Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:03 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 534 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 36  Next
PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 1:12 pm 

As suggested by Tony, newbies can now browse this thread instead of asking the veterans/regulars here about their beliefs etc...

Correspondingly, may I request everybody to post in this thread your stand with regards to religion, life, and anything that you might want people to know.

Cheers! :toast:

Last edited by Reylan on Sat Jan 20, 2007 3:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 2:58 pm 
Welterweight

Good thread, Reylan.

Catholic E.T. here, one of many the last century.

I believe in respect. I don't believe in not respecting other people's belief system. Come to think of it, nobody really knows anything, including many other alien races.

No one is inferior to the next guy and superior to the other.

Universal peace is the key. Empathy should be encouraged.

========================================
LOOK INTO MY EYES

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 3:37 pm 
Heavyweight

I have faith in the message of the Quran. God alone without footnotes, priests, imams, pastors or any other religious clergy. Absolute monotheism. I don't like to be associated with sunni or shia muslims. The bible is full of contradictions.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 3:45 pm 
Cruiserweight

Im an atheist. I believe that God, Santa Clause and Mickey Mouse have something in common, they are all fictional.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 8:38 pm 
Heavyweight

i am a bible believing Christian. i believe the infallible words of the scriptures as a LOVE LETTER to mankind from GOD for "...teaching, rebuking, correcting, and training for righteousness, so that the man of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work."

i believe in Jesus - the LAMB of God who takes away the sins of the world, who have loved me with "an everlasting LOVE". He is the "WAY, TRUTH & THE LIFE" the mediator between man and God. Lastly, He is a TRUE God - the alpha and omega, the first and the last.

cheers! :)

:-)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 1:25 am 
Cruiserweight

I am a humanist. I believe that life is a scarce commodity so we should take good care of it. Reason is the only thing that will guide us through the tough times.

Religions offer a way out of this desolation, although it is based on a hope that is FALSE. I say if false hopes get you through tough times without endangering yourself, then GO FOR IT!

I try not to meddle with one's personal belief but sometimes some people need to be put in their place..I know I can be shrewd sometimes. We will only live once, so thats it..we cannot live this life the second time, it is short so we cannot waste our life on DUMB ideas!! lol.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 10:35 am 
Light Heavyweight

I LOVE JESUS.....

EVEN SO, COME QUICKLY, LORD JESUS

Rev 22:20 He which testifieth these things saith, Surely I come quickly. Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 12:49 pm 
Lightweight

I am a Catholic and I am a sinner but I reach out for Jesus to help me change and make me a better person and forgive me from my sins . I believe that there is God who watches us and helps us in every trials in our life....

Here's one of my favorite song. A very inspiring song.. You can watch it if you want to.....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lcNZcCP17mc

Good day..... :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 2:15 pm 
Cruiserweight

I.....

am confused...I'm at a stage where I question the things that were thought to me as a child growing up. Some make sense, but some don't. I wanna believe and have faith, but it could just end up as wasted time. Time is quick, time should not be wasted.

Oh it's so soooft.

Ahh! Your p*ssy hates me...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 3:22 pm 
Lightweight

Christian - specifically Born Again. Others may call themselves christian, whether their catholics, evangelicals, Jehovah's Witness, etc. It's fine with me. It's not for me to judge whether you/me are real christians. God will judge us based on our faith in Him.

I'm here to learn and i hope to learn alot from everyone here.

God bless you all.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 6:47 pm 
Welterweight

tinortang_talong wrote:
Christian - specifically Born Again. Others may call themselves christian, whether their catholics, evangelicals, Jehovah's Witness, etc. It's fine with me. It's not for me to judge whether you/me are real christians. God will judge us based on our faith in Him.

God bless you all.

Hi, Talong!

You may want to visit this thread: http://forum.philboxing.com/viewtopic.php?t=61276.

This is not to be negative on you being Born-Again. I just thought your post was a curious one in line with the link I've provided.

Welcome to PRMO!

===============================
LOOK INTO MY EYES

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 6:57 pm 
Lightweight

Pukol Kamao wrote:
tinortang_talong wrote:

God bless you all.

Hi, Talong!

You may want to visit this thread: http://forum.philboxing.com/viewtopic.php?t=61276.

This is not to be negative on you being Born-Again. I just thought your post was a curious one in line with the link I've provided.

Welcome to PRMO!

===============================
LOOK INTO MY EYES

Thanks PK... i've already commented on that. again, i'm sorry if some "born again" have made "catholics" feel bad about the name "christian". I guess not all "born again" are aware that being a christian is not about joining the "born again" group, and vise versa.

Christianity is about Jesus Christ. If you believe in him, follow him, have faith in him, then you are a christian regardless of your group affiliation.

Peace man!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 8:54 am 
Heavyweight

I am a Roman Catholic. I believe that Jesus alone is my savior. I believe in what the Holy Bible says. And I believe that we are all brothers and sisters in God.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 1:08 pm 
Cruiserweight

I am a bible believing Christian and the big J is my personal Lord and Saviour! sinabi na lahat ni Ka Boxingfan529... :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 3:26 pm 
Heavyweight

I have no religion.

I believe that if there is a God, he would be so great, he would not need an identity. Because he would know that his identity would only be a cause of dispute among people.

He would be so great, he would never demand to be praised or be worshipped. Demand of praise and worship is a sign of insecurity and self-love. Being supreme should not leave any room for insecurity and self-love.

He is for the welfare of his creation. Therefore, man loving all other men unconditionally would be his greatest wish. His source of happiness. His happiness would not stem from offerings, from prayers, from praises. He would not need to have his ego fed. A god with an ego bigger than his heart is a useless god.

His love would be unconditional.

God could be a HE, a SHE, or an IT. I don't care. What I know is that there is a person/thing/concept that would always be higher than us. And that I will have to respect.

I abhor exclusivist religions. Why? Dahil ang Diyos ay hindi madamot.

- stephen jay gould

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 534 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 36  Next