, filed his certificate of candidacy for senator yesterday, and joined the President at the Army event.

While refraining from directly endorsing Go – an act that is not allowed at military camps — Duterte talked at length about his longtime assistant.

“Bong is not my aide anymore. The moment he signed the certificate of candidacy, he ceased to be a government employee,” Duterte said.

Go, who has been highly visible at government events and whose photos are emblazoned in tarpaulins and posters across the country, has been accused of using state resources to promote his own political ambition.

The former presidential aide has denied the allegation and claimed that his supporters are behind the spread and distribution of those materials. Go has urged his supporters to take down posters and tarpaulins with his image.

Duterte said a communist rebel shot Go’s grandfather in the face while the latter was playing golf.

“That will give you an idea about his (Go) sentiments. Wala akong sinasabi na magboto kayo (I am not asking you to vote for him),” he added.

As the commander-in-chief of the Armed Forces, Duterte said he would endorse candidates because the presidency is a political position.

“But I expect everybody to respect the constitutional prohibition. It’s good, it’s good for the country, and I announced to the country now that we make a pledge: there will be an election and it will be an honest one,” the President said, referring to the constitutional provision that bars uniformed services from siding with politicians.

“I hate to talk about politics in a crowd like this. Ours is a commitment to democratic ideals. One is that the military and the uniformed police personnel should not, should not indulge in politics,” he added.

Duterte said he never entered military camps during election season when he was still mayor of Davao City. Duterte was mayor of the southern city for 23 years.

“There will never be a time that I will talk to you... I may have a very lousy mouth but you know my values are quite good. Especially when it calls for the exercise of delicadeza,” the President said. “But I value friendship. I value loyalty.”

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:48 am 
Heavyweight

Nagfile na din si YOLANDA ROXAS. :biglaugh:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:07 am 
Heavyweight

:biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:14 am 
Heavyweight

:biglaugh: :biglaugh:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:18 am 
Heavyweight

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:22 am 
Heavyweight

IceColdBeer wrote:

agree! :lol: :lol: :lol:

::: LAKERS LOYALIST #24 ::: ::::: WAGONERSSS S@CK :::::

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:46 am 
Heavyweight

Mar Roxas files COC for Senate comeback
(philstar.com) - October 16, 2018 - 9:15am

MANILA, Philippines — Former senator and Interior Secretary Manuel “Mar” Roxas will seek a post in the Upper House in next year’s election.

But he said he has moved on since then.

"Well, unang-una ako naka-move on na ako. Kaya naging mahirap itong desisyon na ito ay dahil hindi basta-bastang parang patuloy lang. Ito yung gawain ko kahapon, ito yung gawain ko itong lingong, ito yung gagawin ko next week. E talagang lumabas na ako ng arena," he said.

He added that he had difficulty in deciding if he would return in the arena of public service.

"Masarap ang buhay ng retirado. Feeling ko tulad ng sinabi ko beterano na ako, nagsilbi na ako sa World War II, Korean War, Vietnam War. Pero palagay ko, kung mayroon mga mananakop na pumasok dito sa bansa natin kahit beterano na ako lalaban pa rin ako," he said.

"Di pa tapos ang trabaho, may mga problema pa. May mga maitutulong ka pa. Kaya sinabi ko na kung pakiwari ng mga kababayan natin na makakatulong pa ako handa ako."

Roxas placed in the 11-17 bracket in the pre-senatorial election survey released by Pulse Asia last month.

He served in the Senate from 2004 to 2010.

Before ending his speech he repeated what he said on Monday when he announced his bid to run: "I have no quit in me..."

"... and I'm not going to quit on our country," he said.

— Ian Nicolas Cigaral with Mikas Matsuzawa

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:47 am 
Heavyweight

Pia Cayetano running for senator anew
Rosette Adel (philstar.com) - October 16, 2018 - 9:50am

MANILA, Philippines — Rep. Pia Cayetano (Taguig City, Second District) is gunning for the Senate seat anew as she filed her certificate of candidacy for senator before the Commission on Elections on Tuesday.

Cayetano, who previously served two terms as senator, filed her COC with her brother, director Lino Cayetano.

.@piacayetano is also here at the Comelec to file her COC for senator. After representing Taguig and Pateros, she is seeking a Senate comeback under Nacionalista Party. @PhilstarNews pic.twitter.com/NoLOTaPuuY

— Rosette Adel (@rosette_adel) October 16, 2018
She is running under the ruling party, PDP-Laban.

In July, Pia ranked second in the Pulse Asia survey on potential candidates for the 2019 mid-term elections.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 158 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 11  Next