Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:05 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 5:29 am 
Light Heavyweight

junbinan wrote:
Erap wrote:
Okay guys, the question is "Should we accept mediocrity, simply because someone is Filipino?".

Are we here on this site because we are Filipinos, or we are boxing fans.

How can we progress, if we always give a free pass because someone is a kababayan?

This is not a bait thread. I just want to know, when do we start looking at accountability? Example of course, is Randy Suico.

Is this some kind of "palusot" of that mediocre futbol thread? :gun2: No no no

MEDIOCRE THREAD..MEDIOCRE TS..mediocre ay yung hindi ginamit ang potential..kaya binabawi ko na..hindi mediocre ang TS..talagang ganun na siya..wla kasing potential (para gamitin ang utak) ok na sana sa simula, kaso papasukan ng condoning because of being a filipino, tapos example pa isang boxingero na kahit papano ay may narating sa buhay..hindi nga siya great, pero masasabi naman nating good boxer..pero hindi mediocre..saka salitang mediocre TS ay minsan relative na yan sa ngsasalita..sa iba ok yung tao, sa iba hindi..ganun yun ts..so kung ang tanong mo ay bakit iba ay condone nila si randy suico, kasi nagagandahan siya sa laro ng tao, sa iba na tulad mo, hindi..ganon lang yon..papalusot mo lang sarili mo sa salitang mediocre sa futbol thread, nandamay ka pa uli ng isang tao..tanga ka talaga..:lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 5:59 am 
Cruiserweight

Erap wrote:
Okay guys, the question is "Should we accept mediocrity, simply because someone is Filipino?".

Are we here on this site because we are Filipinos, or we are boxing fans.

How can we progress, if we always give a free pass because someone is a kababayan?

This is not a bait thread. I just want to know, when do we start looking at accountability? Example of course, is Randy Suico.

I haven't seen Suico's last fight, but I'd like to say that I'd never seen anything wrong with supporting a kababayan even though he isn't the best out there. I can almost guarantee than had there been a website like Pacland 20 years ago, people would have called Manny Pacquiao a bum or mediocre fighter after his lost to Torrecampo and Singsurat.

I don't know about you, but I'm not a fan of who's best out there; I'm a fan of their character, where they came from, and what they represent. I've been a fan of SF Giants and SF 49rs, and it wasn't until this year that the Giants became a world series champion, and the niners....well they're still woking on it. BUT I continue to support them even though by most Paclander's standard, the niners are pretty mediocre right now.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 7:04 am 
Heavyweight

SHOULD WE ACCEPT MEDIOCRITY?
>> No.. :D

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 7:42 am 
Cruiserweight

there seems to be a dubious label/tag that filipino=mediocrity

i for one don't agree but at times it seems to fit a lot of filipinos i've been around with. there doesn't seem to be the need or urgency to attain lofty goals. i'm sure mediocrity is not what we filipinos want but in comparison to korea, japan, china, and soon to be asian power player vietnam, the reality is that we are way behind.
what is the main reason in not being able to get out of this rut? is it our leaders, is it the instability and volatility, or do we lack the proper education and know-how to be like our neighboring asian countries????

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 8:35 am 
Light Heavyweight

Palusot sana ang TS......sablay pa din :) E-RAP mo na lang pre

"tama na yan inuman na!!!!!!"

trans: Merry X'mass ERAP