Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:31 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6340 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 423  Next
PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 12:51 am 
Heavyweight

I really believe the true essence of bible teaching is to have a basic foundation of our values but we have to grow away from it to become a better individual and for the long term survival of mankind. Just like an infant who was survived with milk and the infant can't be an infant forever and can't live with milk alone forever as well.

Time will come that the bible will become totally obsolete and will be remembered only as part of humankind development history. The kind of God we were made to believe probably will be relegated to the fairytale bookshelf. Perhaps we will be moving closer to the real God...and it may not be the kind of God like the God we created with our imagination. Who knows, but I'll keep an open mind. :D

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 12:58 am 
Heavyweight

Location: family vacation sa jan balik sa BANANA REPUBLIC of the PHILIPPINES
jasperjack1968 wrote:
I really believe the true essence of bible teaching is to have a basic foundation of our values but we have to grow away from it to become a better individual and for the long term survival of mankind. Just like an infant who was survived with milk and the infant can't be an infant forever and can't live with milk alone forever as well.

Time will come that the bible will become totally obsolete and will be remembered only as part of humankind development history. The kind of God we were made to believe probably will be relegated to the fairytale bookshelf. Perhaps we will be moving closer to the real God...and it may not be the kind of God like the God we created with our imagination. Who knows, but I'll keep an open mind. :D

I TOTALLY AGREE!!!

Mason Verger found Jesus while reading the bible at the same time raping kids. KING LANDO NA TAGA CAVITE found NATIONALISM while kissing the A$$$$$$ of ate Glue sabay wagay-way ng bandila… BWAHAHAHAHAH...Apr 24, 2009

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 1:26 am 
Heavyweight

gorio20/20 wrote:
jasperjack1968 wrote:

I TOTALLY AGREE!!!

thanks bro. pero sa ibang mga religious dito, my statement might be offensive to them. many find solace in keeping a tight grip of loyalty to their bible. Let's be real, religious books are written by men. Those writers have way more wisdom and knowledge to most people in it's time. And it's good for mankind for someone above the average will take the lead. But their above average back then is not even close to average of the people today. We are the people who lives today. Who would have known better how to live our lives today than ourselves. It's silly to seek reference on a thousand year old book on how to live our lives better today. It just doesn't make sense . The motion of progress is moving forward, not backwards. :D

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 6:41 am 
Welterweight

jasperjack1968 wrote:
gorio20/20 wrote:
jasperjack1968 wrote:

I TOTALLY AGREE!!!

thanks bro. pero sa ibang mga religious dito, my statement might be offensive to them. many find solace in keeping a tight grip of loyalty to their bible. Let's be real, religious books are written by men. Those writers have way more wisdom and knowledge to most people in it's time. And it's good for mankind for someone above the average will take the lead. But their above average back then is not even close to average of the people today. We are the people who lives today. Who would have known better how to live our lives today than ourselves. It's silly to seek reference on a thousand year old book on how to live our lives better today. It just doesn't make sense . The motion of progress is moving forward, not backwards. :D

The Word of God will remain until the time of the end...how would it be obsolete?...when prophisy happen ryt in our very eyes...it was written for thousands of years and the teachings are still applicable as of today...

sample nga...

Daniel 12:4
But you, Daniel, roll up and seal the words of the scroll until the time of the end. Many will go here and there to increase knowledge.”

Di ba information age na ngayon?...many shall run to and fro...and knowledge shall be INCREASED...it was written thousands of years ago...and it is happening today...how wud say that it is written by humans?...

Ok granting that it is obsolete...can you revise it?...even a very little portion and let's talk about whether what you said anybody would believe...ok try now to be a bible writer...pretend to be intelligent...act like god that gives command...ok we'll wait for you to come up with your first verse...just like what myth busters do...let's go now to your science laboratory and make some experiment...common show us what you got...we'll be waiting...

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 6:53 am 
Cruiserweight

jasperjack1968 wrote:

religion/bible maybe but GOD the CREATOR cannot be obsolete
things evolved as well as our beliefs,marahil marami tayong
dyos pero iisa lang ang gumagawa sa kanila...

Last edited by hayden_agenda on Thu Sept. 10, 2009 9:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 7:11 am 
Heavyweight

dudong wrote:

The Word of God will remain until the time of the end...how would it be obsolete?...when prophisy happen ryt in our very eyes...it was written for thousands of years and the teachings are still applicable as of today...

sample nga...

But you, Daniel, roll up and seal the words of the scroll until the time of the end. Many will go here and there to increase knowledge.”

Di ba information age na ngayon?...many shall run to and fro...and knowledge shall be INCREASED...it was written thousands of years ago...and it is happening today...how wud say that it is written by humans?...

Ok granting that it is obsolete...can you revise it?...even a very little portion and let's talk about whether what you said anybody would believe...ok try now to be a bible writer...pretend to be intelligent...act like god that gives command...ok we'll wait for you to come up with your first verse...just like what myth busters do...let's go now to your science laboratory and make some experiment...common show us what you got...we'll be waiting...

this is good news for me...

my source of JOY will never run out....

:bounce1: + :bounce1: - :bounce1: = :bounce1:

definitely good news...

Mason Verger found Jesus while reading the bible at the same time raping kids. KING LANDO NA TAGA CAVITE found NATIONALISM while kissing the A$$$$$$ of ate Glue sabay wagay-way ng bandila… BWAHAHAHAHAH...Apr 24, 2009

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 7:28 am 
Heavyweight

hayden_agenda wrote:
jasperjack1968 wrote:

i agree w/ you bro... :D

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 7:37 am 
Heavyweight

humanity will be obsolete but not the Bible.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 9:40 am 
Heavyweight

Admerald wrote:

eh paano ya^AN mang adme, meron nang nadiscover na earth like planet di lang isa...marami pa... and chances are may living things doon...

at kung hindi ako nagkakamali.. may nasabi ka dati na kapag may nakitang alien.. you will abandon your christian belief (something like that)..... mali na naman ang nasusulat sa "HOLY baybol" mo...

paano ngayon ya^AN....

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 9:51 am 
Light Heavyweight

jasperjack1968 wrote:

Ii think the bible in the future would be a literary classic like Iliad and Oddysey and Jesus Christ lines up with Thor, Zeus, Odin etc.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:13 am 
Heavyweight

gorio20/20 wrote:
Admerald wrote:

eh paano ya^AN mang adme, meron nang nadiscover na earth like planet di lang isa...marami pa... and chances are may living things doon...

at kung hindi ako nagkakamali.. may nasabi ka dati na kapag may nakitang alien.. you will abandon your christian belief (something like that)..... mali na naman ang nasusulat sa "HOLY baybol" mo...

paano ngayon ya^AN....

flattered naman ako Gorio. nalala mo yong sinabi ko.

80s pa Gorio sinasabi na nila yan. Nothing new here.

I am sure as the sun will rise tomorrow, they will never see intelligent life outside of this planet.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:21 am 
Heavyweight

Admerald wrote:
gorio20/20 wrote:
Admerald wrote:

paano ngayon ya^AN....

flattered naman ako Gorio. nalala mo yong sinabi ko.

80s pa Gorio sinasabi na nila yan. Nothing new here.

I am sure as the sun will rise tomorrow, they will never see intelligent life outside of this planet.

so, so far you confirm na may ganyan ka ngang sinabi?

good for me, matalas pa ang memory ko...bwahahahaha

and I think this would be different... the earth-like planet now is sooooo real.... and there are lots of them...

Paano ngayon ya^AN mang adme? paano ang "HOLY baybol" mo... malaki ang sablay nyan...

perfect ang temperature mang adme at kung baga sa sitwasyon ay itoy ma-masa-masa....

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 1:35 pm 
Heavyweight

dudong wrote:
jasperjack1968 wrote:
gorio20/20 wrote:

I TOTALLY AGREE!!!

sample nga...

you need to unshackle yourself from the restraints of fanaticism before you can accept the fact that the bible was made up and written by humans like you and me.
The story doesn't make sense that God was able to tell a few people what to write in the bible but God can't even come to Earth not even once to clarify the confusions that divided the people to multiple religions.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 1:40 pm 
Heavyweight

Admerald wrote:

fanaticism has no future because their are stuck in time.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 1:52 pm 
Heavyweight

hayden_agenda wrote:
jasperjack1968 wrote:

The kind of God we were made to believe probably will be relegated to the fairytale bookshelf. Perhaps we will be moving closer to the real God...and it may not be the kind of God like the God we created with our imagination. Who knows, but I'll keep an open mind.-the kind of God we are made to believe is a jealous, vengeful,egoistic,self centered, a God that needed to rest on the 7th day after creating the world, the God who is the creator of the world but needs a son to save the world. and worse needs to borrow someone else's wife to carry and deliver his son and even made the husband pose to act like it was his son...it's quite obvious the story is so human.
I'm sorry bro, my standard of God is way higher than that. :D

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6340 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 423  Next