Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Tue Nov 13, 2018 3:48 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 266 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 18  Next
PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 12:09 pm 
Lightweight

The definition of a hero is a man of distinguished courage or ability, admired for his brave deeds and noble qualities...

I’m pinoy and I’m proud of it, but despite of that, I don't believe Manny Pacquiao should be considered a Filipino hero, why, because he supports the most corrupt president in our time, President Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo (PGMA), he supports a president that lies, cheats, and steals, a president who tries to change our form of government and constitution so she could stay in power beyond 2010, a president who is guilty of human rights violation, a president who pardoned Joseph Estrada (Erap), another corrupt president, because he is supporting a corrupt leader, I do not believe Manny should be considered a Filipino hero...

To those who say that politics and Manny shouldn’t mix, he mixed them, by inviting corrupt political officials, like Chavit Singson and others, into the ring with him, by joining PGMA’s party LAKAS and running for a congressional seat, and he is running again in the 2010 Philippine general election...

How can you say Manny represents the Philippines since he supports the most corrupt president in our time, PGMA? How can you call Manny a Filipino hero since he supports a corrupt leader like PGMA? Doesn't Manny see how evil PGMA is? Are we all going to turn a blind eye and say that it's okay, Manny is supporting the Philippines in boxing, so it's okay if he supports PGMA? Hell no, I don't care if Manny is a pinoy like me, it's like saying that we have to support PGMA because she represents the Philippines and is a pinoy like me... Hell no!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 12:19 pm 
Heavyweight

if one criteria for a hero is dumbness, pacquiao is a big possibility for the category :biglaugh:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 12:28 pm 
Welterweight

gregnovella wrote:
The definition of a hero is a man of distinguished courage or ability, admired for his brave deeds and noble qualities...

I’m pinoy and I’m proud of it, but despite of that, I don't believe Manny Pacquiao should be considered a Filipino hero, why, because he supports the most corrupt president in our time, President Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo (PGMA), he supports a president that lies, cheats, and steals, a president who tries to change our form of government and constitution so she could stay in power beyond 2010, a president who is guilty of human rights violation, a president who pardoned Joseph Estrada (Erap), another corrupt president, because he is supporting a corrupt leader, I do not believe Manny should be considered a Filipino hero...

To those who say that politics and Manny shouldn’t mix, he mixed them, by inviting corrupt political officials, like Chavit Singson and others, into the ring with him, by joining PGMA’s party LAKAS and running for a congressional seat, and he is running again in the 2010 Philippine general election...

How can you say Manny represents the Philippines since he supports the most corrupt president in our time, PGMA? How can you call Manny a Filipino hero since he supports a corrupt leader like PGMA? Doesn't Manny see how evil PGMA is? Are we all going to turn a blind eye and say that it's okay, Manny is supporting the Philippines in boxing, so it's okay if he supports PGMA? Hell no, I don't care if Manny is a pinoy like me, it's like saying that we have to support PGMA because she represents the Philippines and is a pinoy like me... Hell no!

OK. So who should Manny support? :?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 12:31 pm 
Lightweight

Bongskie wrote:
gregnovella wrote:

The Filipino people! The people who are against corruption! He should support the people in People Power!

If Manny does that, then he is without any doubt, a Filipino hero...

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 12:46 pm 
Heavyweight

another opposition die hard.who do you think are those people fighting for corruption? your grandpapa TS? 8)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 12:54 pm 
Welterweight

gregnovella wrote:
Bongskie wrote:
gregnovella wrote:

The Filipino people! The people who are against corruption! He should support the people in People Power!

If Manny does that, then he is without any doubt, a Filipino hero...

Wrong answer! You mentioned a lot of names. Better name the persons that Manny should support!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 12:56 pm 
Lightweight

villa_kentxico wrote:
another opposition die hard.who do you think are those people fighting for corruption? your grandpapa TS? 8)

i wouldn't really call myself a "opposition die hard" since there are Opposition members that I don't support, like Joseph Estrada and his supporters, I don't support Erap...

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 12:57 pm 
Heavyweight

gregnovella wrote:

if your allegations are true, then why not file cases before the office of the ombudsman or join the complainants in their impeachment cases against the pre. :?

you lose logic here bro. manny supporting (corrupt) arroyo et.al would mean he is also corrupt??? ang langaw ba, kapag dumapo sa kalabaw, kalabaw na rin?

i find it fitting to share you especially this season of lent that the 12 disciples of jesus christ are mostly SINNERS. does it mean that jesus is also a sinner?

on your question whether manny should be considered a hero, i think it's a matter of personal perception. i don't think he is hero for me. my greatest heroes are my parents. :D

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 1:00 pm 
Light Heavyweight

gregnovella wrote:

Most corrupt President? where did you get the facts? Have you forgotten the Marcoses? :D

CATCHY IT AINT ???

Our universe is one of the Billion universes out there.......

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 1:02 pm 
Heavyweight

gregnovella wrote:
villa_kentxico wrote:

i wouldn't really call myself a "opposition die hard" since there are Opposition members that I don't support, like Joseph Estrada and his supporters, I don't support Erap...

why wont you tell us who that opposition is that you may consider as admirable to the public? give me at least one? 8)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 1:07 pm 
Lightweight

Bongskie wrote:
Wrong answer! You mentioned a lot of names. Better name the persons that Manny should support!

He should support Ed Panlilio, the priest-governor of Pampanga, since I'm voting for him as President...

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 1:09 pm 
Heavyweight

gregnovella wrote:

Just because of the reasons you've pointed out, I'll consider the Pacman as a hero. :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 1:12 pm 
Heavyweight

gregnovella wrote:

if for the sake of argument manny supports the opposition instead, would you change your mind and declare him a hero then?

Last edited by dencioPT101 on Tue Mar 31, 2009 1:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 1:13 pm 
Lightweight

villa_kentxico wrote:
why wont you tell us who that opposition is that you may consider as admirable to the public? give me at least one? 8)

Ed Panlilio, the priest-governor of Pampanga...

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 1:15 pm 
Lightweight

chiktoferken wrote:
Most corrupt President? where did you get the facts? Have you forgotten the Marcoses? :D

In the generation of our parents, it was the Marcos family, but in our generation, it's the Arroyo family...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 266 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 18  Next