Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:25 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 10:38 am 
Heavyweight

I cant beleive that Randy is included in the latest WBC lightweight ratings, he is even ahead of Juan Diaz in the rating. I think its about time for him to rumble with them. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Lightweight (135)

CHAMPION: Manny Pacquiao, Philippines. 1, Edwin Valero, Venezuela, 2, Antonio Pitalua, Colombia. 3, Anthony Peterson. 4, David Diaz. 5, Antonio Demarco, Mexico. 6, Randy Suico, Philippines. 7, Juan Diaz. 8, Julio Cesar Diaz. 9, Yuri Romanov, Belarus. 10, Miguel Angel Huerta, Mexico.

http://www.iht.com/articles/ap/2008/11/ ... atings.php

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 10:44 am 
Heavyweight

its ok because he fought at lightweight already, what bothers me is
edwin valero. he is behind manny without single fight at LW. whats the basis? carry over from Junior LW to LW?

its about time the WBC publish their guidelines on ranking who's who para magkaalaman na :machinegun:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 10:52 am 
Heavyweight

It only shows how the the WBC has degenerated throughout the past years! The people behind it has become more and more incompetent in managing such organization! :( :( See how corruption can change an organization, a system, a people!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 10:59 am 
Middleweight

pilyo2bay wrote:
I cant beleive that Randy is included in the latest WBC lightweight ratings, he is even ahead of Juan Diaz in the rating. I think its about time for him to rumble with them. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Lightweight (135)

CHAMPION: Manny Pacquiao, Philippines. 1, Edwin Valero, Venezuela, 2, Antonio Pitalua, Colombia. 3, Anthony Peterson. 4, David Diaz. 5, Antonio Demarco, Mexico. 6, Randy Suico, Philippines. 7, Juan Diaz. 8, Julio Cesar Diaz. 9, Yuri Romanov, Belarus. 10, Miguel Angel Huerta, Mexico.

OUST WBC :gun2: :machinegun: :gun:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 11:00 am 
Heavyweight

namme wrote:
It only shows how the the WBC has degenerated throughout the past years! The people behind it has become more and more incompetent in managing such organization! :( :( See how corruption can change an organization, a system, a people!

You are right it confuses me too, It is more confusing because as far as i know Valero was the former champion in WBA superfeather therefore his rating in lightweight should be in WBA and not in the WBC. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 11:01 am 
Heavyweight

pilyo2bay wrote:

Lightweight (135)

WTF how the hell did valero become the # 1 contender when he hasnt even fought at lightweight? :shock:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 11:03 am 
Middleweight

pilyo2bay wrote:

Lightweight (135)

Good for him

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 11:10 am 
Heavyweight

lbcya99 wrote:
pilyo2bay wrote:

Lightweight (135)

WTF how the hell did valero become the # 1 contender when he hasnt even fought at lightweight? :shock:

Yeap! I even heard before when Pacquiao beat David Diaz and became the lightweight champion, Arum mentioned that Pacquiao will defend his crown against Sotto if his fight with ODLH will not push thru. Isn't it also a confusing? how come Sotto will become a contender to Manny's belt during that time? and now it turns out that Sotto is not in the top 10 rating in WBC Lightweight. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 11:16 am 
Heavyweight

WBC is really unreliable boxing body.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 11:25 am 
Cruiserweight

Juan Diaz was the former WBA Lightweight champion so the sanction fees are
going to WBA and not WBC thus JDiaz is being ranked lower by WBC.
Randy Suico was fighting for WBC titles by paying sanction fees.
The former WBC lightweight champion was David Diaz and Manny grabbed the WBC
title from him.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 11:46 am 
Heavyweight

EYB wrote:
WBC is really unreliable boxing body.

Thats why MAB preferred to be a Peoples champion rather than to become a WBC champ before. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 11:49 am 
Lightweight

Suico is a BUM... :lol: