Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Thu Aug 22, 2019 1:07 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 100 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next

Payag ka ba na ibalik ang mandatory ROTC?
Oo.. 90%  90%  [ 9 ]
Hindi.. 10%  10%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 10
Author Message
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 8:02 pm 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 27, 2010 11:38 am
Posts: 27823
Location: Southeast Asia
Guys, hot issue ulit ang ROTC..
Gawa tayo ng thread about it...

Pabor ka ba na ibalik ang ROTC?

Boto na...
:D

_________________
“YESTERDAY IS HISTORY, TOMORROW A MYSTERY, AND TODAY
A GIFT…THAT’S WHY IT IS CALLED THE PRESENT “.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 8:04 pm 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 27, 2010 11:38 am
Posts: 27823
Location: Southeast Asia
House OKs mandatory ROTC for grades 11, 12 on 2nd reading
By: Pathricia Ann V. Roxas - Reporter / @PathRoxasINQ INQUIRER.net / 06:24 PM February 06, 2019


MANILA, Philippines — The House of Representatives swiftly approved on second reading a bill seeking to revive the mandatory Reserve Officers Training Corps (ROTC) for grades 11 and 12 in public and private schools nationwide as a requisite for graduation.

House Bill No. 8961 was approved on second reading via viva voce or a vote of “ayes” and “nays.” The proposed law was approved by the committee on basic education and culture last Jan. 30.

The bill, which seeks to amend Republic Act No. 7077 or the “Citizen Armed Forces of the Philippines Reservist Act,” claims to “instill patriotism, love of country, moral and spiritual virtues, respect for human rights and adherence to the Constitution.”

The following students may be exempted from the conduct of ROTC:

– Those who are physically or psychologically unfit;
– Those who have undergone or are undergoing similar military training;
– Those who are chosen by their school to serve as the school’s varsity players in sports competition;
– Those who may be exempted from training for valid reasons as approved by the Department of National Defense, upon recommendation by an educational institution where the concerned student is enrolled.

Amendments

During the period of amendments, Nueva Ecija 3rd District Rep. Rosanna Vergara suggested removing the mandatory advanced ROTC program in tertiary institutions under Section 6 of the bill, as well as the provision allowing graduates of the said program to be eligible for commissionship or enlistment in the AFP. The amendment was accepted.

Vergara also introduced an additional sentence to Section 4 of the bill: “In no way shall the ROTC be used for political aims to teach and instill a particular ideology, and as a mechanism for hazing and abuse.” The amendment was likewise carried.

The lawmaker also added two new sections establishing the ROTC Grievance Board to investigate and resolve complaints in the ROTC program, and holding liable the educational institution and its instructors in-charge of the program for any damage or injury caused to a student during the implementation of the ROTC. Both changes were accepted subject to style.


Kabataan Rep. Sarah Elago objected to the approval of the bill, saying the program “brings a false sense of nationalism and patriotism.”

“What we need are genuine efforts to address issues in basic education, not militarization. What we need is an army of youth conscious of their historic role as the hope of our land, not forcibly trained in the mercenary tradition of blind obedience to authority and only to be used as pawns in silencing the people,” she added.

On November 2018, President Rodrigo Duterte urged Congress to “expedite” the restoration of ROTC for senior high school students to “instill patriotism, love of country among our youth.” If Congress fails to act on it, he said he might issue an executive order (EO) to require it./ac


Read more: https://newsinfo.inquirer.net/1082377/h ... z5eqWNVISy
Follow us: @inquirerdotnet on Twitter | inquirerdotnet on Facebook

_________________
“YESTERDAY IS HISTORY, TOMORROW A MYSTERY, AND TODAY
A GIFT…THAT’S WHY IT IS CALLED THE PRESENT “.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 8:05 pm 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 27, 2010 11:38 am
Posts: 27823
Location: Southeast Asia
House OKs bill for mandatory senior high school ROTC on 2nd reading


RG Cruz, ABS-CBN News

Posted at Feb 06 2019 08:25 PM



MANILA - The House of Representatives has approved on 2nd reading a bill requiring Reserve Officers' Training Corps (ROTC) training for senior high school students.

House Bill No. 8961 establishes a mandatory basic ROTC program for students enrolled in Grades 11 and 12 in public and private schools as requisite for graduation.

The bill also lays down exemptions:
•Those physically or psychologically unfit as certified by the Armed Forces of the Philippines (AFP) Surgeon General or his authorized medical officer
•Those who have undergone or are undergoing similar military training
•Those who were chosen by their school to serve as varsity players in sports competitions
•Those exempt from training for valid reasons as approved by the Department of National Defense

Graduates of basic ROTC will be eligible for commissionship through lateral entry and enlistment in the AFP, Philippine National Police, Philippine Coast Guard, Bureau of Jail Management and Penology, and Bureau of Fire Protection.

Students undergoing basic and advance ROTC training will be provided free hospitalization in any government hospital in case of accident or injury during the training.

Makabayan bloc lawmakers slammed the development, saying mandatory ROTC has a "long history and culture of abuse, corruption, and impunity."

"Instead of addressing the woes on basic education caused by and worsened by K to 12 (Kindergarten to 12 years program), Duterte and Congress prioritize subjecting students to mandatory military service (ROTC) instead, which is a 'hotbed of abuses'," Kabataan Rep. Sarah Elago said in a statement.

K to 12 is the education reform program introduced during the previous administration which added two years to the 10-year basic education cycle.

Gabriela Women’s Party (GWP) also condemned the approval of the bill, saying the debate was "cut short to pave the way for hurried voting."

"We were ready to inquire if there was indeed any investigation conducted over the slew of rape and sexual harassment cases perpetrated by ROTC officers, and if anyone has been held accountable for the abuses against young women," it said.

"Unfortunately, the House leadership wanted the dirt to be swept under the rug with the hasty approval of the measure on second reading."

Mandatory military training in college was made optional in 2002 following the death of Mark Chua, a University of Santo Tomas student who was allegedly slain by course officers after exposing fund mismanagement.

ROTC is now one of the three components of the National Service Training Program (NSTP), a civic education and defense preparedness program for students, along with Civic Welfare Training Service (CWTS) and Literacy Training Service (LTS).

_________________
“YESTERDAY IS HISTORY, TOMORROW A MYSTERY, AND TODAY
A GIFT…THAT’S WHY IT IS CALLED THE PRESENT “.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 8:06 pm 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2011 7:30 pm
Posts: 12596
Location: SERN
Hindi... May NSTP program naman na...

_________________
Ang salitang tayo ay past tense ng pariralang hindi na tayo...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 8:06 pm 
Offline
Cruiserweight
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2016 8:50 am
Posts: 3203
Location: Little Boy in Hiroshima
pabor ako kasi......................







naghirap ako diyan nung college days ko kaya dapat makabawi wahahaha :lol: :lol: :lol:






seriously, I think this is good for nation building..........it builds the character of our reserve national force.....

_________________
Fat Man in Nagasaki


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 8:09 pm 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 27, 2010 11:38 am
Posts: 27823
Location: Southeast Asia
thedarkdragon11 wrote:
Hindi... May NSTP program naman na...


National Service Training Program

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia


The National Service Training Program (NSTP), is a civic education and defense preparedness program students instituted by the Government of the Philippines on 5 January 2000 by virtue of Republic Act 9163, otherwise known as the "National Service Training Program (NSTP) Act of 2001."



Under the NSTP Program, both male and female college students of any baccalaureate degree course or technical vocational course in public or private educational institutions are obliged to undergo one of three program components for an academic period of two semesters. The students, however, are free to choose which particular program component to take. The three NSTP Program components are:

Civic Welfare Training Service (CWTS)

This program component is designed to provide students with activities contributory to the general welfare and betterment of life of the members of the community especially those developed to improve social welfare services.

Literacy Training Service (LTS)

This program component is designed to train students in teaching literacy and numeracy skills to schoolchildren and out-of-school youths. The hope is to continue learning on a peer - to - peer interaction.

Reserve Officers' Training Corps (ROTC)

This program component is designed to provide military education and training for students to mobilize them for national defense preparedness. This is also a glimpse for young people to see how military life is and encourage them into service.

Graduates of the ROTC program component are organized into the Citizen Armed Force, while graduates of the LTS and CWTS program components are organized into the National Service Reserve Corps (NSRC) administered by the Department of National Defense, the Commission on Higher Education and Technical Education and Skills Development Authority.

_________________
“YESTERDAY IS HISTORY, TOMORROW A MYSTERY, AND TODAY
A GIFT…THAT’S WHY IT IS CALLED THE PRESENT “.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 8:12 pm 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2011 7:30 pm
Posts: 12596
Location: SERN
JABEZJ wrote:
thedarkdragon11 wrote:
Hindi... May NSTP program naman na...


National Service Training Program

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia


The National Service Training Program (NSTP), is a civic education and defense preparedness program students instituted by the Government of the Philippines on 5 January 2000 by virtue of Republic Act 9163, otherwise known as the "National Service Training Program (NSTP) Act of 2001."



Under the NSTP Program, both male and female college students of any baccalaureate degree course or technical vocational course in public or private educational institutions are obliged to undergo one of three program components for an academic period of two semesters. The students, however, are free to choose which particular program component to take. The three NSTP Program components are:

Civic Welfare Training Service (CWTS)

This program component is designed to provide students with activities contributory to the general welfare and betterment of life of the members of the community especially those developed to improve social welfare services.

Literacy Training Service (LTS)

This program component is designed to train students in teaching literacy and numeracy skills to schoolchildren and out-of-school youths. The hope is to continue learning on a peer - to - peer interaction.

Reserve Officers' Training Corps (ROTC)

This program component is designed to provide military education and training for students to mobilize them for national defense preparedness. This is also a glimpse for young people to see how military life is and encourage them into service.

Graduates of the ROTC program component are organized into the Citizen Armed Force, while graduates of the LTS and CWTS program components are organized into the National Service Reserve Corps (NSRC) administered by the Department of National Defense, the Commission on Higher Education and Technical Education and Skills Development Authority.


Ano meron dyan Bro? Aware naman ako dyan... Bat di na lang ilipat NSTP sa SHS tulad nung ibang subjects?

_________________
Ang salitang tayo ay past tense ng pariralang hindi na tayo...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 8:12 pm 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 27, 2010 11:38 am
Posts: 27823
Location: Southeast Asia
The.Equalizer wrote:
pabor ako kasi......................


naghirap ako diyan nung college days ko kaya dapat makabawi wahahaha :lol: :lol: :lol:


seriously, I think this is good for nation building..........it builds the character of our reserve national force.....


Me too...2 years (4 sems) kami nagmartsa...every Sunday ang formation...tsk tsk

_________________
“YESTERDAY IS HISTORY, TOMORROW A MYSTERY, AND TODAY
A GIFT…THAT’S WHY IT IS CALLED THE PRESENT “.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 8:13 pm 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 27, 2010 11:38 am
Posts: 27823
Location: Southeast Asia
thedarkdragon11 wrote:
JABEZJ wrote:
thedarkdragon11 wrote:
Hindi... May NSTP program naman na...


National Service Training Program

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia


The National Service Training Program (NSTP), is a civic education and defense preparedness program students instituted by the Government of the Philippines on 5 January 2000 by virtue of Republic Act 9163, otherwise known as the "National Service Training Program (NSTP) Act of 2001."



Under the NSTP Program, both male and female college students of any baccalaureate degree course or technical vocational course in public or private educational institutions are obliged to undergo one of three program components for an academic period of two semesters. The students, however, are free to choose which particular program component to take. The three NSTP Program components are:

Civic Welfare Training Service (CWTS)

This program component is designed to provide students with activities contributory to the general welfare and betterment of life of the members of the community especially those developed to improve social welfare services.

Literacy Training Service (LTS)

This program component is designed to train students in teaching literacy and numeracy skills to schoolchildren and out-of-school youths. The hope is to continue learning on a peer - to - peer interaction.

Reserve Officers' Training Corps (ROTC)

This program component is designed to provide military education and training for students to mobilize them for national defense preparedness. This is also a glimpse for young people to see how military life is and encourage them into service.

Graduates of the ROTC program component are organized into the Citizen Armed Force, while graduates of the LTS and CWTS program components are organized into the National Service Reserve Corps (NSRC) administered by the Department of National Defense, the Commission on Higher Education and Technical Education and Skills Development Authority.


Ano meron dyan Bro? Aware naman ako dyan... Bat di na lang ilipat NSTP sa SHS tulad nung ibang subjects?


Pinost ko lang naman ang meaning ng NSTP...

_________________
“YESTERDAY IS HISTORY, TOMORROW A MYSTERY, AND TODAY
A GIFT…THAT’S WHY IT IS CALLED THE PRESENT “.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 8:15 pm 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2011 7:30 pm
Posts: 12596
Location: SERN
JABEZJ wrote:
Pinost ko lang naman ang meaning ng NSTP...


Ah ok Bro... Kung sabagay baka nga naman di aware yung iba...

_________________
Ang salitang tayo ay past tense ng pariralang hindi na tayo...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 8:16 pm 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 27, 2010 11:38 am
Posts: 27823
Location: Southeast Asia
thedarkdragon11 wrote:
JABEZJ wrote:
Pinost ko lang naman ang meaning ng NSTP...


Ah ok Bro... Kung sabagay baka nga naman di aware yung iba...


Hindi din kasi ako aware sa NSTP..
Hindi ko na kasi yan inabutan..hehe

_________________
“YESTERDAY IS HISTORY, TOMORROW A MYSTERY, AND TODAY
A GIFT…THAT’S WHY IT IS CALLED THE PRESENT “.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 8:17 pm 
Offline
Cruiserweight
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2016 8:50 am
Posts: 3203
Location: Little Boy in Hiroshima
JABEZJ wrote:
The.Equalizer wrote:
pabor ako kasi......................


naghirap ako diyan nung college days ko kaya dapat makabawi wahahaha :lol: :lol: :lol:


seriously, I think this is good for nation building..........it builds the character of our reserve national force.....


Me too...2 years (4 sems) kami nagmartsa...every Sunday ang formation...tsk tsk

I'm only joking, yung uncle ko pala yun nag-ROTC........bale fresh grad lang po ako last year 20's pa lang ako hihihihihihihih :bounce1:







:lol: :lol: :lol:

_________________
Fat Man in Nagasaki


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 8:19 pm 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 27, 2010 11:38 am
Posts: 27823
Location: Southeast Asia
The.Equalizer wrote:
JABEZJ wrote:
The.Equalizer wrote:
pabor ako kasi......................


naghirap ako diyan nung college days ko kaya dapat makabawi wahahaha :lol: :lol: :lol:


seriously, I think this is good for nation building..........it builds the character of our reserve national force.....


Me too...2 years (4 sems) kami nagmartsa...every Sunday ang formation...tsk tsk

I'm only joking, yung uncle ko pala yun nag-ROTC........bale fresh grad lang po ako 20 years ago...nasa 50's pa lang ako hihihihihihihih :bounce1:


:lol: :lol: :lol:


Yun din ang sabi nila sa akin...
2 years daw ang ROTC... :lol:

_________________
“YESTERDAY IS HISTORY, TOMORROW A MYSTERY, AND TODAY
A GIFT…THAT’S WHY IT IS CALLED THE PRESENT “.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 8:20 pm 
Offline
Cruiserweight
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2016 8:50 am
Posts: 3203
Location: Little Boy in Hiroshima
:shock:








:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

_________________
Fat Man in Nagasaki


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 8:22 pm 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 27, 2010 11:38 am
Posts: 27823
Location: Southeast Asia
Real patriotism doesn’t lie on ROTC — youth group
Gaea Katreena Cabico (philstar.com) - February 7, 2019 - 2:46pm


MANILA, Philippines — A youth group slammed the approval of a House bill that seeks to make the Reserve Officers’ Training Corps program mandatory for Grades 11 and 12.

The House of Representatives, through viva voce voting, passed House Bill 8961 on second reading Wednesday. If the bill becomes a law, the mandatory reservist training would become a requisite for Grade 11 and 12 students to graduate.

House passes mandatory ROTC bill on second readingReviving the ROTC program is one of the legislative priorities of President Rodrigo Duterte, which he said would instill “discipline” and “patriotism” among the youth.

But for Samahan ng Progresibong Kabataan, the ROTC is a “hotbed of abuses,” citing the death of University of Santo Tomas student Mark Nelson Chua, which prompted the passage of the National Service Training Program, making ROTC voluntary.

Chua was murdered after exposing irregularities in the ROTC unit of UST.

“Patriotism does not necessarily equate to student cadets marching under the scorching heat of the sun every Sunday, wielding a rifle and mindlessly following shouted orders like training canines, minus the vulgar threats,” SPARK said, adding that these activities do “nothing to develop one’s talents, skills and character that can be deemed relevant in nation building.”

It stressed that if the government wants the youth to take the lead in nation building, it can opt for programs that can hone the youth’s skills and appreciation of history and cultural heritage.

“Real patriotism lies on the active participation of citizens in governance and nation building at all levels. Real patriotism is improving the conditions of the majority of our population,” SPARK said.

The upper chamber’s version of the bill is still being deliberated at committee level.

_________________
“YESTERDAY IS HISTORY, TOMORROW A MYSTERY, AND TODAY
A GIFT…THAT’S WHY IT IS CALLED THE PRESENT “.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 100 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next

All times are UTC + 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

philboxing.com | pinoygreats.com
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group