Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 10:38 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post subject: english posts please
PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 12:19 am 

It has come to the attention of the mods that non-english posts outside of the general chit chat section have become rampant in the last few weeks. If you noticed that your thread or post were deleted, cry not. I'm not making any threats here, but if this continues, some members could be banned temporarily just to square them away.

Post subject: Re: english posts please
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 4:37 pm 
Light Heavyweight

bisdak wrote:
It has come to the attention of the mods that non-english posts outside of the general chit chat section have become rampant in the last few weeks. If you noticed that your thread or post were deleted, cry not. I'm not making any threats here, but if this continues, some members could be banned temporarily just to square them away.

Mr. Bisdak, I agree with your rules. We must impose English strictly. I'm for it. Lately, lower house and the Senate have unanimously approved English as the medium of instruction.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 3:39 am 
Cruiserweight

Jalapeno wrote:
bisdak wrote:

Mr. Bisdak, I agree with your rules. We must impose English strictly. I'm for it. Lately, lower house and the Senate have unanimously approved English as the medium of instruction.

Oh really, thanks! for the info i didn't know that, now i know :wink:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 11:56 pm 
Cruiserweight

Jalapeno wrote:
bisdak wrote:

Pacquiao supports English as medium of instruction in schools
By Yahoo! Southeast Asia Editors – January 20th, 2011

By Alexander Villafania, loQal.ph
For Yahoo! Southeast Asia

QUEZON CITY, METRO MANILA – Boxer and politician Manny Pacquiao has a “quirky” way of speaking English and he’s not one to deny the need to learn the language. Unknown to most, the record-holding pugilist is supporting a bill for the development of the English language in schools.

A profile of Representative Emmanuel “Manny” Pacquiao (of the lone district of Sarangani) in Congress shows that he has “co-authored” several measures, including House Bill 93, which seeks to make English as the medium of instruction in schools.

Pacquiao has been known to use English in many of his interviews despite having been a high school dropout and having no formal training in public speaking.

His accent and, in many cases, his grammar has been the subject of jokes. One fan has even put up a Facebook fan page parody highlighting his English-speaking skills or lack thereof.

The proposal was originally authored by Rep. Eduardo Gullas, who has been lobbying since 2009 to make English the primary method of teaching for all academic subjects.

Several members of the House of Congress and Senate have also supported such a measure, citing the need to improve the English-speaking capabilities of Filipino students.

But some sectors still argue that Filipino is still the most effective language for medium of instruction.

Former Gabriela Women’s Party Representative Liza Maza pushed for the use of Filipino, citing that the Philippine Constitution sets Filipino as the national language.

The 2010 report by the National Statistics Office (NSO), citing collated reports from several education agencies in the Philippines, showed that the 2007 English proficiency achievement rate of elementary students is 60.78 percent. High school students have achievement rate of 51.78 percent.

The business process outsourcing in the Philippines is also a growing industry and demands mostly English-speaking employees. Officials from the Contact Center Association of the Philippines (CCAP) said that the hiring rate among contact centers is about two out of 100 interviewees.

Photo by AP/Pat Roque

loQal.ph is a website owned and operated by Filquest Media Concepts, Inc. It works under the principle of giving voice to the voiceless, empowering Filipinos and uplifting the image of the Philippines by highlighting its unique culture. To do this, the loQal.ph team produces stories, video, photos and other multimedia content types to inspire and celebrate Filipino achievements, ideas, products and places.

Source: http://ph.yfittopostblog.com/2011/01/20 ... n-schools/

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:09 pm 
Cruiserweight

Many are still posting purely in Tagalog without Translation

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2014 5:53 pm 
Cruiserweight

wooks425 wrote:
Many are still posting purely in Tagalog without Translation

up for jab & mando. :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2016 3:25 pm 
Strawweight

Sorry,...I'm not good in my English language. I'm not comfortable with English. I'm always asking english writing help my from any book review writing services or essay writing services

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2016 3:47 pm 
Heavyweight

Jalapeno wrote:
bisdak wrote:

mang mullats you do not post lately, are you busy?

-The Vice President

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2016 4:30 pm 
Featherweight

No problem, English language is just a language nothing else it's has nothing to do with any individuals mental capability. Thanks for the info.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 11:04 pm 
Strawweight

When communicated in English anyone can understand...

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 11:20 pm 
Heavyweight

Jalapeno wrote:
bisdak wrote:

I also agree with mr bisdak's rule tatang mullato. :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 9:37 am 
Middleweight

Agree! This site is for the whole General public, specially for international audience! Tnx!