Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Thu Jan 28, 2021 4:50 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1068 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 72  Next
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:13 am 
Heavyweight

Kasama ni kanin si BFF sa pagfile ng COC. :biglaugh:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:43 am 
Heavyweight

Magdalo’s Alejano seeks Senate seat
(philstar.com) - October 15, 2018 - 10:01am

MANILA, Philippines — Rep. Gary Alejano (Magdalo party-list) has arrived at the Commission on Elections in Manila on Monday to file his certificate of candidacy.

A staunch critic of the Duterte administration, Alejano will be running as senator under the opposition for the 2019 midterm elections.

In June, he announced that he accepted the nomination of the Magdalo group to run for senator.

Alejano was among the members of the Magdalo who were granted amnesty in 2010 under former President Benigno Aquino III’s proclamation that Congress concurred in.

The Magdalo was known for launching mutinies against the Arroyo administration in 2003 and 2007. — Patricia Lourdes Viray with reports from Rosette Adel

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:47 am 
Heavyweight

Villar seeks second Senate term
(philstar.com) - October 15, 2018 - 9:28am

MANILA, Philippines — Sen. Cynthia Villar, who topped a September Social Weather Stations survey on senatorial candidates, has filed her certificate of candidacy for a second term at the Senate.

Villar went to the Commission on Elections with her husband, former Senate President Manny Villar, who is also a business tycoon primarily engaged in property development, to file her candidacy papers on Monday.

Villar, a member of the Nacionalista Party, is chair of the Committee on Agrarian Reform as well as the Committee on Agriculture and Food.

She is also chair of the Senate Committee on the Environment and Natural Resources and led a site inspection of Boracay island after President Rodrigo Duterte called the top tourist destination a cesspool.

She has been holding follow-up hearings on the progress of rehabilitation work on the island, which is slated to reopen to the public this month after being made off-limits to tourists since April.

Public Works Secretary Mark Villar is her son.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:51 am 
Heavyweight

I have these name in my list for now:
Bam Aquino
Erin Tanada
Chel Diokno
Florin Hilbay
Samira Gutoc

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 12:03 pm 
Heavyweight

Mga Hypocrite mga kandidato ni Amiga :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 1:11 pm 
Heavyweight

Grace Poe seeks re-election
(philstar.com) - October 15, 2018 - 10:43am

MANILA, Philippines — Sen. Grace Poe, who lost the presidential race in 2016, will be seeking her second term as senator for the 2019 midterm elections.

The senator filed her candidacy at the Commission on Elections on Monday.

.@SenGracePOE accompanied by mom Susan Roces when she filed her COC for senator @PhilstarNews pic.twitter.com/tuHVPZ9o1e

— Rosette Adel (@rosette_adel) October 15, 2018
.@SenGracePOE no longer aims for top spot in the senatorial race. “It’s just a bonus.” @PhilstarNews pic.twitter.com/g46G4Sqs52

Poe remains the top choice among preferred senatorial candidates for the 2019 polls, with 67.4 percent of votes of 1,800 registered in Pulse Asia’s July 2018 survey.

In 2013, she topped the senatorial race with 20,337,327 votes. — Patricia Lourdes Viray

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 1:19 pm 
Heavyweight

Roque drops Senate bid for House comeback

Patricia Lourdes Viray (philstar.com) - October 15, 2018 - 12:38pm

MANILA, Philippines — Former presidential spokesperson Harry Roque on Monday announced that he would run as party-list representative in the 2019 midterm elections.

Roque said that his decision not to run for senator came after a conversation with President Rodrigo Duterte on Sunday evening.

"I am taking the advice of the president. While it was always my intention to file a certificate of candidacy for the position of senator, I will actually file a certificate of nomination for party-list under Luntian Pilipinas Party-list," Roque said in his final press briefing at Malacañan.

According to Roque, Duterte told him that his best option was to return to Congress instead of seeking a seat in the Senate.

"Masikip talaga ang Senado. We have seven re-electionists and five comebacking senators in addition to the new faces and finance has always been a hindrance anyway," he said.

The outgoing Malacañang spokesman will be the first nominee of the environmental party-list while Ciara Sotto, daughter of Senate President Tito Sotto, will be the second nominee.

Roque said his choice to represent an environmental group was influenced by mining-induced landslides in Itogon, Benguet and Naga, Cebu.

"If you recall the president has repeatedly said that he wants open pit mining closed and this will be the advocacy that we will be pushing in Congress," Roque said.

Last week, Malacañang announced that Roque would be on leave amid Duterte's offer for him to serve as the press secretary.

Roque's leave of absence came days after he and Special Assistant to the President Bong Go issued conflicting statements on the president's whereabouts.

“I cannot be effective as a spokesperson unless I know everything about the president. Now, people think I lied, I’m telling the nation I did not, I did not know,” Roque earlier said.

Read more at https://www.philstar.com/headlines/2018 ... pmV2VCd.99

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 1:31 pm 
Heavyweight

JV Ejercito may be disqualified if he uses 'Estrada' surname: Comelec

By Ferdinand Patinio October 13, 2018, 7:24 pm

MANILA — Reelectionist Senator JV Ejercito might be "inviting" anyone to file a nuisance case against him in case he pushes through with his plan to use the surname of his father, Manila mayor Joseph Estrada, in his senatorial bid in the 2019 elections.

Comelec spokesperson James Jimenez made this remark Friday, following reports that the reelectionist senator will use the Estrada surname when he files his certificate of candidacy for senator.

Jimenez said Ejercito "can give his name as an alias, as a nickname, but that does not stop anyone from filing a nuisance case against him," citing the case of Senator Alan Cayetano and a certain Peter Cayetano.

“It has happened before that someone filed a candidacy with the same name as a major candidate. Peter Cayetano ran against Alan Cayetano. So nagkaroon ng ganyang issue and that has to be resolved (So that's been an issue and that has to be resolved),” the poll body official said in an interview.

He said if JV Ejercito Estrada and his half-brother, former senator Jinggoy Estrada, would both use their father's surname, someone can file a case not to allow one of them to use the Estrada name.

“Ang pwedeng mangyari is someone can file a case and ‘yung proseso na ‘yan is nuisance (What could happen is someone may file a case and that process is nuisance) because declaring a candidate as a nuisance candidate (happens) if they adopted a name to create confusion,” Jimenez noted.

“This can apply to any pair na may famous last name na pinagaagawan. ‘Yung ang bottom line dyan sometimes pingaagawan ang important name (This can apply to any pair which has a famous last name. The bottomline here is that sometimes they are snatching the name from each other),” he added. (PNA)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 1:32 pm 
Heavyweight

masaya ito :lol: :lol: :lol:

::: LAKERS LOYALIST #24 ::: ::::: WAGONERSSS S@CK :::::

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 2:05 pm 
Heavyweight

Lito Lapid shows off to reporters his certificate of candidacy on Monday, Oct. 15, 2018.

Lito Lapid wants another Senate term
(philstar.com) - October 15, 2018 - 1:09pm

MANILA, Philippines — Former senator and actor Lito Lapid has formalized his Senate re-election bid on Monday for the 2019 mid-term elections.

He, however, chose to skip the delivery of an opening statement and only allowed a photo opportunity.

Lapid refuses to deliver opening statement.
Asked for his advocacy: Uulitin ko din naman ‘yung sinabi ko dati, joke @PhilstarNews pic.twitter.com/7TkoDubYYQ

When asked about his advocacy, Lapid replied that he would just be repeating what he had said when he ran for office before.

Lapid was also asked by a reporter about his decision not to give a statement to media as he might be seen as incapable of answering questions. He replied, although unknown if in jest: "I am."

Reporter: Baka sabihin, sir hindi ninyo kayang sagutin ‘yung tanong kaya ayaw mo magsalita.

Lapid: Hindi nga.
@PhilstarNews pic.twitter.com/UtGgmrlaps

Last week, Lapid swore as one of the members of the Nationalist People’s Coalition.

He was first elected as a senator in 2004. In 2010, former president and now-House Speaker Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo signed the Free Legal Assistance Act of 2010, which was authored by Lapid. — Kristine Joy Patag with Rosette Adel

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 2:06 pm 
Middleweight

don robert wrote:
Bam Aquino
Erin Tanada
Chel Diokno
Florin Hilbay
Samira Gutoc

Hindi obyus!!! :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 2:31 pm 
Heavyweight

Palamu_Ninja wrote:
don robert wrote:
Bam Aquino
Erin Tanada
Chel Diokno
Florin Hilbay
Samira Gutoc

Hindi obyus!!! :lol: :lol:

ganun ba? baka sa iyo. :lol:

wala pa namang final line up ang iba, at ito lang nakita ko na nagsabi na tatakbo sila.

this is the first time i voted for these candidates, including Bam. I did not vote for him last time that he ran, but forgot who i replaced him with. the rest are mostly lawyers and the lady, still thinking about her.

I also voted for the likes of Sen. Gordon last time, even if I disagreed with him on some issues, before and even now.

ganyan mga mature and thinking voter. hindi sa pangalan lang naka depende.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 4:15 pm 
Heavyweight

Ejercito to use 'Estrada' nickname in run for reelection
(philstar.com) - October 15, 2018 - 1:56pm

MANILA, Philippines – Sen. Joseph Victor Ejercito on Monday filed his certificate of candidacy to seek a second term at the Senate.

Ejercito, who ran under the United Nationalist Alliance in 2013, will be running under the Nationalist People's Coalition in the 2019 elections.

.@jvejercito: I will be addressed as JV Ejercito, but JV Estrada is just nickname @PhilstarNews pic.twitter.com/GcnzmZWUsF

The senator, whose legal names is Jose Victor Gomez Ejercito, will use the name "Ejercito Estrada JV (NPC)" on the ballot.

He said in earlier interviews that he left the party his father, former president and incumbent Manila Mayor Joseph Estrada, formed with Vice President Jejomar Binay for the 2013 polls over "differences in principles" with some members of the party.

He took his oath before Senate President Vicente "Tito" Sotto III, leader of the NPC, last week.

Ejercito filed his COC before half-brother Jinggoy Estrada, who is also planning to return to the Senate. He said he would use "JV Estrada" as a campaign nickname.

The senator had earlier said that not using his father's screen name had affected his performance on surveys on senatorial candidates.

In a Social Weather Stations survey conducted in September, Ejercito had a voter preference of just 19 percent, slightly behind reelectionist Sen. Paolo Benigno Aquino IV's 22 percent.

In contrast, Estrada was at sixth place with a voter preference of 31 percent.

Ejercito chairs the Senate committees on Health and Demography, and Urban Planning, Housing and Resettlement.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 5:01 pm 
Heavyweight

"Hello again."

Former Sen. Manuel "Mar" Roxas II has hinted at running for office again in the 2019 elections.

In a video posted on his Facebook page, Roxas said he had gone through an "examination of conscience and discernment" as had put a lot of thought into the responsibilites of a citizen.

"Feeling ko nagsilbi na ako eh, beterano na, nabigay ko na lahat ng kaya," the former Aquino Cabinet official who was savaged on social media during the 2016 presidential campaign says. "I'm not perfect, I've made mistakes," he says.

"I don't have any quit in me, and I won't quit on our country. Kung sa tingin ninyo makakatulong pa ako, handa ako. Ino-offer ko muli ang sarili ko sa inyo," the former president of the decimated Liberal Party also says.

"At hinihingi ko rin ang tuloy niyo dahil hindi ko kaya ito na nag-iisa," he says.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 5:02 pm 
Heavyweight

From denial to filing: SAP Bong’s senatorial bid is now a go

Rosette Adel (philstar.com) - October 15, 2018 - 4:47pm

MANILA, Philippines — After months of denials and disavowals, presidential aide Christopher “Bong” Go finally filed his certificate of candidacy at the Commission on Elections on Monday.

And who went with him at Comelec? No less than President Rodrigo Duterte himself and some Cabinet officials. Duterte even sat across Go as the latter submitted his COC before a poll official.

Security was also tightened with two rows in the area where the press are located vacated to accommodate Cabinet officials like Communications Secretary Martin Andanar, Foreign Affairs Secretary Alan Peter Cayetano and Executive Secretary Salvador Medialdea.

Go, who repeatedly said he is not interested in running because he is committed to assisting Duterte, formalized his candidacy on the third day of filing.

Over an hour before he went to Comelec, Go told reporters at San Miguel church that he would indeed be running for Senate.

Talk about Go’s senatorial bid began going around after Duterte encouraged his assistant to testify in the Senate for a controversial frigate deal. He called it a "golden opportunity" for Go's senatorial plans.

The presidential aide, however, dismissed this as a joke and denied having any interest to run.

"I am committed to stand beside him 'til kingdom come," Go said in February.

Despite this, speculations on Go’s senatorial bid persisted due to posters, billboards and other items associated with election campaigns that bore his name and likeness. He was also continuously seen at events to represent the president.

Go even graced a meet-and-greet session with overseas Filipino workers in South Korea, clarifying that it was not funded by the government.

Last July, Go said he was leaving the decision on running for senator to Duterte.

On Tuesday, Go was also identified by the president as one of the Cabinet officials set to run for the mid-term polls.

This is Go’s first time to run for office.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1068 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 72  Next