Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Thu Nov 22, 2018 4:34 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 453 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 31  Next
PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 10:43 am 
Heavyweight

What is a Conspiracy Theory ?

Full Definition of conspiracy theory (http://www.merriam-webster.com):
a theory that explains an event or set of circumstances as the result of a secret plot by usually powerful conspirators

-why is/are there many conspiracy theories in every system - politics, govts, religion, science, business/economics, etc., ?
-what are its purpose, objectives, benefits, or its ultimate agenda ?
-who or what type of people or group are associated with it ?
-why do they cultivate, spread the truth or lies ?

Secrecy, being an instrument of conspiracy, ought never to be the system of a regular government. - Jeremy Bentham

There exists a secret society with branches throughout the world, and its plot is to spread the rumour that a universal plot exists. - Umberto Eco on Conspiracy, Foucault’s Pendulum.

The shelves of many evangelicals are full of books that point out the flaws in evolution, discuss it only as a theory,
and almost imply that there's a conspiracy here to avoid the fact that evolution is actually flawed. All of those books,
unfortunately, are based upon conclusions that no reasonable biologist would now accept. - Francis Collins

`I would like to explore the intricate and twisted world of CT's - real, imagined and/or invented and requests others
to share their own views, opinions and perceptions for an informative discussion.

:)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 11:21 am 

Magandang Abril mang Zorro :D

let me try to answer this 4 questions Bai

-why is/are there many conspiracy theories in every system - politics, govts, religion, science, business/economics, etc., ?
-what are its purpose, objectives, benefits, or its ultimate agenda ?
-who or what type of people or group are associated with it ?
-why do they cultivate, spread the truth or lies ?

First we can consider 'conspiracy theory' as a label. and its been bastardized, if a regular Juan or a regular Joe reads 'Conspiracy theory' their brain automaically releases a chemical called 'itsnottruepamin' :D meaning its automatically not true. Most conspiracy theory are HOaxes and its by design. now on to the questions.

1. There are many writers who engaged in this because its pretty fvkin obvious. its hard of course to compile videos upon videos of world leaders commiting blunders afer blunder in their speeches. and some managed to do it. kindly explore youtube i am sure there are many gems there. but majority of these writers ( conspiracy ) are just paid to do it, to spread disinformation. of course for the trillionaires and their empire.

2. To protect the interest of their employers. most of them at least. the rest are legit.

3. From all types. but the more famous comes from Politics

4. The lies probably more than 60% in my estimate is for disinformation of course.

CONSPIRACY THEORIST in itself a BIG Ally of the ruling class.

"When a table is normalized, the non-key columns depend on the key, the whole key, and nothing but the key." - a DBA

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 11:34 am 
Heavyweight

` same to you mod, Thanks for your input.

If seeking the truth, one is tag a CT nut, I think its not a bad case.

I would like to see others' perception on it.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 4:37 pm 
Heavyweight

The 'mainstream' US media that controls what to or not to present to the world.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 5:08 pm 
Heavyweight

The Gulf of Tongkin incident, MK Ultra, Operation Norwoods, The Manhattan Project and many others were once conspiracy theories. Guess what? They all turn out to be true, straight from the horses' mouths and backed up by government declassified files.

Do not be surprised if in the near future they would admit to the 9/11 bombings as well.

It takes forever to know everything.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 5:11 pm 

zorro05 wrote:

ayaaaaan....

Thanks for that post :D

"When a table is normalized, the non-key columns depend on the key, the whole key, and nothing but the key." - a DBA

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 5:26 pm 
Heavyweight

`your right Db.

about ten years ago, i read a 'report' about a cabal of orthodox jewish business group
that 'might' have something to do wd the 9/11 bombing. i thought then it was a hoax.

i now think otherwise.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 5:28 pm 

doubleblade29 wrote:
The Gulf of Tongkin incident, MK Ultra, Operation Norwoods, The Manhattan Project and many others were once conspiracy theories. Guess what? They all turn out to be true, straight from the horses' mouths and backed up by government declassified files.

Do not be surprised if in the near future they would admit to the 9/11 bombings as well.

eto pa pala. Thanks for that post. :D

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 5:29 pm 

zorro05 wrote:
`your right Db.

about ten years ago, i read a 'report' about a cabal of orthodox jewish business group
that 'might' have something to do wd the 9/11 bombing. i thought then it was a hoax.

i now think otherwise.

cge pa Mang Zorro, dig deep dig deep :D

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 8:27 pm 
Heavyweight

zorro05 wrote:

a theory that explains an event or set of circumstances as the result of a secret plot by usually powerful conspirators

-why is/are there many conspiracy theories in every system - politics, govts, religion, science, business/economics, etc., ? vested interest
-what are its purpose, objectives, benefits, or its ultimate agenda ? manipulate the majority into believing something false thus hiding the truth, various agenda mainly to gain advantage or retain it
-who or what type of people or group are associated with it ? rich & powerful people
-why do they cultivate, spread the truth or lies ? to meet their own agenda & to protect their interest

Secrecy, being an instrument of conspiracy, ought never to be the system of a regular government. - Jeremy Bentham

There exists a secret society with branches throughout the world, and its plot is to spread the rumour that a universal plot exists. - Umberto Eco on Conspiracy, Foucault’s Pendulum.

The shelves of many evangelicals are full of books that point out the flaws in evolution, discuss it only as a theory,
and almost imply that there's a conspiracy here to avoid the fact that evolution is actually flawed. All of those books,
unfortunately, are based upon conclusions that no reasonable biologist would now accept. - Francis Collins

`I would like to explore the intricate and twisted world of CT's - real, imagined and/or invented and requests others
to share their own views, opinions and perceptions for an informative discussion.

my gut feeling only these are CT:

1969 moon landing
9/11 attack
spread of deadly virus & some vaccine

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 1:22 am 
Light Heavyweight

miron_lang wrote:
zorro05 wrote:
`your right Db.

i now think otherwise.

13 years ago, a Qatari General told me that Israel was the architect of 9/11.
Anyway, na-entertain ako sa isang palabas sa youtube... "JFK to 9/11". It was 3 hours long pero mukhang may basehan ang gumawa ng documentary. :D

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 10:07 am 
Heavyweight

MEG wrote:
zorro05 wrote:

-why is/are there many conspiracy theories in every system - politics, govts, religion, science, business/economics, etc., ? vested interest
-what are its purpose, objectives, benefits, or its ultimate agenda ? manipulate the majority into believing something false thus hiding the truth, various agenda mainly to gain advantage or retain it
-who or what type of people or group are associated with it ? rich & powerful people
-why do they cultivate, spread the truth or lies ? to meet their own agenda & to protect their interest

my gut feeling only these are CT:

1969 moon landing
9/11 attack
spread of deadly virus & some vaccine

`Thanks meg for the input.

Skepticism and being cynical in some events in our world is not really a bad thing, right meg ?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 10:14 am 
Heavyweight

El Pintor wrote:
miron_lang wrote:
zorro05 wrote:
`your right Db.

i now think otherwise.

13 years ago, a Qatari General told me that Israel was the architect of 9/11.
Anyway, na-entertain ako sa isang palabas sa youtube... "JFK to 9/11". It was 3 hours long pero mukhang may basehan ang gumawa ng documentary. :D

Thanks bai.

merong conference ang mga scientist in canada about a year or two sa yt din, presenting their
new found 'theories' and evidence presented points to something sinister.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 1:24 pm 
Heavyweight

zorro05 wrote:
`Thanks meg for the input.

Skepticism and being cynical in some events in our world is not really a bad thing, right meg ?

I share your sentiments Zorro

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 7:51 pm 
Heavyweight

zorro05 wrote:

Hindi ba natural progression yan. Nagkaroon ng consolidation. Kapag inacquire ng isang kumpanya ang isa pa mas nagiging competitive ito so yung competition wala ring choice kundi magacquire din ng sariling acquisition to remain competitive. :D

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 453 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 31  Next