Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Fri Nov 16, 2018 6:12 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 68 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Randy Suico loses again!
PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 11:41 am 
Offline
Welterweight
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 29, 2005 3:43 pm
Posts: 346
29
Mar
2009 Nagashima wins OPBF belt!

By Joe Koizumi

33-year-old Japanese southpaw veteran Kengo Nagashima (36-3-2, 17 KOs), 135, acquired the vacant OPBF lightweight belt as he outclassed and outpunched WBC#14 hard-hitting Filipino ex-champ Randy Suico (28-5, 24 KOs), 134.5, to win a unanimous decision (118-110 twice and 115-113) over twelve fast rounds on Sunday afternoon in Tokyo, Japan. The belt had been renounced by Japanese national champ Ichitaro Ishii after dethroning Suico by an upset but well-received split decision last December. Nagashima, ex-OPBF 130-pound champ, utilized his speed and southpaw stance to frustrate the onrushing but monotonous Filipino, steadily piling up points. Suico, in round eleven, almost stunned Nagashima with a flurry of punches, but Nagashima desperately grabbed him to avert his follow-up and fought back hard in the remainder of the round. It was Nagashima’s fine victory with his finesse and fitness. The loser Suico, 29, said, “This is not an excuse, but I had a weight problem, so I’ll move up to the 140-pound class to keep fighting.” Promoter: 18 Koga Promotions.


Link : http://www.fightnews.com/?p=7673


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 11:50 am 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 09, 2004 1:58 pm
Posts: 4591
Location: PACLAND city
sorry randy hindi ka pa sikat, laos ka na....i still remember the beatdown you got from juan diaz.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 11:55 am 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 09, 2008 10:46 am
Posts: 11459
Location: KSA
jho_77 wrote:
29
Mar
2009 Nagashima wins OPBF belt!

By Joe Koizumi

33-year-old Japanese southpaw veteran Kengo Nagashima (36-3-2, 17 KOs), 135, acquired the vacant OPBF lightweight belt as he outclassed and outpunched WBC#14 hard-hitting Filipino ex-champ Randy Suico (28-5, 24 KOs), 134.5, to win a unanimous decision (118-110 twice and 115-113) over twelve fast rounds on Sunday afternoon in Tokyo, Japan. The belt had been renounced by Japanese national champ Ichitaro Ishii after dethroning Suico by an upset but well-received split decision last December. Nagashima, ex-OPBF 130-pound champ, utilized his speed and southpaw stance to frustrate the onrushing but monotonous Filipino, steadily piling up points. Suico, in round eleven, almost stunned Nagashima with a flurry of punches, but Nagashima desperately grabbed him to avert his follow-up and fought back hard in the remainder of the round. It was Nagashima’s fine victory with his finesse and fitness. The loser Suico, 29, said, “This is not an excuse, but I had a weight problem, so I’ll move up to the 140-pound class to keep fighting.” Promoter: 18 Koga Promotions.


Link : http://www.fightnews.com/?p=7673


I think that maybe it for Randy, he's not aiming for something but just contented to have a fight.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 12:06 pm 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 28, 2005 4:46 pm
Posts: 13717
Location: acapulco
he is not expected to win so this kind of news is not all shocking :biglaugh:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 12:27 pm 
Offline
Middleweight
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2005 12:40 am
Posts: 719
Randy Suico - Japan, Japan, Japan.

So sick of it.

_________________
"They say I can't lose, I say you can't win!"


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 12:31 pm 
Offline
Middleweight
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 08, 2008 1:36 pm
Posts: 826
el critico wrote:
he is not expected to win so this kind of news is not all shocking :biglaugh:


what do you know...randy is a bum all his life...onrushing but monotonous approach? well said...i've been finding these words suited for suico!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 12:37 pm 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 07, 2006 1:43 pm
Posts: 6025
Location: near you
Nothing new... With due respect, Randy Suico has joined the ranks of BUMs a long time ago when he was defeated by "Baby Bull" Diaz in a title challenge. 8)

_________________
Improve your mind and your mind will improve you. - Anonymous.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 12:52 pm 
Offline
Light Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 11, 2007 6:47 am
Posts: 1721
Oh Suico.

Leave Japan.

Get to the US where you can fight Mexicans who prefer your style of fighting... the bullrushing technique. All power.

Given Suico's actual lack of boxing skills, I think that's the best way to go for him. Just put him up against sluggers, and not boxers.

_________________
SUPPORT OUR BOXERS
YouTube Alias: TeamPilipinas516
Pacquiao. Nietes.
Ring Magazine Pound4Pound: #1 PACQUIAO, #5 DONAIRE


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 12:54 pm 
Offline
Cruiserweight

Joined: Sat Jan 17, 2004 7:34 pm
Posts: 2000
Randy "improved" his status from being a prospect to a regional journeyman.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 3:18 pm 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 14, 2005 10:59 am
Posts: 29214
sad to hear..


but randy is very limited, packs a punch but slow as a sloth... no surprise if he was outpunched............

_________________
================================================================================================


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 3:19 pm 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 14, 2005 10:59 am
Posts: 29214
pinoyflipboi wrote:
Oh Suico.

Leave Japan.

Get to the US where you can fight Mexicans who prefer your style of fighting... the bullrushing technique. All power.

Given Suico's actual lack of boxing skills, I think that's the best way to go for him. Just put him up against sluggers, and not boxers.




i agree. suico should leave japan and head to the
us.. he could get more lucrative fights against mexican journeymen like hector velasquez :)

_________________
================================================================================================


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 3:22 pm 
Offline
Welterweight
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 30, 2008 5:33 pm
Posts: 467
Location: Oslo, Norway
randy is developing his ultra elektro magnetic slo mo punch.

_________________
Greatest Boxing Match EVER!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qC9IKyaI5jw


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 5:45 pm 
Offline
Welterweight
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2007 11:17 pm
Posts: 303
Location: Bacoor, Cavite
He needs to change trainer, Mayweather Sr. could help speed wise...Manager could also be a factor, IMO.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 6:03 pm 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 22, 2006 3:54 pm
Posts: 4220
Location: Mount. Apo - Kidapawan City
el critico wrote:
he is not expected to win so this kind of news is not all shocking :biglaugh:


The title itself proclaimed in a soft voice (no xclamation) thats its no big deal.

_________________
"People who lived in a glass house should not play stones"


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 6:12 pm 
Offline
Welterweight
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2009 8:11 am
Posts: 352
Sayang!! he should have Roach as his trainer for his next fight, dump his japanese manager for his own good.. :gun2:


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 68 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

All times are UTC + 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

philboxing.com | pinoygreats.com
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group