Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Fri Aug 17, 2018 5:08 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 115 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 12:16 am 
Welterweight

Sadly, he won't unless he fights a champion who doesn't know how to move around. His last fight even if he KOed his opponents is not impressive. He is painfully slow. He is not match to the relentlessness of a Michael Katsidis or the less than talented David Diaz. The lightweight division is deep and better fighters like Nate Campbell don't even have a belt.

Training him in the US even with Roach or Steward will not help either. This is no longer his formative years so all the trainer could teach him are strategies not the skills he lacked. His style can no longer be changed though it can be improved.

I don't think he is lacks punching volume. In his fight with Juan Diaz, he throw over 80 punches per round but didn't cause any damage. Being economical is appropriate for a power puncher like him only that he lasked the speed and the skills to maximize his power.

We will continue supporting him anyways though I think his skills are just for Asian boxing.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 6:54 pm 
Middleweight

Randy Suico is very tough. He has a world class jaw.

But NO he can't be a world champion. He is not a world class fighter. At 28 all he knows is uppercut. He can't even jab.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 7:03 pm 
Lightweight

Fana is a joke but look he is terrorizing IBF challegers for his belt

...I'm sorry, you say something?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 8:37 pm 
Cruiserweight

Give Suico another chance, who knows he is a late bloomer. Look at Gerry Penalosa, the current title eluded him for years. Maybe Randy can get a belt at 35 as well.....its a long wait. :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 7:35 am 
Heavyweight

Let's all hope and pray that he will be someday...

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 8:46 am 
Heavyweight

caloy76 wrote:
Give Suico another chance, who knows he is a late bloomer. Look at Gerry Penalosa, the current title eluded him for years. Maybe Randy can get a belt at 35 as well.....its a long wait. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Gerry's exceptional talent and skills are already evident when he was younger. An apple is not a banana. There is no comparison. :lol: :lol: :lol:

“I sympathize with those who would minimize economic entanglement between nations. Ideas, knowledge, art, hospitality, travel should of their nature be international. But let goods be homespun and finance be primarily national.”
-Keynes

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 9:11 am 
Welterweight

jowee wrote:

But NO he can't be a world champion. He is not a world class fighter. At 28 all he knows is uppercut. He can't even jab.

:) We cant understimate Randy. He has a caliber of a world champion and has the power to beat diaz. Evrything can be developed with Randy.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 10:16 am 
Welterweight

st_ang3r wrote:
he is talented...has KO power in both hans...granite chin...but he is slow. after his contract with koizomi...i think he should find a manager that will bring him to the US and let him train with steward or roach

No way he will be a world champion... If he wants to keep winning and making a paycheck he should stay in asia. If he comes to the US he will only be a sparring partner for those on there way up.. :(

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 10:57 am 
Heavyweight

saladin wrote:
will RANDY SUICO be a WORLD CHAMPION?

he is championship material if he trians with ALA or JARO

No way can he be a champion. He is a flatfooted slug who fires his fists just a few times throughout the bout, no defense. He fires his shot on Monday and arrives at his opponent on Friday, that's how he fights and I don't see in him the qualities of a world champion. :D :D :D

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 11:09 am 
Lightweight

Ranmdy is champion material if honed enough. He needs to go to Gello-Ani if he wants to break into boxing.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 11:13 am 
Welterweight

st_ang3r wrote:
he is talented...has KO power in both hans...granite chin...but he is slow. after his contract with koizomi...i think he should find a manager that will bring him to the US and let him train with steward or roach

I second that!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 12:34 pm 
Middleweight

st_ang3r wrote:

THAT'S TRUE....
i've watched several of suico's fights. he is a patient, a thinking boxer, powerful, granite chin and you are correct, he is slow. he has to improve his side to side movements and his footwork in moving in and out of danger. when he fought against diaz, yes, he was not hurt, but, he was like a punching bag of the quick diaz. if he had the luck and caught diaz with his bombs, he had the chance to win. but, he was just too slow. if he wants to make it big time, he needs a good trainer and that's the only way. in his last ,with the samejima, he won by KO against the taller opponent but his style has not changed, there is no way he can make it big time... so time to overhaul his corner... had he stayed with ALA stable where he started, where almost all of them started (mayol,penalosa, tunacao,joma gamboa, dindo castanares... etc.) he would have been better off by now, because ALA does'nt mind sharing his fighters with other outfits with good trainers just to improve his boxers and even spending for this purpose.( his loss with FANA was a heartache hometown decision, he floored FANA and did better but lost in the scorecards.)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 12:45 pm 
Cruiserweight

Now, I just hope he will get another chance perhaps a mandatory challenge. i do not think he is that attractive to promoters so he needs to wish that one of the boxing alphabelts will give him a chance to prove if he can be a champ or he is just a "never was". 8) :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 7:44 pm 
Middleweight

Danilo Gabia wrote:
jowee wrote:

:) We cant understimate Randy. He has a caliber of a world champion and has the power to beat diaz. Evrything can be developed with Randy.

i beg to disagree. every good textbook boxer can beat randy. his trainers has been trying to develop randy's skills for about 5 years now and still nothing. like i said, he can't even jab.

it's just so frustrating watching this kid fight world class boxers.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 9:30 pm 
Light Heavyweight

every boxer can be world champion if they are properly guided and trained by great coaches.. :)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 115 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next