Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Fri Aug 17, 2018 9:29 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2004 12:18 pm 
Light Heavyweight

My fellow Kababayan:

I will help in letting Manny know about this website. I am based in Washington DC/New York and I watched Manny's last fight with Marquez ringside at MGM. I am planning of going to Los Angeles sometime in February to watch him train...however, I am not 100% sure that I could watch the fight live as I have a national exam to take that weekend in DC. My bro works with the President in Malacanang and maybe he can help us...also, please give me the address of any Philippine newspaper editor and I will write them. I will also pay them so they could publish an 'OPEN LETTER' to Manny Pacquiao himself. The only problem is Manny will be in the States by then....
By the way, as far as his next fight, I am a bit nervous as I can feel Manny is taking Marquez easy...I know he says he is aware that Marquez is a hard fight (" mabigat na kalaban si Marquez, etc...") but he seems to be more talk than action whereas Marquez is already in high intensity training in Mexico...accordint to my Mexican girlfriend who is a flight attendant, she heard Marquez is even doing some sparring already...I can't confirm but that's what she told me and she's pro-Manny. I think Manny should leave the Philippines NOW and have full 8 weeks of training (same amount of time he trained for Barrera) and not 6 weeks...personally, I think 6 weeks is not enough...I am afraid Marquez will win a decision this time...(I DO HOPE I AM PROVEN WRONG0! Anyway, let me know if I should write the editors in the Phillippines...better yet, I'll talk to Manny himself!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2004 1:37 pm 
Bantamweight

thanks to all mods. this site is really something.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2004 2:37 pm 
Lightweight

Jethro wrote:
Shiva and the rest
Maybe you could email the various filipino newspapers (particularly the sports columnists) and inform them of this website. I like your vision of promoting Philippine boxing through this website using Manny as an anchor. Just build it and I am sure they will come...more power to you....

A couple of news paper knows about this website bro's...Hope it will be known not only nationwide but also worldwide...My congratulation to the mods and all the members..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2004 3:00 pm 
Lightweight

Congratulation guys, this is a good topic to have. I think it would also be good if every now and then, we can get manny on a chat room, either on this website or somewhere else so he can directly answer our questions. There are so many people around the world that admire him and if we can get answer to a lot of questions straight from the horse's mouth, then it would be the best ever.

I do agree too that if only Manny would have a chance to have a glimpse of what people say on this site, it will open up a new world for him. He'll find out that a lot of people really do care for him and that he made a lot of us proud just by being a noble champion.

I said a noble champion because I haven't heard of a Filipino Champion who shared his blessings with countless people around him. He didn't share small amount, he shared million of pesos. By that alone, he earned more respect from a lot of people than anything else.

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 10:01 pm 
Heavyweight

MR. T. wrote:
shiva I can be a moderator..
almost everyday kung monitor website ni manny..
if you are interested just contact me..

nardong_putik69@yahoo.com

GOD BLESS Not only manny and also you for making this website

Asan na kaya si Mr t?

Genghis Khan

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 6:46 pm 
Bantamweight

Ok din siguro kung malalaman ni manny na nag eexist ung ganitong site, un ngalang madaming cocontrolin ung admin na mga comments

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2015 1:58 pm 
Cruiserweight

I do remember the web wars on pacland.com and mp8.ph years back.

Pinoygreats.com

mp8.ph

Traffic on pinoygreats is in the decline, but it is still significant.