Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Mon May 21, 2018 5:35 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2003 7:15 am 

Hi Shiva! (or Dong Secuya?) Congratulations! After Manny's rousing win, we gained tremendous increased of members here!

I took the backseat for a while, to give way to the newcomers, afterall i have said enough before the fight and shortly after the fight.

However, i wish to know that now Manny is here... has Manny been advised to know this website you created? Has he been able to read the praises we have been doing here all along since September? Has Manny been able to read our pre and post analysis here? For sure all our friends wishes to be notice here also by Manny.

Anyways, the win of Manny is all we want to happen, to be notice by Manny is just a bonus.

Congratulations!!!
Mabuhay ka Manny!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2003 7:39 am 
Site Admin

Jawo, no we have not yet made any initiative to contact Manny or his manager to inform them about this website. Though I've got a feeling they already got wind of this website since someone from L.A. has been regularly sending us photos of Manny taken during his training at the Wildcard gym.

Would be good for Manny to know that he's already got a website and for him to send his message to his fans regularly via this website. I think it should happen.

Yes, the members did grow right after Nov. 15 and with its growth we need more people to act as moderators of the board. I would like to take this opportunity to offer you Jawo if you'd like to be one. To others as well this offer stands.

I was also thinking on making this site as the de facto boxing forum for the Philippine boxing scene since there is none at the moment on the Internet. I will expand my news postings that will include all Philippine boxing stories and Philippine boxers with their current standings, records and upcoming fight schedules. Of cours we will do this that it would not intervene to the real purpose of this -- that this is Manny's site.

What do you think Jawo? And to others, please give us your feedback.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2003 8:23 am 
Light Heavyweight

Bros,
What you are doing is the best! which one of you started it? he or she deserves to be congrtulated too, I am a long time fan of boxing, especially and of course Pinoy boxers, since I'm Pinoy, I have been collecting videos of filipino boxers in action, I have some of Espinosa's fight at HBO where in he KOd a brother, yung tinalikuran siya habang ibinibigay ng ref yung mga rules sa gitna ng ring, nahiram ko lang sa barkada yung copya. Anyway, first time I heard of Manny was in 1998, I'm not sure, pero kalaban niya yata yung taga Thailand at nanalo siya , hanga ako, although during that time Penalosa was trying to win back the crown from a Korean,so sad nadaya na naman siya, anyway I hope this is a start of something big, para ma glorify ang mga Filipino athletes, hindi lang sa boxing, tulad ni Efren Bata Reyes, we exchanges videos, pics of our great athletes, if any one wants Espinosa's fights, i can donate a copy, kaya lang nasa VHS, I can give it to anybody who is willing to convert it to a mpeg or vcd so we can share to all our kababayan, keep up the good works! kailan natin yan , magsama-sama
kailangan nating kumilos tayong mga ordinaryong tao, ang sama kasi na nangyayari sa govt natin, I 'm sorry I said it, pero talagang tayo na lang mga ordinaryong pinoy ang magkaroon intiative at pagasa na gumanda ang pagsasama sama ng mga Pinoy sa buong mundo,(sorry medyo nadala ako ng damdamion ko) anyway, mabuhay kayo mga bro!

Last edited by Kalabaw on Mon Jan 26, 2004 4:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2003 8:41 am 
Site Admin

Bro. Thanks for your kind words. You may coordinate with tootsuite. He can convert you collection of VHS to MPG and somebody will take care of the distribution. Where do you live? Tootsuite is in CA.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2003 9:20 am 
Welterweight

Yeah, I agree. Manny SHOULD be informed of this website and it would be nice if he would grace the site every now and then (which I think he will given the humility of our idol). Congratulations to shiva, miron_lang, Dong Secuya, and all people who are associated with this website. Good job you guys! You should be honored in Manny's presentations to the public and his appearances as an official part of the team, in my opinion, rather than those circus politicians we have who just want to ride on on the popularity bandwagon. Honor where honor is due, that to you guys! Cheers and salulations!

I think you guys (the website moderators) should take initiative. Wala nang hiya hiya -- you deserve this for all the sacrifices and work. I'm sure Manny would be happy. This is just but the right and natural thing to do. Besides, this will really become THE OFFICIAL site, when Manny consents already to make this the official Manny Pacquiao website. So congrats again! (Tawagan nyo na si Manny at Rod Nazario, at baka maunahan pa kayo.) More power!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2003 9:23 am 
Welterweight

Kasi kung hindi kayo magti-take ng initiative eh alam n'yo naman busy si Manny, at ang daming vultures na gusto kumuha ng credit ngayon, baka sayang naman yung pagmamalasakit natin ke Manny. Mabuhay kayo! More power!

(Plus, you have advance/inside info pa on his future fight plans di ba for official announcements, like GQ and Kache in the MAB site).

Regards and God bless!
Pert

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2003 10:09 am 
Lightweight

Shiva and the rest
Maybe you could email the various filipino newspapers (particularly the sports columnists) and inform them of this website. I like your vision of promoting Philippine boxing through this website using Manny as an anchor. Just build it and I am sure they will come...more power to you....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2003 10:56 am 
Site Admin

Pert wrote:
Congratulations to shiva, miron_lang, Dong Secuya, and all people who are associated with this website.

shiva = Dong Secuya :D

What pushed me to create this website ay nong bumisita ako minsan sa site ni MAB at sa isang post ay pinalayas yong mga Pinoy doon dahil para daw silang mga bagavond na patambaytambay lang sa mga foreign boxers's sites dahil yong mga boxers daw natin ay walang mga websites. So yon medyo na-challenge ako at ginawa to. And thanks to the guys who supported early on sina miron, jawo, antigen, andy_nyc at iba pa who kept the discussion busy.

I think we're in to a new era of boxing in the Philippines. In Cebu and in other parts of the country we have a bunch of boxers who are potential world beaters. With Manny's lead, we can become a world boxing power in a few years time. I also had this feeling about Manny as a man of destiny so I did not hesitate to create this site for him.

Anyway we should be all glad to witness and to be part of this historic moment. As veteran journalist Teddy Benigno aptly described in his column, that the Pacquiao-Barrera fight was the greatest fight by a Filipino in Philippine history. And come to think of it. Pacquiao has actually just started!

So guys, let's welcome and help usher in the golden years of Philippine boxing!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2003 6:18 am 
Light Heavyweight

Shiva....nandito ako sa WA state. I will contact toosuite about the tapes, if he is not busy. Mabuhay kayong lahat ! mga Bros!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2003 8:49 am 
Welterweight

Tama si Jethro, dapat may sumulat sa mga editors ng mga newspapers para ipaalam sa kanila na may website para kay idol. Matagal na din ako sa website na to, pero usually miron lang ako. Ayos tlga ang mga comments, history lessons on boxing at analysis d2 about Manny, his fight with the great MAB and boxing in general. Kudos to Shiva, of course, kase sya and promotor ng lahat ng ito. At least man lang eh mapasalamatan sya ni Manny at ng management nya. And to Jawo, tootsuite, miron_lang, pert, andy_nyc, matinding manapak (hands of stone in the Barrera forum?) and all the others who have made the past two months exciting, opinionated, argumentative, etc. leading to the great fight we all have just witnessed. Biruin nyo we crossed all borders and met here to pay homage to our great hero, Manny Pacquiao. I also feel that this is a great way to promote Philippine boxing here and abroad. Again, salamat sa lahat sa inyo, nakahanap ako ng mga katulad ko na adik sa boxing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2003 9:43 am 

shiva I can be a moderator..
almost everyday kung monitor website ni manny..
if you are interested just contact me..

mailto:nardong_putik69@yahoo.com

GOD BLESS Not only manny and also you for making this website

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2003 2:27 pm 
Welterweight

TARANTADO wrote:
shiva I can be a moderator..
almost everyday kung monitor website ni manny..
if you are interested just contact me..

mailto:nardong_putik69@yahoo.com

GOD BLESS Not only manny and also you for making this website

Its good to know you volounteered to be a moderator :beer: Tarantado!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2003 11:28 am 
Welterweight

Bros., I think that you should follow the suggestions of Jethro, and that is the most effective way of letting Manny know of this site.

I hope that this site would be the Official Website of Manny as soon as possible and you guys deserve it really. No doubt about it!

Adding infos about other Filipino fighters is a very good idea and I hope that it would be available soon. I want to know more about boxing and the best start would be to know better about Philippine boxing.

CONGRATS AND THANKS TO YOU GUYS FOR A JOB WELL DONE!!!
MORE POWER TO YOU ALL!!!

YOU'RE THE BEST AND YOU'RE THE MAN!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2004 6:53 pm 
Middleweight

Yes, I guess so. But the only trouble is he ain't got a computer, I think. :smoke:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2004 5:04 am 
Light Heavyweight

Is Manny aware of this site yet, or some of his so called Team Pac are still preventing him from knowing all the information here, It seems to me that this site has more information (and more sense) on Manny than Team Pac and Manny doesnt even know who is his trainer. Maybe if he can only read our infos, ideas, and comments here, he might be able to learn how to answer back his Managers and Promoters.

Last edited by Kalabaw on Mon Jan 26, 2004 2:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.