Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Tue Nov 13, 2018 3:48 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 266 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 18  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 12:09 pm 
Offline
Lightweight

Joined: Thu Mar 26, 2009 10:48 pm
Posts: 195
The definition of a hero is a man of distinguished courage or ability, admired for his brave deeds and noble qualities...

I’m pinoy and I’m proud of it, but despite of that, I don't believe Manny Pacquiao should be considered a Filipino hero, why, because he supports the most corrupt president in our time, President Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo (PGMA), he supports a president that lies, cheats, and steals, a president who tries to change our form of government and constitution so she could stay in power beyond 2010, a president who is guilty of human rights violation, a president who pardoned Joseph Estrada (Erap), another corrupt president, because he is supporting a corrupt leader, I do not believe Manny should be considered a Filipino hero...

To those who say that politics and Manny shouldn’t mix, he mixed them, by inviting corrupt political officials, like Chavit Singson and others, into the ring with him, by joining PGMA’s party LAKAS and running for a congressional seat, and he is running again in the 2010 Philippine general election...

How can you say Manny represents the Philippines since he supports the most corrupt president in our time, PGMA? How can you call Manny a Filipino hero since he supports a corrupt leader like PGMA? Doesn't Manny see how evil PGMA is? Are we all going to turn a blind eye and say that it's okay, Manny is supporting the Philippines in boxing, so it's okay if he supports PGMA? Hell no, I don't care if Manny is a pinoy like me, it's like saying that we have to support PGMA because she represents the Philippines and is a pinoy like me... Hell no!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 12:19 pm 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 28, 2005 4:46 pm
Posts: 13717
Location: acapulco
if one criteria for a hero is dumbness, pacquiao is a big possibility for the category :biglaugh:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 12:28 pm 
Offline
Welterweight
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2004 10:41 pm
Posts: 325
gregnovella wrote:
The definition of a hero is a man of distinguished courage or ability, admired for his brave deeds and noble qualities...

I’m pinoy and I’m proud of it, but despite of that, I don't believe Manny Pacquiao should be considered a Filipino hero, why, because he supports the most corrupt president in our time, President Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo (PGMA), he supports a president that lies, cheats, and steals, a president who tries to change our form of government and constitution so she could stay in power beyond 2010, a president who is guilty of human rights violation, a president who pardoned Joseph Estrada (Erap), another corrupt president, because he is supporting a corrupt leader, I do not believe Manny should be considered a Filipino hero...

To those who say that politics and Manny shouldn’t mix, he mixed them, by inviting corrupt political officials, like Chavit Singson and others, into the ring with him, by joining PGMA’s party LAKAS and running for a congressional seat, and he is running again in the 2010 Philippine general election...

How can you say Manny represents the Philippines since he supports the most corrupt president in our time, PGMA? How can you call Manny a Filipino hero since he supports a corrupt leader like PGMA? Doesn't Manny see how evil PGMA is? Are we all going to turn a blind eye and say that it's okay, Manny is supporting the Philippines in boxing, so it's okay if he supports PGMA? Hell no, I don't care if Manny is a pinoy like me, it's like saying that we have to support PGMA because she represents the Philippines and is a pinoy like me... Hell no!


OK. So who should Manny support? :?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 12:31 pm 
Offline
Lightweight

Joined: Thu Mar 26, 2009 10:48 pm
Posts: 195
Bongskie wrote:
gregnovella wrote:
The definition of a hero is a man of distinguished courage or ability, admired for his brave deeds and noble qualities...

I’m pinoy and I’m proud of it, but despite of that, I don't believe Manny Pacquiao should be considered a Filipino hero, why, because he supports the most corrupt president in our time, President Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo (PGMA), he supports a president that lies, cheats, and steals, a president who tries to change our form of government and constitution so she could stay in power beyond 2010, a president who is guilty of human rights violation, a president who pardoned Joseph Estrada (Erap), another corrupt president, because he is supporting a corrupt leader, I do not believe Manny should be considered a Filipino hero...

To those who say that politics and Manny shouldn’t mix, he mixed them, by inviting corrupt political officials, like Chavit Singson and others, into the ring with him, by joining PGMA’s party LAKAS and running for a congressional seat, and he is running again in the 2010 Philippine general election...

How can you say Manny represents the Philippines since he supports the most corrupt president in our time, PGMA? How can you call Manny a Filipino hero since he supports a corrupt leader like PGMA? Doesn't Manny see how evil PGMA is? Are we all going to turn a blind eye and say that it's okay, Manny is supporting the Philippines in boxing, so it's okay if he supports PGMA? Hell no, I don't care if Manny is a pinoy like me, it's like saying that we have to support PGMA because she represents the Philippines and is a pinoy like me... Hell no!


OK. So who should Manny support? :?


The Filipino people! The people who are against corruption! He should support the people in People Power!

If Manny does that, then he is without any doubt, a Filipino hero...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 12:46 pm 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2009 9:16 pm
Posts: 5497
Location: LUZVIMINDA
another opposition die hard.who do you think are those people fighting for corruption? your grandpapa TS? 8)

_________________
" I'm gonna make him an offer he can't refuse. "


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 12:54 pm 
Offline
Welterweight
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2004 10:41 pm
Posts: 325
gregnovella wrote:
Bongskie wrote:
gregnovella wrote:
The definition of a hero is a man of distinguished courage or ability, admired for his brave deeds and noble qualities...

I’m pinoy and I’m proud of it, but despite of that, I don't believe Manny Pacquiao should be considered a Filipino hero, why, because he supports the most corrupt president in our time, President Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo (PGMA), he supports a president that lies, cheats, and steals, a president who tries to change our form of government and constitution so she could stay in power beyond 2010, a president who is guilty of human rights violation, a president who pardoned Joseph Estrada (Erap), another corrupt president, because he is supporting a corrupt leader, I do not believe Manny should be considered a Filipino hero...

To those who say that politics and Manny shouldn’t mix, he mixed them, by inviting corrupt political officials, like Chavit Singson and others, into the ring with him, by joining PGMA’s party LAKAS and running for a congressional seat, and he is running again in the 2010 Philippine general election...

How can you say Manny represents the Philippines since he supports the most corrupt president in our time, PGMA? How can you call Manny a Filipino hero since he supports a corrupt leader like PGMA? Doesn't Manny see how evil PGMA is? Are we all going to turn a blind eye and say that it's okay, Manny is supporting the Philippines in boxing, so it's okay if he supports PGMA? Hell no, I don't care if Manny is a pinoy like me, it's like saying that we have to support PGMA because she represents the Philippines and is a pinoy like me... Hell no!


OK. So who should Manny support? :?


The Filipino people! The people who are against corruption! He should support the people in People Power!

If Manny does that, then he is without any doubt, a Filipino hero...


Wrong answer! You mentioned a lot of names. Better name the persons that Manny should support!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 12:56 pm 
Offline
Lightweight

Joined: Thu Mar 26, 2009 10:48 pm
Posts: 195
villa_kentxico wrote:
another opposition die hard.who do you think are those people fighting for corruption? your grandpapa TS? 8)


i wouldn't really call myself a "opposition die hard" since there are Opposition members that I don't support, like Joseph Estrada and his supporters, I don't support Erap...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 12:57 pm 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 03, 2008 10:06 am
Posts: 26973
Location: neverland
gregnovella wrote:
The definition of a hero is a man of distinguished courage or ability, admired for his brave deeds and noble qualities...

I’m pinoy and I’m proud of it, but despite of that, I don't believe Manny Pacquiao should be considered a Filipino hero, why, because he supports the most corrupt president in our time, President Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo (PGMA), he supports a president that lies, cheats, and steals, a president who tries to change our form of government and constitution so she could stay in power beyond 2010, a president who is guilty of human rights violation, a president who pardoned Joseph Estrada (Erap), another corrupt president, because he is supporting a corrupt leader, I do not believe Manny should be considered a Filipino hero...

To those who say that politics and Manny shouldn’t mix, he mixed them, by inviting corrupt political officials, like Chavit Singson and others, into the ring with him, by joining PGMA’s party LAKAS and running for a congressional seat, and he is running again in the 2010 Philippine general election...

How can you say Manny represents the Philippines since he supports the most corrupt president in our time, PGMA? How can you call Manny a Filipino hero since he supports a corrupt leader like PGMA? Doesn't Manny see how evil PGMA is? Are we all going to turn a blind eye and say that it's okay, Manny is supporting the Philippines in boxing, so it's okay if he supports PGMA? Hell no, I don't care if Manny is a pinoy like me, it's like saying that we have to support PGMA because she represents the Philippines and is a pinoy like me... Hell no!


if your allegations are true, then why not file cases before the office of the ombudsman or join the complainants in their impeachment cases against the pre. :?

you lose logic here bro. manny supporting (corrupt) arroyo et.al would mean he is also corrupt??? ang langaw ba, kapag dumapo sa kalabaw, kalabaw na rin?

i find it fitting to share you especially this season of lent that the 12 disciples of jesus christ are mostly SINNERS. does it mean that jesus is also a sinner?

on your question whether manny should be considered a hero, i think it's a matter of personal perception. i don't think he is hero for me. my greatest heroes are my parents. :D

_________________
why suffer to buy expensive stuffs when the best things in life are done naked?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 1:00 pm 
Offline
Light Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2005 11:52 pm
Posts: 1980
Location: Andromeda Galaxy
gregnovella wrote:
The definition of a hero is a man of distinguished courage or ability, admired for his brave deeds and noble qualities...

I’m pinoy and I’m proud of it, but despite of that, I don't believe Manny Pacquiao should be considered a Filipino hero, why, because he supports the most corrupt president in our time, President Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo (PGMA), he supports a president that lies, cheats, and steals, a president who tries to change our form of government and constitution so she could stay in power beyond 2010, a president who is guilty of human rights violation, a president who pardoned Joseph Estrada (Erap), another corrupt president, because he is supporting a corrupt leader, I do not believe Manny should be considered a Filipino hero...

To those who say that politics and Manny shouldn’t mix, he mixed them, by inviting corrupt political officials, like Chavit Singson and others, into the ring with him, by joining PGMA’s party LAKAS and running for a congressional seat, and he is running again in the 2010 Philippine general election...

How can you say Manny represents the Philippines since he supports the most corrupt president in our time, PGMA? How can you call Manny a Filipino hero since he supports a corrupt leader like PGMA? Doesn't Manny see how evil PGMA is? Are we all going to turn a blind eye and say that it's okay, Manny is supporting the Philippines in boxing, so it's okay if he supports PGMA? Hell no, I don't care if Manny is a pinoy like me, it's like saying that we have to support PGMA because she represents the Philippines and is a pinoy like me... Hell no!


Most corrupt President? where did you get the facts? Have you forgotten the Marcoses? :D

_________________
LMAO, MPAO,SPAO,SIOPAO ...

CATCHY IT AINT ???

Our universe is one of the Billion universes out there.......


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 1:02 pm 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2009 9:16 pm
Posts: 5497
Location: LUZVIMINDA
gregnovella wrote:
villa_kentxico wrote:
another opposition die hard.who do you think are those people fighting for corruption? your grandpapa TS? 8)


i wouldn't really call myself a "opposition die hard" since there are Opposition members that I don't support, like Joseph Estrada and his supporters, I don't support Erap...


why wont you tell us who that opposition is that you may consider as admirable to the public? give me at least one? 8)

_________________
" I'm gonna make him an offer he can't refuse. "


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 1:07 pm 
Offline
Lightweight

Joined: Thu Mar 26, 2009 10:48 pm
Posts: 195
Bongskie wrote:
Wrong answer! You mentioned a lot of names. Better name the persons that Manny should support!


He should support Ed Panlilio, the priest-governor of Pampanga, since I'm voting for him as President...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 1:09 pm 
Offline
Heavyweight

Joined: Fri Aug 04, 2006 7:35 am
Posts: 9250
gregnovella wrote:
The definition of a hero is a man of distinguished courage or ability, admired for his brave deeds and noble qualities...

I’m pinoy and I’m proud of it, but despite of that, I don't believe Manny Pacquiao should be considered a Filipino hero, why, because he supports the most corrupt president in our time, President Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo (PGMA), he supports a president that lies, cheats, and steals, a president who tries to change our form of government and constitution so she could stay in power beyond 2010, a president who is guilty of human rights violation, a president who pardoned Joseph Estrada (Erap), another corrupt president, because he is supporting a corrupt leader, I do not believe Manny should be considered a Filipino hero...

To those who say that politics and Manny shouldn’t mix, he mixed them, by inviting corrupt political officials, like Chavit Singson and others, into the ring with him, by joining PGMA’s party LAKAS and running for a congressional seat, and he is running again in the 2010 Philippine general election...

How can you say Manny represents the Philippines since he supports the most corrupt president in our time, PGMA? How can you call Manny a Filipino hero since he supports a corrupt leader like PGMA? Doesn't Manny see how evil PGMA is? Are we all going to turn a blind eye and say that it's okay, Manny is supporting the Philippines in boxing, so it's okay if he supports PGMA? Hell no, I don't care if Manny is a pinoy like me, it's like saying that we have to support PGMA because she represents the Philippines and is a pinoy like me... Hell no!



Just because of the reasons you've pointed out, I'll consider the Pacman as a hero. :lol: :lol: :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 1:12 pm 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 11:30 am
Posts: 37794
Location: Batangas
gregnovella wrote:
The definition of a hero is a man of distinguished courage or ability, admired for his brave deeds and noble qualities...

I’m pinoy and I’m proud of it, but despite of that, I don't believe Manny Pacquiao should be considered a Filipino hero, why, because he supports the most corrupt president in our time, President Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo (PGMA), he supports a president that lies, cheats, and steals, a president who tries to change our form of government and constitution so she could stay in power beyond 2010, a president who is guilty of human rights violation, a president who pardoned Joseph Estrada (Erap), another corrupt president, because he is supporting a corrupt leader, I do not believe Manny should be considered a Filipino hero...

To those who say that politics and Manny shouldn’t mix, he mixed them, by inviting corrupt political officials, like Chavit Singson and others, into the ring with him, by joining PGMA’s party LAKAS and running for a congressional seat, and he is running again in the 2010 Philippine general election...


How can you say Manny represents the Philippines since he supports the most corrupt president in our time, PGMA? How can you call Manny a Filipino hero since he supports a corrupt leader like PGMA? Doesn't Manny see how evil PGMA is? Are we all going to turn a blind eye and say that it's okay, Manny is supporting the Philippines in boxing, so it's okay if he supports PGMA? Hell no, I don't care if Manny is a pinoy like me, it's like saying that we have to support PGMA because she represents the Philippines and is a pinoy like me... Hell no!


if for the sake of argument manny supports the opposition instead, would you change your mind and declare him a hero then?

_________________
"dencio, the chemist who once dreamed of becoming a doctor someday"


Last edited by dencioPT101 on Tue Mar 31, 2009 1:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 1:13 pm 
Offline
Lightweight

Joined: Thu Mar 26, 2009 10:48 pm
Posts: 195
villa_kentxico wrote:
why wont you tell us who that opposition is that you may consider as admirable to the public? give me at least one? 8)


Ed Panlilio, the priest-governor of Pampanga...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 1:15 pm 
Offline
Lightweight

Joined: Thu Mar 26, 2009 10:48 pm
Posts: 195
chiktoferken wrote:
Most corrupt President? where did you get the facts? Have you forgotten the Marcoses? :D


In the generation of our parents, it was the Marcos family, but in our generation, it's the Arroyo family...


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 266 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 18  Next

All times are UTC + 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 19 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

philboxing.com | pinoygreats.com
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group