Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Thu Nov 15, 2018 11:55 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 11:46 am 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 09, 2008 10:46 am
Posts: 11459
Location: KSA
After watching the fight of Rafael Concepcion and Jorge Arce, I think AJ Banal can beat Arce. His defeat to Concepcion should not be the basis of judgement that he cannot beat Arce. Banal can hit Arce a volume of hard punches more than Concepcion did to Arce. The weakness of Arce is the opponent who can box very well thats why Arce lost to Mijares. AJ Banal can punch hard compared to Mijares. If only given a chance to fight Arce, Banal needs only to improve his stamina. 8) 8) 8) 8)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 11:54 am 
Offline
Cruiserweight
User avatar

Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2007 1:04 pm
Posts: 3206
Location: Hostile Territory
Arce is having problem with boxers that can box and lost by UD while
AJ is being exposed by a nasty body puncher and lost by KO

AJ is a good boxer while Arce is a good body puncher. Lets get it on and see what will happen.

BTW bro bakit nakay rndy suico thread ito?

Trans: wrong board :D hehe

_________________
"KNOCK ME OUT AND YOU WIN" - Manny Pacquiao


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 12:00 pm 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 09, 2008 10:46 am
Posts: 11459
Location: KSA
kiddynamitekwiki wrote:
Arce is having problem with boxers that can box and lost by UD while
AJ is being exposed by a nasty body puncher and lost by KO

AJ is a good boxer while Arce is a good body puncher. Lets get it on and see what will happen.

BTW bro bakit nakay rndy suico thread ito?

Trans: wrong board :D hehe


Oo nga, nag post kasi ako kanina then nag new topic not knowing that the board is belong to Suico di mali din pala yong isang thread knina, Anyway they're both Cebuano's. :lol: :lol: :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 12:27 pm 
Offline
Cruiserweight
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 31, 2008 6:33 pm
Posts: 2034
Location: Somewhere down the road
No way. Arce is too "gulang" for Banal.

_________________
"If you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you will be successful." - Eric Thomas


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 12:30 pm 
Offline
Cruiserweight
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2007 8:44 pm
Posts: 2162
Location: Quezon City
AJ will quit in the later rounds due to lack of Potassium!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 12:33 pm 
Offline
Middleweight

Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 6:33 am
Posts: 787
if aj runs the otomi mountains in mexico, maybe he has a chance against arce. but if he doesn't, he'll be gassed and knocked out in 8.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 12:52 pm 
Offline
Welterweight
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 1:37 pm
Posts: 355
Maybe Banal can beat Arce but in the future, let him mature more and improve his skills, stamina, defense, etc. further particularly now that ALA wants him to train with Freddie Roach. He needs to fully recover from his lost with Rafael Concepcion, and actually is on his way back with his recent win. Hopes he improve further ... and not to be bashed again by training hard, maturity, winning in top level fights & exceeding expectations. 8)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 1:12 pm 
Offline
Lightweight

Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2008 8:06 am
Posts: 172
pilyo2bay wrote:
After watching the fight of Rafael Concepcion and Jorge Arce, I think AJ Banal can beat Arce. His defeat to Concepcion should not be the basis of judgement that he cannot beat Arce. Banal can hit Arce a volume of hard punches more than Concepcion did to Arce. The weakness of Arce is the opponent who can box very well thats why Arce lost to Mijares. AJ Banal can punch hard compared to Mijares. If only given a chance to fight Arce, Banal needs only to improve his stamina. 8) 8) 8) 8)


Right now, mukhang ndi pa ready for the bigtime.... As shown on his loss to Concepcion. Needs alot of improvement pa. More experience, better training.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 1:27 pm 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 09, 2008 10:46 am
Posts: 11459
Location: KSA
IRON FIST wrote:
Maybe Banal can beat Arce but in the future, let him mature more and improve his skills, stamina, defense, etc. further particularly now that ALA wants him to train with Freddie Roach. He needs to fully recover from his lost with Rafael Concepcion, and actually is on his way back with his recent win. Hopes he improve further ... and not to be bashed again by training hard, maturity, winning in top level fights & exceeding expectations. 8)


Right, his stamina beat him during his fight with Concepcion, Banal needs to have a stamina like Juanito Rubillar, rubillar fought Arce twice but because he's luck of offense he lost twice by decision. Arce merely escaped a majority victory over a patsy Thai boxer named Devid Lookmahanak considering that the fight was held in Mexico. Thai boxer Lookmahanak was the same boxer who lost to a filipino fighter Richard Olisa by TKO in a 2nd round. :) :) :)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 1:27 pm 
Offline
Welterweight
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 31, 2007 11:38 pm
Posts: 420
Pac_fan101 wrote:
pilyo2bay wrote:
After watching the fight of Rafael Concepcion and Jorge Arce, I think AJ Banal can beat Arce. His defeat to Concepcion should not be the basis of judgement that he cannot beat Arce. Banal can hit Arce a volume of hard punches more than Concepcion did to Arce. The weakness of Arce is the opponent who can box very well thats why Arce lost to Mijares. AJ Banal can punch hard compared to Mijares. If only given a chance to fight Arce, Banal needs only to improve his stamina. 8) 8) 8) 8)


Right now, mukhang ndi pa ready for the bigtime.... As shown on his loss to Concepcion. Needs alot of improvement pa. More experience, better training.


He is a quitter.
Kahit ano pang ensayo gagawin nyan, Once a quitter always a quitter.

I can compare Banal to a nigger na rooster.
Hwag lang masugatan, siguradong bugbog sarado ang kalaban.
Pero kapag nasaktan, ayun... natutulog na lang sa kakainda ng sakit ng katawan.
Ayaw ng tumayo at lumaban.

Trans: Banal is a kind of a Balulang rooster.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 1:34 pm 
Offline
Featherweight

Joined: Wed Feb 20, 2008 11:12 am
Posts: 89
Location: davao
boxer_d_politiko wrote:
Pac_fan101 wrote:
pilyo2bay wrote:
After watching the fight of Rafael Concepcion and Jorge Arce, I think AJ Banal can beat Arce. His defeat to Concepcion should not be the basis of judgement that he cannot beat Arce. Banal can hit Arce a volume of hard punches more than Concepcion did to Arce. The weakness of Arce is the opponent who can box very well thats why Arce lost to Mijares. AJ Banal can punch hard compared to Mijares. If only given a chance to fight Arce, Banal needs only to improve his stamina. 8) 8) 8) 8)


Right now, mukhang ndi pa ready for the bigtime.... As shown on his loss to Concepcion. Needs alot of improvement pa. More experience, better training.


He is a quitter.
Kahit ano pang ensayo gagawin nyan, Once a quitter always a quitter.

I can compare Banal to a nigger na rooster.
Hwag lang masugatan, siguradong bugbog sarado ang kalaban.
Pero kapag nasaktan, ayun... natutulog na lang sa kakainda ng sakit ng katawan.
Ayaw ng tumayo at lumaban.

Trans: Banal is a kind of a Balulang rooster.
pareha nmu, balulang sad. :D

trans. you're both balulang.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 1:54 pm 
Offline
Light Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 01, 2008 10:44 am
Posts: 1378
another possible ko for arce


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 2:59 pm 
Offline
Featherweight

Joined: Fri Dec 12, 2008 2:48 pm
Posts: 95
Location: Ringside
If Edito Villamor and the other handlers of AJ can promise not to overtrain and wear him out before fight day, prepare him well, improve his stamina, get a good cutman and make sound decisions during the course of the bout, AJ will do fine against Arce.

I couldn't see anyone else but them to blame for AJ's last defeat.

_________________
I can accept failure but I can't accept not trying. - Michael Jordan


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 3:07 pm 
Offline
Lightweight
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 18, 2007 3:18 pm
Posts: 159
Location: Maria Sharapova's bed
ALA Boys will not be hunting for Titles this year.. AJ should take one fight at a time, not to overlook future fights..
Bigay muna natin kay Donaire si Arce - Let Donaire fight Arce first..


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 3:27 pm 
Offline
Light Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2008 2:51 pm
Posts: 1552
atemo wrote:
AJ will quit in the later rounds due to lack of Potassium!

Eat lots of patatas then :D

_________________
http://speedtest.net/result/1390527856.png


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC + 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

philboxing.com | pinoygreats.com
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group